Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shamim Akhtar
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Shamim AkhtarYour feedback matters!
I am 22 years old, I suffering from left west back joint pain, from 6 months. I want to know about what type of doses and how can I relief from it. Kindly inform me a satisfy solution because its paining heavy. I can not walk properly, can't sleep on this side.
One year before my left knee got twisted while playing badminton. I did not shown it to doctor as resting for 2 to 3 days, I felt better. But after that incidence I was not able to give pressure on left knee and when I did this my knee was twisting. This happened 4 to 5 times. 4 days back again I fall down because of twist in left knee. I showed it to doctor. Doctor asked me take x ray. It was fine so he asked me to take mri. By seeing mri, he suggested me to do acl reconstruction surgery. My question is whether this surgery is necessary? What are the benefits and side effects of this surgery and risk involved in it? Is it possible after surgery that I can play, run and do my regular activities without any problem? Please guide. Also I want to know more about acl reconstruction. What has actually happened?
My friend is having very bad back pain for past ten days he consulted a family doctor that said he have cervical according to my friend its just a moderate pain. Can you help what could be it?
Dear sir, I am having back pain from 6 months now I have done with ultrasound of (kub )everything is ok but in urine examination pus cell ranges 5 to 6 and bacteria and rbc and pus cell also come and in kft all the things seems right wat to do sir.
Hi, I met with an accident in 2007. My left knee ACL got complete teared. Is it necessary to reconstruct ACL for future, If yes can you please tell me the procedure, cost of the reconstruction surgery and recovery time.
Knee replacement surgery- which is also known as knee arthroplasty, helps to relieve the pain in the knee thereby restoring the knee function. During this procedure, a surgeon cuts the damaged cartilage and bone from the kneecap, thighbone, and shinbone and replaces the same with an artificial joint comprising of high-grade plastics, alloys, and polymers. A patient/surgeon has the liberty to choose the type of knee joint he/she prefers based on factors such as weight, age, overall health etc.
Signs that might indicate a knee replacement surgery -
- The pain in the knee keeps coming back all the time.
- The knee aches after a brisk walk or during an ongoing exercise session.
- The mobility of a person has gradually decreased over time as compared to last few years.
- A supporting cane or medication isn’t delivering the desired support or pain relief.
- The knee tends to stiffen when a person sits for a long time. Example- witting through a movie or sitting in the car for too long proves to be a major hurdle.
- The pain proves to be a major problem that intervenes with sleep.
- The knee motion significantly decreases once a person tries to bend the knee.
- Climbing stairs turns out to be a major hurdle.
- Getting out of bathtubs becomes a major challenge.
- The knee becomes and stays stiff or at least half an hour after getting up from bed in the morning. If the stiffness lasts for more than 60 minutes, it is a sign of inflammatory disease.
How is a knee replacement surgery performed?
- Knee replacement surgery requires overnight stay in the hospital.
- It involves a general or spinal anesthesia.
- Once the skin over the surgical site is cleansed with an antiseptic, the doctor makes an incision and takes out the damaged surface of the knee joint.
- The knee joint is then resurfaced with a prosthesis made up of plastic and metal.
A cemented prosthesis is most commonly used during these days. The prosthesis contains 3 components:
- Tibial component
- Femoral component
- Patellar component
What are the advantages of knee replacement surgery?
- The biggest advantage of this surgery is the freedom from constant and throbbing pain.
- The fact that surgery can increase the mobility also proves to be a blessing for the general condition of the patient.
- Knee replacement also helps a patient to get rid of supporting device such as a cane, wheelchair, pain medications etc.
- The feeling of stiffness also goes away after the surgery.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!