Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Shambhu SharmaYour feedback matters!
I started going to gym from 4th April. From that day I have pain in my back and shoulders. What should I do?
I'm suffering from severe leg pain from over a week. What could be the reason for the pain and what should I do?
I am a 20 years old male and I have a problem of right knee pain during sitting time in chair. What is the problem and it's solution?
I am 25 years old female since I got married I am suffering from vaginal infection stomach ache. Backache and legs ache . I am not able to conceive also it as been since one years please help I also got operated taller bladder stone also. Please help in conceive my husband family is forcing me please help.
My grandpa got accident one month ago, the wrist was broken, doctor plastered it but it was not set. He looted lots of money. X ray says the bone is misplaced. The hand pains a lot. Can she use painkillers. What can be done to set the bone of wrist ,one month has already past away. At night the pain increases, she feels like fainting and is weak. Is it good to plaster once again or break the bone and plaster it. We r desperate please diagnose her.
Is knee joint pain permanently incurable or not. If not, what should one do not to suffer pain. What to do for keeping oneself in long time walkable condition.
Mujh gyming krte hua 1 weekk hua h.meri leg ki muscle pain h.or pain dhire dhire leg se feet pr jaa rh h Mera weight 100 kg h .Age 19. Or gyming weight loss k liy krta hu.
Wounds and bruises are both injuries. However, they differ widely in terms of the causing factors, the nature of the injury, the pain they cause and the kind of treatment they require.
The following are a few of the myriad ways in which the two injuries differ from each other:
- A wound causes quick damage - the skin tissue is cut or punctured while a bruise (also called a closed wound) is where the skin is not torn.
- A wound is usually caused by a sharp object but bruises are the results of blunt force or trauma.
- A wound almost certainly bleeds due to ruptured tissue and blood vessels. Blunt injury also damages the blood capillaries of the skin and causes blood to accumulate under the skin tissue, creating a dark patch of skin. Blood vessels can also break due to lifting of heavy objects or overexertion of muscles.
- A wound carries the risk of infection because the skin is open but a bruise does not get infected.
- A wound has a burning or stinging sensation but a bruise is characterized by swelling and a blunt throbbing pain.
- A wound can be healed by antiseptic and antibiotic medication. Large wounds need to be closed by stitching them up to avoid severe infection. On the other hand, a bruise usually heals by itself. A cold compress and pain killers may be used to ease discomfort. Heat can be applied to the injured spot to normalize the blood flow and dissolve the blood clot.
- A wound can lead to complications like bacterial infections or the healing might be delayed by chronic diseases like diabetes. In case of a bruise, it usually does not cause complications but if there's a blunt injury to sensitive areas like the head, the tailbone or the eyes, medical attention is advised.
- Wounds and bruises can also be differentiated on the basis of their subtypes.
The different types of wounds are:
- Incision (sharp objects cutting the dermis layer of skin)
- Abrasion (the epithelial tissue is scraped off)
- Avulsion (a body structure is torn off)
- Penetration (a sharp object causes an entry and an exit wound)
- Puncture (only an entry wound caused by a sharp object)
The different types of bruises are:
- Hematoma (blood pools under the skin)
- Purpura (tiny spots of blood on the inside of the mouth)
- Contusion (similar to hematoma and caused by external trauma)
- Crush injury (caused due to a large amount of force on the body part for a long time)
Related Tip: "4 Surgical Alternatives For Burns And Wounds"