Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shalini Pai
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shalini PaiYour feedback matters!
My wife 42 having 8 weeks pregnancy, one week before TVS sonography shows the half size of fetus as per LMP 5 may. Today she is suffering from acute itching in the lower abdomen. Pl guide if fetus dead, due to infection itching starts or any other reason. Any medicine pl suggest.
I had unprotected sex day before. And post thatbi started taking freewil for past two days. My last periods was on 9th of this month I have pcos too I got ipill 21 days and overall today. Should I take them instead of freewil? Or jus continue the tablet. Is there risk of pregnancy?
I have pimply spots on my urethra gland skin and on my penis. Which didn't pain and on itching then it looks they continue do itching.
Hi, She has Lots of weakness, headache, back ache, she is also suffering from Irregular periods (Dely ). She is not interested of sex. Please suggest me something for that. She is only 23 years old. Married last month.
In monsoon all gets affected with the health conditions like allergies, cough, cold etc. Even when you are having your diet, it will be really important to be cautious about meal and choose the adequate type of meal that won’t make you sick.
- Avoid taking food from outside vendors as that might be infected by flies and bacteria
- Always try to take filtered water and warm drinks.
- Use a powerful insect repellent to hold mosquitoes away and prevent getting bitten.
- Where likely, try to avoid walking through rainy water. It can lead to numerous fungal diseases of the feet and heels.
- Keep the items like umbrella, rain coat etc when you are going out.
- Take moderately hot food and drinks in this monsoon.
- Keep away the children to play in the rain and rainy water.
- Avoid colds and coughs by keeping your body moderately hot and dry.
- Don’t go in air conditioned rooms with wet hair and damp apparels.
- If you suffer from asthma or diabetes, avoid residing any place with wet walls. It encourages the development of fungus and can be especially hurtful.
- Drink many of heating herbal teas, particularly those with antibacterial properties.
Hello sir/madam. My question is that after how many days we can check pregnancy by pregnancy kit if due date was passed? Else pl. Convey the common symptoms of pregnancy too. Thnx for considering.
I am 25 year old had disturbances in periods, I had periods for 4 days and than continous spotting and clots, done serum prolactin 11.52, tsh 1.25 both are normal, usg of lower abdomen is also normal, what can be the concern? can it be weight issue I am 79 kgs 5'4 ht?
As couples prepare for pregnancy, it is easy to focus only on the woman's health. However, there are several habits men need to be forming during these critical months of preparation too. Issues of fertility do not rest solely on the female.
'agents that may cause birth defects do not reach the developing fetus through the father as they do from the pregnant mother,' but we do know that male exposure to certain substances can lead to some preliminary problems with fertility and also slightly elevate the risk of certain birth defects.
Male infertility alone accounts for approximately 1/3 of all infertility cases. Should fertility issues arise, you should plan ahead to be in the best physical condition to conceive.
Clean out the medicine cabinet
Eliminate as many medications from your routine as possible. Talk with your physician about your prescription medications. You may need to discontinue use or try something new.
The following medications have been known to impact male fertility:
- Tagamet (cimetidine), sulfasalazine, and nitrofurantoin are used to treat ulcers, gastrointestinal problems, and urinary tract infections. These medications may impact sperm production and sperm count.
- Steroids, such as prednisone and cortisone, which are used to treat asthma, arthritis and skin conditions, impact male fertility.
- Chemotherapy and radiation could cause sterility or a significant change in sperm quality and quantity.
Take a good look at your work environment
Your work environment may be a contributing factor to your fertility. Ongoing exposure to certain agents such as pesticides, chemical fertilizers, lead, nickel, mercury, chromium, ethylene glycol ethers, petrochemicals, benzene, perchloroethylene, and radiation can lower sperm quality, quantity and possibly lead to infertility or miscarriage.
Eat and sleep
What you eat can make a difference. Find out what your proper weight range should be and make the necessary dietary and exercise changes to get there. Studies suggest that some men with low sperm count also have a zinc deficiency.
The following foods are high in zinc and could increase your fertility:
- Wholegrain cereals
- Selenium, which is found in brazil nuts
Adding more vitamin e may also help the process along. There are male fertility supplements available containing vitamins, minerals and other ingredients designed to help improve overall reproductive health.
Also, keep in mind getting plenty of rest is good for everything that ails you, even low sperm count and sperm quality.
Avoid alcohol and other substances
Eliminate alcohol, tobacco, marijuana and any illicit drugs. Too much alcohol may reduce zinc levels, and drugs decrease sperm quality. There is some research that may link smoking and certain rare heart defects, but further studies must be done to make an accurate conclusion. Marijuana has been proven to affect sperm quality and sperm count, but there is no evidence that shows that marijuana causes birth defects.
Keep your testicles cool
Heat from hot tubs, saunas, long showers (more than 30 minutes), heating pads, electric blankets, and tight clothing like briefs and spandex could cause your testicles to become too hot, which decreases sperm quantity.
Stay away from cycling
Cycling can cause a lot of friction and jostling, which increases the temperature of your testicles. The rise in temperature and possibility of injury may cause a low sperm count.