Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shalabh Kaushik
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Shalabh KaushikYour feedback matters!
Hi I have bumps at back of mouth, 1 really sore ulcer or little bump on side of tongue, tongue feels little tingly and like it's burnt and I hve one crack line on lips. Some one I asked is a ex GP and they think it's oral thrush so I got fungal gel for it but it's not clearing up 5 days into treatment. What could this be?
My mouth has come. I mean I have redness in my whole mouth and can't eat properly. What should I do?
Hello, I am 34 y old male and I have a dry mouth for last 4 months. When I drink water after 30 minute I need to water. What should I do?
Sir My Question is related with mouth .sir mai mouth ki chhale se bahot paresaan hu Aksar ye 1 month me 4-5 baar ho jata hai. Sir ishka main reason kya ho sakta hai. Sir If possible hai to koyi Gharelu Upaay bataiye. Plzz.
Hello sir, I have broke one of my teeth but here is no pain and no bleeding. And my age is 21.6 years. what I ll do?
Diabetes is a degenerative disease, which affects your metabolism. As a result of metabolic irregularities, every part of the body is affected. The following are early indications of untreated diabetes:
- Increased thirst
- Increased urination
- Increased hunger
In addition to the ones above, the following are associated symptoms:
- Blurred vision
- Slow healing of cuts
- Itchy skin
How can diabetes affect your mouth?
- Diabetes increases the risk of infections and delayed regeneration of damaged/dead cells. As a result, fungal infections like thrush may develop in your mouth.
- Because of poor healing of wounds as a result of diabetes, extensive gum damage may occur.
- Periodontitis is a severe effect of diabetes in which your gums begin to move away from your teeth, leading to a formation of pockets between your gums and teeth, which fill up with pus and germs. The damage can be stopped only with gum surgery and removal of affected teeth.
The single most effective way to prevent damage to your teeth is to actively control blood sugar content by regularly taking medicines and following a healthy diet recommended by your doctor. Common methods of dental protection go a long way to help prevent oral problems because of diabetes. These include:
- Brush thoroughly and carefully after every meal (wait 30 minutes for food acids to neutralize, and then brush as this helps in effective cleaning)
- Use non-alcoholic mouthwash to treat dry mouth and disinfect the oral cavity
- Floss at least once everyday
- Use a soft bristled toothbrush
- Remove your dentures and clean them regularly. Do not sleep putting them on
- Quit smoking, chewing tobacco and chewing gums with sugar in them