Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in New Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shalini SudYour feedback matters!
It's my 19th day I have taken follicle study, doctor said that it was ruptured like that, what is ruptured and can get conceive on this please answer me.
I am 27 years old female and I am pregnant with 5weeks 5 days but from past few days I am getting brownish and radish spotting once a while and also having cramps sometimes now. I have been advised for an ultrasound after 7weeks till then I have been prescribed sustain 200 n mhr bio. please tell me clearly will this lead to miscarriage? As this is my first pregnancy. This tension is killing me.
My period started on 11Sep & ended on 14Sep. Had unprotected intercourse on 15Sep. Ipill taken on the same day. 26th Sep blood clot in black color coming with lot of pain. Is there any chance of pregnancy?& why so early this period coming. Is it period or anything else? Kindly suggest in detail what to do. Regards.
I am a 30 year old female. I have got two miscarriages in the past I am 4 and a half months pregnant and when it comes to eating food, my relatives and other people prescribe different foods to be consumed in this pregnancy. Some say you should avoid mangoes and grapes as they are hot by virtue and should not be consumed in summers. Other says even Chiku and watermelon are also hot. In a quiz at Lybrate, I read even high consumption of Chapatis should be avoided. I am highly confused about what to eat. I get hungry quite often and I am not left with options to eat. Please prescribe a healthy diet for me in this pregnancy. Please suggest a meal plan with a nutritional diet considering risks in pregnancy. Please suggest a lot of healthy foods so that I can consume them interchangeably. I drink cold milk quite often, please suggest if it is okay to consume thrice a day or more.
Hi. I am in 20 days after c-section delivery. Can I take normal diet now. Please advise if I need to avoid any foods. Than you.
Sir/mam please tell me how to reduce pain on first sex time. Is this very painful or not.Please tell.
I know the days on which we should have sex to conceive. But should we try every day or should we have gaps of 2-3 days for the sperm volume to go up? Any foods the wife should avoid? Any tips and precautions during sex?
Acidity - gastritis: understanding the symptoms and causes
Gastritis/acidity is a group of diseases or symptoms where there is excess secretion of acid by the gastric glands of the stomach.
If you have upper abdominal discomfort or pain, stomach fullness, heartburn, nausea, vomiting, indigestion, belching, waterbrash or irregular bowel movement, then you must be suffering from acidity or gastritis. It is a problem which becomes worse when an individual has poor eating habits and improper lifestyle.
Gastritis: swelling of stomach lining
Various factors like spicy food, medicines, tobacco, alcohol etc. Can cause increase in gastric acid production and disturb, weaken or damage the normal stomach lining. Gastritis occurs when there is an imbalance between the acid production and damage to the stomach lining, resulting in swelling of the stomach lining.
Gastritis a very common disorder of all age groups
Gastritis is of two types - acute gastritis (which occur suddenly) and chronic gastritis (develops over a period of time). In India gastritis is a very common disorder which occurs at any age but is more widespread in the adolescent age group (12-17 years). Adolescence is a change from childhood to adulthood, the period in which a lot of physical and psychological changes occur increasing the risk of gastritis.
Multiple factors cause gastritis
Various factors like spicy food, medicines (pain killers), tobacco, alcohol, emotional disturbance, psychological stress, smoking, alcohol intake and bacterial infection lead to gastritis.
Besides these, the three most important factors include helicobacter pylori infection (bacterial infection), use of painkiller medicines and autoimmunity (body loses its own immunity and attacks itself). These factors in the long term may even cause an ulcer (permanent breakage of the stomach lining), acid reflux disorder (food coming back to mouth after swallowing) and stomach cancer.
What does Ayurveda suggest?
In Ayurveda, agni refers to fire like activity in alimentary canal responsible for digestion of food which is influenced by the status of doshas. When samana-vata associates with kapha in turn produces weak digestive power (agni-mandya). Consuming food against the code of dietetics i. E. Ahara-vidhi vidhana and ahara-vidhi-visheshayatana (method of taking food) lead to a number of diseases related with food. Eating food before the previous food is digested, untimely food, eating too much of spicy or oily food, eating when not hungry, drinking too much water during food and at a time unless required, very hot high fatty-fried food, stale food, heavy diet, excess consumption of horse gram, vitiate all the three body humours (tridosha) also contribute to the symptoms of gastritis.
