Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shalin TownikarYour feedback matters!
I am loosing hair, greying of eyebrows as well as hair, weight increase. I am doing yoga and exercises as well. Hypothyroidism is thr with 100 mg thyronorm medication. Stress is all I feel. Level of thyroid is maintained by 100 mg medicine.
Hello Doc. I have akin allergies in night. I can't sleep properly. Whenever I get gaze I get itches rashes. A doc prescribed levocetirizine tablets for 15days. I did that course but its not effective. Suggest me is it a serious issue.
My hairs are very very rough. I bald one time. But no result came. Please came me a solution so my hairs can be smooth. Please.
Causes of hair loss
Stress, both physical and emotional, has been linked to hair loss. Physical stress in the form of an injury or an accident triggers a type of hair loss called telogen effluvium.
Excessive intake of vitamin a
Consuming too much vitamin a is linked to increased hair loss.
Pregnancy is an example of hair loss caused due to physical stress. Post delivery hair loss is very common in women.
It is common for women to bald if they have a history of female balding in their family. This is the female version of male pattern baldness.
Lack of protein
Hair is made up of protein. Hence, when you don’t consume enough protein, hair growth is curbed.
Iron deficiency anemia leads to hair loss.
Changes in the hormones, starting or going off birth-control pills, and conditions such as pcos have all been linked to hair fall.
Vitamin b deficiency
The consumption of b vitamins is crucial when it comes to maintaining the health of your hair. A lack of these vitamins leads to hair loss.
When the thyroid fails to produce certain hormones, it directly affects the health of your hair, resulting in hair loss.
This is an immune system disorder where hair is mistaken for a foreign object and is attacked.
Dramatic weight loss is often accompanied by the loss of nutrients. Your hair needs proper nourishment for growth. When it isn’t nourished, the resulting hair loss is inevitable.
Hair loss is a common symptom of aging. Less that 45% of women reach the age of 80 with a head full of hair.
Suggest me about Face care for 50+ age. Skin rashes, Wrinkles are the main issues on face. Please help us for this.
I am a boy of 19 years old. I have skin disease from a year. I have lichen planus disease. What should I do for treatment? My treatment was done in many cities. But am not fine.
My problem is constipation, pimples. And sometimes I feel back bone pain, hand pain. This problem is last 3 years.
I am losing hair quickly and have tried all shampoos but no effect yet. I am not sure what else can I do. Can you please help me with this?
I am having a few pimples and spots of pimples on face. I want a clear and glowing face. Please suggest any home remedy.
I am 19 yrs old female. I am becoming fat day by day and I lost little bit of hair on forehead day by day its increasing. what I have to do?
The techniques of skin treatments to make you look beautiful and younger have developed significantly over the past few decades and the newer methods are very successful. One of these method is laser resurfacing.
What is laser resurfacing?
Laser resurfacing is the technique of eliminating dead skin cells and tissue from the top layer of your skin and thus exposing a newer and younger layer of skin. Other techniques and methods that could be used to achieve the same are far more invasive procedures, such as face lifts or plastic surgery. Laser resurfacing has known benefits compared to other methods. Let's have a look at some of them.
Benefits of Laser resurfacing:
- Laser peels are way more effective at removing wrinkles: Laser resurfacing removes the wrinkles from the skin layer by layer and thus exposes newer skin more effectively and safely as compared to a lot of the other methods. It uses high energy laser beams to eliminate other problems on the skin such as scars, lines and sun damaged areas.
- Laser resurfacing tightens collagen: The collagen within the skin which makes it tighter is automatically increased after the laser resurfacing. Thus you don't have to take separate injections to tighten your skin as this procedure automatically results in it.
- This procedure is less invasive than others: Compared to other procedures, laser resurfacing is much less invasive. For example, facelift surgeries as well as plastic surgeries to make you look younger require extensive surgery which laser resurfacing doesn't.
- Healing time is quicker: Compared to all other procedures, laser resurfacing takes much less time in healing as the procedure is minimally invasive. In case of other forms of plastic surgeries, there is a much longer period of healing.
- It can even take care of acne scars: While laser resurfacing is primarily used to look younger, it can remove old scars like the ones caused by acne or pimples. Thus, it can remove year old scars while giving you beautiful and younger skin, all at the same time.
- It also stimulates the deeper layers of skin: This procedure also helps in stimulating deeper layers of skin cells and helps the skin become younger from much further down. This helps in making sure that the laser resurfacing effects stay for longer compared to other procedures.
While this procedure also takes some healing time, once the healing period is over, you will be very pleased to see the results. However, do your research and choose the best doctors and practitioners in your area as the quality of people administering the procedure also matters a lot. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
I have allergy at the starting place of my legs. The color of skin is also different at those areas. And if I scratch at that area skin will damage or crash (don't know exact word) at that area but blood will not come. What should I do.
I am loosing my hair's rapidly I tried everything like shampoos and oils but failed to get any output from that I am worried about my heavy hair loss can you suggest any ayurvedic or homeopathic medicine for me.
Doctor I am 18 and having hypothyroid from 3 months and since then I am having the problem of hair fall now even when I try to pluck the eyebrows one or two fall on my hand. N my hair's on the chest also r getting fallen. Can you please tell me is thyroid the actual reason for that? And anyway to prevent this?
Allergies or allergic reactions, are common occurrences which are caused by unnatural reactions between your body's immune system and foreign substances, which have gained access into the body. When these substances, known as allergens, enter your body, your immune system produces antibodies which are responsible for warding off unwanted substances like harmful viruses or diseases and helping in the body's overall resistance.
However, when your antibodies identify a particular allergen as harmful, when it really isn't, a reaction occurs which may lead to inflammation or infection of the skin, sinuses, the digestive tract and the respiratory tract, among others. Allergies usually differ from individual to individual and can vary from mild skin irritations to fatal life-threatening emergencies.
Symptoms of allergies depend upon a wide range of factors which are subjective and vary from person to person and from allergen to allergen. Depending upon the type of allergen involved and the nature of the allergy, symptoms may include any of the following:
- Running nose
- Severe itching
- Swollen or red and watery eyes
- Facial swelling
- Flaky skin which can peel off
These symptoms are common in mild to moderate allergies such as atopic dermatitis, hay fever, drug or food allergies. There are certain rare cases (say, scorpion stings), however, in which the allergic reaction turns out to be potentially life-threatening. This type of reaction is known as anaphylaxis. Here are its signs and symptoms:
- Intense shortness of breath
- Nausea and vomiting
- Loss of consciousness
- Skin rashes
- Weak pulse
- A significant drop in blood pressure
The main cause of allergies is the uncontrolled reaction between the immune system's antibodies and harmless allergens. Allergic reactions are triggered when antibodies, like histamine, come into contact with particular types of allergens. These may include:
- Airborne allergens - pollen, mold or dust mites
- Insect stings - bee stings or scorpion stings
- Certain eatables - peanuts or sea food
- Medications - penicillin or penicillin-based antibiotics
- Latex or other substances which are responsible for causing allergic skin reactions
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.