Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shalia Kamra
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shalia KamraYour feedback matters!
A blood clot in the leg is termed as Deep Vein Thrombosis or DVT. This blood clot can be fatal, because it usually blocks the passage of blood to the heart by damaging the one way valves of the veins. This can also reach other organs like the lungs, in which situation the case becomes complicated and may also lead to death. There are various ways of preventing the onset of these clots. Follow these points to know more.
- Blood Thinners: Prolonged hospital stay and a major surgery like joint replacement can lead to blood clots in the legs or DVT. Therefore, it is imperative to ask your doctor about a prescription for blood thinners, which can help in better blood flow despite minimal motion in the legs or stiffness.
- Compressions Stockings: If you have been in the hospital for a prolonged period or suffering from leg paralysis, then the risk of blood clots is greater than most others. You can make use of compression stockings, which will help in preventing clots by holding the area tight so that the blood is forced to pump and flow. These should be used every time you are admitted to the hospital.
- Exercise: It is important to keep moving in case you are travelling in a long flight that is over four hours long. Also, you can try certain mild exercises, in case you have a long standing condition of pain or cramping in the leg muscles and joints. From simple toe flexes to muscle strengthening exercises like the heel or towel hook, you can ensure that the tightening action makes your muscle firm so that the blood clots do not have a chance to form. You may also need to lose weight in case you are overweight so that you can alleviate the risk of these clots.
- Water: Staying hydrated is something that we all need to follow in any case, but it is especially important if you are risk of developing blood clots in the legs. Drinking plenty of fluids is a natural way of thinning the blood, especially if you have been in bed or travelling for prolonged periods.
- Loose Fitting Clothing: You may want to wear loose fitting clothing when you are travelling or in the hospital so that you do not end up unnecessarily compressing an area in a way that will be detrimental for the blood flow there. Wearing loose clothing ensures that the blood flow carries on as per its normal routine without any blockages.
It is important to remember the above points so that you keep blood clots in the legs at bay.
When someone hits vagina with penis but does not actually insert it. Can the hymen be broken? And why is there so much abdominal pain after that?
If I sex with my partner during her period it is good for both please suggest me fast please I have done sex with her in period.
I'm 30, I had episiotomy 2 months back, I have some itching in the sutured area, sometimes little pain comes in that area, can you please suggest something for me.
Doctor prescribed me krimson 35, glycomet and folvite for pcod. I always take krimson 35 from the 5th day of period. I was on krimson from november and usually takes it after dinner (within 9-11, but not on exact time, I never missed any pill. My dec pill pack ended on 24th dec and on 25th dec partner rubs his unprotected genitals on my butt (he did not ejaculate and he went to toilet before the act. If there was precum and if it reaches my vagina will it lead to pregnancy? I got my periods from 28th dec-2nd jan. First and last days light. My January pill pack ended on 21st january and I got my menses on 25th january and it continued upto 29th. First and last light. My question is why this month period is 1 day shorter? Moreover m having breast pain sometimes. After 25th December there was no sex activity. Is their any chance of pregnancy? If I got withdrawal bleed 2 times? Is it implantation bleeding? Or my normal period?
Being childless can be a cause of depression for many families, especially women. Infertility in women has a large number of causes. One of the main causes is endometriosis and while a woman may not be aware of it, the pain of having it and its implications does make it worthwhile to know what it is all about! To understand fully what endometriosis is, it is essential to know about the fallopian tubes. These tubes are on either side of the uterus and their purpose is transfer a mature egg from the ovaries to the uterus.
How do Fallopian Tubes Get Blocked?
The uterus has a layer or tissue which lines it called the endometrium. If a woman does not become pregnant, each month, the tissue is shed through the process of menstruation. A condition called endometriosis is caused by the growth of a tissue which is more or less like the endometrium. The issue is that this layer does not grow on the inner walls of the uterus; instead, it grows in regions where it really is not supposed to be present, such as the cervix, the bladder and the vagina.
This can cause a lot of irritation, inflammation and in some cases, can also lead to the formation of scar tissue. However, endometriosis is not nearly the only issue that can occur when it comes to problems a woman can face with fallopian tubes. Another issue is something called hydrosalpinx. This happens when the fallopian tube widens because it is blocked. The prefix ‘hydro’ is because the tube then fills up with a fluid. This fluid prevents pregnancy as it prevents the egg from meeting with the sperm and being fertilised.
Schedule a visit with your doctor
When it comes to the diagnosis of the condition of fallopian tubes which are blocked, a doctor will usually examine a special type of X-ray which is known as an HSG. However, the reliability of this test is far from sure as there is about a 15 per cent chance that a false positive may be generated.
There are some solutions, for problems regarding fallopian tubes. When a single tube is blocked and the other is functioning perfectly, there is still a reasonable chance of getting pregnant and a doctor can prescribe drugs to improve the chances of pregnancy using the tube which is functional.
Laparoscopic surgery also has quite a lot of appeal for women having blocked fallopian tubes. It is used to open blocked tubes as well as to clean out scar tissue. Depending on how severe the block is, a 20-40% pregnancy rate can be achieved post-surgery. IVF treatment is also a viable option. Fallopian tube trouble can generally be overcome. But the first step is awareness! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am married. I have 2 years old child. I have thyroid and thin wall right ovarian cyst measuring 80*60 MM. Do I need to do operation for cyst or it is curable my medicine. Please help me.
Diabetes has always been a mysterious home to many diseases. It reduces quality of erection. However, there are ways you can enhance your love life, by involving some strategies, such as:
- Approach sex like exercise: This helps prevent dreaded blood sugar lows.If you use insulin, check your blood sugar before sex and have a snack if it's low.
- Just go with it: Planning can be helpful, but don't sweat it if sex just happens.There's no reason not to grab the opportunity if it pops up just because you haven't followed your diabetes exercise routine.
- Use a lubricant: If you are a woman with vaginal dryness, a vaginal lubricant can make sex feel better. Ask your doctor about using one regularly, not just during sex.
- Prepare a sex arsenal kit: Keep anything you might need for optimal sex next to the bed.If you're a woman, you may want to have a lubricant in your kit. Feel free to include massage oils.
- Get a room: Treat yourself and your partner to a night at a local hotel.It's a great libido enhancer.Plan it days in advance.It's planning, but it's planning something fun.
- Get in some practice: If you are a man who uses a device like a vacuum pump or constriction band to help with erectile dysfunction, take time to learn how to use it right.
- Creativity is sexy: If you have trouble getting aroused, stretch beyond your go-to bedroom moves. Try out new positions. Explore different ways to climax. Most women don't climax from intercourse alone, anyway. Some men can have an orgasm from prostate stimulation.
- Limit alcohol: A little alcohol may boost your desire, but drinking can also make your blood sugar level drop quickly. If you drink alcohol, you might sip some champagne during intimacy.
- Get help for emotional issues: Depression, anxiety, poor self-image, and other emotional concerns can hurt your sex life. And if you have a partner, sex troubles can put stress on your relationship.
- Relax: How you feel about your diabetes can set the stage for sex. With diabetes, you have to expect the unexpected.
You can think of a formula in your mind for better,increased, steamier sex life.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!