Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shama BatraYour feedback matters!
Hi, my wife has a pregnancy of age 30 days approximatly. We don't want to have kids now. Does abortion will decrease the chances of getting pregnancy in future ?
Stammering or stuttering is a type of speech impairment where sounds or syllables are repeated involuntarily or there are unintended gaps in between words when the person is unable to make the desired sound.
People develop stutters due to genetic flaws, motor functioning defects, coordination problems or due to psychological stressors. The condition can result in anxiety, depression and withdrawal from verbal communication.
How does homeopathy help?
A stutter can be practiced away or corrected by speech therapy but there is no specific medicine that can be used to cure stammering. Homeopathic medicines can provide relief from the symptoms by fixing flawed nervous functions, improve motor coordination and modify the vocal apparatus. Different homeopathic treatments can be used depending on the nature of the condition.
The following is a list of homeopathic remedies and lifestyle changes that can be used to address the problem:
- Foods rich in vitamin B6 like nuts, fish, bananas and chicken should be consumed regularly by children who have a stutter to help with motor functions.
- Adults should avoid caffeine, tobacco and other recreational drugs as they cause hyper-stimulation of the nervous system.
- Stramonium (jimsonweed) can be used when the stammering is violent and the person distorts the facial muscles heavily in order to be able to speak.
- Lychopodium (clubmoss) can be useful for stammering as well as depression, memory weakness and sleep problems. This is especially helpful if the patient struggles with the last few words of a sentence.
- Spigelia is beneficial for a mild stutter at the beginning of a sentence, often followed by undisturbed speech.
- Causticum is prescribed when emotional excitability causes stammering, twitching of the facial muscles or problems in the vocal chords.
- Staphysagria can aid in reducing social anxiety which often causes stammering i.e. the stammer only happens while interacting with strangers or authority figures.
- Nux vomica (strychnine) is the medicine to use when stammering is a result of extreme stress or over work.
- Fright or shock often causes speechlessness or stammering. Aconite can provide immediate relief in such cases.
- Lachesis is an effective homeopathic medicine when the patient stutters over specific letters or syllables.
- Gelsemium is used to treat stuttering after severe viral infections when the patient complains of a heavy tongue and lack of general coordination.
My wife is suffering with severe stomach ache and back pain during periods how can she overcome that.
Hello doctor I am 9 month pregnant probably I am having only 15 days with my baby my due date is 20 oct. And I have an urge of eating multani methi in small quantity I also take calcium sometimes milk but whenever I feel strong urge for this multani methi I used to eat in small quantity like in small bites this habit was regular in last trimester only and also I am not confirm about my baby position .will this mitti affect me and my baby pls suggest how to manage and I notice movements in every direction like side up and down is my baby is in head down position pls tell.
With the modernization of all economies around the world, one health hazard that has become one of the largest perils within both developed and developing nations is the incidence of cancers of the female reproductive system, especially cervical and breast cancer.
Breast cancer is the formation of malignant tumors within the breast tissues of a woman. Usually, breast cancer affects women in the age range of 40 to 50, but there have been many reports of it occurring earlier. About 48 % percent of the Indian women having breast cancer have been reported to be under 50. This is an almost 17 percent jump compared to figures 25 years earlier.
Alarming Signs of Breast Cancer:
- The most common symptom of breast cancer is a new lump or mass. A painless, hard mass that has irregular edges is more likely to be cancerous, but breast cancers can be tender, soft, or rounded.
- Swelling of all or part of a breast (even if no distinct lump is felt)
- Skin irritation or dimpling
- Breast or nipple pain
- Nipple retraction (turning inward)
- Redness, scaliness, or thickening of the nipple or breast skin
- Nipple discharge (other than breast milk)
Screening Guidelines for Breast cancer:
- Mammography: US Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommends mammography once in every 2 year for females between age group 50-75 years. Women with a family history has a benefit of starting at age 40 years. After 75 years there are insufficient evidence of benefit of screening mammography.
- Breast Self Examination and annual Clinical examination: breast self examination is easy to learn and and any abnormality should be reported to the oncologist.
- For High Risk/ Genetic risk factors: screening should start by age 25 or 10 years earlier of youngest relative affected. Annual mammogram and MRI or Doppler ultrasound alternating at 6 month interval can be considered.
Some of the common treatment options for breast cancers are:
- Breast conservation surgery - This is where the tumors are removed without cutting out too much of the surrounding breast tissue.
- Mastectomy - If the cancer has spread too far then large amounts of breast tissue has to be removed along with the tumor to stop its spread any further.
