Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shama BatraYour feedback matters!
Hi after my first baby again after 12 months i became pregnant and now iam 7 month's pregnant . I want to know whether is it good to have family planning. Please tell me what should I do?
There is a little blooding after two months of pregnancy. Is any tension here. Pls suggest me doctor.
Hello. I am 19 years old female suffering from pcos. My doctor gave me diving 10 for 7 days and asked me to wait for 15 days so that my periods will come but they didn't. My pcos was recently discovered and I have no other symptom than missed period for 2 months. Wht could be the possible reason they didbt come even after taking med? Also now he has started me on krimson 35 but I feel very nauseous after taking it and feel like vomiting. Does krimson 35 have any long term side effects? Do women with pcos have no have of pregnancy?
Hello doctors, I am trying to conceive. Goin thru the treatment of clomid and injectable as I am having PCOS and Thyroid. Having 2 failed cycles and now I am on 3rd cycle and ovulated naturally too. I am 10 dpo. I want to reduce my weight but nothing help me alot. I am 83kg and 5'3 tall. I am having two questions- 1) can I take 3-4 cups of green and ginger tea (mixed together) after ovulation has occurred? 2) can I use herbalife products like shakes for reducing weight? These products do help in loosing weight but I want to know if taking herbalife can cause some problems with conceiving?
Polycystic ovarian syndrome or PCOS is a condition in which a woman experiences fluctuation of hormone levels, estrogen, and progesterone which causes cysts in her ovaries, dysfunctional menstrual cycle, cardiac problem, fertility and changes in appearance. Hormones are chemical messengers that can trigger a number of issues in the body. Long term problems due to PCOS can be avoided with an early diagnosis and a proper treatment.
- Genetics and hormonal imbalance have been identified as the main causes of PCOS although the exact reason has not been discovered.
- Overproduction of androgen, a male hormone in a woman can cause small lumps in the ovaries, irregular development of eggs and abnormal insulin level.
The severity of the symptoms depends on the constitution of the person but the most common one is irregular periods. PCOS occurs when there is a decrease in sex hormones which can lead to the development of certain male features like:
- Deeper voice
- Growth of hair on face, toes, stomach, chest and back
- Reduction in breast size
- Loss and thinning of hair
There are other symptoms as well which can help one to determine the syndrome including:
- Oily skin leading to acne
- Irregular egg formation causing fertility problems and miscarriages
- Depression, anxiety and mood swings
- Hyperinsulinemia, that refers to the presence of too much insulin in the body which can cause obesity
- Difficulty in breathing while sleeping
The severity of the symptoms varies but if you are experiencing any of these problems, it is advisable to seek a professional consultation. A healthy lifestyle, regular exercise, nutritious diets are some of the preventive measures you can take. There are hormone regulating medicines and treatments that attempt to curb the condition but there is no permanent cure. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I want to cure piles, because I am having some disorder while going urine, I feel very itchy and sometime blood came out with urine.
Dear Doctor, I am aged 63 years and my wife age is 54 years. We have oral sex on a daily basis which gives us much pleasure, happiness and clear mind. While doing oral sex with my wife, I never wear any type of condom because without condom wearing oral sex gives us more pleasure than condom wearing oral sex. While doing condom less oral sex with my wife, she swallows all my fluid. Does it give hurt to her beautiful body or will any disease enter into her body? Likewise any disease enter into my body while swallowing her fluid during vagina oral sex? Please clear my doubt.
I and my gf want to do oral sex. What precautions should we take to avoid pregnancy. Pls say in detail.
Back pain is a common source of pain, which can be acute, subacute or chronic in nature. Back pain is classified along the segments of the spine and can be divided into neck pain, middle back pain, lower-back pain or tailbone pain.
Lower back pain is a type of back pain, which affects the lower back portion of the body. It may occur from arthritis or due to sudden jerking during movement. Lower-back pain may cause serious discomfort and aching and may disable a person from moving about. It should be treated and cared for properly.
