Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shakun TyagiYour feedback matters!
Know how Knee and Back injuries can be treated
My name is Amin Khan, physiotherapist. My working area is Bandra West, Kurla West and Powai Area. Now we are here to discuss about the most common injuries of the body like back injuries and knee injuries. Nowadays, the most common injuries can be treated at home with exercises. We are discussing here about home remedies to treat back and knee injuries.
For back injury, we can start with the first exercises. Lift your hip for 5 seconds, then release. Then straighten your legs up and down. Bend your knee towards your chest and hold that position for five seconds and release. After the exercises you can try stand up exercises and side to side bending of your hip. These exercises are helpful in reliveing pain of your minor injuries. If these exercises are not helpful, you can try other exercises. Start by the ankle toe movement and slowly press down and put the towel under the knee and hold for five seconds. Contract your muscles and then release. Then, lift one knee and press for few seconds on top of your knee and then release. You can do the same movement for your right leg. Ice, compression and elevation can help reduce the pain of knee injuries.
For more information, you can contact me on Lybrate.
My wife has cesarean delivery 2 months earlier. Her period is not yet start. So what should I do for safe sex. We do not want baby for 3 years. Advice appropriately.
Good afternoon, I am Dr. Puneet Kocchar. I am a consultant gynecologist and a fertility specialist at Elixir Fertility Center, New Delhi. Today I will be talking about Recurrent miscarriages and abortions.
A positive pregnancy test is a very exciting news not only for the couple but for the entire family. However, sometimes there is a miscarriage and the chances of miscarriage in the normal pregnancy are about 10-15%. If you have had only one miscarriage, then the chances that you will carry on till term without requiring any medical extensive treatment in your next pregnancy are nearly 80% or more. For women who have had only one miscarriage, we will not recommend going for extensive testing or treatment.
What is recurrent abortion or recurrent miscarriage?
If a lady has had 3 or more repeated abortion, it is called recurrent abortions. Even these days we start doing test and treatment if a lady has had 2 abortions and we do not wait for third one to occur.
So, why does an abortion occur?
In simple terms, either it is a fetus, that is, an embryo is not normal or the womb which is going to carry the pregnancy has some problems in it. What happens to a fetus if you are carrying a genetically abnormal baby, that can lead to miscarriage. It is nature's way to take care of the pregnancy and not letting the abnormal baby come into life. So, we do tests called genetic tests to check the chromosomic make up of a baby. They can be done on the products of conception. We also recommend that we have complete parental care, that is the blood test of both mom and dad to check the both of the chromosomal content.
Sometimes, in2-5%of the cases, there is balanced chromosomal translocation. Now this translocation will not cause any problem to the person who is guiding translocation. But when you produce an egg or the sperm, the embryo can be abnormal and this will lead to a miscarriage.
What happens to a person carrying a translocation?
If you are carrying a translocation which is leading to repeated miscarriages, it is better to plan IVF cycle along with PGD or PGS rather than normal conception.
IVF is where we create an embryo using the eggs from the lady and sperm from the husband. When the embryo is ready, we take a small biopsy and we subject it to test and a complete chromosomal analysis. And once the results are back, the normal embryo is transferred back into the lady's womb resulting in healthy pregnancy. This is one factor that we just addressed.
The second factor that we talked about is abnormalities in the womb. Now, simple test to analyze hormonal balance from the blood taken from the lady will tell us about thyroid status, diabetes, abnormal prolactin. These are all hormones which if are elevated or below the range can lead to abortions. THis can all be treated by giving oral tablets. So, these are important to be tested for any women having recurrent abortions.
- Then we look into other factors such as autoimmune problems which are very common, occurring in about 20% of the patients. During pregnancy, we advise you to take low dose aspirin tablets and low molecular weight hampering injections for the entire duration of pregnancy. And this results in more than 60% successful pregnancies.
- Another important factor that leads to abortion, which is Thrombophilias. THese are inherited problem which increases the tendency of blood to clot. Since the blood flow to the uterus is not occurring properly, you might again need blood gain agents such as aspirin.
- Some of the other common factors are an anatomical factor. So, if the uterus or a womb is carrying a fibroid can also lead to abortions. Now, these can be easily diagnosed by doing an ultrasound either 2-dimensional or 3- dimensional. If such a problem is present, we can treat it by doing a hysteroscopic procedure.
- Another important factor that leads to Abortion, especially in our part of the country, that is North India, is Tuberculosis. This is one of the commonest cause of miscarriages especially in our part of the country. It can be tested by doing Biopsy. Take a small amount of tissue from the uterus and check whether the lady is carrying Tuberculosis or not. It can be treated by giving oral medication of tuberculosis that has to be taken for the period of 6-9 months.
- Another common cause is the imbalance of Th1 or Th2 cytokines. These are the cytokines present in the uterus which may not let the embryo or the pregnancy to grow. And if these are found to be positive, we recommend Immunomodulation.
So, these are the various causes due to which a lady can have an abortion. An important thing here is do not loose hope and do not give up treatment. If you have had 2-3 abortions, you need to get complete panel of tests done and with the help of a treatment, you have 60% of the chance to deliver a baby normally.
