Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shakeel AhmedYour feedback matters!
The longest nerve in the body is the sciatic nerve. The sciatic nerve starts from the lower part of the spine, through your hip to the back of the leg. So when it is said sciatica, we refer to pain in this nerve. Since the nerve covers the spine, hip and leg, sciatic pain is felt in the areas through which it passes. The lower leg muscles and sensation in the legs, thighs and feet are controlled by this nerve.
Symptoms usually include:
- Pain that radiates from the lower back to the hip and to the leg
- Sharp, tingling, dull, constant or burning pain
- Loss of bladder or bowel control
- Sneezing or coughing increases pain
- Moving the leg gets difficult so usual activities like walking, sitting and standing become painful
Homeopathic remedies are easy and gentle on the body. Homeopathy aims to boost the body's immune system so it can fight all its weaknesses. The following remedies may prove to be useful:
- Ammonium Muriaticum: It is taken for chronic pain in the heel or for chronic backache or when straightening the knee gets difficult as hamstrings contract. It is also taken for limping.
- Bellis Perennis: In periosteum injuries, stiffness and deep aches in the spine Bellis Perennis is used. It is also used for tailbone injuries. It is also helpful for nerve pains during pregnancy.
- Calcarea Fluorica: If the vertebra degenerates after trauma to the spine, then Calcarea Fluorica can be useful.
- Cicuta: The worst back injuries with serious trauma and muscles spasms are treated with Cicuta.
- Hypericum: Hypericum is suggested for tailbone injuries, temporary paralysis, spinal concussions and for sharp pain that tingles and moves upwards.
- Rhus Tox: If after lifting weights, overexerting muscles and exposure to anything wet, you feel tearing and burning pain, then Rhus tox is beneficial. Cramps that get better after heat application, but get worse after exposed to the cold are also treated with Rhus tox.
- Ruta: Stiffness and pain from back injuries, twisting the wrong way and bruises are prescribed with Ruta. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Hii I quit masturbation from last 5 month but when I get nightfall I feel very week and fatigue so I like to ask how to treat this weakness and fatigue because it affect my day to day life.
I am 25 year old. If I am taking musli power extra. Is this safe? If is it safe then how to take dosage?
I am 29 year old I am always feeling sick I am from mangalore working in uae under prissur every day different symptoms chest shoulder muscle pain, fatigue, sleep problems, abdominal pain, bloating, nausea, and constipation alternating with diarrhea (irritable bowel syndrome) feeling anxious or depressed an inability to be still and calm. Dry mouth. Numbness or tingling in the hands or feet. Neck sprain and chest centre strain. Some tomes neele pain in chest area,
I have cough in my noze. Doctors say it is allergy rhinitis. But it around whole year I feel cough. What can be done as I take lots of medicines but when I discontinued the problem doesn't get removed or rectified.
I am a 28 year male. Weighing around 80 kgs. I really need to wake up at 3 am. How can I do that without disturbing my sound sleep? Also I use to go for an one hour sleep after 6 is it fine for my health? I Would really like to know the time I have to go for sleep so that I could wake up at 3 without any problem. But at some days I used to have an 8 hour sleep but when I wake up I feel I haven't got the enough sleep. Could your please help me? Thank you.
I am having frequent urination from. Last night and fever too. And from few days I am noticing difficulty in urinating. Is it UTI or kidney disease?
Sir 1 day ago it started a severe pain in my head I consulted a doctor he said that this is because of your dental problem can you advice what should I do to get rid of this.
I feel irritation and flaming in stomach at times, its from last 2 years, sometimes I take antacid and it works, please provide some solution.
Type 1 diabetes is commonly referred to as juvenile diabetes and is mostly witnessed among young people. It can also occur in adults. In this condition, the body doesn’t produce enough insulin or completely stops producing insulin. The immune system, which saves the body from foreign microbes, attacks the cells that are responsible for producing insulin. The treatment methods include taking insulin shots, oral insulin intake, taking healthy diet, increased physical activity and controlling blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
Type 2 diabetes is a condition wherein the body refuses to use insulin in order to carry glucose to each and every cell of the body. The pancreas try to produce more insulin in order to counter the condition but soon give up due to an increased blood pressure. The treatment plan includes medication, making lifestyle changes, and controlling blood-sugar and cholesterol levels.
Gestational diabetes is observed in many pregnant women. The hormones produced during pregnancy can block insulin to be used by the body. While insulin resistance is common during pregnancy, failure of the pancreas to fill in the additional insulin in the body can result in gestational diabetes. Women who are overweight are more likely to develop this condition. Although gestational diabetes goes automatically after the baby is born, it often recurs in the form of type 2 diabetes in a later stage of life.
Risk factors for diabetes
- Weight: Being overweight is a primary risk factor for diabetes. An increased amount of adipose tissue increases the risk of insulin resistance by the body. It is therefore essential to shed as much weight as one can to avoid diabetes.
- Inactivity: Immobility increases the risk of diabetes in a person. It stacks up glucose in the body, making it difficult for the body to use glucose and convert it into energy. A daily routine which is devoid of physical activity ensures fat storage in the body, which can turn into type 2 diabetes.
- Family history: Diabetes, especially type 2, is closely linked with family history. If a person has diabetes, it is very likely that his immediate family or extended family has a history of diabetes.
- Ethnicity: African-Americans, people from the Indian subcontinent, Latinos, etc., are more likely to suffer from diabetes compared to their American or European counterparts. Lifestyle and eating habits are the major reasons for diabetes in these races.
- Age: Age has a direct correlation with diabetes. The age group of 45–65 is considered to be more diabetes-prone. Inactivity, immobility, and an increase of sugar intake are some of the primary reasons for developing diabetes in this age group. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.