Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shakshi Gupta
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shakshi GuptaYour feedback matters!
My father had a history of Asthma/ Bronchitis (chronic) due to smoking cigarette. However he has been treated well and living normal life with medication and inhaler's. My concern is whether my son who is 1 year old can get infected by any means from his grandfather? My son used to spend most of the time with his grandfather. I am very worried as my son is suffering from cough cold and throat infection from last few days. Kindly advice whether it is communicable to grandson.
I have 2.5 years old baby boy. I am very worried for him as he continuously plays with his private part. As when he wakes he up he is banging his private part. please suggest.
My son is 5 Yrs old he always has cough.It gets better when he is on medication but then the cough comes back again a few days later.Please help.
My daughter is just 2 and half year old but has many symptoms of obsessive compulsive disorder. She needs many things to be in proper positions. Even at midnight gets up and cries, even if she gets one wrinkle in bedsheet.Really don't understand how to tackle this behaviour? Get worried if it will increase with age?
Hey. Today while playing. My 3 years litter nephew has taken a small bottle cap in his mouth and unlucky it entered the mouth through the neck. What to do now sir?
Methi seeds are found to be effective in persistent coughs. Both leaves and seed equally help in cooling down body. It is therefore necessary that we continue consume more in our daily diet.
Today’s its also use in cosmetic and hair care products.
How to use:
1. Boils & Swellings : Leaf-paste , heated and applied when lukewarm
2. Anemic patients: 10 gm methi seeds cooked with 100 gm rice.
3. Hair Growth : Seed paste applied on head
4. Skin Diseases : Cooked methi leaves taken daily for a fortnights
5. Mouth ulcer, sore throat : Leaves Gargle 5-6 times daily
6. Pimples : Fresh leaf paste applied on face
7. Headache & Insomnia : 2tsp fresh juice of methi leaves along with 1 tsp honey taken daily for 10 days
I have a daughter of 3 years old. She has constipation problems. She gets motion after 2 and 3 days. When she gets motion she is crying like anything. And also I found her vent hole is very small and reddish. Please help me doctor.
My niece now 3.5 years old & she was suffering from cold cough. We do blood (Ige level) and result she has allergenic problem doctors tell she is asthma patient & advice to take inhaler. Should it good for her health? Please give me advice.
Hi my child has fever since last two days, so I give her meftal-p suspension but it's not given me satisfactory results kindly Help.
New born baby of 3 months old does normal activities like turning head towards sound and sounds ohh and all. But last week his sister pops a toy horn with loud sound. After that he doesn't reacts to any sound. Is ter any problem please reply. If yes any solution?
Hii my son is 21 months old. He z 10 kg weight. Is the weight normal. He does not eat properly. He just milk all d time. Due to that im worried he z becoming week. How to improve hungriness in him please suggest.
Dear Doctors, My younger daughter is 8 years old, suffers occasionally from cluster sneezing (sneezes upto 5 times in one go many times everyday especially in the mornings.
My sons weight is 8 kg and he is 10 month old. He is having food 3 times daily and feeding milk. But not taking external milk. His weight is ok or not? For external milk I can use flavoured like born vita.
A baby should be breastfeed for at least the first few months after birth. Breastfeeding has a number of benefits for both the mother and child. Apart from being the best source of nutrition for the baby, it also helps the mother and child bond.
Here are a few benefits of breastfeeding your baby.
- Nutrition: No formula can be compared to the nutrition provided by a mother’s milk. The first milk produced by a mother’s breasts is known as colostrum which is rich in antibodies and proteins. Breast milk is made up of the perfect mix of proteins, vitamins and essential fats. It is also easier to digest as compared to formula feeds.
- Immunity boost: A mother’s milk is rich in antibodies and helps strengthen the newborn child’s immunity. These antibodies also help lower the baby’s risk of developing asthma or allergies later in life. Babies that are breastfed are also said to have a lower risk of suffering from ear infections, respiratory problems and diarrhoea. It also plays an important role in lowering chances of sudden infant death syndrome. Breastfeeding is also said to protect babies from certain types of cancer in infancy and later stages,
- Bonding: While being breastfed, a baby is held close to the mother and has skin to skin contact. This makes the baby feel secure and helps him or her to bond with the mother. For the mother, this process can also help fight postpartum depression and help reconnect with the baby.
- Healthy weight: Babies who are breastfed are said to be less likely to develop obesity. This is because breast milk has lower levels of insulin as compared to formula and babies who are breastfed have higher level of appetite and fat regulating hormone called leptin. As they grow, these babies put on a healthy amount of weight, but refrain from overeating and have healthier eating patterns. This helps maintain a healthy BMI and prevents diseases like diabetes etc.
- Boosts intelligence: Studies show that babies who were breastfed for the first six months have a higher IQ than those who were not. Thus, breastfeeding is said to play a significant role in cognitive development. There are two main reasons for this. Firstly, breast milk is said to fatty acids that are not available in formulas, Secondly, the emotional bonding between mother and child is also said to contribute towards boosting IQ levels.