Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shama ChadhaYour feedback matters!
Hello, I have low hemoglobin and rbc cell is also low, I am worried that I am getting weak day by day. Even I don't have my periods last month. Is there any natural way to get rid of it. Although I am taking levipil 500 mg twice a day and venlite OD 100 mg once at dinner. How long I have to take this medicine? please help.
Last 2 days I am feeling like vomiting almost in every time. and feeling heavy abdomen and I have done my intercourse in my 11 th day after my periods. and I was also planning for the baby and also feeling tired n also not feeling to eat. M I got pregnant.
Doc me and my gf had sex wen I ejaculate condom was broken and my sperm was gone her but after that she took I pill within. Hour so will she get pregnant or not please help me.
Jab meri 1st pregnancy thi tab mujhe molar pregnancy hua tha 2015 mei oct time aur raat ko bleeding start ho gyi isiliye docter ne mera dnc kiya uske baad se meri pregnancy nhi ho rhi mai pregnant hona chah rhi to gyn k pass gyi to unhone mujhe folic acid tablet aur evecare khane ko diya mera hcg aur s.progestrone bhi hua sab normal h phir bhi mera period miss nhi hota humesa time per hi aa jata h .ab aisa kya kare ki hum jaldi se pregnant ho jye?
Hello Sir, We feel that we somehow missed protection and my wife is feeling vomiting,period was supposed to be on 11th may but couldn't occur on 13th even. We both are not prepared for the baby for now. Please suggest best way which has no effect for later pregnancies. We are planning a gap of at least 1 year from now. Thanks
Am breastfeeding my 2 month old baby. I have hypoechoic lesion in my right breast of 1.1*0.8 cm well defined hypoechoic lesion is seen on uoq of breast. Minimal vascularity in ultrasound breast. .skin. Subcutaneous and retroparenchymal spaces normal. Do I need to take mammogram. When can I take. Does the radiation affects baby. Bilateral axillary show multiple lymph nodes of 1.0 to 1.5 cm each. Does it cause future cancer. Please help me. Am very much worried..
I was on ova shield ds and progynova ths mnth. I usually experience PMS symptoms 10 to 12 days be4 my periods bt ths mnth I have not had any such symptoms. Cn I be pregnant ths mnth or is it due to d drugs?
Hello, I am Dr Shobha Gupta. I am a director at Mothers Life IVF centre and here at Mothers Life IVF centre, we are treating the infertile couples.
So, first of all, we want to tell you, what is infertility?
Of the couple is unable to conceive after one year of unprotected sex and they are unable to conceive and pregnancy is not happening you must go to a specialist and infertility specialist basically an IVF centre, where all the facilities are available.
What are the causes of infertility in females?
It might be a tubal blockage and the tubes are not working and they are blocked, irregular menstrual cycle. Ovulation is not happening at the proper time and the couple is unaware about the fertile period and certain myths are there. In males, the basic problem is in the sperms either the decreased sperm count or the decreased motility is there. Lifestyle plays a vital role in causing infertility these days and stress is the main problem and also the diet and us after seeing lot many cases of PCOS i.e, Polycystic ovarian Syndrome, where the cycles are very irregular and the females are getting obese. There is hirsutism, that is unwanted facial hair and unwanted hair on the body and irregular menstrual cycle and they are not ovulating at the proper time. So these are lifestyle disorders. So you have to manage your weight. You have to improve your lifestyle. You have to manage your stress and then you have to consult an infertility specialist and go to an IVF centre so that all the tests are being done at the single time and where the problem is diagnosed and you are treated properly.
What are the treatment options available?
Suppose, the lady is not ovulating at the proper time so we do certain medications so that you can ovulate and then we do the follicular monitoring and then we tell you the fertile period. If the sperm count is less and the ovulation is not proper, then we can give you certain injections so that the egg ruptures and we can do IUI i.e, Intra Uterine Insemination . The Intra- cytoplasmic sperm injection is second option if the tubes are blocked and if the infertility is more than 3 to 4 years of duration. You can go to an infertility centre like an IVF centre we can do an IVF i.e, In vitro Fertilization, where we extract your eggs, match with your husband’s sperm and create an embryo and transfer in the uterus of the patient and they can conceive.
These days the success rate of IVF is very good and especially at our centre, it is brilliant because we treat you. Basically, we modify your lifestyle also we modify your stress level and then we treat you and the success rate is very good. In cases of male infertility, the Intra- cytoplasmic sperm injection is a very good technique to be opted for. In this, we inject the sperm directly and then we create embryos into the wife’s womb and they conceive very easily. So Intra- cytoplasmic sperm injection is the basic technique which should be used in like olygospermia where the counts are decreased and motility is decreased.
So, I am also available at Lybrate . If you want more information and any help our center is having all the facilities available.
You can consult me at lybrate , you can take appointment. You can consult me online; you can give a phone call.
All the best and stay healthy.
Hello doctor I had unprotected sex with my partner on march 23rd. Aftr tat I took (postpone 72) pill only one pill within 10 mints. 23,24,25th continually 3 days we had un protected sex per day 2,3 times. Aftr 23rd I did not take any pill. March 13th to 16th already I got my normal period. Now april 1st and 2nd I got bleeding. Its not heavy flow bt its minimal flow continually april (1st, 2nd minimal bleed) (3rd very slight bleed) Nw my doubt is any chance for pregnancy? Wt should I do nw? I need detailed answer. Thanx.
20 days before my iui was done and my first bhcg test level is 28 and two days after my second bhcg level is 10.28. My period is not come but I'm having left leg pain is it symptoms of pregnancy or period?
