Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Shalini SoodYour feedback matters!
My wife 32 weeks of pregnancy then doctor advised Argiprime Sachet twice daily? What gram one time taking?
For a mother, the first few months after delivery are crucial since the uterus after expanding due to delivery, shrinks back to its normal size. Moreover the tendons, ligaments and muscles connected to the uterus begin to regain the power and strength lost during labor. A lot of emphasis is put on postnatal care in Ayurveda.
Ayurveda suggested diet tips:
According to your digestive system, you must take Sesame oil i.e. Til oil and ghee i.e. clarified butter after mixing it with panchkola. Once this mixture has been digested, you must consume rice gruel and milk that is medicated with Vidharigandhadi gana or panchkola. Apart from these, you must consume jaggery water for about a week. After a week, you must eat foods that are easily digestible to help you regain your strength.
Do's and Don'ts:
1. Do massage yourself with Vatahara Oil
2. Do bathe with warm water
3. Do keep your perineum and breasts clean
4. Do urinate every 5 hours
5. Do breastfeed properly
6. Don't consume food irregularly
7. Don't have stale or cold food
8. Don't retain urine or feces
9. Don't indulge in sex or exercise
Ayurvedic medicines and herbs:
All the medicines and herbs mentioned below are never advised together. An ayurvedic specialist will usually give you a combination of a few medicines depending on your symptoms and condition.
1. Dashamoolarishtam: Dashamoolarishtam is extremely effective in boosting your immunity and keeping infections at bay. It is usually prescribed for the first few months as it also helps reduce inflammation and pain.
2. Jeerakarishtam: Jeerakarishtam is well known for inducing normal lactation, and is usually prescribed to mothers during the monsoon or winter seasons. This is because it keeps the body warm owing to its hot nature.
3. Shatavari Gulam: Improve lactation and achieve overall hormonal balance by consuming Shatavari Gulam.
4. Pulileham: Pulileham is administered to new mothers from the third week onwards for about a month and half.
5. Shatavari: Shatavari herb is mixed with boiling milk to improve the production of breast milk and avoid post partum depression. It is also useful for normal involution of the uterus.
6. Musta: Apart from improving breast milk production, musta herbs also relieves clogs in milk ducts and inflammation.
Hi I am pregnant now 33th week is running, I had severe cough problem I am worried about that, Is it risk or not and can I take cough syrup is it safe?
After having sex or orgasm, the amount of liquid released from my vagina is very low. Unlike other girls who cums in a good amount. My partner says, its not normal and a medical issue? I don't have any problem during sex but after orgasm, liquid is released in a very low amount. Looking for your suggestions.
My wife pregnant in now 3 months and last 2-3 days she feel pain in left side of lower abandonment, pain is like pin staple, whtat is solution?
The build-up of gases in the stomach can be uncomfortable and very embarrassing when it leads to flatulence. Flatulence can be defined as the release of intestinal gas from the anus. This may or may not be accompanied by sound and odour. Both men and women can be affected by flatulence at any age.
Some of the causes of flatulence include:
• Swallowing excessive amounts of air while eating
• Lactose intolerance
Food that is difficult to digest often triggers the formation of gas such as hydrogen, carbon dioxide, methane and sulphur in the digestive system as a result of the microbial breakdown of this food. Sulphur is largely responsible for the odor that accompanies the release of these gases. Beans, chickpeas, cauliflower and cabbage are some such foods that can trigger flatulence.
Flatulence on its own is not a serious condition and usually resolves itself without medication. However if it triggers severe abdominal cramps, diarrhea, persistent constipation, blood in the stools, nausea and pain in the right side of the abdomen, medical care should be immediately sought.
If flatulence is a problem you suffer from often, take a look at your diet and modify your eating habits. Keep a food diary to determine what food triggers this condition and avoid it. If you are lactose intolerant switch your dairy products for soya substitutes and avoid dairy. Anti-gas compounds that are available over the counter can also provide relief. Chew your food slowly, thoroughly and ensure that your mouth is closed while chewing to prevent swallowing air. For this reason, also avoid chewing gums and fizzy drinks. If you must eat beans, soak them overnight before cooking.
