Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shalia KamraYour feedback matters!
Hello sir, due to infertility I have done my dthl surgery. In this surgery my right fallopine tube shows infected so it was removed by doctor. Can my pregnency chance increase after dthl operation. I have an irregular period from my bacholer time.
Losing weight is very difficult and for that you don't have to eat less or exercise more as it will not work. The quantity of calories is not taken into account, but it is only the quality of the calories that make a huge difference without the need of you going hungry. It is very necessary that your body is able to burn the calories you eat and in this way, you can lose weight. Eating few calories on a regular basis can result in malnutrition, nutrient deficiencies and in unhealthy weight loss.
Conditions That Occur due to under eating: By intake of few calories on day to day basis, our body system learns to live with smaller amount, and it slows down the metabolism of your body. The worst thing is that you even stop losing weight and feel irritated as well as sluggish on the diet you intake. The practice can be reversed, and it will not take much time for your body to recover and its metabolism to become better.
Long term intake of low diet can also put you at a higher risk of nutritional deficiency. As by eating less, the body does not get the necessary vitamins and minerals required for daily functioning.
To keep alive it is very important that a minimum blood-glucose level is maintained. If the blood glucose is less than required, a lot of stress can be created on your organs, and it would damage vital organs of your body.
It is very important that we develop positive food thoughts, and constant restriction can result in eating disorders like orthorexia and anorexia.
Opt For Healthy Eating:
- The simple and healthy way which you can start with to lose weight would be at first to make small changes like eliminating beverages that are sugary as well as replacing your diet with healthier choices.
- It is best to avoid unhealthier choices like eating muffins and donuts for breakfast. Instead, you should eat whole foods, oatmeal, eggs and fruit for breakfast.
- The basic rules that should be followed are that men should not eat above 1500 calories in a day, and women should not eat above 1200 calories in a day.
- It is best to focus on eating healthy food instead of calorie counting. The weight loss may be slow, but it would be stable and long-lasting.
The most important step that needs to be followed to lose weight effectively is to have a proper mindset and follow a healthy diet to achieve your goal.
My cousin is married from 3 years but dnt have baby till now and I am giving information about there this month scan. Scan shows that uterus is normal nulliparous/nongravid size and is anteverted and anteflexed in the midline. Myometrium is normal. Endometrium is unusually thin and the total combined thickness of both layers of endometrium is 2 mm. Both ovaries are very small and poorly visible and devoid of follicles. The right ovary is 20 mm×17 mm and left ovary is 16×8 mm and menses come only pills and I want to know that she can get pregnant in future with these complications plzzzz help usss and give us a fair solution.
We are trying for a baby. Every time it failed. I had pcod problem now I am having regular periods. Tried with follicular scanning. But no use.
I want to ask questions regarding my wife we were trying for pregnancy since last 2 months but the result is again periods we consult with doctor she do some scan and test and said there is lack of hormone and give some tablets for seven days again she call for visit and I asked for tablets to support pregnancy. So I just want to know this is normal or serious problem in my wife or I am working in gulf I have to go in next. So I have only 1 month with my wife is it possible to make her pregnancy in upcoming month. Pls. Suggest me Thanks in advance.
Bleeding during twin pregnancy in 18 th week in regular basis but small in quantity, 4-5 times/day, what is the remedy?
Would you please suggest me for my wife's pregnancy we both had tests and been using the medicine since 4 years. But there's no result. Would you please suggest us the successful pregnancy ways. Thanking you.
Hi, I am 23 years old girl and my question is related to sexual relationship after the marriage. As my body condition is not very good and weight is just 40 will the man satisfied with that if I decided to marry? Or do I need to delay marriage? As my family is compelling me to marry i am getting tensed whether the guy will be pleased with me or not? Please suggest me.
My girlfriend had her periods before a week. N today we had a no protection sex. But immediately after having sex I gave her an i-pill. So is there a chance go her getting pregnant?
Did you know your earphones are making you deaf? Here's how.
Fact: Roughly 1.1 billion people worldwide within the age group of 12-35 have been found to be at an increased risk of developing hearing problems.
Listening to loud music on handheld devices using earphones has become a common trend among youngsters these days. You might find it very relaxing to plug in your earphones and escape into your own world of music, but you need to know that this can cause serious damage to your ears. The worst part: you won't realise your ears are being damaged until it's too late.
So, exactly how is loud music damaging your ears?
