Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShamaYour feedback matters!
If I am planning to become pregnant while using allegra (fexofenadine) Allegra is safe during pregnancy?
My gf is suffering from breast problem nipple burning, swelling,radish, and paining downside is it serious or infection and how to cure
I have cramps during my periods and is unbearable sometimes and I can not seem to get any relief please help me.
I had unprotected sex but used i-pill within 72 hours (between 48-72 hrs). I have no idea what happened but my period is due for like 2 weeks. I performed a home based pregnancy test today with 'i-can' which showed positive result. I am now confused please advice what to do.
My wife had uterine fibriod surgery before that she suffered by typhoid and cough and cold docter assumed and treated as tb after takin tb medicine a week it occures side effect then b madication stoped now after two year ago what precautions and test reqired please suggest and also suggest a exclusive chest and lungs treatment hospitals in india.
I am suffering from PCOS. I had my last periods on jan 17 to jan 21. May I know that my body is in which phase of menstrual cycle? Am I going through proliferative phase and I didn't ovulate? My reports say that I have multiple small follicles and endometrium thickness of 11mm.
I had sex before 3 months i. E. In dec but it was unprotected. I had regular periods 3 times i. E. In dec, jan and feb. But I am scared now of being pregnant. So is there any possibility of my being pregnant. please reply as soon as possible.
Allergic reactions are the body’s way of responding to foreign substances. The body recognizes these substances (be it food, pollens, insect bites, etc.) as antigens and produces antibodies. These antibodies can cause various reactions depending on the severity of the allergen, be it skin rash, hives, or angioedema. In severe cases, there could be swelling of the tongue and the respiratory tract, leading to choking of the airways.
Literally, angioedema means swelling of the blood vessels. These are located in the underlying layers of the skin and their swelling can lead to formation of giant hives, which can be extremely itchy, reddish, and oval or circular in shape. The affected area I usually warm and painful to touch.
Angioedema is caused due to the following:
Food allergies including eggs, peanuts, shellfish, milk, tree nuts, chocolates, etc.
Insect bites or stings
Pollen, latex, animal dander, poison ivy, and other common allergens
Medications like aspirin, penicillin, ibuprofen, and some blood pressure medicines
In response to blood transfusions
Auto-immune disorders like lupus
Conditions like leukemia and thyroid disorders
Infections like hepatitis, cytomegalovirus infections, Epstein-Barr infections, etc.
Weather conditions like extremes of cold, heat, or pressure
Extreme emotional stress
Genetic angioedema, passed on from parents to children, which could last forever
While hives usually develop without any warning, the following condition puts a person at risk of developing angioedema.
Predisposition to allergic reactions (highly active immune system)
Previous history of allergies
Genetic history of allergies or angioedema
Most angioedema cases are limited to the skin and hives, but there could be severe cases leading to respiratory distress.
If it is the first instance of hives, the doctor would ask detailed questions about similar occurrence in the past. They would also check if there are similar hives on other parts of the body like the back, which you may have missed. If required, this examination is followed by allergy testing and blood testing. The allergy testing will help identify if you are allergic to some of the common things which cause allergy. The blood test will look for your eosinophil count, which is usually high in people prone to allergies. C1 esterase inhibitor test and complement particles also can be checked, if there is suspicion of genetic angioedema.
This would depend on the severity of symptoms
- In case of angioedema, admission in hospital may be needed.
- Tracheostomy may also become essential to save patients life.
- Vigorous therapy with intravenous medications like steroid, antihistamines and others may be needed.
- Under medical treatment, antihistamines like cetirizine and loratadine are prescribed. However, severe cases may require steroids like prednisolone.
Once you know what caused it, avoid exposure to these substances and further attacks can be prevented. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
I marred just few days. Bt after intercourse my wife forget to take emergency pill within 72 hours. After 72 hours my wife take emergency pill. Can my wife pregnant. please help. My wife do not want to pregnant right now. please help.
Periods after 25, 35, 40, 55 days sometime. She was having cyst in her ovaries last year and was under medications. Thereafter menses were regular but unable to concieve. Please suggest us what to do. And also what is the right time after menses for having sex. In intercourse, after ejaculations, most of the ejaculated semen come out of her vagina. Is it normal? or is there any problem in the procedure of having effective copulation. Please suggest.
My aunt has a boy (4 years old. Now she wants her 2nd child So she came to know that if intercourse will happen before 2/3 days of ovulation then there is a chance of a girl child. Her period starts on 10/11 of every month and ends on 12/13 .this month happened on 10-8-16. So which date will be her ovulation date? Is this process works if yes then how? If not then please give any suggestion and which precautions should be taken in this process? And which food works more for a child .sir/madam your valuable suggestions will be good for us.