Due to the sourness of consumed food the liquidity of pitta increases further decreasing the capacity for digestion (agnimandya). Hence, rasadi-dhatu is not formed in a proper manner. This, after a certain period, manifests as amlapitta (hyperacidity).
Symptoms of gastritis vary among individuals
Symptoms of gastritis vary among individuals, and in many people even there are no symptoms. It also depends on the duration of disease, whether it is of acute (coming on suddenly) or chronic (causing symptoms over a long period of time) type.
The most common symptoms of acute gastritis include:
- Abdominal bloating or stomach fullness,
- Belching (expelling air from the stomach through the mouth)
- Waterbrashes (sour fluid or tasteless saliva into the mouth)
- Upper abdominal pain or discomfort
- Nausea/vomiting feeling
- Irregular bowel movement
- Recurrent indigestion,
- Chest burn or gnawing feeling between meals (heartburn)
- Hiccups etc.
In addition to this, symptoms of chronic gastritis may include weight loss, continuous flatulence, black stool, loss of appetite and even anemia.
How to diagnose gastritis?
To diagnose gastritis, performs a thorough physical evaluation, and may recommend a blood test for h. Pylori screening, stool test for blood in the stool. Abdominal x-rays or barium studies (upper or lower) may demonstrate the presence of thickened stomach lining and folds that are signs of inflammation in the stomach.
Sometimes, an endoscope, a thin tube containing a tiny camera, is inserted through the mouth and down into the stomach to look at the stomach lining (endoscopy). The doctor will check for inflammation and may perform a biopsy, in which a tiny sample of tissue is removed and sent for analysis of gastric lining.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'consult'.
We are planning for baby nd last period was on 18 aug 2016, on 1st sept ovulation occurred which was confirmed through scan. Til now they were no periods, Tested for pregnancy results were negative Consulted doctor abdominal scan done stil negative. Due to pcod going through infertility treatment frm last 1 nd half year, but frm 9 months periods are regular nd the cycle is of 30 days What might be the reason for delay Is there chances of pregnancy kindly suggest.
Last period mere 21 Dec ko aaye the n uske baad no period abi tak,vaise b. Koi bhi date fix nai hai kabhi bhi ajte hain pregnancy test kiya to neg. Hai plus kuch din pehle vagina me see smell or pani bahut ata tha uski med li thi or med ka name tha forcan 150 mg but fir se start ho gaya hai please koi med suggest kardo period ki coz mere cramp bahut padte hai period ke time and yes last year se notice kar rahi mere period ke days kam hote ja rahe hai.
Hi I am 26 yrs old married trying to conceive from 8 months but not succeeded but this time I got my period 5 days early to the actual date I. E 28.10. 2015 please suggest what to do?
Dear sir I and my girlfriend had a oral sex and I was sucking her breasts and she complains that she is having nipple pain and I was rubbing my penis on tip of her vagina without any discharge hence there would be any chance of pregnancy and major doubt is she is having a white discharge from vagina since a week or three how can it be controlled please suggest me.
Dyspareunia is a phenomenon noticed in both males and females, but more frequently in females. It refers to recurring pain during or after sexual intercourse. Such kind of pain affects female genitalia usually the vagina, clitoris, or at times the depths of the pelvis. This pain is often accompanied by a burning, itching or throbbing sensation which can prove to be extremely discomforting if left unattended. Thankfully, a careful examination of symptoms leading to Dyspareunia and its early diagnosis can improve a person's sexual health.
Indicators of this deep rooted problem
- Pain can occur during penetration in and around the vagina, urethra or the bladder.
- Pain can be a new occurrence after earlier instances of painless intercourse.
- It can be felt throughout intercourse in places, such as deep in the pelvis or even after intercourse.
- The intensity of the ache is sometimes sharp and at other times, it is as piercing as menstrual cramps.
- It need not necessarily be associated with intercourse; pain can be experienced during any kind of penetration. Thus, using a tampon or a moon cup can also result in soreness.
- Skin diseases can either be a symptom or a root cause leading to the problem. Skin problems, such as Psoriasis or Lichen Sclerosus should not be taken lightly.
