Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Shakti SharmaYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 27 year old. I have taken i-pill on 16/05/2015. My weight has increased now. Since I am undergoing weight loss session. Please tell me weather is it becauae of i-pill? and how long this effect will persist?
My wife has delivered baby in August. Her last period was on 8th November. Since then she is not having period. What may be the reason. We have intercourse few time but with safety.
My wife used mensoon tablets for 2 days as 3 per day. Bt there is no any reaction about that tablets. When ll she get her periods. She had stopped the tablets 5 days back.
I am 23 yrs old. I have been suffering from irregular periods since 4 years. I took a numerous medication including allopathy, ayurvedic and homeopathy. After taking the medicines I get my regular periods for the next month. Then again the problem of not getting periods for 2 to 3 months continues. Instead I get more of white discharge. I was advice to exercise on a regular basis. I did everything but the problem is still persisting. What should I really do? Please help me.
Actually i'm not virgin and i'm getting married after 2 year I have done sex 9 times in every month for about a year and now I do not do anything for year as I am getting married after 2 year so will my husband come to know that I am not virgin I have listen that virgin girls also do not have hymen in many cases so not does my husband get to know that I have done sex before tell me clearly as I am doing anything for 2 years till my marriage.
Sir, I am 46 yrs old, weighing 67, 5-6'tall. Feeling obess, very tired, severe back ache, burning sensation in both foots, very disturbed for tiny things, get angry fast, weep fast, not interested in tv, computer or any, etc. Periods irregular, now 48 days over. No bp or sugar. Feel like getting less oxygen. Very tired, burning sensation. Please help me.
Hi me and my gf want to have sex without any precautions. Can you say me the exact what days after or before period to have a sex. Without getting pregnancy.
I'm 18 years old. 2 days ago I had unprotected sex. It was not the first time. But that day for the first time my vagina started bleeding. I had a sudden fever. Then yesterday it started itching. Feeling a lot week. Urine color is dark orange and experiencing loose motions and dark circles on face. Is this the symptoms of some kind disease or just weakness?
I use to do fingering daily. Is it will responsible for any problem in my sex life in future. Should I do fingering daily. If not, how many times in what duration should I do it? And can you please suggest me suggestion to get rid of it?
Hi sir, me 28 years Ki hu mujhe Caesar operation se 2 daughters he, 2nd Caesar ke saat hi mene tubuler ligation (family planning) ka operation bhi karva liya tha, abhi mene IVF method ke baareme suna to kya sperm inject karke vapas pregnancy attempt karsakti hu? Is there any risk?
We had protected sex on 5 Dec we are sure nothing went wrong even the guy is sure n now period were due on 26 as in Nov I got it on 26 n now it's 28 m worried about it what to do. Please help me.
Last month period was on 4 April this period yesterday happened but bleeding is not happening only stomach ache n brown clot. Blood is n inside vaginas I can feel but bleeding is not happening.
Hello, I want to ask about the menopause condition, what are the symptoms and what are the precautions?
We had dry humping on 26 march after that on 14 April she got her regular periods. Now in this month may she is delaying by 4 days now for periods. What can be reasons.
Alien Hand Syndrome or AHS is a neurological disorder that causes the patient's hand to move involuntarily. The individual has no control over the movement of the hand and sometimes, he or she may not even be aware of the action! The patients often report feeling like their hand does not belong to them anymore. The disease has no cure but the symptoms can be treated and reduced. Usually the hand is kept occupied constantly by holding a light object.
Causes of Alien Hand Syndrome:
Though the exact causing factor of AHS is unknown, there are a number of instances which have been shown to influence the development of the condition. The chief factors are:
- Brain injury: Injury caused to the brain by blunt force trauma or faulty surgery can lead to Alien Hand Syndrome. This is particularly seen if the frontal lobe (the brain center of voluntary movement) or the corpus callosum (the bundle of nerve fibers connecting the left and right hemispheres of the brain) is affected. These are the areas that regulate motor functioning and the neural pathways to execute the actions.
- Brain tumor: A tumor (a mass of abnormal cells) pressing on the motor centers of the brain can cause involuntary movements of the left hand in a right handed person. This is because the right hemisphere of the brain controls the left side of the body and vice versa. Tumors blocking the neural pathways usually cause errant movements of the predominant hand.
- Neurodegenerative conditions: Diseases like Alzheimer's disease and Creutzfeld & Jakob Disease are characterized by memory loss, rapid changes in personality and growing defects in the central nervous system. AHS could be a complication of such disorders. Effects of Alien Hand Syndrome This is an extremely rare condition. There have been less than 80 known cases around the world since 1908.
The disorder is often unreported because it is mistaken for a psychiatric problem due to its unusual symptoms and effects.
- The patient may not even be aware of what his 'alien hand' is doing. The hand may even begin functioning of its own accord when the patient is asleep.
- AHS can result in feelings of guilt and shame because of the embarrassing actions of the hand that the patient has absolutely no control over. The hand is often said to be governed by primal animalistic urges of hitting others, tearing clothes off etc.
- The condition often leads to social anxiety, depression and paranoia.