Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Anesthesiologists in India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. Shalini GuptaYour feedback matters!
I'm suffering first cervical spondylitis from 2012 .but now its constantly pain from april .take medicine and going for physiotherapy. But someday I have also lower back pain . What can I do.
Had a stiff neck a week ago. But the same gets aggravated mainly on my right shoulder while sleeping on my left side. After waking up its much better only some discomfort remains there. Not taken any medication. Generally stiff neck does not take so much time. Why is there pain onky while sleeping on my left side.
Sir, I have pain at bottom of feet. When I get stand it remain for 1 to 2 minute that it become normal. Every time I stand. I got diabetes test it shows normal still I have pain.
During pregnancy a woman’s body undergoes constant changes. The entire body tries to accommodate place for the growing uterus as hormones levels drastically fluctuate and ligaments stretched. Pelvic pain and the ensuing discomfort around this time is a common phenomenon experienced by most women.
Though the pain may be harmless, at times it may also lead to serious repercussions. Therefore the identification of the causes that lead to pelvic pain during pregnancy is crucial. Some of them are:
- Accommodation pain: In the initial stages of pregnancy, women may experience cramps which are akin to the pain that precedes menstruation. However, in the case of pregnant women, the pain leads to no bleeding, but in all probability, is caused due to the expansion of the uterus.
- Round ligament pain: Amidst the host of changes that the body goes through, the ligament that goes from the uterus to the groin also undergoes a change; it expands. This is responsible for the pain in the sides especially when women are walking or getting up from a chair.
- Baby’s weight: As the weight of the fetus begins to increase it exerts a pressure on the nerves that move from the vagina to the legs. This causes a dull pain in the pelvic region which increases considerably with walking and riding a car. This is most commonly felt by women who are in their third trimester.
- Urinary Tract Infection: According to reports, most women suffer from urinary tract infection or UTI during pregnancy. This results in uncontrolled, often times, bloody urination and a pain in the abdomen. This is a major cause of concern as, if untreated, it infects the kidneys which in turn increases the risk of an early labour.
- Miscarriage: In the first trimester, a pain in the abdomen may be an indication of a miscarriage. In such a situation, the pain is followed by bleeding and cramps.
- Early labour: During pregnancy, an intermittent pain in the pelvic area and a back ache can also be suggestive of an early labour. If the contractions continue for over two hours after taking the necessary precautions like urinating and taking rest, it may be a sign of an early labor.