Problem is related to my wife. A white liquid is getting leaked from her vagina frequently. Can you please suggest us a treatment or medicines to get relief from this issue? We are worried as it may affects her to get pregnant & we are planning to have a child?
In a normal pregnancy, the egg that the ovaries release enters the fallopian tube. If a sperm fertilises it, the fertilised egg attaches itself inside the uterus. However, sometimes the fertilised egg can attach itself outside the uterus. This condition is called ectopic pregnancy.
Ectopic pregnancy can be detected in the first few weeks of the pregnancy itself. If your doctor does discover ectopic pregnancy, you would need immediate medical attention. Ectopic pregnancies can be sad and scary. The survival rate of the baby is extremely low, and you may need some time to get over your loss. Fortunately, one ectopic pregnancy doesn't mean you can never conceive again. Many women who lost their first baby to ectopic pregnancy have been able to have a healthy and normal pregnancy the second time around.
The causes of ectopic pregnancy include:
- An inflammation or infection of the fallopian tube can lead it to become entirely or partially blocked.
- Scar tissue from a surgery or an infection of the fallopian tube may also hinder the movement of the fertilised egg.
- Surgery in the tubes or pelvic areas in the past might cause adhesions.
- Birth defects or abnormal growths can cause anomalies in the shape of the tube.
These causes are usually followed by certain risk factors, such as:
- Age (The age group of 35-44 especially)
- An ectopic pregnancy in the past
- Previous abdominal or pelvic surgery
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Several prompted abortions
- Conceiving with an intrauterine device in place
- Endometriosis (growth of uterus lining tissues outside the uterus).
- Fertility treatments.
The signs and symptoms of ectopic pregnancy include:
- Minimal vaginal bleeding
- Vomiting and nausea with pain
- Pain in the lower abdomen
- Sharp cramps in the abdomen
- Localised pain (Pain concentrated on one side of your body)
- Pain in your neck, rectum or shoulder
- Rupture of the fallopian tubes can cause fainting due to the bleeding and pain
The treatment of ectopic pregnancy can be any one of the following:
- If the pregnancy has not progressed too far, methotrexate will be administered. This absorbs the pregnancy tissue and can save the fallopian tubes.
- The tubes may be removed if they have ruptured or stretched, and have started bleeding.
- Laparoscopic surgery (operations performed by making minor incisions) may be performed to remove or repair the tubes and recover the ectopic pregnancy.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi I have problem of ectopic pregnancy can you suggest what type of treatment is suitable for safe pregnancy.
My wife is 30 years old.In January 2016 she had her left Ovarian cyst laparoscopic surgery. After that she has been asked to take birth control pill for 6 months n advised for regular check up. But recently she had irregular mensuration cycle and consulted with Dr. Gynaecologist. Ultrasound report showed appearance of cyst in left Ovary. Sir was prescribed to take Ovilow pills for 21 days in 3rd day of MC n Azithromycin table for 14 days and she was asked to consult after next MC. Her MC started on 12th May 2016 n she took medicine on 14th May 2016 to 3rd June 2016. Her next MC started on 6th June to 8th June 2016. She consulted with Dr. n done ultrasound. Ultrasound report showed nothing. Cyst disappeared n normal. Now she was prescribed to take Cozim Q forte capsule for 30 days, Carpela for 21 days n Levoser500 mg for 12 days. My question is there any chances of developing cancer? What kind of diet and medicine to be taken to get rid of Ovarian cyst? Is there any chances of developing cyst again? please suggest.
I am 31 years old I get periods 10 Jan, 18 Feb, 17 Mrch and April I did not get period and this month on 12 I got and remain three days and now I can feel some pain on my right side of my belly. So what it may cause to pain?
Fasting not only aids religious beliefs, but also has many spiritual benefits. It is considered the best way to re-energize one's mind, body and soul. It is one of the best ways to detoxify one's digestive system and immune system. One's stomach and pancreas are always in a state of action and hence a few days' rest can actually retune both the systems. Fasting also provides one with the opportunity to reconnect with one's spiritual body. It is a journey of self-discovery. Activities like praying and meditating helps people to connect more with their spiritual self.
How can you detox your body?
Although fasting is one of the best ways to detox one's body, not everyone has the physical strength to perform it. Detoxing can also be performed by having detoxifying foods.
- Fruits help in washing out toxins from the body. Green foods like barley, wheatgrass, spinach, alfalfa helps to give a chlorophyll boost to the digestive system. Broccoli sprouts are very high in antioxidants and its ability to stimulate detoxifying enzymes in the digestive system is unparalleled. They are more effective than any fully grown vegetable.
- Green tea is full of antioxidants and washes away impurities and toxic substances. It also contains catechins, which increase the function of liver. Vegetables like onions, cabbage, carrots, cauliflowers, turmeric and garlic are best eaten juiced or raw which will help in purging away toxins from the liver thus aiding the cleansing process.
- Omega-3 oils like hemp, olive oil, avocado oil help in detoxing. They lubricate the intestinal walls and thus allow the toxins to be absorbed by the oil and wash them away.
- Fasting is often aided by meditation, which helps to establish a deeper connection with oneself through faith. While meditating, make sure that you are neat and clean. Clean the environment in which you are fasting. Try to spend a minimum to 10-15 minutes remembering the name of the Supreme and chant his name or mantra. Light a candle to burn your ego and feed animals, birds around you. One should speak in limited amounts during meditation. After you break your fast, you will experience a sense of gratitude towards the food you eat.