Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Shallu Kapil DeoliaYour feedback matters!
Lower jaw getting locked while opening mouth but it does not pain and some kind of locking sound appears.
I have a cavity in my teeth. The doctor said rct is the only way to save you teeth mam there is some other way to save my teeth. There is sensitivity and pain also pain increases in night at the time of sleeping. Rct cost 3000 rs so it is huge amount. Any other way.
Is Eating chewing gums (center fresh) harmful. I only eat it 2_3 times a week. Does it effect me in any way.
Hai doctor my teeth is in yellowish colour I had brushed daily two times but that yellowish colour not change please tell a remedy for this problem.
Hello sir I have some problem in my teeth I have pain from last 14 days I am checked by doctor he said that I want to admit in hospital sir can you please give me some suggestion what should I do?
In my last teeth there is swelling from last night and there is black spots on two end teeth on each side whats are they cavities or any thing please suggest me?
I have removed my wisdom teeth in january, but still I feel some leakage of fluids in my wisdom teeth place. I have applied many gels. I am a diabetic too. (During removal of teeth doctor has used hammer for removal. Please help.
I want to ask one question about my teeth. My gums are very weak and sometimes bleeding. So please tell me what to do?
A quite serious bacterial infection, diphtheria is caused by the Corynebacterium diphtheria. It usually tends to affect the throat and the mouth of an affected person, although there are other varieties which can infect your skin as well. However, the most common cases of diphtheria affect the throat and the mouth.
Symptoms of diphtheria in general
It may take up to five days for symptoms to show up when you are infected with the disease. Some of the symptoms would be:
- You neck would swell up due to swelling in the lymph nodes, especially in the neck
- Your throat and tonsils will develop a thick grayish membrane
- Your throat may become sore and hoarse
- You may face difficulty in breathing, depending on the size of the membrane and the resultant inflammation
- You may have difficulty swallowing as well
These are the primary symptoms which will affect your throat in general. Some of the other symptoms that may show up are:
- Nasal discharge
- Malaise or a general feeling of discomfort
The parts of your body, which are affected the most tend to be your throat, tongue and the neck. The pain tends to persist for quite some time as you recover.
Causes of diphtheria
Diphtheria is usually spread by the following methods
- Airborne droplets: This is possibly the most common method of contracting the disease. This usually happens when a person is infected with diphtheria coughs or sneezes around you. The airborne droplets then travel from one person to another, transmitting the infection. This is particularly the case in crowded area such as public transport and public spaces.
- Touching personal items which may be infected: Touching used towels, paper tissues or drinking from an unwashed glass may cause an infection as well. These tend to happen mostly in an indoor setting such as offices and houses. Even toys, door and equipment handles can cause transmission of this virus.
If you are showing any of these symptoms, it is prudent to consult a doctor immediately as diphtheria, if left untreated, may also result in serious complications.