If you wish to consult me, please contact me through Lybrate or you can visit my clinic directly.
My friend is having a girl child and recently he was about to have a another baby, he was a boy. But unfortunately boy couldn't make it, he died in foetus. Can this be considered as a problem that boy can not sustain life and only girls can. What should be done in this case.
Hlo Dr. I am 22 years old. I have done a sex on june 4 with my partner and after doing that I have periods after 15 to 16 days and again in july month I also had periods but utna flow nhi tha jitna june mein sex k 15 din baad hua tha. Aur ab august month hai aur mujhr periods abi aane hain agr aaye to may be 18 -19 tk aa jayeinge. But mujhe aisa lgta hai k main pregnant hu mera pet b thoda fulla sa lgta hai aur mujhe kuch solid sa b lgta hai aise jaise pet mein kuch aur hai b naabhi k aas paas hi aur aur lette tym pet ki shape change c ho jaati hai. Please Dr. mujhe btaiye k kya sach mein main pregnant hu ya ye mera veham hai. Please Dr. Suggest me something please.
My wife is now pregnant from 5 month, But when at 2 month her weight was 47 & at now her weight also 47 kg. So please give a suggestion.
Is it possible to have sex with my wife during pregnancy. If so up to which month should we do have sex. It is safe to her and health. Please tell us the precautions.
I am 20 years old my period date was 26 april but it didn't come on the day so on the same day I had unprotected sex and next day I took pills but my period is not come so what I do suggest me.
Hi I am 26 weight 70 height 5'2 I am suffering PCOD problem from last 4 year how can cure suggest me please.
Myself and my fiance does not want any child for four years after marriage. So which is the best contraceptive pills to avoid pregnancy and with less side effects?
An idle mind is a devil’s workshop. When there is too much time on your hands with nothing to do, you end up thinking about things which are not going well, leading to depression. Come to think of it, if there is nothing that you can do to improve it, there is no point wasting time over it. On the other hand, if there is something to improve the situation, just go ahead and do it, so everybody involved is happy. However, if there are too many other factors which are beyond control, then you need to see how to change your outlook towards it.
One such effective way is to keep yourself busy and distract yourself from it. The following are some simple measures, which can be very effective in dealing with stress.
- Sleep it off: One of the main reasons for depression is the physical exhaustion and lack of good rest. So, it is good once in a while to just sleep it off and give your body the much deserved rest. This gives the brain a chance to begin to heal and feel better.
- Clean up the house: The home or the space you enter into indirectly indicates your state of mind. A clean home and workspace means that much less clutter in the brain. Clean out the closet, give away your old stuff, and in the process, you would end up feeling good about having helped somebody. You will also realize how much excess stuff you have collected over the years. Stacked up in the attic and cartons, these were meant for use on “some fine day”, which never seemed to arrive.
- Exercise: Force yourself to exercise. While initially it would be an ordeal, gradually you will enjoy it. Exercise also releases chemicals in the brain, which make you feel good about yourself. In addition, the physical benefits will start to show up, leaving you feeling elated and in a chirpier mood.
- Travel: When you go solo traveling, the amount of time you spend with yourself just increases. The changed surroundings will help you understand yourself better and come to terms with things that can be under your control. You learn to let go of things and come to terms with life. If time and money are limitations, go out and explore places in your own surrounding city or town. You will realize how little you know the city or town you live in.
- Hobbies: Whether it is learning to play guitar or speak Spanish, pick something that you have always wanted to do over the years and work at it. You will see the depression vanish in no time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.
Broccoli’s demand as well as availability has increased a lot in India since past few years. It is one super food which is packed with highest nutritional value. It can be made into soups, salads or tossed with other vegetables.
5 Health reasons to have broccoli regularly.
1) Anti-Cancer Properties - Cruciferous vegetables are nutrition powerhouses and broccoli is one of them. It lowers the risk of lung and colon cancer. The compound called sulforaphane, which gives the bitter taste to broccoli and other cruciferous vegetables is what is believed to give this vegetable the power to fight cancer. Broccoli also contains folate which is known to decreases chances of breast cancer in women.
2) Bone Health - Broccoli has high content of vitamin K which is good for bone health. One can get more than their daily requirement of vitamin K in just a cup of chopped broccoli.
3) Glowing Skin - Broccoli has vitamin C which is ideal for fighting skin damages caused due to pollution and sun, and takes care of overall texture of the skin.
4) Good Digestion - Broccoli has natural fiber which assists in preventing constipation, lowers the risk of colon cancer and helps maintain a healthy digestive tract.
5) Immunity building - Broccoli included in your regular diet ensures a boost to your immune system. Also present in it are magnesium and calcium which help regulate blood pressure.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
We had our 3rd child 4 months back. We want to do family planning. Can you please tell us whether it is better for husband or for wife to undergo the surgery.