- Sentinel lymph node Biopsy - it's part of both surgical procedures, it decreases morbidities of lymph node dissection first draining lymph nodes only are removed in patients with clinically negative axilla. If negative on frozen section further axillary dissection is avoided. It avoids the morbidity of complete axillary clearance.
Cervical cancer ( Carcinoma Cervix)
Cervical cancer is the cancer of the cervix, which is the opening of the uterus and connects the uterus to the vagina. Indian women in particular are susceptible to cervical cancer as more than 1/3rd of the cervical cancer related deaths in the entire world happens here in India, which is about 74000 deaths annually. The leading cause for cervical cancer is HPV or Human Papillomavirus infection, which if left untreated and unchecked will result in cancer.
Alarming Signs of Cervical Carcinoma:
- Early lesions and precancerous lesions have no symptoms
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding such as bleeding after vaginal intercourse, bleeding after menopause, bleeding and spotting between periods or longer/heavier periods
- Abnormal vaginal discharge
- Pelvic pain
- Late stage disease may cause lower extremity swelling, problem with urine and/or stool passage
- Cervical cancer screening is most effective screening programme of any cancer disease resulting in significant decrease in mortality from carcinoma cervix
- United state preventive services task force (USPSTF) recommend cervical cancer screening starting at age 21 yrs.
- Between age 21-30 years cytology recommended at 3 year interval and HPV testing is not recommended.
- Between 30-65 years cytology every 3 year or cytology +HPV testing every 5 year.
- If previously adequately screened screening can be discontinued after 65 years.
- Women with prior total hysterectomy and no CIN can discontinue screening.
Apart from breast and cervical cancers, certain other cancers have also reported an alarming increase such as:-
Ovarian cancer (Carcinoma Ovary)
Starting in the ovaries, diagnosis of this type of cancer is usually delayed due to lack of visible symptoms in the initial stages. About 85% to 90% of ovarian cancers are epithelial ovarian carcinomas. Epithelial ovarian cancers tend to spread to the lining and organs of the pelvis and abdomen (belly) first. This may lead to the buildup of fluid in the abdominal cavity (called ascites). As it advances, it may spread to the lung and liver, or, rarely, to the brain, bones, or skin. The main treatments for ovarian cancer are surgery and chemotherapy.
Cancer of the endometrium (Carcinoma Endometrium)
Endometrium is the lining of the uterine wall and has along with ovarian, uterine and cervical cancer is also increasing in occurrences throughout India and the world.
The grade of an endometrial cancer is based on how much the cancer forms glands that look similar to those found in normal, healthy endometrium.
- Grade 1 tumors have 95% or more of the cancerous tissue forming glands.
- Grade 2 tumors have between 50% and 94% of the cancerous tissue forming glands.
- Grade 3 tumors have less than half of the cancerous tissue forming glands. Grade 3 cancers tend to be aggressive and have a poorer outlook than lower-grade cancers.
Cervical cancer along with Ovarian, uterine and endometrial cancer can be treated using the following methods:
1. Surgery: Radical Hysterectomy primarily preferred option for early stage disease. Both open and minimal invasive approaches are suitable.
- For precancer high grade lesion conisation is also option for compliant patient.
- In young suitable patient willing for childbearing trachelectomy is also possible in very early lesion.
- Depending on risk factors after surgery adjuvant treatment may be advised.
2. Radiation therapy or Combined Radiation therapy+Chemotherapy: Alternative to surgery in early stage and choice in late stage.
Certain prevention techniques that would be advisable to detect cancer in its early stages would be,
- Regular Pap smear tests for cervical cancer
- Taking vaccines for cervical cancer
- Regular mammograms and checkups for breast cancer
- Changing lifestyles to reduce stress
- Changes in diet to reduce risks
- Leading a healthy lifestyle with regular exercise
Related Tip: Can Ayurveda Really Treat Cancer? Find Out.
I'm 28 years old, mother of a 3 yr old and having knee pain and irregular period like once in 3 months, i'm trying to conceive, pleas help
Hi I am newly married women and after 2 month of marriage I miss the periods but no pregnancy kit show that I am pregnancy .after two month of fake pregnancy or miss period one day period happen .a gynolgist Dr. Said that its common problem and truth is that I suffer this problem few year back but after treatment my period on time. Its a fact I am very emotional and suffer mentally torcher by my in laws relatives .my all medical like ultra sound tesr serum blood test thyroid are normal. Kindly tell me what is reason behind of this problem? Is I never pregnant? When I get ride the problem? What should I do?