If you tell people that their diet or lifestyle or habits make them unhealthy, and chances are that they’d believe you. Not only that, they’d even agree with you wholeheartedly. But if you tell them that the same makes them dumber, then they’d either laugh at you or fight with you. However, its true. Certain things really lower your IQ. Read on to find out.
1. Group projects or meetings: Being a part of group projects or meetings can greatly drain your brain reveals a recent study. The reason for that is that when you’re in a group you have to concentrate more on behaviour and interaction, as a result of which your brain’s performance reduces and you end up making more ‘silly mistakes.’ In fact the situation worsens in a mixed sex group. Research found out that 14% men fare poorly at mental tasks when they feel that women are watching them. Best performance on the other hand is guaranteed when you work alone.
2. Jetlag: Jetlag can cause permanent problems in learning and memory. Research carried out by the University of California revealed that frequent jet lags are equivalent to a hangover that lasts way too long. This can cause you trouble in learning new things. In fact the same study also revealed that the effect of frequent jet lags can last more than a month, making you stupider in the long run. This is because constantly resetting your body clock can alter the anatomy of your brain. That’s the reason why flight attendants are found to suffer from severe memory loss.
3. Being spanked as a child: A research conducted by the University of Hampshire showed that children who were hit as punishment suffered from trauma that hampered their mental growth, and as a consequence led to lower IQs. This post-traumatic stress disorder faced by children who were spanked was the same that soldiers go through when watching heads being blown off. Not only that, even letting babies cry can cause lower IQs in them as the stress experienced is the same. In fact, letting babies cry can cause permanent brain damage which can also lead to trust issues. However, conflicts among family members has a positive impact in decision making, executive function of the child.
4. Junk food: A study found out that kids who eat plenty of junk food at the age of 3 can suffer from low IQs at the age of 8 as compared to those who followed a healthier diet. Eating junk food led to underdeveloped cognitive, behavioural and social skills in children due to lack of nutrition required by the brain to develop properly. In fact sugary foods can have the same effect on adults as well. Overdose of sugar can make your body resistant to insulin which interferes with the way your brain cells work, making you more stupid as a result.
5. Being a city dweller: Living in a city can be the reason why you suffer from poor memory, inattention and learning problems. The reason behind is that living in a city is very taxing for your brain, and your attention is divided between all the multitasking you have to do. This can lead to exhaustion, which as a result can lead to poor memory since your brain is just too tired to recall things. On the other hand, greener environments have the exact opposite effect and can help your brain in functioning more efficiently.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
The sweltering and scorching summers can bring life to a standstill. Monsoon provides the much needed relief, people long for. However, with merits come the demerits. In the excitement, do not neglect your health. The humid and damp weather can affect your health immensely. Many fungal and bacterial infections are common during the monsoon season. These infections can have a huge impact on the overall health. Skin and hair problems are also on the rise during this season. Thus, one needs to be careful about their diet and healthcare regime. Time and again, herbal remedies have proved their effectiveness in dealing with the various monsoon related health problems.
Herbal Remedies for skin problems:
- Acne, pimples, skin eruptions and rashes are common during monsoon. For people with oily skin, the situation gets worse. It is important to keep the skin clean and hydrated. For a healthy, blemish free skin, it is important to flush out the toxins. Drink 6 - 8 glasses (2-3 litres) of water daily.
- For oily skin, it is best to use a mixture of cucumber juice and rose water on the face. This mixture helps to reduce the oiliness of the face.
- Neem and Fenugreek (both leaves and seeds) are excellent herbs for the skin. Applying neem paste on acne, skin rash and pimples provides great relief. One can also wash the face with neem water (boiled overnight and sieved). Apply a paste of freshly grinded fenugreek leaves on the face to ward off skin eruptions.
- Sandalwood paste mixed with rose water effectively deals with acne and pimples. It provides a great cooling effect.
- Manjistha is useful against skin rashes.
- The antiseptic properties of turmeric are known to all. A mixture of chickpea flour (besan), milk and turmeric is an effective facial and body scrub. Use of aloe vera gel can also prove to be beneficial.
Herbal Remedies for Hair problems:
- Hair fall, itchy scalp and dandruff problems are common during monsoon. It is very important to keep the scalp clean and healthy.
- Aloe vera can greatly check and reverse the hair fall problem. Aloe vera hair mask is an effective herbal remedy to treat itchy scalp.
- Use of Amla, reetha and shikakai go a long way to control and prevent the hair fall and other hair related problems.
- Turmeric, ginger, honey, amla and tulsi are excellent herbal options to deal with cold and cough.
- Include lots of fruits, vegetables, avocados, berries and nuts into your diet.
- Avoid coffee and sweetened beverages. Opt for herbal tea instead.
- Avoid fast and processed foods completely.
This monsoon, do not let the health problems dampen your spirits. Embrace the goodness of herbal remedies and enjoy the season like never before.