Hi doc. I'm 25 yrs, 112 kgs, 155 cm height. I have PCOD, got continuous bleeding over 3 months, and have taken medications. My doc advised me to undergo Bariatric surgery. But I'm very much confused and depressed about doing surgery and all. I'm not interested too. And one Doctor advised me to follow Paleo diet or a good protein diet for weight loss. I need a true guidance in this moment, I'm really very much worried and depressed about my body. Please doc help me.
My wife is thyroid patient. Her blood test result T3 - 1.41 T4- 8.81 T. S. H- 0.53 She is taking tyrox 100 mg We got married just four months before. Now we want a child. So is there any problem for her in getting pregnancy at this time. Is there any problem in 100 mg? Can it cause abortion? Medicine was prescribed by a doctor. She is losing her hair also. Please help.
1. Important Myths And Facts About Sex During Menstruation
Having Sex During Periods Can Lead To Pregnancy
Fact: Although the chances of you getting pregnant if you have sex during periods are minimal, it pays to be extra cautious and be safe every time you opt for sex, even during periods. Another thing that needs to be noted here is that sperm can survive inside the human body for a few days. And in case you have unprotected sex during periods and ovulate early, your chances of getting pregnant increase manifold.
2.Menstrual Blood Is Harmful For The Penis
Fact: A common, misplaced notion among women is that menstrual blood is dirty fluid that carries infections and other impurities. And so it could be harmful for the penis, should it come in contact with the same.
The truth is that menstrual blood is not at all considered impure and is in fact just a mixture of healthy blood and tissues that the body does not need (these line the uterus for pregnancy and are shed every month when the periods pass). So coming in contact with this blood would not harm the penis in any way.
3.Sexual Intercourse During Periods Can Harm The Uterus
Fact: Every month when your periods occur, a small opening develops in the uterus to pass menstrual blood. The common notion is that this opening is large and having sex during periods can cause the penis to poke into the hole and injure the uterus. This is not possible at all as the opening would be too small for the penis to enter. And so, there is absolutely no harm to the uterus if you have sex during your menstrual cycles.
4.Sex During Periods Can Cause Aids And Other Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
Fact: There is no way you can contract AIDs via sex unless one of the partners is HIV infected. If you have unprotected sex with an individual who is HIV positive, chances are you will get infected as well, be it during your menstrual cycles or after.
The same goes for Sexually Transmitted Diseases. As mentioned earlier, menstrual blood is nothing but a mixture of normal blood and tissues that line the uterus. And so it would not contain any infections, impurities or agents that can cause STDs.
However, if you or your partner already has STD then the chances of the infection spreading would be greater. So make it a point to use a condom during sex, even during periods.
5. Sex During Periods Can Offer Relief From Menstrual Cramps And Excessive Bleeding
Fact: To an extent this is correct. Sex during periods can relieve women of menstrual cramps owing to the fact that orgasms can stimulate the release of certain chemicals in the body which can reduce pain. Again, sex during menstruation can reduce pain by using up the chemicals called prostaglandins which are responsible for menstrual cramps.
Having sex during periods can also stop excessive menstrual bleeding (in terms of the number of days). This does not necessarily mean that the blood stays inside the body. Rather, sexual intercourse would cause the uterus to contract and expand faster, thereby propelling the fluid and tissue out of the body faster. Therefore, there are strong chances for your periods to stop earlier than expected although you can expect heave flow during the initial days.
My periods date was on 24th. N today is 27 I am having cramps but no periods yet! I had sex on 8th of April n took ipill. I had bleeding after two days bt it was reddish brown n lasted fr two days. N after 24th of April I am feeling lyk periods will cum but. I am having cramps n vomiting sensation only.
A romantic relationship needs your dedication, devotion, and a lot of attention so it can blossom and grow strong. On the contrary, a lot of us take our relationship with our partners for granted, people don’t dedicate and pay attention to what they are sharing or expressing and are usually judgemental or even accusatory towards their partners.
Unfortunately, today’s couple is more at risk of damaging their beautiful relationship due to “phubbing”, a merging of the words “phone” and “snubbing”.
Phubbing occurs when your partner ignores you or is distracted from the conversation because of his or her phone. While phubbing can often happen innocently, such as checking Facebook at the dinner table, the constant use of smartphones in the presence of a romantic partner can undermine the relationship—making it feel as if someone’s partner is choosing their phone over them.
According to a recent American survey result, 46% of the participants had experienced Phubbing from their significant other, and 27% of the respondents disclosed that phubbing caused problems in their relationship. Not only did the study find that phubbing was affecting relationship security, but participants who reported being phubbed were also more likely to have depression and overall low life satisfaction.
Why phubbing is creating problems in romantic relationships?
a. The time spent on smartphones reduces the amount of meaningful time spent with your partner.
b. The actual act of phubbing is one of the factors of couple arguments and fights, therefore creating less satisfaction in the relationship.
It is inevitable that we use our phones in front of our romantic partners, but making time for distraction-free communication is the key to strengthening your relationship with your partner. Remember your new Facebook or Twitter updates, new emails, Whatsapp pings, all of this can wait and most of them are generally forwarded messages and don't deserve your immediate/continuous attention at the cost of hurting and making your loved one feel ignored and/or less important.