Continuous exposure to loud music from earphones or other sources results in a medical condition known as Noise-Induced Hearing Loss (NIHL), which can be associated with irreversible damage to the ears resulting in deafness.
When you hear loud music for a considerable amount of time every day it affects your hair cells (nerve cells responsible for sending sound signals to the brain) negatively, so that their ability to respond to sound decreases. If this keeps on happening for many months, eventually the hair cells are damaged beyond repair. These cells cannot be regenerated, making you permanently deaf.
How loud is too loud?
If your ears are exposed to sounds at 95, 100, 105, 110 and 115 dB (decibel, the unit used for measuring sound) for 4 hours, 2 hours, 1 hour, 30 minutes and 15 minutes each day respectively, your ears are at risk of getting severely damaged. Also, playing music at 120 dB or above can damage your ears instantly. You can have a realistic idea about the relation between decibels and sounds you commonly hear by referring to this list:
- 30 dB: soft whisper
- 75 dB: busy traffic
- 90 dB: noise of a motorcycle at 25 feet
- 100 dB: noise of a farm tractor
- 140 dB: jet plane taking off
Moreover, if you experience the following symptoms regularly, there's a high chance that you need to get your ears treated soon:
- A ringing sound in your ears when you are at a quiet place, which vanishes after a few minutes
- You need to raise the volume of TV or music to the fullest to hear it properly
- You have difficulty in hearing people talking at a distance of just 3 feet
How can you prevent the risk of hearing impairment?
When you're using earphones, keep the volume low. Also, using in-ear headsets or noise reduction/cancellation earphones also helps as it lets you hear the music distinctly at lower volumes by cutting out background noise.
CHECK: You need to lower the volume of your music if the person sitting or standing beside you can hear the sound coming out of your earphones.
Related Tip: Why Do You Get an EAR Discharge?
I am 25 years old, student of BE Mechanical, I sleep everyday at 12pm and wake at morning 7am then I fresh, after I take my breakfast POHE only, then after one to two hour I am getting sleepy mood very strongly, this happens everyday, that's why I can't concentrate on my study, and I sleeped up to 12 to 1 pm, kindly tell me what is the reasons behind this SLEEPY matter, I hate this habit, and this problem will happened only in exam periods. Provide me medicine name or resolution. I don't have much money to go doctor and paid there consultant fees.
- Zika virus disease is caused by a virus transmitted by aedes mosquitoes.
- People with zika virus disease usually have a mild fever, skin rash (exanthema) and conjunctivitis. These symptoms normally last for 2-7 days.
- There is no specific treatment or vaccine currently available.
- The best form of prevention is protection against mosquito bites.
- The virus is known to circulate in africa, the americas, asia and the pacific.
Zika virus is an emerging mosquito-borne virus that was first identified in uganda in 1947 in rhesus monkeys through a monitoring network of sylvatic yellow fever. It was subsequently identified in humans in 1952 in uganda and the united republic of tanzania. Outbreaks of zika virus disease have been recorded in africa, the americas, asia and the pacific.
- Genre: flavivirus
- Vector: aedes mosquitoes (which usually bite during the morning and late afternoon/evening hours)
- Reservoir: unknown
Signs and symptoms
The incubation period (the time from exposure to symptoms) of zika virus disease is not clear, but is likely to be a few days. The symptoms are similar to other arbovirus infections such as dengue, and include fever, skin rashes, conjunctivitis, muscle and joint pain, malaise, and headache. These symptoms are usually mild and last for 2-7 days.
During large outbreaks in french polynesia and brazil in 2013 and 2015 respectively, national health authorities reported potential neurological and auto-immune complications of zika virus disease. Recently in brazil, local health authorities have observed an increase in zika virus infections in the general public as well as an increase in babies born with microcephaly in northeast brazil. Agencies investigating the zika outbreaks are finding an increasing body of evidence about the link between zika virus and microcephaly. However, more investigation is needed before we understand the relationship between microcephaly in babies and the zika virus. Other potential causes are also being investigated.
Zika virus is transmitted to people through the bite of an infected mosquito from the aedes genus, mainly aedes aegypti in tropical regions. This is the same mosquito that transmits dengue, chikungunya and yellow fever.
Zika virus disease outbreaks were reported for the first time from the pacific in 2007 and 2013 (yap and french polynesia, respectively), and in 2015 from the americas (brazil and colombia) and africa (cape verde). In addition, more than 13 countries in the americas have reported sporadic zika virus infections indicating rapid geographic expansion of zika virus.