- Tightening of vaginal muscles at the beginning of intercourse may or may not be superficial pain. In most cases, it is identified as Vaginismus but it can also be a symptom of acute Dyspareunia.
Ways to nip the pain in the bud
- While, usually, pain during sexual intercourse is a result of adolescence or a traumatic sexual history, it can also be the result of a physiological problem contracted at birth. However, treatment in any situation is necessary to enable smooth functioning of one's life.
- Injectable corticosteroids might prove to be helpful.
- There are oral medications to remedy the problem; antibiotics and antifungal medicines.
- Increase in estrogen levels through the use of the drug Osphena helps in curing frailty of vaginal tissues.
Precautionary measures to be followed at home
- Taking a warm bath before intercourse can lead to betterment.
- It is best to avoid sex when in stress. Both partners should be relaxed to ensure a complete lack of pain.
- After sex pain can be relieved by applying an ice pack around the vulva.
- Urinating before sex can be helpful. It is also good to use water soluble lubricants for stimulation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
I have 5 years old daughter. After my delivery I m facing the problem of irregularity of periods and unable to conceive second time. What should I do?
Hi. My 5th month of pregnancy is about to end. I'm having severe cold. I am not able to breathe through my nose at all. I've taken steam but still the condition is same. I haven't slept the whole night as I'm unable to do so. Please suggest me something good.
My sister in law have 5 month baby. After 1 month of delivery her left leg got swell. We were checked up to doctor and he suggest us for colour doppler. After checking the report he said mamta facing problem of DVT (Deep Vein Thomsis). At first they start Tab name Acitrom (2mg to 16 Mg) but INR ratio still stable between 1.50 to 1.80 we changed the Doctor last month and he start tab name WARF (2mg to 8 mg). Mamta's last INR ratio is 1.50 dated 15.04. 16. Please suggest us what should we do?
My wife is 28 years old and having issue of irregular and low menustral cycle as a result her whole body is suffering with pain and heavy feelingness. Pls. Suggest.
Are you looking for a good body massage procedure, which will help in rejuvenating your senses and also lighten up your skin? You should go for Njavarakizhi. It is an effective Ayurvedic therapy with several benefits. It is especially good for people suffering from paralysis, arthritis, lethargy, body weakness, stress and trauma. It also helps in maintaining an ideal muscle tone and relaxes your mind.
The procedure of the Njavarakizhi may take up to an hour. First, your body will be preconditioned using oil. After you are massaged all over the body with the oil, you will be allowed to relax and lie down for some time. While you relax, Njavara rice gets cooked with milk and some herbs. Herbs such as deodar, mustard, sida and even milk and ghee are used for preparation. After being cooked, the preparation is placed in cotton pouches and used to massage your body. The pouches are gently rubbed and pressed on your body for 40 minutes. Then, the rice is applied all over body while it is still warm. After wiping it off, another type of oil is applied on your body as you relax. For making the treatment more effective, certain oral medicines may also be taken, such as Leyham and Kashayam.
Health benefits of Njavarakizhi:
There are several important health benefits of Njavarakizhi, which include the following:
- Your skin is kept healthy. The skin being the largest body organ, needs proper care. This treatment is very effective in improving your skin texture and making it bright and beautiful.
- The treatment enhances your muscle tone and strengthens your muscles. In case you are experiencing body-weakness in general because of aging, Njavarakizhi is ideal for you.
- This treatment helps in lowering body cholesterol levels. High cholesterol is a major health condition in modern day and the Njavarakizhi therapy is an ideal remedy. Because of the innate effect of sweat inducing, blood circulation is regulated and cholesterol levels are lowered.
- Njavarakizhi therapy is very effective for giving relief to stress. It helps you to relax and eliminates traces of stress. The mind gets to be at rest, which allows you to calm down and relax.
- Njavarakizhi also helps in easing pain and inflammation that is associated with arthritis. Moreover, regular Njavarakizhi treatments help in strengthening your muscles and hence, you are provided with long-term relief from arthritis symptoms.
These and many other wonderful therapies are there in Ayurveda which not only cures but detoxifies your body. This is an all natural therapy which is associated with no side effects.