Here are several treatments and care procedures for lower-back pain:
- Take some rest: Most people who get lower-back pain get obsessed with it and end up getting MRI scans, x-rays done and take injections without recognizing the intensity of the pain. It is advised not to rush into the matter. A simple way to cure the pain is by resting. 90% of lower back pains resolve by themselves in 6 weeks and so you must give your back a break instead of taking medical action and give your back some to heal.
- Pills: Sometimes, a lower back pain can suddenly become severe. In this case, you should intake anti-inflammatory pills such as ibuprofen or naproxen. These pills will help you ease the pain. However, you should not take them for more than ten days at a stretch as continuous pill consumption can cause side effects.
- Hot & cold compress: Apply a bag of frozen peas or an ice pack to the affected area in your lower back for 48 hours after the pain appears. Every session should be about of 20 minutes and you should take several sessions each day. After two days, repeat the same procedure using a heat pad. The cooling procedure shuts down your blood capillaries, reducing the flow of blood to the affected area. The swelling is then eased. The heating, on the other hand, loosens tight muscles and helps to increase blood circulation.
- Replace your mattress: People who sleep on firm mattresses and cushions on their beds are at a higher risk of experiencing lower-back pain. If you sleep on a medium-firm mattress, your chances of getting lower-back pain are less. In case your mattress is sagging or is very old, you should replace it.
- Acupuncture: When your lower-back pain is very severe, you can take acupuncture injections, which provide efficient pain relief. The injections change the way your nerves react and inflammation gets reduced.
Lower-back pain is likely to cause great discomfort and trouble. You will be unable to carry out your daily chores because of the pain. Therefore, proper treatment and care are required for lower-back pain.
I feel my virgina is loose as I do not feel any pain during sex and I finish up really soon, kindly suggest me the medicine or cream to get my virgina resize as I was virgin Prescribe the best treatment.
Hi I am a 20 year old women (just turned 20 last month. I had an i-pill within 24 hours of having sex with my bf just after 4 days of my periods last month (17th april. He inserted in me. After 5 days of the i-pill I faced some white discharge for a while. And now from the past 3 days I have been having symptoms like tender breast, cramps and withdrawl bleeding and yesterday I started getting back ache. My next periods are due on 5th. I am really worried that I might be pregnant. Please help me. And I know that a test would be of no use till 5th. Gosh I am very worried about myself. What do I do?
Please help me Dr. Help krde bahot tension mei hu darr lg rha kahi mai pregnant to nahi. Koi Dr. Mujhe detail mei jwaab nhi de rha aap log Dr. Ho please help krdo. Mai unmarried hu isliye itna stress hai I know meri galti hai but please help me. I have an unprotected sex 2 times with my bf on 17 march and on 24 april. Uske bad 9 may ko mera periods aata hai but mere usual periods se bahot jyada hi difference tha it was just brown blood spotting and only for 3-4 days , mere periods hmesa se 25-26 din pr aate rhe hai kbhi aisa nahi hua or 6-7 din tk rhta hai. 9 may bad 2 june fir se 25 din bad hi mere periods aate hai but phir vaise hi brown bleeding bahot hi km bahot jyada km just a spotting. Or pichle 1 month se I feel early pregnancy symtoms like: headche , constipation , stomach pain, back pain, breast tenderness soreness, nipples tingles and most important white lotion type vaginal discharge. Maine may mei 3 bar urine test kra 1-1 week k gap pr sare negative aaye fir maine 9 june ko b-hcg test krwaya usme hcg (1.20) aaya. Fir maine ek gynaecologist ko bhi dikhaya unhone ultrasound kra btaya ki cysts hai. Medicine di or 10 injection di (placentrax injection) unhone kaha tha ab mera properly period aa jana chahiye ye sari medicine injection k bad. But ab to mera period hi nahi aaya spotting tk nhi hai koi 29 days ho gye hai already kbhi aisa nhi hua hai mere periods hmesa sahi se aate rhe hai.in sab k wajah se mai koi kam nhi kr pa rhi unmarried hu bahot tension mei hu meri training chal rhi jin Dr. Ko dikhaya tha unhe ab 26july k phle dikha tk nhi skti coz mai apni ca training k liye bahar hu kya kru plzz suggest me. Koi medicine hai kya jisse periods properly aa jaye jldi se jldi. Qki inn sari tension mei meri studies mera career sab spoil ho rha. please help me .