Flatulence can be easily treated with home remedies. Following home remedies can be used
1. Ginger: Ginger aids the digestion process, eases bloating and reduces gas. It also helps stool pass smoothly and helps keep the intestines clear. This does not give stomach gases a chance to build up. Ginger can be consumed in the form of capsules or a tea made by steeping ginger in hot water for a few minutes.
2. Papaya: Along with being rich in antioxidants and flavonoids, papaya contains an enzyme known as papain that helps digest proteins and reduce gas. To benefit from papain, you could eat the papaya fruit or drink a tea made with papaya leaves. Papaya enzymes are also available as supplements. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Fibromyalgia is a disorder that causes widespread body pain along with sleep deficits, memory loss, mood problems and fatigue. Symptoms may be triggered after a surgery, physical trauma, infection, or stress. Women are much more vulnerable to this disease than men. Many people affected with fibromyalgia may have suffered from headaches, backaches, depression, anxiety, tension, temporomandibular joint
disorders and irritable bowel syndrome. Most of these patients have undergone multiple consultation with various doctors and undergone many tests, but no diagnosis could be made. These patients are often ignored by doctors and family members as always "complaining of pain".
Symptoms of Fibromyalgia:
- Extensive Pain: Pain related to fibromyalgia is often depicted as a dull pain that lasts for at least three months. Pain can involve any body part like back,neck, chest, arms, legs. Patients have pain in multiple areas of body and painful areas change over time.
- Fatigue: Patients afflicted with this disorder feel tired even after sleep. Such people are reported to sleep for longer hours than normal people, but their sleep often gets disrupted due to sleep apnoea and restless leg syndrome.
- Cognitive Difficulties: These patients find it difficult to concentrate at work and also suffer from memory deficits in daily activities.
- Other Symptoms: These patients may also have symptoms like burning urination, urgency of urination, numbness,loss of appetite, tingling sensation,diarrhoea, constipation, tinnitus, depression etc
Diagnosis of fibromyalgia:
There are no specific test to diagnose fibromyalgia. Diagnosis is made by a doctor specialised in Pain Medicine using clinical methods based on symptoms and examination. Blood tests like Haemogram, Thyroid function test, RA Factor, ESR are done to rule out other diseases which can cause similar symptoms.
Treatment of Fibromyalgia:
- First step in treating these patients is to accept their problem and discuss with patient and family members regarding the presence of such disease entity.
- Lifestyle changes like active involvement in cardiovascular exercises, swimming, yoga, meditation are important to control symptoms.
- Conventional painkillers do not work in these patients. They requires special medications prescribed by a Pain Specialist for control of symptoms.
- Counselling of patient is beneficial for associated depression.
How to exercise during your period
The question of whether or not a woman should work out or not when it is the time of the month is one that has been much talked about. Fluctuations in hormone levels that take place during the monthly cycle have a tremendous impact on the level of energy, stamina and the body's response to exercise. The likelihood of getting injured is also different during periods.
Exercising during your period has many positive impacts on the body. Each woman's ability to work out and her response to it are different and hence the workout routine you must adhere to can vary from person to person.
What are the benefits of working out during periods?
- exercising during periods can be effective in alleviating the symptoms that accompany your period at the time such as stress and anxiety.
- loss of body fluids through sweating while doing exercises significantly reduces bloating in the belly.
- exercising can also ensure that there is less cramping and heavy flow during periods.
- endorphins released during exercise functions as a natural painkiller for period pains.
What are the best ways of working out during periods?
Depending upon how your body responds to periods, suitable workout routines can vary from high-intensity training (hit) like running, cycling and heavy lifting to low intensity training (lit) like brisk walking and step aerobics.
Most women opt for light exercises during the first few days of the cycle and then gradually increase intensity, which is advisable for those who are not in the habit of regularly working out. Athletes and sportswomen who train all around the year take to high-intensity workouts that focus on core strengthening and cardio boost.
What exercises should be avoided during periods?
