Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
I am a 35 years old single woman. I recently got viral fever and some days I was on steroids. Pimples on my face increased and I apply clinic a gel. It subsides but the new ones keep coming. Is there any remedy for this? And I have pcod, for which I take ginette 35, even after this my periods get delayed. Please suggest a remedy for this too.
We all follow certain myths regarding health. There are a lot of myths regarding Physical therapy and Exercising as well. Here are some myth busters which might help shed some light on the actual facts –
1. Myth: I need a referral to see a physical therapist.
Fact: There is no need to get a Physician’s referral to work with qualified experienced Physiotherapists. They are trained to do the evaluation and treatment planning.
2. Myth: Physical therapy is painful.
Fact: Physical therapists seek to minimize your pain and discomfort—including chronic or long-term pain. They work within your pain threshold to help you heal, and restore movement and function.
3. Myth: Physical therapy is only for injuries and accidents.
Fact: Physical therapists do a lot more than just stretch or strengthen weak muscles after an injury or surgery. They are skilled at evaluating and diagnosing potential problems before they lead to more serious injuries or disabling conditions—from carpal tunnel syndrome and frozen shoulder, to chronic headaches and lower back pain, to name a few.
4. Myth: Any health care professional can perform physical therapy.
Fact: Only qualified Physiotherapist from a recognized college who has done 41/2 years degree course are eligible to do the evaluation and treatment.
5. Myth: Surgery is my only option.
Fact: In many cases, physical therapy has been shown to be as effective as surgery in treating a wide range of conditions—from rotator cuff tears and degenerative disk disease, to meniscial tears and some forms of knee osteoarthritis. Also for stress incontinence. Those who have recently seen a good qualified physical therapist know this to be true.
6. Myth: I can do physical therapy myself.
Fact: Your participation is key to a successful treatment plan, but every patient still needs the expert care and guidance of a qualified physiotherapist. Your therapist will leverage his or her specialized education, clinical expertise, and the latest available evidence to evaluate your needs and make a diagnosis before creating an individualized plan of care.
I have lost my period about 6 months due to the use of birth control pills how can I regain it immediately please give me suggestions.
Lord Buddha said that retaining anger is like ‘holding a live coal intending to throw it at someone else.
How can we deal with anger? Thomas Jefferson suggests, “When angry, count ten before you speak; if very angry, count hundred.” Consciously delaying action is useful in checking angry outbursts.
Humorous but works : When you are angry , pay a handsome amount to a good cause. In this way you would never get angry
When things go wrong, it is natural to feel angry. Yet just because it is natural doesn’t make it desirable. Of course, neither is it desirable to be passive amidst injustices; we need to be assertive and do what we can to set the situation right. But our response should alleviate the problem, not aggravate it.
And anger almost always aggravates the problem. When we become angry, we frequently lose control of ourselves. Or more precisely anger takes control of us using a provocative situation as a front.
And then anger makes us do things that we would never do normally. Things that may break others’ hearts. Things that may become lifelong wounds in our relationships. Things that we may regret for years.
In addition to all these long-term fallouts, anger extracts a heavy cost in the short-term too. After giving us a fleeting feeling of control and power, anger abandons us, embarrassingly and distressingly ensnared in a predicament worse than the original problem.
In fact, anger sometimes does worse than worsening the existing problem. Anger may create an entirely new problem – a problem that is bigger than the original problem. The original problem may might have been an unpleasant situation, but our angry response that starts off as a justified expression of displeasure (“I can’t tolerate such uncleanliness”) soon transmogrifies into a heart-breaking character attack (“You are a lousy fool, a shameless rogue, a wretched curse in my life”).
No wonder the Bhagavad-Gita (16.21) cautions that anger is one of the gates to hell – it propels us into hellish situations even in this world. Therefore the next verse (16.22) urges us to meticulously avoid the insidious influence of anger and thereby become free to act in our enlightened best interests.
The man who has escaped these three gates of hell, O son of Kunti, performs acts conducive to self-realization and thus gradually attains the supreme destination.
My cousin had a ovarian cist of 8 cm. She is in some kind of trauma now. As she wants to have one more baby in the future, which is not possible due to the cist as advised by doctor. Please help her.
