Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shama
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShamaYour feedback matters!
Youth is something which is associated with vibrancy and grace. It can be said that over the course of time, there is a big impact on one’s youth. No matter how much vibrancy a woman may retain as she ages, her youthful looks are often at the receiving end of time’s cruelty. But, of course, it does not always have to be that way, especially if a woman is willing to try out fillers!
Fillers are a very effective way to make a woman look younger and they are also very safe, as long as a person who is experienced is the one who is administering them. They are injections which contain a variety of components. One of the major ones happens to be Hyaluronic Acid. While this may seem to be just another name of a chemical to most people, it is very important as it is naturally present in everybody.
In fact, it is a sugar which has a pretty big part to play in terms of the volume of the skin and its condition. Over time, the elasticity of the skin and how well it covers the underlying tissues reduce. When a dermal filler is injected, it provides a boost of this sugar, which helps fight off the effect of ageing, and quite successfully so.
The material that is injected through dermal filler is absorbed over the course of some months by the body. As a result of this, it is true that a person who has chosen dermal fillers to look younger will face a need to have this procedure done again every 10 months to a year. However, judging by the radically beneficial impact that shows almost immediately on the face, it can be said that going through the process again is something that a woman who has had dermal fillers before will think is surely worth it!
One of the biggest advantages of dermal fillers is the low risk factor associated with it, unlike other methods. It is considerably safer than surgeries, which can have their own potential complications and also have longer recovery times. Apart from waiting for some swelling to subside, there is negligible recovery time for dermal fillers. When there is so much in favour of it, why not give dermal fillers a shot? They not only fill one’s face, but also fills one with the exuberance that comes with looking younger! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic physician.
I am 25 years female age 25 years. I Am 10 weeks pregnant but in pregnancy I am struggling from malaria (p-falciparum) from dt. 20 june 2016. What's should I do.
Constipation is when a person has difficulty passing stool or has very dry stool. With processed and refined food habits on the rise, constipation is also becoming a rampant problem. The food passes through the large intestine, where a large part of the water is reabsorbed and stool is formed. This is expelled from the body, and if there is constipation, this passage of stool can be difficult, painful, and may be accompanied by bleeding too.
Constipation is common in children as well as among the elderly. Children eat a lot more junk compared to adults. As age progresses, elders begin losing teeth and they chew less which leads to indigestion and thereby constipation. Treating constipation should be a conscious effort as it does not have a single remedy. A combination of dietary changes including all aspects like fiber, water, caffeine etc. can help in treating constipation effectively.
- As the first thing in the morning, drinking a glass of lukewarm water is good. Add some baking soda to this, if you are feeling bloated, it aids in cleansing the bowels.
- Ginger tea is another great remedy to induce bowel movements in the morning.
- A glass of warm milk with a little honey or sugar is a good remedy for constipation.
- Warm water or milk with Isabgol husk at bedtime helps bowel movements in the morning.
- Applying a few drops of lukewarm castor oil over the navel when going to sleep can help in easy passage of stools in the morning.
- Guava, pears, oranges, grapes, papaya, apples, and other fruits add roughage to the diet and help in easy passage of stools.
- Soak some raisins in hot water, cool it, crush and strain them. This is very effective for treating constipation in children.
- A glass of carrot juice or papaya juice is very useful in treating constipation.
- Drink about 8 to 10 glasses of water to avoid constipation. The artificial juices and canned drinks do not count in this, as they only make it worse.
- High-fat, processed foods, alcohol, and caffeine are major causes of constipation. So one should avoid them to a large extent.
- Including small amounts of olive oil, castor oil, and ghee help in lubrication and easy passage of the stools.
- Triphala, which is a popular Ayurvedic preparation, can be mixed with warm water and consumed to prevent constipation. Given its bitter taste, you can add a small amount of honey to it. It has antibacterial, antifungal, and anti-parasitic properties. This helps in overall cleansing of the colon and is not just a short-term remedy.
- Yogasanas like pavana muktasana, yoga mudra, dhanur asana, and vajrasana have major benefits on the digestive system, including releasing accumulated gas and passage of stools.
Following these tips and maintaining dietary and lifestyle discipline is very effective in providing long term remedy from constipation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Doctor, my girlfriend and I have decided to have sex without protection and we don't want a baby. I don't want to give her any pill. Is there any other options? What about eating papaya after sex?
I am 27 years old married lady. I have a left tubal blockage as well, and it's incredibly frustrating. I tried doing IUI's but had several cancellations in a row due to the eggs always being on the wrong side. I want to know is the egg always release alternative side each cycle?
Hi, I got married in September and want to plan baby till this year end. I read somewhere that if you are planning baby you should start taking folic acid before 3 months you plan baby. I want to know is that true? If yes then from last 2 months I am normally taking homeopathic tablets'FERRUM phosphoricum Can I continue taking these tablets or you want to suggest anything else? Thanx.
In general, you can follow-up with your doctor once a year for a pelvic exam, a mammogram and to reassess your need for ongoing hormone therapy.
