Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shakun Tyagi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shakun TyagiYour feedback matters!
Kidney is a crucial detoxifying organ that performs a lot of functions including, absorption of minerals, filtration of blood and production of hormones and urine. It also helps your body to maintain a healthy pH level. Since kidney failure can prove to be fatal, it is essential to keep it healthy, to ensure smooth functioning of your system.
The following are the tips to ensure the health of your kidneys:
- Adequate intake of water: It is advised to drink a minimum of 8 glasses of water daily, to help your kidneys function properly. Adequate intake of water ensures that your body is able to flush out the harmful toxins at regular intervals. However, in case if you are already suffering from kidney disease, this point is not applicable.
- Control your blood pressure and blood sugar level: Diabetes is one of the major causes of kidney failure. It is recommended to control your blood sugar level on a regular basis to ensure healthy functioning of your kidney. People who have high level of blood sugar and blood pressure are more susceptible to suffer from kidney disorders.
- Quit tobacco: Accumulations of toxins in your body tend to have a harmful impact not only your kidneys, but also on your overall health. It is strictly recommended to quit smoking and use other forms of tobacco to protect your kidneys from damage.
- Reduce weight: Obesity and the problem of excessive body fat are harmful for your body in more ways than one. Being overweight makes you more susceptible to develop kidney cancer. Therefore, it is advisable to lose a few kilos to ensure the proper functioning of your kidneys.
- Avoid intake of analgesics without prescription: Most analgesics have the tendency to be harsh on your kidneys. Ingestion of analgesics increases your risk of developing kidney cancer. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) like aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen and acetaminophen are some of the analgesics, which are known to affect your kidneys in the long term. Therefore, it is necessary to avoid taking them without consulting a doctor.
- Include healthy food in your diet: If you increase the intake of green vegetables in your diet, it will help your body to accelerate the process of detoxification. Fruits and vegetables including watermelon, cranberries, blueberries, strawberries, apples, cabbage, cauliflower, peppers, garlic and onions provide considerable aid in removing the toxins out of your system. However, in case if you are already suffering from kidney disease, this point is not applicable.
From how many days egg will release after menses came? While in menses period isn't good to participate in sex?
I am having irregular periods since I have started my stay in hostel. Sometimes I get my periods twice in a month and during some months I don't have any flow. What should I do?
I have a blood flowing with my urine and have pain in my left abdomen for past 3 months what is the cause, I am 23 years old.
Natural fast food is good for health, said Padma Shri, Dr B C Roy National Awardee & DST National Science Communication Awardee, Dr K K Aggarwal.
Natural fast food consists of eating fruits, vegetables, milk products, sprouts and sattu. On the contrary, unnatural fast food, also called as junk food, is bad for the health of the heart as it is made up of refined ?bad? carbohydrates and either animal ?bad? fat or trans fats.
Sattu is a grounded roasted powder of soaked pulses and cereals. It is consumed along with fruit slices, gur or milk. Green chili, lemon juice and salt can be added to add flavor.
The commonest form of sattu is grounded roasted black gram or chana. Other common variety is grounded roasted black gram with barley.
Originally, sattu was made of seven Anaja (7 cereals, millets and pulses). The seven ingredients are maize and barley (cereals), black gram, pigeon gram or Arhar, green pea, kesari dal and kulath dal (pulses).
Sattu is a high fiber diet with low sugar producing properties. It is a cooling and refreshing fast food with anti-diabetic and anti-obesity properties.
It is a full breakfast, mid day or lunch meal and has minerals and vitamins.
Sattu drink can be sweetened by adding gur or honey, sour by adding lemon and salted by adding black or rock salt. Roasting is one of the best forms of cooking. Sattu is both a fast food and a soft drink for the summer but healthy.
The so-called energy drinks available in the market are harmful as they contain three times the caffeine content of coffee or tea.
Hi Sir, Much of the sperm coming out from vegina after removing penis. Does effect on pregnancy. Please suggest.
Think Diwali and you can’t help but think of firecrackers. The festival of lights is synonymous with the bursting of firecrackers all night long. But stop a minute to think: are burning firecrackers really good for your health? The answer would be a resounding ‘No!’ Bringing out the fireworks is not only bad for the environment, the old and the infirm, and the animals all around, but it is also bad for you. Here are 5 deadly effects of firecrackers on your health that perhaps we tend to ignore every Diwali!
1. Harmful for your ears: First and foremost, you can’t deny the loud booms and bangs of firecrackers; and considering the trend these days, the louder the better. An average human being can bear noise levels of up to a maximum of 85 decibels. Sound produced by firecrackers can go as high as 140 decibels! That’s way beyond what human ears can handle, and such high levels can cause hearing impairments and even permanent ear damage. Increased heartbeat and high blood pressure are other things you can suffer from due to excessively high noise levels.
2. Injuries and burns: This is something you do know. A lot of burns and injuries take place due to unsafe practices used while bursting firecrackers. Burns on the hands and legs are pretty common, especially among children. In fact, in some serious cases a misfired rocket or a chocolate bomb can lead to massive fires, which is, needless to say, definitely not good for you and your health.
3. Respiratory and skin troubles: When you launch the fireworks one after the other, you give rise to excessive smoke. This smoke contains miniscule metallic particles, which produce very dense and foggy smog. A lot of road accidents take place because of this obstruction in visibility. The chemicals in this smog are specifically harmful for those suffering from asthma and other respiratory diseases. In fact, these chemicals can also give rise to skin rashes, sinusitis, eye infections, headaches and chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases (COPD). Children and pregnant women seem to fall into the high-risk zones.
4. Stomach Problems: While lighting firecrackers, or by simply holding them in your hands, your body absorbs the chemicals they are composed of. Even washing hands is not enough to get rid of these hazardous chemicals entirely. Minute traces of these are left in your hands, which are ingested while you have your meals. This can lead to indigestion, and other digestive problems. Even the water you consume becomes tainted with the pollution in the air at this time of the year, making it unfit for consumption.
5. Other health hazards: Nausea and mental impairment, and even heart attack are some of the other things that can happen to you while indulging in the fireworks fun. Sleeping disturbance is another common problem faced at this time of the year. The loud noise gives rise to sleepless nights for many, and results in fatigue the next day.
Before watching the sparkles, colours and magical lights of fire crackers this Diwali, be sure to ask yourself, is it really worth it?
WISH YOU A HAPPY AND SAFE DIWALI!
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.