Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shalini Gupta
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shalini GuptaYour feedback matters!
Sir mujhe abhi 1 month hua hai pregnancy test kiya hai mere 2 year ka boy hai abhi mujhe baccha nhi chahiye koi teblet ya fir koi dusra sulusion btao help me sir.
She is having so much pain in the pubic area including the waist and all the private parts. She has crossed the menstruation date and her menstrual cycle did not run. She feels so much pain regularly at an interval from past 3 days. She just can't tolerate the pain. Can you please help us? And prescribe any best medicine.
I have sugar recently I got married and my question is any chance that my wife get pregnant and we get the baby ?
For starters I have not had a period for about 8 months. Then lately I've been beginning to see a change in my body bedtime. Not only have my breasts filled out immensely but my stomach has also swollen up. My whole body looks like that of a 5 month pregnant woman, the only problem is that i'm not pregnant. I'm starting to worry about whats really going on within my body. One thing I do know is that whatever is happening is not normal and in my opinion is all wrong. Can you please give me some insight as to what might be possible reasons as to why this is happening & what might be going on with my body?
Can I go for a medical abortion at 8 weeks 5 days? Is it safe? She has already had an abortion last year? Will it affect her health?
It's for my sister. She has developed a lump on her breast. It's not painful. It's a movable lump. Local doctors told to operate it. Please suggest what is it and what should be the correct steps for it. As it has been two months since that lump was felt by her.
I am 27 years old and having disorder in periods cycle taking primolut around about 2 months it was working fine but in the third month again had a periods twice with the interval of one month. My hb is 13.6. I am a working lady and having stressful situation now a days.
Hypogonadism in females occurs when your sex glands produce little or no sex hormones.The sex glands, also called gonads that are responsible for ovary formation in females, breast enlargement and in menstrual cycle.
What Are the Types of Female Hypogonadism?
There two types of hypogonadism are primary and central hypogonadism.
Primary Hypogonadism: Primary hypogonadism means that you don't have enough sex hormones in your body due to a problem in your gonads. Your gonads are still receiving the message to produce hormones from your brain, but they aren't able to produce them.
Central Hypogonadism or Secondary Hypogonadism: In central hypogonadism, the problem lies in your brain. The hypothalamus and pituitary gland in your brain, which control your gonads, aren't working properly.
Causes of Primary Hypogonadism:
- Autoimmune disorders, such as Addison's disease and hypoparathyroidism
- Genetic disorders, such as Turner syndrome and Klinefelter syndrome
- Severe infections
- Liver and kidney diseases
- Hemochromatosis, which happens when your body absorbs too much iron
- Radiation exposure
- Surgery of your sex organs
Causes of Central or Secondary Hypogonadism include:
- Genetic disorders, such as Kallmann syndrome (abnormal hypothalamic development)
- Infections, including HIV and AIDS
- Pituitary disorders
- Inflammatory diseases including sarcoidosis, tuberculosis, and histiocytosis
- Rapid weight loss
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Use of steroids or opiates (especially long-term usage)
- Brain surgery
- Radiation exposure
- Injury to your pituitary gland or hypothalamus
- A tumor in or near your pituitary gland
Symptoms that May Affect Females Include:
- Lack of menstruation
- Slow or absent breast growth
- Hot flashes
- Loss of body hair
- Low or absent sex drive
- Milky discharge from your breasts
Treatment for Hypogonadism in Women: Your treatment will involve increasing the amount of female sex hormones in your body. Your first line of treatment will probably be estrogen therapy if you've had a hysterectomy. Either a patch or pill can administer the supplemental estrogen hormone. Estrogen must be balanced with progesterone, because taking estrogen alone leads to a dangerous build up of the lining of the uterus (endometrial hyperplasia) that can lead to cancer of the uterus. Low-dose testosterone may be added for women with hypogonadism who have a low sex drive.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Peanuts are rich in monounsaturated fats, the sort of fat that is added to a healthy-heart diet. However, just as peanuts have loads of benefits, they come with certain disadvantages too. The advantages of peanuts are as follows:
- Peanuts are a source of antioxidants: Not only do peanuts contain oleic acid, but also the energizing fat found in olive oil and is a rich form of cell regeneration. The regeneration material is very helpful in avoiding many types of cancers. For example, as preventive agents, simmered peanuts do equal amount of recovery and regeneration as blackberries and strawberries. These are far more efficient than apples, carrots or beets.
- Peanuts are key to heart-health benefits: Just as peanuts are good cancer preventing agents, dangers of death from cardiovascular and coronary heart diseases can also be avoided with their help.
- Peanuts reduce risk of stroke based on preliminary animal studies: Resveratrol is a substance, which was initially found in red grapes and red wine. However, now it is also available in peanuts. This phytonutrient has been said to enhance the blood flow in the brain by as much as 30 percent. It enormously diminishes the danger of a stroke or a heart attack.
As mentioned earlier, just as peanuts have certain good qualities, they can be somewhat bad for the health as well. Following are some of the reasons:
- Peanuts can be an allergen: Peanuts are also considered as a standout amongst the most widely recognized food sensitivities for people. A lot of people have nut hypersensitivities so serious that even their breathing is disturbed with a little amount of a shelled nut. Their tongue starts getting numb and their skin starts swelling. Some people have an extremely increased allergy to peanuts and for them, it can even be fatal, if not treated immediately.
- Peanuts contain lectins: Peanuts, alongside different vegetables like soy, contain hostile substances called lectins. Lectins are sticky proteins found in numerous food items including vegetables. They serve as a bug. The stickiness and structure of lectins, however, makes them very difficult to process and digest.
- Peanuts contain inflammatory elements: The abnormal state of Omega-6 unsaturated fats that peanuts contain is quite dangerous. It is true that your body needs, both Omega-3 and Omega-6 unsaturated fats for a good health. The issue, in any case, is that the standard western eating routine is, to a great degree, high in Omega-6 unsaturated fats and low in Omega-3s. At the point when Omega-3 unsaturated fats are out of proportion with the Omega-6 fats (as frequently emerges in a standard Western eating routine) irritation, coronary illness, and other medical problems emerge. Therefore, a balanced diet is very important.