Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Shally GuptaYour feedback matters!
My wife is 29 years. Before one year I got married. Regularly I try to get her pregnant but she doesn't get pregnant. Please give me advice.
If a girl takes ipill is it necessary that she will bleed I mean even if sperm is not present in her or only those girls bleed which have sperm in them? Please advise.
I am suffering from hypothyroidism for last 3 years. Got married November 2015. I am bothering about pregnancy. It's 8 months already passed and I am not getting pregnant. Please suggest some medicine or treatment. Is everything normal with me or I need to bother?
The most challenging part of pregnancy is to ensure safety and health, of both the baby and yourself. Here is how you can overcome this challenging phase of life.
Call on your doctor regularly: Consult a doctor when you get to know of your pregnancy. Book an appointment for checkups and prenatal care. Get yourself treated for any sort of infection such as abnormal vaginal discharge or fever.
Have a balanced diet: Incorporate elements from every food group in your daily meal, for instance, meat, milk, fruits, vegetables and grains; to meet the nutritional requirements during pregnancy. Also try to get adequate folic acids in the form of vitamin supplements and foods such as broccoli, spinach, orange juice and cereals.
Be physically active: Engage in a few safe and simple exercises, such as walking or very light swimming. Do not work out in case you are unwell or exposed to hot and uncomfortable weather conditions.
Get sufficient rest: Have a good night’s rest. Though sleeping for about 7-8 hours is considered optimal, there’s no harm in overdoing it a bit when you are pregnant. You can take naps in between as well. Ask your partner to share your household chores whenever possible.
Be careful with medicines: Consult your doctor regarding the usage of non-prescribed medicines (as few of them may cause birth defects). You should also be extra cautious with your daily medicines if you happen to suffer from chronic illnesses such as thyroid or diabetes.
Refrain from substance abuse: Quit smoking as it dangerously aggravates the chances of fetal death and risks of low weight of the baby at birth. Abstain from alcohol or try to cut down on alcohol intake as much as possible. Being in proximity to other chemicals such as glues, hair dyes, varnishes or paints is also not considered safe during pregnancy.
Tread carefully: Your bulged out belly and unstable joints make you utterly misbalanced on your toes, increasing chances of you tripping over and falling. Be extremely cautious with your steps to avoid any sort of mishaps during a delicate phase as this.
I'm getting my period every 25 or 26th day only, will it be a problem to get pregnancy? I'm 24 year's old.
I have missed my periods 6 days back and I undergone pregnancy test on 5 day it was positive and today I am having slightly brownish discharge what is the problem and what can I do now I am worried.
Ayurveda is a renowned life science that has been credited with changing lives since ancient times. Not only can it prevent diseases and ailments, but it can also cure them with its combination of herbal medication, everyday routine and yogic poses. Weight management is a field that also enjoys various Ayurvedic remedies. Some of them are as follows.
- Herbs: Herbs are a way of healing used by Ayurveda, and the use of various herbs can help in hastening the metabolism for healthy weight management.
- Taste: Ayurveda recognizes six distinct tastes that should be incorporated into one's daily diet. These tastes include salty, pungent, sour, sweet, bitter and finally, astringent. Each of these tastes has several properties that balance the various hormones and health factors in one's body. These tastes form the various counterpoints to alleviate all kinds of health problems, which finally help in effective weight management. Also, one must eat all the seasonal fruits and vegetables to keep the body and hormones in good balance.
- Exercise: While a daily routine of exercise is a must in any life science, Ayurveda too propagates the devotion of at least 45 minutes to one hour towards some form of exercise. Walking is said to be the most important and effective forms of exercise, followed by several yoga poses that can help in better weight management. Also, as per Ayurveda, it is important to move after each and every meal, so that a routine of eating and activity is built into the system.
- Sleep: Ayurveda recognizes sleep or rest as one of the most important aspects of a healthy lifestyle. While good eating habits and exercise form one side of it, sleep or rest completes the triangle. One can also practice the Savasana or resting pose for a period of rest. And at least six to seven hours of sleep is a must as per Ayurveda.
- Meditation: This practice helps in focusing on awareness which can instil the desired function like weight management in the body. Being mindful of what your body needs can also help in eating and exercising right.
Weight management is a lifelong process in Ayurveda.
We had sex around 7-8 days back. Now she is bleeding and having lower abdomen pain. Already her normal period was over before 7-8 days of the day we had sex. Now does this symptom shows the signs of pregnancy? Or its normal menstrual bleeding? She is affected with polycystic ovary.please help
Dr. I have a period problem .i had intercourse with my husband on 29 and 31 oct without security n I am worried whether I am pregnant. I am a newly married girl n not at all prepared for baby. I have taken unwanted 72 on 4th novembers noon. And my last month periods date was 8th n today is 11 .i m really worried that why I am not getting in periods. So far I had done 3 test from preganews and all were negative. Please help me out. I really need your advice. Can I trust preganews. Is it the trustful brand. U you recommend to use for pregnancy test? I having pain also. I feel. Like getting in periods but its not happening. Even I have started jogging n cycling n ate papaya 2 tyms.
Does a normal period means pregnancy ? Should we go for a pregnancy test even if we had periods go delay by just 2 days? And then the normal menstrual cycle came for for 5 days which was very normal as earlier one.
I am 30 female my problem is that every month of 15th my period start but no 4 day over so now what I please do?
I missed my periods. It has been about 2 weeks. I'm not pregnant. This month has been a stressful month for me. I have irregular periods P.S. I have IBS. Could it interfere with menstrual cycle?
Hi. I do not want to get my pregnancy news out. I want to keep it to myself. I want to abort the child. Can I use vitamin c capsules for it as I read it on internet. Please suggest me some ways. Is this capsules available without doctors prescription? Please help me.
The Smartphone addiction has got all hooked. With millions of apps catering to your different needs, smileys, emoticons and memes instead of relying on words to express what you feel and getting to know the whole world at one tap, you feel severely addicted to your Smartphone. But, is that a healthy sign? On introspection, you will probably find that you spend more time over the virtual domain through the social networking sites rather than having a heart-to-heart with your family and friends.
Of late, smartphones are being held responsible for causing depression as a result of increased isolation. Let’s find out whether the theory is well propounded or not.
- One of the major signs of depression is lack of adequate sleep. Sticking to your smartphone till the wee hours of the morning affects your level of concentration, resulting in anxiety and a bad temper.
- When you spend a lot of time on the gadgets, you slowly compromise on your thinking capacity. You take everything internet serves you as granted without clarifying. With every piece of information available on the internet, there is nothing left for you to imagine or create.
- Addiction to social networking sites is taking away all your creative potentials; and on one fine day, when you discover this, you might feel increasingly disillusioned, resulting in depression.
- One of the worst causes of depression is cyber bullying. The virtual world might welcome you with all kinds of threats and humiliation and this happens majorly on the social networking sites. As a result, you feel your self-confidence is at stake, resulting in severely low self-esteem and subsequent depression.
- Abandoning your smartphone completely is utopian, because they serve needful purposes as well. But, what you can do is limit the time you spend on the device and replace it with something creative. Otherwise, it might not be too late before you start silently sliding into depression.