Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shalu WadhawanYour feedback matters!
Scientists have concluded that sugar stimulates the exact same centers of the brain, which derive pleasure out of heroin or cocaine. For those who are addicted to sugar, getting off it leads to intense cravings and withdrawal symptoms. If you have an uncontrollable urge to devour something sweet, you probably have sugar addiction too. Sugar is known to release dopamine and opioids, which not only makes it addictive, but makes it extremely difficult for you to overcome the withdrawal symptoms.
Mentioned below are 5 signs to figure out if you are addicted to sugar:
- Despite being full or not hungry, you consume certain foods due to cravings
- You worry about consuming certain foods and cutting down on them
- You overeat and then feel fatigued or sluggish
- Despite negative consequences that affect your health and cause social problems, you continue eating or overeating certain foods
- You try to eliminate any negative emotion by consuming the foods you crave and experience pleasure.
If you suffer from the aforementioned problems, you should seriously consider sugar detox or food rehab. Sugar and foods containing high levels of sugar causes behavioral changes, nutrient deficiency or imbalance, impairs your body and immunity system leading to an increased risk of illnesses and diseases. Sugar is also known to feed cancer cells and obesity. Fungi, which are living organisms, thrive on sugar and feed on it to reproduce and function properly leading to most infections. However, it is never too late to break your sugar habit.
Mentioned below are 5 ways to fight your sugar addiction:
- Substitute sweets with whole foods
- Ditch artificial sweeteners
- Clean your house
- Create a backup plan
- Manage your magnesium levels
Although, sugar withdrawal symptoms vary from individual to individual, they usually last for about 3 to 4 weeks. Withdrawing from sugar can be extremely difficult and causes the following symptoms in you, which will sorely tempt you into giving in to your cravings:
Mai 28 years ki hoon meri 6 years ki ek beti hai .last year meri ectopic pregnancy ho gyi thi bt time se pta chl gya to laproscopy krva li thi doctor ne operation ke bad kha tha ki tmhari tubes shi hai dono tmhe pregnancy mai koi problem nhi ayegi. Bt abhi mai ek dusre doctor ke pass gyi thi dobara pregnancy consult ke liye to unhe kha ki jis tube ka operation hua hai vo thik nhi hotI phle jaise nhi rhtI. Mujhe ab tension hai ki meri pregnancy age ho payegi ya nhi. please give any suggestions.
I am 4 months pregnant means 18 weeks. In last ultrasound in 3rd month of pregnancy doctor found low plactna.So what precautions should I do so that baby will not hurt as doctors said not to travel and dont go upstairs. Can I have intercourse once a week?
Dear Doctor, my wife is suffering from lower abdomen pain and has vaginal bleeding, her menstrual were just 20 days back Please suggest treatment
Losing your virginity can be a big experience and can be exciting as well as nerve-wrecking at the same time. Its significance is different for everyone and there are no wrong or right ways to lose your virginity. Making your first time a memorable experience is easy if you know and remember these 4 things:
1. Relax - You might be conscious about your body or nervous about pain or pleasing your partner, but you need not be. It is natural to feel insecure and nervous, but communicating your reservations with your partner will clear the air between both of you, helping you level your expectations and relax. Your first time is about exploring each other's body and pleasuring each other as well as an understanding partner will help you relax and forget your insecurities.
2. It might hurt a bit - If you are a woman, intercourse for the first time might hurt a bit if your vagina is not well lubricated before you have sex. Also, you might feel some pain and/or bleed if your hymen tears, but it will not be excruciating pain. Worrying about the pain is a lot scarier than the actual pain. Some women may not experience any pain at all. However, you should make sure you are well lubricated. Foreplay is a great way to get ready for intercourse and if it is still painful you could use additional lubricants to minimize discomfort and pain.
3. Go slow - If you are a man, help your partner be comfortable by going slow in accordance to their wish. Going too fast may hurt your partner if they are not comfortable and make your first time a traumatic experience. Try to gauge your partner's reactions and proceed in a way pleasurable to both of you. Penetrating too soon might cause you to ejaculate too quickly before your partner has climaxed. Indulge in foreplay so that both of you are ready. If your partner ejaculates too fast or is unable to hold his erection, do not feel rejected or angry, support him and help him get aroused again, as it is just an effect of nervousness and excitement.
4. Use protection - There is no truth in the saying that you cannot get an STD on your first time. It is completely possible and the only way to prevent that is to use condoms or not have penetrative sex. Women can get pregnant during unprotected sex and unless you plan to become pregnant, panicking about being pregnant for days after your first time will ruin your first time and peace of mind. Use birth control and/or condoms to prevent unwanted pregnancy after your first time, and both your partner and you will be able to enjoy losing your virginity without any worries.
Related Tip: 4 Easy Ways to Increase Your Libido
My wife is 20-25 days pregnant. Till which month of pregnancy, it is "extremely safe" to have intercourse or please let me know if it is NOT at all advisable to have sex during pregnancy period. Also, is it beneficial or restricted to consume home made chicken, fish and eggs for pregnant women.
Please name some contraceptive pills to remove unwanted pregnancy. Is there any difficulty after taking it! Is it safe or not? Plzzz ans all my queries.
I am having pain during my intercourse hour but after removing penis from the vagina, the pain suddenly go off!
How should a pregnant lady should take care from day one. Wat food a pregnant should take for beautiful & healthy baby Will a pregnant lady can eat peanuts like badam, cashew etc.
