Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shakuntala Naglot
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Shakuntala NaglotYour feedback matters!
I am 29 year old female. I always have blocked nose through out the day but it becomes severe in the morning when I wake up. Even if I take medications it is of no use as the problem becomes less severe but is not solved completely. Because of this I am not able to do yoga/ breathing exercises as I also want to rd due weight. I am 62 kgs and my height is 5'1" Please advise.
I am having a strange feeling of cold and minty sensations in the back of my throat since a week. It started a day after taking alcohol and a heavy dinner a week back. When I woke up in the morning I felt a minty cold sensation in the back of my throat leading towards my stomach. Its been a week now and its still there as it is. I felt the same sensation a year before but it went away automatically. But this time its persistent and irritating. Sir I am suffering with acid reflux from a long time. It comes by and goes off so many times in a year. I felt the same cold sensation 15 days back but it went away after taking omeprazole for 3-4 days. I have been advised an ENT to take pantoprazole, domperidone combination, Sucralfate suspension and levocetirizine and montekulast tablets after diagnosing oesophageal inflammation. No improvement so far, kindly advise are these medications appropriate or do I need a different prescription. I am an active cyclist and cycle for 32 km alternate day and visit Gym 4 days a week.
Sir I am 38 years old. I have been detected right horizontal canal bppv. My right ear is affected my doctor advised me doing some maneuver. But after some days near about 10 to12 days I suddenly feel vertigo while laying on bed on left side. Please explain. How many days should I follow the maneuver.
Infection is generally understood as the invasion into the body tissues by certain foreign bodies, such as bacteria, parasite and virus. They are transmissible diseases and can be transmitted from one person to the other via sneezing, coughing or physical contact. They can be mild, moderate or severe.
- They can be acute that is can last for a short time or chronic that lasts for a long time or a latent infection that may not cause any symptoms at first but reactivates and resurfaces over a period of time.
- Although each infection has its own distinct symptom, generally these symptoms include fever, swelling, redness, inflammation, burning, cough, diarrhea, fatigue, muscular pain, nausea, vomiting, rapid pulse or rapid breathing.
- If the patient has severe headache, difficulty in breathing, painful swelling, and unexplained prolonged fever or cough, he or she should immediately consult a doctor.
Conventional drugs that are given to treat infections like antibiotics, antiviral, antihistamines and steroids have many side effects on the human body . They, on one hand hampers the digestive power of the system and on the other hand lower the immunity power of the body. In the long run, these medicines can have adverse effects on the body. Though conventional drugs suppress the disease for some time, the disease tends to resurface in future.
However, Homeopathy has been found to be a great success in treating both acute and chronic infections. The best part is that, there are no side effects of this treatment and the disease is cured permanently. Homeopathy also boosts our immune system so that the body naturally develops the strength to fight against infections in future, when foreign bodies invade. Homeopathic medicines have also proved to be effective as preventive measures against infections.
Some of the homeopathic medicines for the treatment of most common infections are discussed below:
- Throat infections: Belladonna, Lachesis, Lycopodium, Phytolacca, and Mercurius are most commonly administered to cure throat infections.
- Skin infection: Common homeopathic remedies are Sulphur, Calendula, Hypericum, Silica, and Hepar sulfuris.
- Bladder infection: Berberis, Chimaphila, Hydrastis, Apis, Cantharis, and Sarsaparilla are commonly prescribed.
- Stomach infection: Arsenic album, Nux vomica, Carbo veg, Lycopodium, and Pulsatilla are commonly recommended
- Sinus infection: Kali bichromicum, Pulsatilla, Mercurius, Natrum muriaticum, and Allium cepa work well in cases of sinus infections.
Note: Although, the names of the medicines have been mentioned here, still it is strongly recommended that no medicine should be consumed without consulting a homeopathic doctor. The potency and dosage of the medicine will vary from person to person and can only be decided by a trained practitioner.