Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Shalini DuaYour feedback matters!
Sour in Lower lip for the last 6 months. While waking up in the morning there is bleeding. Except this there is nothing else? Taking Tozaar 50 for BP. Is it because of any Deficiency? What test I have to undergo? Your reply is very much helpful for me.
Hi doctor, I am having bleeding from when I brush the teeth in morning. What is the reason for it. What is precaution to eliminate this problem. From 2 days I got pain in teeth. Today I got swollen on left hand side of mouth where teeth pain. What medicine is there for teeth pain kill and make swollen out.
I got a wisdom tooth but it has not completely come out as there is no space for it to come out as its covered with gums. Due to that got pus as well as swelling. I consulted few dentist & they said to remove the tooth n a surgery is required as they have to cut the bone.
A generation ago, we would not see so many adolescents with braces as we do currently. Orthodontics, the branch of dentistry involved in the use of braces to align and move teeth to form that perfect arch, has seen rapid advancements in the past few decades and continues to grow at a rapid pace.
The fundamental principle is that teeth are held in place by surrounding elastic tissues, and minor constant forces can be applied to align them better. Small metal brackets are applied on the teeth and a wire is passed through them so that there is a constant force on the teeth. The amount and direction of force is managed by the doctor. The younger the age, the more elastic the tissue is, the easier it is to move teeth.
There are two main things to understand in terms of your options - relation of age with orthodontic treatment and the choices of braces.
Firstly, it has a correlation with age. Over the years, more people in their 20s and early 30s are choosing to have braces. Though the teeth and more importantly the surrounding periodontium become less elastic with age, the amount of force exerted is increased and therefore tooth movement is enabled. Also, in older patients, tooth removal may be required more frequently to make space for proper alignment.
Second is the choice of braces.
- In the earlier days, bands were placed around the teeth and a wire was then used to connect all these bands to enable tooth movement. Gradually, this made way to small brackets being placed on the front surface of the teeth, and a wire running through it and elastic bands connecting the bracket and the wire. This is the most effective way of moving teeth, though not aesthetic. To make it look different, the ligatures could be colored.
- For people who are constantly in the public eye, the metal braces were a deterrent and so lingual braces became popular. The brackets are applied on the inner surface of the teeth and are not seen easily. The amount of force here varies from the earlier one, and not all conditions can be treated by this method.
- The next development was the development of ceramic braces, which are also applied to the front surface of the teeth and can be used in most cases. These are more expensive than the metallic braces.
- Removable aligners is another option, which are trays which need to be worn for close to 18 hours a day to induce tooth movement. They are aesthetically okay and no metal shows during talking or smiling.
So, if you want to improve your smile, consult a dentist and find out how!
Sir/mam, I brushing 2 times of a day but my teeth was in yellowish color, any medicine for cure my teeth color?
Exclusively for a DENTIST- Hi, I had to undergo a root canal and filling and a temporary tooth had to be placed 2 days ago cause my front 3 tooth broke in an accident. They call it trauma. How long should I wait until I can start smoking and drinking alcohol again? And tomorrow will be my last day of medication, a pain killer and an antibiotic. No pains.
My mouth smells bad even after brushing my teeth so plzz suggest me something which could be useful for this problem.
I would like to know about teeth replacement. What I mean is when I was 7th standard I lost one of my front teeth in some accident. Then after three years replacement that teeth with artificial teeth (which is fixed) now my problem is that teeth is become loose. If I eat mutton it's moving. I forgot to tell you now my age is 24. Please suggest me which operation is best to replacement (I don't want to remove every day. That's should be fixed. Please help me out.
My grand daugter aged 3 years got her upper left side teeth decayed, and filling is done to pause. A poor eater. Weight is only 10 kgs. Kindly tell me how to curtail future decaying of teeth, increasing intake and weight.
I have yellow teeth I have used many whitening tooth paste but there's no result worth it please suggest some other remedies to withened my teeth.
There is a pain in my left jaw, it some times pains severely. What might be the reason please inform me.
You may not look forward to a dental examination, but you can't avoid it. A dental checkup every six months is crucial to your dental health and to maintain that beautiful smile. Skipping a dental checkup may save you time and a little discomfort now, but can cost you much more pain, time and money in the long run.
Here are 6 reasons to maintain a regular dental check up schedule:
- Fight Cavities: A clean up is a big part of a dental examination. No matter how well you brush and floss, there will always be spots that you miss out on. With time, plaque and tartar can build up in these spots leading to cavities if not addressed in time. The worst part about cavities is that you can feel them only once the tooth has been damaged. Thus, if you skip your dental examination, you may need a filling instead of a simple cleaning.
- Prevent gum disease: Plaque and tartar affect not only your teeth, but your gums as well leading to diseases like gingivitis and periodontitis. These are marked by shrinking of the gums that makes teeth sockets loose and eventually lead to tooth loss. Gum disease treatment can be very painful and expensive hence it is best to get plaque and tartar cleaned regularly before they begin to cause a problem.
- A brighter smile: Your daily cup of coffee or tea can stain your teeth with time. Wine and cigarettes also contribute towards making your teeth look dull. A professional dental cleaning can help remove these stains and give you a brighter smile.
- Find hidden problems: X rays are also an important part of a dental examination. An X-ray can detect problems that lie under the surface like misaligned teeth, bone decay, tumors and cysts. These problems rarely show any symptoms in their early stages and hence without an X-ray you would have to wait for it to advance to a more painful stage before seeking treatment.
- Boost overall health: Regular dental checkups can also lower your risk for heart disease and stroke. In addition to checking your mouth, a dentist will also check neck, jaw and lymph nodes during a regular check up for swelling and other abnormalities. This can help in the early detection and treatment of a number of diseases.
- Detect oral cancer: Oral cancer is easily treatable if diagnosed in its early stages. However, the only way to diagnose this correctly is by visiting the dentist. A test for oral cancer is pain free and takes hardly any time.
So, think about it. Visiting the dentist may make you a little uncomfortable but in the long run is well worth.