1. Heart conditions: to begin with, viagra cannot be ingested by anyone and everyone. If you are a patient of any kind of cardiovascular diseases and have been prescribed drugs that contain nitrate, then viagra is not for you. This drug can hinder the work of the medicine and cause some serious side effects, which may make your chronic ailment even more problematic and severe.
2. Side effects: viagra tends to have a lot of side effects for people and does not work efficiently in such cases. One of the most prominent side effects includes prolonged and persistent headache, which can actually last days. Also, the patients may suffer from temporary colour blindness and may not be able to tell colours like yellow and orange apart.
3. Narrow blood vessels: when a man gets an erection, the blood usually flows at a rapid rate into the penis so that the member increases in terms of size, thickness and length, with subtle changes in the colour as well. This happens through the blood vessels where the blood flows in from. These are known as in and out vessels. If these vessels happen to be too narrow for a patient, then the erection will not be able manifest. This is also one of the primary reasons why viagra does not work for some people.
4. Arteries: one of the other reasons why viagra may not work is the arteries. If the arteries are too narrow and not strong enough, then they will not be able to support the flow of blood for the erection to happen. This can cause problems in achieving and maintaining an erection, in which case viagra cannot work properly.
5. Drug intolerance: the primary work of viagra is to help the blood vessels in relaxing. Yet, it is possible that the patient may develop some amount of intolerance towards the drug that will end up restricting its action.
There are many instances when a drug like viagra may not work. In such cases, you can turn to long term therapy or ask your doctor about any alternative medication for the condition.
Am married before 4 months. Trying to conceive. Am having pcos too. Difficult to conceive. Am overweight too. How to reduce my body weight? in ayurveda?
Lymphomas are tumours that grow in lymph system which is part of immune system.
Lymphoma is the most common type of blood cancer diagnosed in adults and third among common diagnosed in children it can be treated with chemotherapy and lymphoma involving the brain may be treated with radiation therapy.
Dear Doctor, I have unprotected sex before 5 months I have test p24, dna pcr, hiv elisa after 4 month I have take card method all tests are negative still I am fearing what is the windows period. Still I need more test I have completed 5 months.
Hi sir, Which is the most suit age for woman marriage and delivery? Have any problem in 18th or 17th delivery from woman health condition?
My wife is pregnant from 1 and half month. There was blooding also in last men's cycle and now it continues. It's ours first child. Doctor is saying we can't take gurranty for child. Is it true? Can it not be cured. Please reply.
Hey, I had sex with my boyfriend on 4th day of my period and he wasn't sure if he had ejaculated inside me. So for not taking any chance I took ipill contraceptive on thr same day, and mine is a 28days cycle and I still didn't get my periods! Its been 32 days for now, and a week or two before my 28days I had spotting per online forums. And I still didn't get my periods is that an pill side affect or am I pregnant? Plz revert soon I'm worried.
My wife is 27 years old. She is feeling burning pain in her vagina when I put my penis. So she is not allowed me to do sex from 2 years. Remaining time she is ok. She has good health also. Why this problem with her. Suggest any medicines.
Doctor advised me to take deviry tablet for 5days. Can you help me in telling mg of the tablet to get menses. Deviry tablet mg and tablet full name? And how many times should I take the take 1time or 2times a day?
My wife gave birth to a baby six months back and since then she is having irregular menstruation periods. Some times it comes after twenty days and some times in fifteen days and now almost 35 days have gone since her last periods. Although we haven't any sexual intercourse still We have done the test which has shown negative result? Please provide appropriate answer for the problem. Do we need to consult a gyne? My wife is breastfeeding the baby could this be the cause please clarify?
I am 30 Yrs old women n married. Having 3 Children. I have 2 Question 1st is I had 3 cesarian n my stomach is big how can I reduce that 2nd is in my feet my fingers are rupturing n my hand fingers also. I have dry skin I always wanted to put water on my hands n legs which I put due to that may b my feet is getting pain. I can not explain what exactly is that n during night I apply moisturizer. Every Time I cannot use moisturizer as I can not effort it n also It will go directly or indirectly in my kids mouth.