However, you should see your doctor for re-evaluation sooner than your next yearly checkup if you develop or are diagnosed with:
Unexpected vaginal bleeding
Persistent menopausal symptoms
A blood-clotting disorder
Symptoms of heart and blood vessel (cardiovascular) disease
Hormone-dependent breast cancer or another hormone-dependent cancer
Developing any one of these conditions may mean that hormone therapy is no longer recommended for you.
I am 40 years old women. My periods are usually for 3 to 4 daysbut this time prolonged to 7 days. I am feeling very tired. What to do.
Calcium is an essential mineral that is required by the body for various functions. It is used for building and maintaining strong bones and teeth. It is also used in the cardiovascular and nervous systems for preventing all kinds of health conditions such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, lyme disease, etc.
It is, thus, extremely necessary to have calcium-rich foods as a part of your daily diet. Dairy products constitute as the primary source of calcium on an everyday basis. Of these, milk and curd are the two most important. But in case, you're wondering which one of the two is better for you, read on to find out.
There has been much debate about which is the better source of calcium - milk or curd. In very simple terms, milk ranks higher than curd in terms of calcium content. 100g of milk contains around 125mg of calcium, whereas 100g of curd has a lower calcium content of approximately 85mg. So if you really want to up your calcium intake, milk will be a better choice.
Other health benefits:
If one is to take into consideration other health benefits provided by these two food products, curd takes the lead by a landslide.
Following are the known benefits of curd:
- It is far easier to digest.
- It is a suitable dairy product for those who are lactose intolerant.
- It cleanses the digestive tract.
- It prevents infections of the stomach and intestines.
In the end, it's for you to decide what your body needs more. If it requires more calcium, choosing milk would be wise; but if you cannot digest milk, opting for curd will ensure you get a healthy dose of calcium along with scores of other health benefits.
I got very light period for 2-3 days. After that continuously facing yellow discharge. It happened with me (light period) once but got proper period by sysron NCR tablet. Now its happening again. Is it my period (light period) or I should wait for proper period?
Hello sir. My pregnancy test is positive. Is it confirmed before missed my period. My last period is 15th but this is confirmed on 13th. My query is it is early pregnancy? It may cause any miscarriage? Pls help me.
Hello doc im a mother of a month old daughter n I'm planning to gt back in physical relation with my husband but still have pain in my stitches as I had delivery via forceps wat to do. Thanks in advance.
Hi doctor. Am 26 year old girl. My weight only 42. I have white discharge. After 7 mnth my breast below without no cup. Only nipple. I think this problem cause it. please reply. Whit describe is the problem that issue? What I can do? already my different different sizes. But now on time anything to calculate. Help me your opinion. Stop the discharge.
Hi doctor I'm 26 my wife 22 both r do sex first time. I insert penis to her vagina she get hurt and cried after later she have pain and irritated when urinate. Is there any problem Note: we get into relationships in 5th day of her period.
I am 9 month pregnant and my due date is april 19. I have gestational diabetics and my baby weights around 2.6 my doctor said baby weights is high and I need to control my diet. How I can control my sugar level and what diet I need to follow to control it .I am taking mixtard insulin like morning 4 mm, noon 4 mm, night 4 mm. I am bit worried abt my delivery.
Contraceptives are generally drugs and devices, which are used to prevent pregnancy. A large number of contraceptives are available which allow the couple to enjoy sex without running the risk of unwanted pregnancies. The general categories of contraceptives are explained below:
- Male Condom: It is one of the most common forms of contraception. They are worn on the penis before sex is initiated. For safety purpose, a new condom should be used every time the person has sex.
- Female Condom: Much like male condoms, these are available at over-the-counter pharmacies without prescription. The condoms can be inserted to the vagina anytime within a period of 8 hours prior to sex.
- Diaphragm: This should be coated with a spermicide before sex and placed inside a woman's vagina so that the sperms are prevented from entering the uterus.
- Cervical Cap: These are used as replacements for diaphragms because some women may develop bladder infections such as cystitis while using it and these caps have lesser contact with the vagina.
The main implementation of hormonal changes to provide contraception is the pill. This is the most common form of female contraception available. It comes in two forms:
- Combined contraceptive pill: Contains a combination of hormones such as progestin and oestrogen.
- Mini-pill: Contains only progestin: It is available only with the prescription of the doctor and should be used as per the prescription.
Intrauterine Devices: The intrauterine device (IUD) is a long-acting and reversible form of contraception for women. It is of two types: Copper IUD (contains copper) and Hormone-releasing IUDs (progestin hormone is released into the womb slowly). It is a small device that is fitted inside the womb and it provides contraception by facilitating the prevention of fertilization of the egg.
Sterilization: This is a lifelong option that is available for both men and women. In males, the procedure is known as vasectomy which basically ties and cuts off the tubes that carry the sperm.
In women, two forms of sterilization are available; surgical and non-surgical. Surgically, the fallopian tubes are cut and tied using small cuts in the belly so that the ovaries and uterus are not linked. Non-surgically, coils are inserted into the fallopian tubes so the resultant development of scars leads to complete blockage of the tubes.
Other forms of contraceptives include contraceptive patches, vaginal rings, contraceptive injections, spermicides and contraceptive implants. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.