Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shalini Samkhwar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shalini SamkhwarYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 28 yrs old female. I had my periods start on 1st dec and on third day that is on 3rd dec I had fever with temp 103.3 degrees celcius with shiver and damn bad headache. I was feeling like my head is goin heavy specially at the front, above the eyes and at the back plus I was feeling as someone is stretching my intestines in stomach badly. In the evening I had vomit then at night I had consulted a local physician nearby and he gave me medicine. Withing half an hour my headache and fever ws gone but stomach and lower abdominal and pelvic pain was still there. Then on 4th dec in the morning 4: 15 a. M I had damn bad abdominal pain (which covered the vagina, pelvic area in the centre and pelvic area in the right side and the pain is felt in anal side also) then I managed to take meftal spas and the pain ws less then before but it is still there. Now I feel tenderness in my stomach area, pelvic area and on vagina. Pain is still there in centre and right side of the pelvic area. Every time I cough or do anything its paining badly. please help and suggest what kind of problem is this. Recently last month I consulted gynae and se told I have vaginal infection and gave me medications for that. I guess it was cure but this pelvic pain problem I m facing from past 15-20 days. please help and suggest what is my problem and which doc should I consult?
I am a married girl of age 27. From last 3 to 4 days light pain in my stomach. Last 2nd day I went toilet. I felt loose and very light blood with light white liquid discharge from my vagina. After that my whole body comes cold. And I felt no life in ma body for 2 3 minutes. Now when I go for toilet .have lose motion and only when I go for toilet light bloody vaginal discharge occur after that I have some pain in some areas of stomach .what happened to me. I have normal thyroid.
If I have unsafe sex without protection my wife will be pregnant. N please tell me how can I have sex without using any types of condoms n my wife will not be pregnant. Any pills or routine of sex.
I went for scanned and it said the uterus is anteverted and non gravid it measures 69×29×33mm. No myometrial lesion seen. The endometrial stripe is normal thickness. Both ovaries are normal in morphology. Minimal free POD fluid collection is noted the bowel loops are not dilated. The liver spleen and kidneys are normal. CONCLUSION PID wt is the meaning.
I have been experiencing menstrual bleeding for 10 days now and I think I'll be going into my 11th. I have recently taken birth control pills for the first time. This is also the first time this has happened to me. What could be wrong?
I am 25 years old and my wife in 6+ month of pregnancy so I didn't have sex from last 2 month. Can I sex with other girl and woman.
Hi, Please suggest me. Does ejaculation from the ass hole without A condom leads to pregnancy by any case?Please suggest.
Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID) is a common infection in the female reproductive organs like the ovaries, the uterus and the fallopian tubes and also the inside of the pelvis. If left untreated for a long time, PID can lead to severe problems like pregnancy complications, infertility and cancer.
- Causes: STDs (sexually transmitted diseases) like chlamydia and gonorrhea produce vaginal bacteria which travel to the interior organs and cause PID. Having unprotected sexual contact with someone who has an STD is the most common cause of PID. Moreover, medical processes like abortion, miscarriage, childbirth, insertion of contraceptive devices can also lead to bacterial infection. Having sex with a number of people, or having sex before the age of 20, or having had an STD in the past, also increase the chances of Pelvic Inflammatory Disease.
- Symptoms: The disease may show only minor symptoms or it may not show any symptom at all. When it does, the common symptoms are pelvic pain, discomfort while urinating or having intercourse, difficulties with menstruation and unusual fluid discharge from the vagina.
- Associated symptoms: High fever, nausea, vomiting, indigestion, exhaustion, shivering and fainting.
- Diagnosis: A pelvic examination is conducted to check for abnormal bleeding from the cervix (the opening of the uterus), fluid discharge or severe pain in the uterus, fallopian tubes or in the ovaries. Swabs taken from the cervix and the vagina are tested for STDs or other possible bacterial infections that may cause PID. An ultrasound or a Computerized Tomography (CT) scan is conducted to make sure that the symptoms are not being caused by other disorders like appendicitis or other kinds of infection in the reproductive organs. A pregnancy test is also done to take the necessary precautions to protect the fetus from the adverse effects of the infection.
- Treatment: The treatment procedures of PID vary depending on the type of bacteria that caused the infection in the specific case. Antibiotic medication is used to treat the condition. In case of severe complications, the patient has to be hospitalized. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!