When to have sex to get pregnant. Also please advise after intercourse all sperms will go inside vagina or only few. Kindly advise . Thanks.
Being able to conceive and the prospect of bringing a new life into the world is something that is highly satisfying and full of joy. Mothers-to-be generally start to take extra care of their diet and make sure they eat right when they are pregnant so that the fetus does not have to suffer. Though it is important to eat healthy during pregnancy, a lot of women and/or their loved ones tend to get carried away and end up gaining more weight than they should.
The good news is that this is the time when those few extra kilos aren't the cause of concern. In fact, they're a healthy and necessary part of the process. But what exactly is normal weight gain during pregnancy? How much is too much weight or too little?
If you were underweight to start with, you might need to gain a few more kilos than the average mum-to-be. Women who don't put on enough weight during pregnancy are at higher risk of premature birth, having babies with low birth weight and other complications.
But if you were heavier before your pregnancy, you'll probably need to keep your weight gain in check. Being overweight or adding too many kilos during pregnancy can lead to complications such as high blood pressure, gestational diabetes, birth defects or having a big baby.
Today, where our modern lifestyles expose us to minimal physical activity, the risks of becoming overweight during pregnancy are higher, and some may mistake it for a healthy body. Not only does being overweight have adverse effects on the pregnancy, it may also lead to the birth of an unhealthy baby, which may leave long-term negatives in the body and health of the mother for her to struggle with, for a lifetime.
Some disadvantages of abnormal weight gain in pregnant women:
In order to be able to understand the importance of controlling weight gain in pregnancy, it may be essential to know what could go wrong if the weight is not controlled or kept under check. Here’s what could go wrong:
- The increasing weight may be one of the biggest reasons for developing long-term health problems such as diabetes and cholesterol that find an easy access to the body during the time of pregnancy.
- The chances of a normal delivery in obese women are highly minimal, as observed by experts around the world.
- In the case of disorders such as preeclampsia, it may become necessary to deliver the baby sooner than the regular time period, and it may also put the organs of the mother at great risk.
- Sleepless or tired nights may be common in the case of women who suffer from abnormal weight gain during pregnancy and this is something that may affect the journey and process of pregnancy as a whole.
How much weight to gain and when?
Unlike the equation used to calculate your BMI, the process of putting on kilos is not an exact science. Your rate of weight gain will depend on a variety of factors, such as your metabolism, your activity level and your genetics. These vary by trimester:
- During your first trimester, your baby is still tiny, which means you don’t need to gain more than a total of 1 to 2 kilos. However, if you're suffering from morning sickness, you might not gain much (or might even lose a little). That’s OK, as long as your appetite picks up and you make up for those kilos in the second trimester.
- In your second trimester, your baby starts to grow in earnest. Your weight gain should pick up, if you started out pregnancy at a normal weight, you would gain a total of approx. 6 kilos by the end of this trimester.
- In your third trimester, baby’s weight gain will pick up steam, but yours may start to taper off for a net gain of about 4.5 kilos. Some women find their weight holds steady or even drops a kilo or two during the ninth month, when ever-tighter abdominal quarters can make finding room for food a struggle.
Gradual weight gain is as important as the number of kilos you gain, since your baby needs a steady supply of nutrients and calories to grow during his or her stay in the womb.
Tackling abnormal weight gain and keeping it at bay:
One of the most important things to do in order to keep abnormal weight gain at bay in the event of a pregnancy is to make sure that you are eating healthy. If you overtly indulge in fatty foods and junk items, you may be putting your body at the risk of gaining quick kilos. However, if you eat a balanced diet and make sure that you consult your gynaecologist for dietary advice, you may be able to keep excessive weight at bay. Light exercises such as swimming, walking or yoga can also help but you must make sure to take expert help and suggestions before performing any physical activity that may put yourself or your baby at risk. With the right help you may be able to go through a healthy pregnancy and achieve health and happiness for your baby.
You don't need to eat for two. Gaining too much weight during pregnancy can make it hard to shift after your baby is born.
Bear in mind that keeping active will help you to control your weight. Exercise is good for you during pregnancy. Staying active will also increase your chance of having a straightforward labour and birth. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.