Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shalini Samkhwar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shalini SamkhwarYour feedback matters!
Why is my period late? possible reasons for a missed period
Your menstrual cycle is controlled by hormones, which, if imbalanced, can cause irregularities to your menstrual cycle and period flow. The most common cause is a fluctuation in your hormones (especially when it affects your estrogen levels):
Stress, travelling and a hectic lifestyle can release stress hormones, which can disrupt the production of estrogen and cause a late or missed period.
Your diet and unhealthy eating can impact your body and your flow. Similarly, sudden weight gain or loss, as well as malnourishment, can cause an irregular menstruation.
Medication and contraception; hormonal birth control methods such as the pill or the injection can affect your period.
Puberty, menarche and menopause, are phases in your life where high hormonal fluctuation is normal.
Excessive exercising can often cause periods to be delayed or not come at all.
When to see a doctor
Irregular periods are common. But you might just want to check in with your gynaecologist and tell them you’re having irregular periods. They can do a quick safety check to make sure the cause for your irregular periods is nothing to be worried about.
If you find that irregular periods are taking over or making your day-to-day life difficult, then visit your doctor for a health check. Many find that their periods are more irregular during puberty or menopause. A missed period can also be an indication of pregnancy, so if you are unsure, see your doctor.
If your periods suddenly change, you should also go see a doctor. Maybe it’s because of stress, but better to rule out any other causes for sure.
3 easy ways to regulate your period naturally
- Regulate your period by adjusting your diet
- It’s important you have a balanced and healthy diet all month. There are some particular foods that are very helpful in regulating periods and getting your menstrual flow going:
- Pineapples and papaya are well-known home remedies for irregular periods. The bromelain in the pineapple and papaya will help soften and break down your uterus lining, which can help solve a period block.
- Also, aim for an intake of half a teaspoon of.
Hi doctor, recently I went to a gynaecologist where after some blood test, she told me I have pcod. She gave me medicine for one month. Rest I didn't get any tips to reduce pcod. Can you please guide me a diet plan for it.
Drink lots of water: People tend to drink less water during winters but it is highly important to hydrate your skin from within. Carry a bottle of water with you whenever you step outside. Herbal tea is also a great remedy to moisturise your skin from within. Don’t leave your skin thirsty. Drink more water and help your skin retain its shine.
Bathe with lukewarm water: Winter is the time when your skin and hair need maximum attention. Though the idea of piping hot water is very tempting, stick to a lukewarm water bath every day. Make sure you use a mild non-drying soap or a moisturising soap to prevent your skin from getting dry and itchy.
Keep your skin moisturised: Choose a good, oil-based moisturiser to keep the skin moisturised and soft. Pay special attention to the exposed parts (and the most affected areas) like your hands, nails, feet and lips. Keep them well moisturised at all times. Use a lip balm to keep your lips soft and supple. Lip balm with SPF works better. Even those who have oily skin must use light moisturising lotions after cleansing to keep the skin soft.
Use a good sunscreen: People like to enjoy the sun during winters but little do they know that exposure to the sun can harm their skin in winter too. Use a sunscreen of SPF 15 or more when you step out in the open. In fact, it should be a part of your daily routine throughout the year. Don’t say goodbye to your sunscreen just because summer is over.
Do not lick your lips: Winter is the season of chapped lips and licking them will make them more chapped. Instead, use a good lip balm, preferably which contains tea tree oil as it helps heal painful cracks.
Internal wellness: This continues to be a requirement all through the year as a healthy skin is a reflection of good inner health. One should continue to eat healthy, drink plenty of water and exercise regularly.
I am asking this question on behalf of my wife. We got married about a month ago. Recently, we flew to couple of place in India and then to US on a long flight. She got her periods on flight like 10 days earlier. Recently, 3 days after end of the period, she noticed white discharge after intercourse. What do these indicate?
Hi, I am 31 years old and in my 1 year marriage. At the tym of intercourse hardly liquid produce in vagina also not get excitement (in starting 1-2 month I got excitement. And in between of sex my lower abdomen also have pain when I start to feel pleasure ,my husband stop because of my pain .what should I do.
1 Avoid spicy food as it can lead to stomach upset which in turn leads to an outpouring of histamine.
2 What trigger allergy it could be food environment and dairy products
3 Obesity also causes allergies excess body fat leads to inflammation.
Chest pain may be caused by multiple problems within the body and while being a problem in itself, may also be a symptom of a bigger underlying problem. Chest pain may be caused by anything from simple chest congestion due to a cold to something far more serious such as the onset of a heart attack. While it is important that life style changes be made to prevent major issues, homeopathy can provide relief for many symptoms till extensive medical steps are taken to correct the problem.
Some causes of chest pain-
- Onset of a heart attack
- Weakness of the arteries
- Weakness of the heart muscle
- Chest congestion or cold
Symptoms associated with chest pain
- Stable angina – Vice like constriction or choking, pain may be spread to right or left arm or both, dyspnoea before pain.
- Unstable angina – Chest pain occurs at rest.
- Pericarditis – Pain radiates to the left side of the shoulder which gets worse by lying in a flat position.
- Pneumothorax – Severe chest pain along with shortness of breath, cyanosis, restlessness and collapse.
- Pneumonia – Sharp pain which, gets worse by taking deep breath and coughing.
- Pulmonary embolism – Short rapid breathing, sharp pain in middle of the chest that is worse by deep breathing.
- Gastroesophagial reflux disease – Difficult painful swallowing, pain in the middle of chest which, extends to neck, back and shoulders.
- Myocardial – Vomiting, dyspnoea features of shock, profuse sweating, fever, low blood pressure, pulse small rapid and irregular
Homeopathic remedies for various kinds of chest pain
Homeopathy is one of the most popular holistic systems of medicine. The selection of remedy is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity. This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the sign and symptoms from which a patient is suffering.
The aim of homeopathy is not only to treat chest pain, but to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility of the patient. For this patient’s current symptoms, past medical history and family history are taken into account. There are many homeopathic remedies which cover the symptoms of chest pain and can be selected on the basis of cause, location, sensation, modalities and extension of the pain. For individualized remedy selection and treatment of chest pain, the patient should consult a qualified homeopathic doctor in person. In medical emergencies like myocardial infarction and pulmonary embolism, immediate hospitalization is usually required. Some important remedies are given below for the treatment of chest pain:
- Arnica mont. – Chest pain with sore and bruised feeling.
- Ranunculus b. – Good remedy for intercostal rheumatism, sharp stitching pain in the chest along with dyspnoea.
- Kali carb. – Stitching pain in the chest, which gets worse between 2-3 A.M
- Actea racemosa. – Pain worse on the right side.
- Bryonia – Chest pain is of stitching, burning and stabbing in nature, is worse by motion and better by rest and pressure. Thirst for large quantities of water and dryness of mucous membranes often accompanies.
- Rumex c. – Sharp stitching pain through the left lung, often with cough.
- Stannum – Knife like stitches, worse on bending forward and left side.
- Phosphorus – Violent tickling cough, chest pain due to tuberculosis of lungs or pneumonia along with oppression of the chest.
- Aconite – Chest pain due to pneumonia of first stage along with anxiety and restlessness.
- Robinia – Burning pain behind sternum due to hyperacidity.
- Strophanthus – Chest pain is of stitching and twitching in nature and often of cardiac origin.