Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shalini GuptaYour feedback matters!
As the new year begins, the one fruit which is available in abundance are grapes. The black/purple and the green variety, seeded and seedless, are all over the place. Given the weather slowly changing from winter, they seem like the best thing to beat the summer heat. And yes, they are. Not just for overall health, they are also great for the skin and hair. Read on to know more.
Benefits of grapes for skin:
- When the sunscreen lotion does not help much and sunburn happens, the one of the best home remedies is to apply mashed grapes for about 30 minutes. The grapes are rich in antioxidants (proanthocyanidins and resveratrol). They reduce the damage caused by ultraviolet radiation and also reduces cell damage caused by excessive skin exposure.
- Rubbing the grape pulp on the face for about 20 minutes can help reverse and control antiaging better than any chemical treatment. It reduces the effect of free radicals which lead to fine wrinkles and dark spots.
- Grapes are also rich in vitamins c and e which helps in making the skin supple and improves skin tone and reduces scars.
Benefits for hair:
- If hair loss scares you, apply a paste of seeded grapes. The linoleic acid and grape seed oil can add strength and prevent hair fall.
- Grapes can also be mixed with fenugreek and chickpeas for use on hair to improve life and lustre of the hair and add volume.
- The vitamin e and antioxidants also help improve scalp blood circulation, fight dandruff, reduce itchiness, and improved hair health.
Benefits on overall health:
- Relieves headache: The various antioxidants in the grapes help in relieving the headache almost instantaneously. Eat them up or drink if you have a headache, even migraines.
- Improves digestion: They improve digestion and reduce digestive problems, thereby curing indigestion. They also are shown to help in controlling colon cancer.
- Good in diabetes: Diabetic patients need not be worried about the sweet grapes. The pterostilbene in them helps lower sugar levels, and in the long run, it can also prevent the onset of diabetes.
- Cholesterol control: The polyphenols help in controlling heart disease by reducing plaque formation.
- Eye health: The reduced oxidation process and controlled inflammatory process helps in improving eye health, especially in the retina, which is full of proteins.
- Potassium in plenty: 100 g of grapes contains about 200 mg of potassium, which is a treasure. It improves blood pressure (by countering sodium), and also controls cholesterol and reduces salt intake.
- Brain health: The antioxidants like revasterol help in improving blood flow and helps in controlling alzheimer’s and improving memory. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a herbal expert.
If a women want to conceive what kind of diet n supplements should she take n what care she should take till her pregnancy.
I got married before 4 months, still now we didn't had sex. My wife is afraid of sex. She is thinking it will be more painful. She is thinking of taking some sleeping pills and have sex for first time so that it won't hurt. Please advise.
Ovulation is that period between the last menstrual cycle and the next menstrual cycle when the chances of pregnancy are the highest.
After sex I took I-PILL and few days later I got a 1st period. And now in between 1 month we didn't sex. So the problem is I won't getting the second periods. Plzz help out of these problem. N today 1 month 08 day had over for my 1st prds.
I have irregular periods after checkup it was PCOs, my weight is 48 kg, I have extreme hairloss problem. Is it some way connected, apart from doing regular exercise what else should I do. I even take flaxseed oil capsules.
Me and my husband are trying for conceiving from last 9 months and no luck and My husbands sperm count is as per the requirement and also my periods are regular. They have suggested me MCBM 69 & Q gold F. The doct is saying the reports are normal need to wait for 3 months also. I would like to know is this tablets are useful and if we do intercourse regularly does it effect not conceiving because some people say that no to do intercourse regularly it does effect to get pregnant. I am worried about it. Please suggest.
Hi now am 7 weeks pregnant but in in ultrasound it showing only 5 weeks and heartbeat 109.Acutely mt periods irregular only ?
I am 19 years old girl. I have sex with my husband on my 3 rd day of periods. I have a very little blood flow on that day. IS DER ANY CHANCE TO BECOME PREGNANT? We did not used any kind of birth control measure and he cummed completely inside n I did not even washed it immediately?
I am 30 years old. I am planning for pregnancy, but my AMH level was very low at 0.59. Can I become pregnant naturally. Doctor told IVF is only option. Is it true.
6 months ago, I had prolapse surgery which failed. Scheduled for more surgery on May 10. Rinsed off surgical area (with showerhead that had black mold. I didn't see the mold on the shower head until after I bathed. Washed and rinses the vaginal area again.
I am 28 years old. I have 2 kids. Now I am pregnant again but we do not want this because my younger one is just one yr. Is abortion pills safe under guidance of doctor. I have thyroid also.
My sister in law is pregnant and she get back pain daily very badly. Pls give me a permanent solution.
I am not getting pregnant after one year of my marriage. During sex we do not use any kind of safety like condoms or pills etc. What could be reason?
I am 27 years old. I am pregnant but I want to end dis pregnancy. I missed my periods scheduled on 21 April. Kindly advice me.
I haven't had a period since 23rd -28th of Jan and spotting on 10th and 11th of march now bleeding bright red blood:(got pains as well bad back pain. I had a miscarriage on 7th November 2015 so last year.
Last 2 days I am feeling like vomiting almost in every time. and feeling heavy abdomen and I have done my intercourse in my 11 th day after my periods. and I was also planning for the baby and also feeling tired n also not feeling to eat. M I got pregnant.
Klinefelter's syndrome is a medical condition in which a boy is born with an extra copy of the 'X' chromosome. Klinefelter's syndrome has an adverse effect on testicular growth and results in the formation of smaller than normal testicles. This affects the production of the sex hormone testosterone. It can also cause lower retention of muscle mass, facial or body hair and enlarged breast tissues. It is difficult for people who are diagnosed with Klinefelter's syndrome to father children because they produce little to no sperm and often has to resort to take help from assisted reproductive procedures to procreate.
Generally Klinefelter's syndrome is not diagnosed before adulthood because of the fact that there are few noticeable symptoms which might indicate Klinefelter's syndrome during infancy, childhood or adolescence period.
The few characteristics which might indicate the condition are listed below:
1. Development of weak muscles.
2. Taking above average time to develop basic motor skills.
3. Delaying in speaking.
4. The testicles haven't descended into the scrotum.
Boys and teenagers develop the following characteristics:
1. They tend to have longer leg and broader hips than their peers.
2. Onset of puberty is delayed or in some cases absent or incomplete.
3. After puberty, less muscular bodies and less facial and body hair compared with other teens
4. Smaller than average size of penis.
1. Klinefelter's syndrome occurs due to the occurrence of an extra 'X' chromosome in the cells instead of the normal combination on 'XY' chromosomes.
2. In some severe cases, there is the occurrence of more than one extra 'X' chromosome in each cell.
3. This is not inherited or a genetic condition. This occurs due to a random error during the formation of the egg , the sperm or post conception.
Diagnoses and Treatment:
1. Chromosome analysis and hormone testing are the two main ways to diagnose this condition.
2. Abnormal hormone levels present in blood and urine, might indicate Klinefelter's syndrome.
Early diagnosis and medication minimizes the effects of Klinefelter's syndrome. These include:
1. Testosterone replacement therapy. In treatment, testosterone is injected at regular intervals from the onset of puberty to ensure normal growth.
2. Patients also need educational support as well as speech therapy to overcome any barriers the patient is experiencing.
3. Removal of excess breast tissue and fertility treatment.
4. With the help of intracytoplasmic sperm injection, it is possible for patients with low sperm production to father children. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.