Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shamma Kapoor BediYour feedback matters!
My wife having bleeding after menstrual cycle on day of 8th and 9th, what are the causes or is there any thing serious please let me know.
Hii doctor. My last period date was 29-8-16. Last month I mean 29-9-16 till now I hv missed my periods. And from some days I am feeling tired and weak. Wht will I do pls suggest!
The sexual health of a human being depends on various factors. These may include the physiological make up of the individual as well as the emotional well being and finally also, the physical health of the person. Ailments, illnesses and diseases can have a huge bearing on the sexual health of an individual, and a cancer patient is no different. Cancer can have a profound effect on one's sexual health:
- Sexual Dysfunction: There are various kinds of cancer and cancer treatments that can suck the energy out of the patient. This also affects the sexual drive and health of the patient. Sexual dysfunction is a common by product of many such treatments, with at least 50% women patients suffering from the same, after breast and cervical cancer.
- Surgery: This is a factor that has a high relation with the sex drive of the patient. Any surgery that is related to cancer usually takes a toll on the body, and leads to a diminishing interest in various areas like food, and sex.
- Tumour: The size and location of the tumour has a major effect on the way a person behaves sexually after treatment and surgery. The tumour decides the severity and aftermath of the treatment and surgery, as well as the amount of tissue that is eventually removed. This can affect the performance and interest of a person in terms of sex.
- Chemotherapy: This kind of therapy and treatment as well as a lot of radiation can lead to side effects like nausea, vomiting, loose motions, dizzy spells, weight loss or gain, and even loss of hair. All these factors greatly affect the person's self image and self esteem which in turn have a bearing on how the person reacts sexually. Most men and women do not have the energy or the drive for sexual intercourse after chemotherapy.
- Prostate Cancer: Getting an erection and achieving ejaculation becomes quite a challenge with this kind of cancer because of the location of the prostate gland where the tumour is generally located.
- Hormones: While the hormones get altered during the treatment and also due to the hormonal treatment that is a part of the therapy followed for cancer patients, the psychological impact and the sexual disinterest is apparent in the patients as well.
M 4 months pregnant. Actually muje 2 3 days se internal pain ho ra h like nerves me cheek pdh ri h is there any serious problem. please help me?
Washing your skin with water is something that you probably do daily, but you may not know at what temperature the water should be. Using water at the correct temperature is advantageous for the skin. Water at extreme temperatures is harmful for the skin as your skin is not designed that way.
The temperature of the water should also depend on the purpose for which it is being used. Here are some tips on how to set the temperature of the water depending on the purpose:
- Showering: While showering, if you are using hot water, then it may strip your skin of its essential oils and make it vulnerable to dryness. This may cause various skin complications, such as cracked and rough skin. Hence, use lukewarm water while you shower.
- Washing your hair: Using hot water to wash your hair may lead to hair damage as it rids your hair of all the essential oils and makes it limp and dull. Lukewarm to normal water is recommended while washing your hair as it will allow the hair to retain its natural oils.
- Brushing: The right temperature of water while brushing your teeth should optimally be lukewarm. Too cold or hot water can lead to teeth sensitivity and cause oral problems.
- Washing your face: Before you apply a cleansing agent on your face, use warm water to wet the face as it helps to open up your pores. After the cleansing agent is applied, then use cold water to wash your face. Cold water helps in closing the pores after the impurities are removed from the skin.
- Shaving: If you are going to shave, then opt for warm water as it opens the pores up and thus makes it easier for the blade to glide through the skin. This also reduces the risk of razor burns on your skin.
- Washing your feet: Wash your feet with lukewarm water as it facilitates dead cell removal and also helps in getting rid of warts.
What is the best time to have sex to conceive. Some of my friends say before periods and the other say after period. We are planning to conceive a child. My period lasted for 4-5 days with a cycle of 15 days. Please suggest
I'm 24 years old boy from Bangalore and I used to have sex affair with a married girl and sometimes I used to go with prostitute most of the times I used to do with condom but few months ago when I was having sex with my x girlfriend my penis skin was torn and blood was coming it was paning and can't open my penis skin at that time there was some white liquid inside my skin every time. Is that a symptom of hiv.
My self Pradip Ojha I have a O ve blood group and my wife is having B-ve blood group. Can you please convey any mis happenings for this instance pre and post pregnancy. Adding to the same is there any effects on the new born?
I am 23 getting pregnant this is my 9 month continued. How I know that pain for delivery? every time I feel pain on my stomach.
My wife started taking oral contraceptive pill from 10th day. And also we started sex from 10th day and so on. Will she get pregnant?
Chronic nephritis is a type of Glomerulonephritis (GN). In this condition, irritation takes place in the Glomeruli, which are parts in your kidneys comprising tiny blood vessels. These knots of vessels filter your blood and remove excess fluids from the body. In case your glomeruli are harmed, your kidneys will quit working properly and you can suffer from kidney failure. It is a very serious illness that can be life threatening and requires immediate medical intervention.
The condition is also called nephritis. There can be both acute and chronic nephritis. The chronic type of GN can take several years to develop with almost no obvious symptoms. This can cause irreversible harm to your kidneys and also prompt complete kidney failure.
Causes and risks:
A hereditary condition can once in a while cause chronic nephritis. It happens in young men with poor vision and poor hearing. Persistent and untreated conditions may also bring about chronic nephritis. A history of cancer in the family may likewise put you at danger. Having acute nephritis may make you more prone to build up chronic nephritis later on. Being exposed to some hydrocarbon solvents may build the danger of chronic nephritis. Chronic nephritis does not generally have a clear-cut cause. About 25% of individuals with this condition have no history of kidney diseases.