Hi. I want to lose post pregnancy weight. My kid is now 4.5 months old. He is on my feed. So can anyone suggest something which doesn't effect my feed and I reduce too.
My wife's got last period 11th February. This month period didn't start. We have a baby of 9 month. At this stage we're not ready for another baby. What should we do? What is medicine name should she take for avoid this pregnancy?
My 16 months old daughter's urine is smelling bad from few weeks. She takes packaged milk/ breastfeeding/ solid food as well. Her water intake is normal, we give rooh afza as well frequently. Her weight is 11 kg.
Is there any pill which can b given to my gf, after having continues intercourse for about 20 days. I don't want her to get pregnant. please help fast.
I am 31 weeks pregnant, i am taki ng tab.Methyldopa,250mg from my 20th week tid ,but still my b.P remains 140/90, no albumin in urine. Plz tel my pregnancy outcome
I'm married n we r planning for a child. We are trying from past 6months but no any positive results. Are any tests to be done to know y I'm not conceiving?
After 2 years of marriage my wife cant conceive a child reports are normal. Why we are getting late?
Hello doctor m 20 years old. I has unprotected sex on 28 th of sept after which I took unwanted 72 pill. Then I got my periods next day on 29 th. N today is 10 th day and m still getting blood spots on my underwear. The bleeding hasn't stopped. Whts the reason. Pls help.
Sir/madam my wife was pregnant and got delivered in july from that time I never had sexual intercourse with her .yesterday night I had sex with for which she got bleeding why is it like that is there any problem or else we can continue. Wwhy it bleeds. Today morning when she was in bathroom a little bit blood came out is there need to worry or its normal. please help me and my wife.
I have always pain in lower abdomen before 10 days of periods. It lasts for nearly two days. Is there any complications. My age is 27 yrs.
Contraceptives are generally drugs and devices, which are used to prevent pregnancy. A large number of contraceptives are available which allow the couple to enjoy sex without running the risk of unwanted pregnancies. The general categories of contraceptives are explained below:
- Male Condom: It is one of the most common forms of contraception. They are worn on the penis before sex is initiated. For safety purpose, a new condom should be used every time the person has sex.
- Female Condom: Much like male condoms, these are available at over-the-counter pharmacies without prescription. The condoms can be inserted to the vagina anytime within a period of 8 hours prior to sex.
- Diaphragm: This should be coated with a spermicide before sex and placed inside a woman's vagina so that the sperms are prevented from entering the uterus.
- Cervical Cap: These are used as replacements for diaphragms because some women may develop bladder infections such as cystitis while using it and these caps have lesser contact with the vagina.
The main implementation of hormonal changes to provide contraception is the pill. This is the most common form of female contraception available. It comes in two forms:
- Combined contraceptive pill: Contains a combination of hormones such as progestin and oestrogen.
- Mini-pill: Contains only progestin: It is available only with the prescription of the doctor and should be used as per the prescription.
Intrauterine Devices: The intrauterine device (IUD) is a long-acting and reversible form of contraception for women. It is of two types: Copper IUD (contains copper) and Hormone-releasing IUDs (progestin hormone is released into the womb slowly). It is a small device that is fitted inside the womb and it provides contraception by facilitating the prevention of fertilization of the egg.
Sterilization: This is a lifelong option that is available for both men and women. In males, the procedure is known as vasectomy which basically ties and cuts off the tubes that carry the sperm.
In women, two forms of sterilization are available; surgical and non-surgical. Surgically, the fallopian tubes are cut and tied using small cuts in the belly so that the ovaries and uterus are not linked. Non-surgically, coils are inserted into the fallopian tubes so the resultant development of scars leads to complete blockage of the tubes.
Other forms of contraceptives include contraceptive patches, vaginal rings, contraceptive injections, spermicides and contraceptive implants. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
1. Fair and healthy skin
2. Perfect figure
3. Long and shiny hair
4. Healthy teeth and gums
5. Strong and beautiful nails
6. Lustrous and dark-circle free eyes.
Anything thing else you would like to add to list?
What all of would want is for this to happen without devoting hours to it!
So here's a simple elixir for your good health for winters-
1/4 cup curry leaves
1/4 cup coriander leaves
1/2 cup spinach
Honey to taste
Blend all these together with some water (as required). Let it be the first thing in the day to enter your mouth. Do not forget to drink 2-3 glasses of warm water after drinking this. As it will help in flushing out the toxins!
Try it for a month and feel its goodness