Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shakuntala DavesarYour feedback matters!
I am 49 yrs male I have gastric problem I am using antacid IT capsules and I have hemorrhoid problem I am talking cream diet supplement, can it cured with this medicine? Please give me advice.
Sir earlier I didn't know about masturbation that it may reduce my sex time. Now I am facing this problem. And my sperm is also becoming liquid. Please help sir.
I am 30 yrs age. I am suffering from liver problem due to hepatitis B and the AFP values are more and that jaundice is from 6 months plss tell me what to do.
I have cold about 2 months which cannot stopped I also used different types of medicine, doctor say that this symptom of allergy, also doctor say this diseases stop after long time. Please help me.
Lupus, romantically named after the wolf, is a very dangerous disease that can often be fatal, and when it isn’t, it makes the sufferers’ life pretty much unlivable. Lupus is an autoimmune disease wherein the body’s immune system becomes hyperactive and attacks normal, healthy tissues, thereby causing symptoms like inflammation, swelling, and damage to the joints, skin, kidneys, blood, the heart and lungs.
Signs you are suffering from lupus!
- Out of proportion and persistent fatigue: This is the most common sign of lupus. Almost 90% of patients experience it, according to a research.
- Slight to high fever: Low grade fever due to no justifiable cause can be another sign of lupus. The fever usually comes and goes. Talk to your doctor if you experience this symptom as this could be a sign of inflammation, infection, or imminent flare-up of the disease.
- Thinning of hair: Thinning of the hair is often one of the first signs of lupus due to inflammation of the skin and scalp. Some people have hair coming out in clumps while others just have a less alarming thinning of the hair symptoms. Lupus can make hair feel dry and brittle. Doctors call this ‘lupus hair’.
- Unexplained skin rash called malar rash: Also called the butterfly rash, it appears on the cheek and the bridge of the nose. 50% of patients get this rash. It can appear suddenly or after exposure to the sun. Usually it appears just before a flare-up of lupus.
- Chest pain which increases with breathing: The lungs and the blood vessels in them become inflamed. This makes breathing difficult and can also cause chest pains when you breathe. The lung size can also shrink due to lupus, causing shortness of breath.
- Painful, stiff or swollen joints: Inflammation due to lupus can cause pain, stiffness, and swelling in your joints, particularly in the morning.
- Blood in urine: This happens due to inflammation of the kidneys or nephritis, which causes swelling in legs and feet and high blood pressure (BP). If lupus is not treated, you can also die of end stage renal disease.
- Persistent loss of appetite: Lupus causes acidity and indigestion and loss of appetite.
- Thyroid problems: Patients develop an autoimmune thyroid disease which can cause both weight loss and gain. The thyroid helps control your body’s metabolism and if it doesn’t function properly, it can affect vital organs like your brain and heart.
- Dry eyes and dry mouth: Some lupus patients develop Sjogren’s syndrome, another autoimmune disorder. This causes malfunctioning of glands responsible for tears and saliva in our body, hence your eyes may feel dry and your mouth will also remain dry.
Lupus is unpredictable and patients often suffer flares, or active symptoms of the disease, followed by periods of normalcy. Because the signs of this disease are so general, it’s easy to miss them; so, if you have been getting even three symptoms of lupus, it’s time to see a doctor.