I had sex with my bf but does not feel painful n I have not bleed is this means I am virgin please reply clearly I lost my virginity or not.
I can't sleep properly from last 3 days. I feel weakness in my head and body. I am just restless. I am 5th month pregnant.
Sir I want to know that I had an unprotected sex wth my bf yesterday n taken unwanted 72 pills before 12 hrs and my last periods finished date was 4 so is there any chance of pregnancy pls Dr. Help me
I am 22 years old girl and i'm having vaginal itching again and again since 3 months what should I do? I have taken a lot of medicine but no solution comes out please suggest me some medicine or natural home remedies.
Dear Sir/Mam, My wife is pregnant and running 9 months from last 5 days though doctor advise to take some more time for delivery because of weight issue of baby but now baby's weight is 2.5 kg, Kindly advise.
My wife age is 20 years and she has pimple around the breast and etching with flows push and pain in it, she ate some medicine then quietly fine but after 1 month she has again suffer from it, but now she is fine, I want to ask that is it any symbol of major disease, please suggest me,
My wife have taken unwanted 72, 7 days before. Now she had periods for 4 days and suffering from uti and also vomiting. Is she pregnant?
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome or Disease (PCOS) is a very common condition, wherein there are multiple cysts in the ovaries. As a result, there are many changes which the body undergoes and it is not limited to the gynecologic system. A woman with PCOS may also find it difficult to conceive, and so, once she is pregnant, precautions are essential to ensure there are no complications.
- Preeclampsia: When the blood pressure readings are high during pregnancy, it is known as preeclampsia. It brings with it a whole lot of complications including the need to cesarean section, premature birth, etc. So, it is best avoided, and diet can help to some extent.
- Diabetes: Gestational diabetes which manifests as higher sugar levels only during the pregnancy is very common in women with PCOS. The increased hormone levels in PCOS increase insulin resistance, thereby increasing sugar levels. This needs to be managed through a combination of diet, exercise, and lifestyle changes.
- Preterm labor: Women with PCOS are at a slightly higher risk of premature labor.
- Weight-related issues: PCOS leads to weight gain, and this could be a problem during pregnancy. It is essential to discuss with the doctor as to what would be a good weight range and stay within that range throughout pregnancy. Weight gain brings with it a host of complications and so best avoided.
With PCOS, during pregnancy, strict cautious diet planning can help in avoiding complications and allow for an easier pregnancy. Though they may not solve every problem associated with PCOS, dietary modifications can have a significant effect on the overall health and well-being. Listed below are some easy-to-make changes:
- Increase consumption of fibres like greens, nuts, pumpkin, berries, whole grains, almonds, etc. are included. This ensures that digestion is a prolonged and gradual spike in blood sugar levels.
- Increase protein-rich foods like soya, tofu, eggs, and chicken, which help in avoiding binging. They are light on the stomach and help in weight management.
- Foods which are generally anti-inflammatory including tomatoes, olive oil, spinach, fresh fruits, and omega-3 fatty acids help in controlling blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- Supplements to include omega-3 fatty acids, prenatal vitamins, vitamin D, and calcium if required ensure that the baby gets the required nutrients for optimal growth.
What to avoid:
Anything that can spike up calories and is of low nutritional value should be avoided.
- Avoid whites – pasta, rice, and bread
- Baked and processed foods
- Candies, chocolates, snacks
- Salty and spicy fried snacks
- Aerated drinks and soda
PCOS in pregnancy presents a combination risk, and dietary changes and weight management are essential for a safe pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.