A few symptoms of chronic nephritis include:
- Blood or abundance protein in your urine
- Swelling in lower legs
- Continuous urination during evenings
- Bubbly or frothy urine (from abundance protein)
- Stomach pain
- Continuous nosebleeds
Depending upon the symptoms of the problem, the treatment might be distinctive. Some of the ways it can be dealt with are:
- Controlling hypertension, particularly if that is the hidden cause for the problem. Circulatory strain might be difficult to control when your kidneys are not working properly. If so, your specialist may prescribe pulse medicines, including angiotensin-changing over catalyst inhibitors. Some of these medicines include Captopril, Lisinopril and Perindopril.
- Your specialist may likewise recommend angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs). Some of these may include Losartan, Irbesartan and Valsartan.
- Another technique to reduce immune-triggered aggravation is plasmapheresis. This procedure expels the liquid part of the blood (plasma) and replaces it with intravenous (IV) liquids or donated plasma (without any antibodies).
For chronic GN, you will have to decrease the level of protein, salt and potassium in your diet. Also, you should observe the amount of fluid you drink. Calcium supplements might be suggested and you may need to take diuretics to lessen swelling. Not surprisingly, check with your general physician or kidney specialist for rules about dietary restrictions or food. In case your condition worsens and causes kidney failure, you may need dialysis. This is a technique where a machine filters your blood. In the end, you may require a kidney transplant. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Nephrologist.
I am 25 years old. Mujhe 1 december 2015 ko baby hui thi but uski body me bhut si problems ki wajah se uski 24 january ko death ho gayi Abhi mujhe koi baby nhi h. Nd mujhe twins baby chahiye.
How to make your menstrual cycles regular?
First, you should know what is meant by the word 'irregular'? In most women period movers at an interval of 28 to 30 days. But it is said to be normal if it happens every 21-35 days. That means you should have periods not more frequently than every 3 weeks or not less frequently than every 5 weeks. But if you had previous cycles at an interval of every 4 weeks but now you are having periods every 5 weeks, that is ABNORMAL, although it is occurring every 35 days. In other words, change in interval up to 7 days is normal, nit beyond that. For example, if you had periods every 30 days previously and for last 2 months it is happening every 33 days or every 25 days, then it's normal. But if it happens at an interval of more than 37 days (30 + 7) or less than 23 days (30- 7) then it's, of course, abnormal.
So what are the things you can do for regular periods?
1. Normal weight
Ideal weight varies according to the height. We express it in terms of BMI (Body Mass Index) that is the weight in Kg divided by the square of the height in centimeters. Ideal BMI should be between 19 to 25. If it's more than 25, reduce weight by diet and exercise. IT can resume normal menstruation without any drugs. IF despite your sincere efforts, you are unable to lose weight or even after normalization of weight menstruation remains irregular, you must consult your gynaecologist for treatment.
On the other hand, very low BMI can also cause irregular menses. Treatment is weight gain. This is often seen in athletes and they are even at the risk of losing bone calcium because if excessive exercise and strict diet control. If gaining weight does not help, you must consult your doctor for having regular periods.
2. Stress, Anxiety, Tension, Depression
These are an inevitable part of modern lifestyle. These may not only cause mental problems but will also cause physical problems by altering the hormone levels. The result is an abnormal menstrual cycle. Try to avoid them by relaxation, counseling and if necessary by taking help of doctors.
3. Thyroid disorders
The problem of the thyroid gland is common in females and causes abnormal weight and changes the action of many hormones. The result is irregular menstruation. So if you feel lethargy, extreme cold, weakness or increased weight, do not forget to check thyroid status after consulting a doctor.
4. Pituitary disorders
The pituitary gland is a gland situated inside the brain that controls hormone of other glands of the body. If there is soMe tumour or soNe abnormalities in its function, there will be high level of prolactin hormone secretion or there will be a deficiency of hormones like FSH and LH. As a result, ovaries cannot produce enough hormones and you will have irregular menstruation. So in the case of abnormal menstruation, please Check your prolactin level.
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome is common nowadays. Apart from causing abnormal menstruation, it increases the risk of infertility, high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease and even cancer. It is diagnosed by clinical features, hor tests and ultrasonography. It may also cause weight gain, male like the growth of hairs in body and oily skin. The treatment is weight control and drugs to regularize menses. This is particularly important in young women teenagers, in whom timely treatment can prevent many serious consequences.
6. Premature Ovarian Failure
In some women, menopause can come earlier and irregular menstruation may be the early indication of this. This may be followed by permanent cessation if periods. So if you are planning for family expansion but have irregular menses, do not delay pregnancy.
7. Problems in uterus
Excessive trauma to the uterus by repeated surgical abortion or infections like STD are tuberculosis can damage the lining of the uterus. The result is irregular menses followed by total cessation of menses. But this problem can be easily treated if you consult your gynecologist in time.
8. Systemic diseases and drugs
Irregular menSes should never be ignored. Sometimes it may be because if so e undiagnosed diseases like diabetes, diseases if heart, liver, kidney, chest etc. Often it may be the side effect if the drugs you are taking- like antacids containing domperidone, psychiatric drugs, Steroids or chemotherapy.
In conclusion, irregular menstruation may sometimes warn you about serious diseases and may be associated with infertility and early menopause. Stay healthy, have healthy diet and lifestyle, maintain a normal weight, get rid of tension and attend your doctor's clinics in time.