I am suffering from disease called herpes, it's very itching and painful, I have taken some medicine for three day's, but it spread nearby, please suggest me the solution of this disease, I applying a cream on it (acivir), but it's not affective, help me to get rid of this. Itching and pain. Thanks.
Its not on external measurements.
It depends on your urine out put colour it should be pale yellow normal
If turns dark--- drank less
If turns watery--- drank more
Its for healthy person.
If any has medical conditions.It has to communicated with Dr.
1) Water before food makes u lean
2) During food by sips makes u healthy
3) After food makes u fatty
4) After completion of Digestion boosts energy.
5) If u feel indigestion have it warm it'll enhance digestion
6) If had before bed may give u common cold.
7) 3-5 sips in early morning advisable for health.
Over all who wants to be fit n fine needs to built his physiology at lower water need(like military training).
During Oct-heat n May-heat u can use abundantly by adding Gulab/khas/jai/jui/Ushir/mustak/nagarmotha.
How many days it take to have a normal painless swelling free hand vein after hernia surgery IV needle.
I'm four months pregnant. Can I sit folding my legs? I feel comfortable in that way .N I'm feeling comfortable turning left side n sleeping. Is that ok? Can I drink filtered coffee?
Lower back pain is characterized by a constant feeling of pain in the lower back region. There are various Ayurvedic remedies that are used in treating lower back pain. Ayurveda is based on the belief that the body is composed of five elements; air, water, ether, fire and earth. The Ayurvedic remedies help in balancing the various constituents, thus reducing the pain.
The various Ayurvedic remedies for lower back pain are:
- Limit intake of spices: Various spices, especially the pungent ones, such as chilies tend to have a drying effect on the body. Excessive dryness in the body leads to an imbalance of the 'doshas', thus resulting in pain.
- Stay warm: It is recommended to stay warm in cold weather as the joints in the lower back region may be inflamed due to the cold.
- Focus on a proper Diet: Make sure the foods you consume are warm as cold foods can create imbalances in the body. Eating warm foods allows for proper excretion of bodily wastes. Also include natural foods such as vegetables and fruits in your diet.
- Avoid junk food: It is advised to avoid junk food at all costs; eating processed foods leads to toxin accumulation in the body that result in various complications. Thus, try and eat whole foods such as rice, nuts and legumes.
- Oil massage: Oiling your body with sesame oil helps in preventing dryness of the body and also enhances blood circulation. It also improves the health of the skin; making it young, supple and fresh.
- Exercise regularly: Exercise on a regular basis to keep your muscles and joints healthy. Postures such as the plank and the bridge help in strengthening various muscles of the lower back. The 'Cat cow' is another position that helps in relaxing the nerves of the back.
- Pranayama: Alternate nostril breathing techniques help in reducing aches in the body. It also revitalizes and increases energy levels in the body. Try and get into the habit of breathing from deep within the stomach in order to avail of the benefits of pranayama.
Mera naam laxmi hai that mera ek questio hai apse ki meri shadi ko 5 mahene ho gye hai or abhi tak main pregnant nhi ho payi hu or mere pati ka virya bhi bhut jaldi deschrage ho jata hai. Aap bta sakte ho ki aisa kyu hai.
My female friend have irregular period times and she suffers from irritation at private parts time to time, where also some times a pimple occurs. And moreover she often had secretion of fluid from vagina more than usual. Due to these problems she had body ache & got tired very often and not able to do much physical activities please give suggestion to identify and cure these problems.
Anorgasmia, also known as Coughlan's syndrome, is a form of dysfunction, which deters your performance in bed. It is defined as the inability of a patient to achieve an orgasm even with adequate stimulation. Anorgasmia may also refer to long delays in achieving an orgasm, causing significant concern or stress to the patient. This condition is more commonly seen in women, especially those in the postmenopausal age group.This is especially common in women.
Cause of Anorgasmia:
- Trauma to the genital or pelvic organs; this trauma can be acquired from straddle injuries, for example falling off a balance beam or a bicycle
- Complications of surgery in the pelvic area
- Gynecologic operations, difficult childbirth and prosthetic procedures
- Diseases, such as multiple sclerosis, spinal cord injuries and diabetes mellitus
- Psychological conditions such as anxiety, depression or alcoholism
- Certain kinds of drugs such as antidepressant medications
- Addiction to heroin and other opiates
Occasionally, anorgasmia results from a combination of these causes
Symptoms of Anorgasmia: The primary symptom of anorgasmia is the failure to climax during sexual intercourse. Some patients may also experience a decreased intensity of orgasms, take a longer time than usual to achieve orgasms, and experience pain in lower abdomen or pelvic region during sexual intercourse. These symptoms can produce marked distress for the individual.
Types of Treatments Available: Anorgasmia is best managed by a sexual therapist. These experts are specialists in managing sexual dysfunction, and would initially confirm the diagnosis with several blood tests. A thorough neurological examination will be performed and hormone levels, blood sugar and genital blood flow will be evaluated.
Anorgasmia can be treated with:
- Changes in lifestyle and sexual practices
- Minimizing stress and anxiety
- Trying different techniques of sexual stimulation
- Kegel exercises
- Use of several devices, such as vacuum pumps and vibrators
- Cognitive therapy, a form of behavioral therapy that promotes changes in a person's ideas and attitude towards sexual activity)
- Counseling for couples (to allow them to address any issues in the relationship, at home and in the bedroom). If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.