Zika virus is diagnosed through pcr (polymerase chain reaction) and virus isolation from blood samples. Diagnosis by serology can be difficult as the virus can cross-react with other flaviviruses such as dengue, west nile and yellow fever.
Mosquitoes and their breeding sites pose a significant risk factor for zika virus infection. Prevention and control relies on reducing mosquitoes through source reduction (removal and modification of breeding sites) and reducing contact between mosquitoes and people.
This can be done by using insect repellent; wearing clothes (preferably light-coloured) that cover as much of the body as possible; using physical barriers such as screens, closed doors and windows; and sleeping under mosquito nets. It is also important to empty, clean or cover containers that can hold water such as buckets, flower pots or tyres, so that places where mosquitoes can breed are removed.
Special attention and help should be given to those who may not be able to protect themselves adequately, such as young children, the sick or elderly.
During outbreaks, health authorities may advise that spraying of insecticides be carried out. Insecticides recommended by the who pesticide evaluation scheme may also be used as larvicides to treat relatively large water containers.
Travellers should take the basic precautions described above to protect themselves from mosquito bites.
Zika virus disease is usually relatively mild and requires no specific treatment. People sick with zika virus should get plenty of rest, drink enough fluids, and treat pain and fever with common medicines. If symptoms worsen, they should seek medical care and advice. There is currently no vaccine available.
Who is supporting countries to control zika virus disease through:
- Define and prioritize research into zika virus disease by convening experts and partners.
- Enhance surveillance of zika virus and potential complications.
- Strengthen capacity in risk communication to help countries meet their commitments under the international health regulations.
- Provide training on clinical management, diagnosis and vector control including through a number of who collaborating centres.
- Strengthen the capacity of laboratories to detect the virus.
- Support health authorities to implement vector control strategies aimed at reducing aedes mosquito populations such as providing larvicide to treat standing water sites that cannot be treated in other ways, such as cleaning, emptying, and covering them.
- Prepare recommendations for clinical care and follow-up of people with zika virus, in collaboration with experts and other health agencies.
Notice the strange smell wafting in your kitchen? It's not your food... it is your refrigerator! Fridge is often one of the last places on our home cleaning list. We like to keep things in our kitchen shining and spotless but the inside of the fridge is a different story all together. The entire contents have to be emptied and at least half a day has to be dedicated to scrubbing and cleaning all the hidden corners, needless to say putting everything back and planning your day around the activity. As boring as it may seem, it is an important chore that you need to undertake at least once a month. Why? Because other than food, your fridge may be hosting some unwanted guests that may cause a lot of health problems for your family. Have a look:
1. Find out who hitched a ride into your fridge: Certain foods, like vegetables, chicken and meat which are not kept in a healthy environment when being sold can harbour some harmful bacteria. These will travel with your food into your fridge and even sometimes cause cross contamination. So give a good thought to what you are putting into your fridge to take your first step towards a healthy life.
2. Find the long lost items: We often put canned foods in the fridge to use for a later day. A lot of these items come with months of shelf life before the expiry date. But sometimes they get pushed back a little too much and we fail to notice that they may have passed their expiry date before use. We often tend to take a 'sniff' and 'taste' test for such items and if they seem fine, we use them anyway. When an item crosses its expiry date, be sure to throw it out. If it doesn't then use your best judgment. When in doubt, throw it out. It may be an on-off case to cause a harmful reaction.
3. Different foods different shelves: Your fridge is designed to hold different foods on different shelves. Raw meat and leftovers go on the bottom shelf, fruits and vegetables on top and cheese and canned items in the center. This allows them to stay closest to the temperature optimum for them.
4. Covert your fridge into your diet ally: Mid night cravings for ice cream, cakes, and other comfort foods can wreck havoc on your diet and health. Start by cleaning out your fridge and let go of the things that can get you into health trouble. Re-stock your fridge with healthy items stored in an attractive manner. Cut carrot sticks, bright fruits, and healthy green salads all stored in snack-able portions will eventually make you reach out for them over other foods.
5. Get your basics right: Your fridge should be under 40 F or 4 degrees. Give it a thorough cleaning every month with baking soda.
Want to know what you can put in your fridge to help you lose weight and gain health? Get a consultation today.
I am 25 years old female. I have give a birth to a baby boy in December after that I was having periods till one month but after that I am not having periods.
1. Drink lukewarm water
2. Daily green drink
3. Dry skin brushing
4.20 minutes physical activity
5. Stress less