Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ShailjaYour feedback matters!
Diabetes, new formulae product introduced in market. Will it be useful for me? I am in glimpiride 2mg+metformin 500mg for 2 sessions.
My penis has get in a curved shape because of daily masturbation. My sex power is getting low. How to make it straight and more powerful.
Sir My skin is little dark and I want to get little fair permanently. Please sir suggest me something by which I can become no much but at least little fair but it should be permanent.
Daily when I open my eyes and then suddenly some irritation feel on that time and this is from many times before 5-6 years. I consulted many doctors no one suggest properly.
Hi doctors my teeth are never clean- always have a slightly yellow tinge even after good amount of brushing. What I do for this.
On my face there is too much black heads from 2-3 years. Sir what should I do for that to remove them permanently.
Sir, My penis size is so small and thin . Its abut 4 inch and I am engaged with my girl friend and my gf is not satisfied with my penis size. Please sugest me some oil or smthng else. Is sandal oil is gud for this increasing the size. Please advice
Hi doctor, I am 17 years old boy. My father has blood pressure problem. My grandfather also have this problem. So I am little afraid that when I Will grow up I Will also have this problem. I don't want to take medicines for life. So will you give me some. Ips to avoid it forever and give my father also some tips to control it? He takes tell me kind beta 50. thanks.
When I make the sex with my partner my penis skin injured and cut and have pain so I can't enjoy our marriage life. We both avoid sex for a week and when again do the injury occur again. Please suggest me the beat for a better married life.
I suffering from fever quite few days I have high fever suggest me a good doctor please and provide.
I have holes and scars on my face and legs due to pimples. Please suggest me any natural method to get rid of these holes and scars or suggest any cream to get rid of these asap.
It is very common for patients with nasal obstruction to develop clogged ear as well. The back of the nose opens into a tunnel also known as the Eustachian tube. This tube goes up to the ear. In case the ears get clogged the pressure is released by popping of the ears. This is achieved by swallowing, yawning, and trying to blow the nose. When ear pops the tunnel opens and allows the pressure to release from the ear.
Reasons why nasal obstruction causes clogged ears:
- Mucosal Swelling: When the nose is obstructed, the nasal lining might swell thus making it difficult to breath. This might also lead to swelling in the tunnel of the ear causing it to shut down. Sometimes an ear pop does not happen in this condition and this is called as Eustachian tube dysfunction.
- Negative Pressure inside the Nose: In nose obstruction when the patient tries to breathe through the nose there is negative pressure. This might build up near the opening of the Eustachian tube or the back of the nose. This pressure gets transmitted to the ear and results in a negative pressure in the ear which leads to the clogging of the ear.
- Bernoulli's Principle: This principle states that in case of an inviscid flow, increase in speed of the fluid happens side by side with a pressure decrease.
Causes of Nasal Obstruction:
Obstruction or congestion of the nose leads to a stuffy and inflamed nose. In minor illnesses like fever, cold, sinus infection and flu stuffy nose can happen. This congestion might last for a week. In case the congestion is long term then the causes for it are:
- Allergies and hay fever
- Chemical and environmental irritants
- Septum deviation
- Chronic sinusitis that has lasted for too long
- Nasal polyps and benign tumors
Symptoms of nasal decongestion are runny or stuffy nose, painful sinus, and swollen nasal tissues along with mucus buildup.
Treatment for Nasal Decongestion:
Once the nasal congestion has been found and the cause behind it has been analyzed, then treatment is must. Treatment usually includes prescription medication or over the counter drugs. Medication of the nasal decongestion involves the following:
- Oral Antihistamines: These are helpful in treating allergies. Common ones are loratadine (Claritin) and cetirizine (Zyrtec)
- Nasal Sprays: Nasal sprays which contain antihistamine like azelastine (Astelin, Astepro)
- Nasal Steroids: Examples of this are mometasone (Asmanex Twisthaler) or fluticasone (Flovent Diskus, Flovent HFA)
- Over the counter or prescription decongestants