The only kind of workout that should be avoided during this time is yoga that involves any 'inverted pose' that requires a woman to perform partial or complete headstands. These poses negatively impact blood flow and can cause painful heavy bleeding.
Apart from that, when it comes to exercising during periods, the guideline is simple - if you can handle it, you should go ahead and do it.
Related Tip: Why Do Some Girls Have Extremely Painful Periods?
Hi. I have sex with my gf many times without condom but for not taking risk so that she may get pregnant I always used to take out penis from vagina when it seems that sperm is going to ejaculate during intercourse. My this act can prevent pregnancy. Is this a good sexual habit. Can it have effect on her sexual desire.
I am a 25 year old girl. I have case of inverted nipple. Its one of my both nipples and its protrudes out if I do it manually without any pain but it tends to go back inside after a while. Suggest some remedy which does not involve operation.
My wife is 30 years old and we have two kids and my problem is she is not any more interested in sex is there any medicine or any way to get her in mood so she will respond me in same way which I do in my sex mood.
I am 30 female my problem is that every month of 15th my period start but no 4 day over so now what I please do?
My wife had a cyst in uterus with size of 5.6cms. We are planing to remove the cyst and also to do family planning.
I have a hair growth on my upper lips chin hands and legs but I have a regular periods. Is this pcos? I hav this hair from birth. I don't want to have this much of hair what should I do?
Hi gud morning I am pregnent my last lmp is 07.06.16 by as per our ultrasound report the bay growth is very slow and doctor suggest m, e they will give medicine for growth and after they will check if growth is not normal then what I do.
I had sex with a girl two days back. Now I am not sure whether sperms went into her vagina or not. I can't give her ipill as of now. But I am afraid what if she gets pregnant? is there any tablet to stop pregnancy after 2 or 3 months? please suggest me.
I gained weight on pregnancy and cesarean, now my last child is 5 years old But still I do not loose weight. I am 4.10 feet weight 57 kg. I take Sarpagandha Vati once in the morning for BP. I do not feel hungry frequently I take food after a gap of 4 hours and can not even eat more than a half plate however yet I'm gaining weight inspite of doing alternate days workout for half hour and wow Green Coffee beans yet not effective I even tried No fat capsules .I sometimes feels heavy and tired. thyroid TSH 0.6 taking Kelp when it was 5.11 previously. Please help me what is the problem of gaining weight in spite of not over eating nor large quantity. And why is so hard to burn my fats.
Role of Homeopathy in Treating Digestive Problems
Digestive system is an intricate part of your body, spanning from the mouth to the anus. It plays a very important role in helping your body absorb essential nutrients as well as get rid of the waste that forms after digestion. Like every system in the body, it also gets plagued by health problems such as constipation, diarrhea, acid reflux or hemorrhoids.
How can homeopathy help in treating problems concerning your body's digestive system?
Homeopathy uses a single remedy to treat a condition irrespective of the number of organs or systems involved. It is an effective, safe and gentle treatment for curing digestion problems without any side effects. This is because the homeopathic medicines are derived from minerals, herbs or animal products. The ingredients are crushed and dissolved, shaken well and diluted till none of the original product exists anymore. The more diluted the substance is, the more its healing properties are believed to be.
Various digestive disorders like indigestion, stomach ache, gas ulcers, constipation, diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome and heartburn can be treated with homeopathy. The remedies that homeopathy make use of help the body to correct its imbalance without causing any side effects.
Homeopathic remedies go to the underlying cause of the problem. When an individual experiences a stomach ache the body signals that something is not right within his or her body. Painkillers can help in controlling the pain for a short amount of time but it cannot treat the underlying imbalance.
A homeopath carefully selects a remedy for the digestive disorder keeping in mind the patient's emotional and physical factors along with his or her eating habits and lifestyle.
For instance: 'Nux Vomica' would be a good Homeopathic remedy for stomach problems when you feel heartburn that occurs after having coffee, spicy food or alcohol; however 'Pulsatilla' acts better for dealing with the gastric problems due to consumption of fatty food like pastries, or fried foods.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: How Does Homeopathy Cure Sinusitis?