Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shaili SinghYour feedback matters!
Sir I had done sex before marriage n I had taken i-pills also many a times. Because of sex my seal n layer has been broken. N now my marriage is going to be held. Is there any duration dat on first night my husband cannot come to know about my pre sex. Is there something in medical that seal n layer can be cured again.
My periods only last for three days. Last month I missed it. Nd I had white discharge. BT now I HV some relief. What is the reasons for all this. How to overcome white discharge.
Age 27 Weight 40 Cyst in left adnexa Both fallopian tubes are blocked Left fimbrial blockage Right corneal blockage Suffering from infertility Tell me ayurvedic aur homeopathic solution without any surgical process.
I am female 28 height 5.10 weight 70 kg I eat 4 roti in day. Daal fruits nd milk but still my hemoglobin is 9.My legs infact full body paining through out the day I feel low. No energy left in me I feel weak wht is this is this symbol of any disease? Pls tell me proper diet for this.
My wife 51 feeling pain during intercourse and not agree to do so. I am 61 and till in need of intercourse within 2 weeks. What is my remedy.
The inability to conceive after indulging in unprotected sex is known as infertility. It can also be referred to the biological incapability of a male to cause the conception or a woman being unable to carry the pregnancy for full term. Research has shown that female problems contribute to over half of all the infertility cases while a majority of the other causes include sperm disorders.
Treatment of infertility depends on:
- Cause of Infertility
- Duration of Infertility
- Age of both partners
- Personal preferences
Causes of infertility in women include:
1. Ovulation disorders: This is regarded as the most common cause of infertility in women. The disorders can be caused due to the following
- Premature ovarian failure
- PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome)
- Poor egg quality
- Overactive or Underactive thyroid gland
- Chronic conditions like cancer or AIDS.
2. Problems in fallopian tubes or uterus: Abnormalities in the uterus or fallopian tubes render the woman incapable of conceiving naturally. This might be due to:
3. Medications: There is a possibility that treatment will cure infertility. Examples include NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy.
Treatment of infertility might involve a significant amount of psychological, physical, temporal and financial commitments.
In men, treatment is done to treat lack of healthy sperm or general sexual problems. The treatments include:
- Change in lifestyle
- Sperm retrieval
Even though it is possible to restore fertility in women using only one or two therapies, a number of treatments might be required before conception is possible. Some of these treatments include:
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI)
- Stimulation of ovulation with fertility drugs
- Surgery to restore fertility
In situations where pregnancy does not happen spontaneously, Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) can be used by couples to achieve pregnancy. It is a form of fertility treatment which involves the handling of sperm and egg. The entire ART team consists of psychologists, physicians, embryologists, nurses and lab technicians.
One common ART technique is In vitro fertilization (IVF). It is a process where an egg and sperms are manually combined in a laboratory dish, followed by transfer of embryo to the uterus. Some aspects involved in an IVF cycle are:
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
- Assisted hatching
- Donor eggs or sperm
- Gestational carrier
Some complications that may occur during the treatment of infertility are:
- Multiple pregnancy
- Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS)
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Help doctor my periods are delaying last month on 22 it has started n ended till 27 but now it delayed I tensed what should I do.
I got married since 1 year and, 5mnt ago still awaiting for our first child. My wife doesn't want for doctor consultation as she Dnt like for that. I would like to know continues sex can result in pregnancy at least how many times we need to play in a week. Kindly suggest any table or syrups for effective.
Consumption of food with a high glycemic index such as white bread bagel cornflakes puffed rice may be associated with increased risk of lung cancer.
My daugter get married two years back. But fails to coceive every month. In what way the hormones hinder fertilization or embryo development. Prescisely pimples develop as marker of failed conception. Please advise.
Suggest natural way to avoid pregnancy after sex. Had sex on 24th april. Got period on 27th april (on time). Still have chances for pregnancy?
Trichomonas Vaginalis, a virus, which affects almost 7.4 million men and women each year. This virus can cause a sexually transmitted disease upon contact with a person who may be carrying the same. This condition is more common in women than it is in men and causes a variety of symptoms. Let us learn more about this infection.
- Symptoms: This disease does not have any obvious symptoms until the problem becomes pretty severe. The symptoms for men include irritation inside the penis, discharge, and a burning sensation upon urination and ejaculation. The symptoms for women include a strong odour filled discharge that may also be greenish yellow in colour, pain in the lower abdomen in case the infection is extremely severe, itching and irritation in the vagina, and pain or discomfort during sexual intercourse.
- Diagnosis: The gynaecologist or the general physician will usually carry out the diagnosis with the help of blood and urine samples that will be sent to the lab for testing. These tests will help in determining the spread and severity of the infection. The doctor will also use vaginal or urethral fluid in order to diagnose the issue with the help of further lab tests. Most doctors will tell you that it is harder to detect the presence of the virus in women, than it is in men.
- Treatment: The treatment of this disease is done with the help of metronidazole, which can be used to treat trichomoniasis in case the patient is pregnant. It is usually recommended that the sexual partner of the patient should also be treated for the infection so as to stem its spread. Also, the doctors will recommend abstinence from sex for the duration of the treatment. Antibiotics will also be prescribed for both partners. Usually, one will be asked to wait for all the symptoms to disappear before becoming sexually active again.
- Complications: There is a risk of contracting the HIV virus in case pregnant women do not get treated for this disease on time. It can also cause premature rupture of the various membranes that protect the foetus, which can in turn, lead to premature delivery of the baby. Further, women who are suffering from this disease are at higher risk of passing on the HIV virus to their partners. This happens when the woman is also infected with the HIV virus.
- Prevention: There are various ways to prevent this disease including the proper use of condoms and limiting the number of sexual partners. Genital inflammation and pain should be checked by a doctor immediately to rule out the possibility of this STD. Also, one must take the necessary precautions to avoid catching and spreading this disease and getting a full body check up done is an important part of prevention.