Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Shailendra JainYour feedback matters!
Missing periods from 20 days. Negative is pregnancy test. Still is there any chance of getting Pregnancy? If yes what we need to do to prevent pregnancy?
1. Heart Disease
There are several theories that exist that attempt to explain the link between periodontal disease and heart disease. One theory suggests that oral bacteria can affect the heart when they enter the blood stream, attaching to fatty plaques in the arteries and contributing to clot formation. Coronary artery disease is caused by the thickening of the walls of the coronary arteries due to the buildup of fatty acids. Blood clots obstruct the normal flow of blood and lead to neglecting the heart of necessary amounts of nutrients and oxygen required to function properly. This can eventually lead to heart attacks.
Another theory is that the inflammation caused by periodontal disease increases plaque buildup, which may be a contributor to swelling of the arteries. Research shows that people with periodontal disease are almost two times as likely to suffer from coronary artery disease as those without the condition.
There are other studies that link a relationship between gum disease and stroke.
3. Pre-Term Pregnancy
According to the American Academy of Periodontology, pregnant women who have periodontal disease may be seven times more likely to have a baby that is born prematurely and too small.
Hi. This is my first pregnancy and first month of pregnancy. I had my bp checked up and it came out to be 137/ 106. Is it high? If yes pls suggest me natural ways to control it in this condition. Thanks.
I am using saheli pills is that effective to prevent pregnancy My gynec say it is not sure to prevent pregnancy.
If my gf have 2-3 times vomiting after 2 to 3 hours after taking unwanted 72 ? Please tell me is there any of pregnancy. If there is any chance thn wht should I do stop her pregnancy as earlier as possible. We have in the last day of her periods.
How to get rid of the pain in periods The uterus gets swollen during the periods Any solution to get rid of it.
ADHD, which stands for Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, is a chronic brain condition that leads to difficulty in prolonging attention on to a single thing, impulsiveness and hyperactivity. Though it mostly affects children and teenagers, it often continues into adult life as well, and can pose serious issues in adult lives - specially in maintaining jobs and relationships.
Effects of ADHD on your sex life:
- Impulsivity: If you are suffering from ADHD, it is highly probable that you are often very impulsive in nature - and are susceptible to taking a number of risky decisions, such as unprotected sex.
- Attention-deficit problems: Since your thoughts are often jumping from one thought to the other, you will find it very difficult to actually concentrate on any single job at hand. Since sex requires attention and use of judgment, distractions can prove to be detrimental to a healthy sex life.
- Hyper-sexuality: This refers to the condition of an unnaturally high sex drive. It is basically caused by the stimulation of the brain by the release of endorphins during sexual arousal, which often leads to calmness and relaxes the restlessness that is otherwise so common to ADHD patients.
- Hypo-sexuality: This is exact opposite of hypersexuality. This condition refers to an unnaturally low sex drive, where you may often lose all interest in sexual activity completely. Often, this is a product of ADHD itself, but it can also be attributed to being a side effect of a certain type of medication, especially anti-depressants.
- Other disorders: Women suffering from ADHD have been known to have difficulties in achieving orgasm, often in spite of prolonged sexual stimulation. Also, if you are suffering from ADHD, you may also tend to be hypersensitive - which implies, something that feels pleasurable to your partner, may be painful or irritating for you.
Certain suggested treatments for improving the sex lives of people suffering from ADHD are:
- Including variety in sexual activity, such as different locations, positions etc.
- Communication, which proves very beneficial in combating intimacy issues
- Prioritize, and try to stay in the moment and not zone out, if you are suffering from ADHD disorders
If I had sex without condom and then it's possible to have baby of I had sex at least 3 time but it doesn't happen so may I know what should be the reason for this same activity.
IVF or In Vitro Fertilization is a form of assisted reproductive technology (ART), wherein the egg and the sperm are physically combined in a laboratory dish before being transferred into the uterus. This procedure of reproduction has gained popularity among infertile and homosexual couples and also among women opting for single motherhood.
Although IVF is a becoming increasingly accepted procedure in the present day scenario with the growing infertility levels among individuals and open-mindedness of the society, there are some factors that must be taken into consideration before opting for the IVF procedure.
- Multiple Births: To guarantee the success of the treatment, usually more than one embryo is inserted into the uterus after fertilization. It is not uncommon for multiple embryos to end up attaching themselves to the uterine wall, leading to multiple births. It is important for the individual or the couple to be emotionally and physically prepared for that possibility.
- Reasons for infertility: Before opting for the procedure, the couple is often advised to go through several tests to check for the sperm count, mobility and the uterus environment to determine if at all IVF is the best option for the couple.
- Side Effects: After the procedure, the woman is expected to be under several types of medication to prevent the eggs from ripening. There are certain obvious side effects including headache, bloating, nausea and mood swings. In certain cases, the individual may experience circulatory problems, which when heightened may require hospitalization.
- Emotional Impact: IVF has a major impact on the emotion regulation of the individual. It might be overwhelming for most individuals and a strong psychological system is often searched for people opting for the procedure. The stress and the overflow of emotions can sometimes be too much to take for somebody and hence, people with major psychological disorders are advised against it.
My self usha rani I suffering form excess bleeding in mensuration time, actually I have mensuration in last 15february.
Hello, I'm writing this on behalf of my girlfriend. She underwent laparoscopy in both her ovaries to remove the cyst. And the condition of her left ovary was very critical so a part of the ovary had to be operated. The operation took place in December 3rd. And after that she was under medication. A week ago she underwent an usg and the result showed that there is no sign of pcos but peripheral cysts have been found. What does this mean?
Day 14, found irregular follicle 11×13mm s/o ruptured follicle in right ovary? What does irregular follicle means? Endometrium 10.2mm.
I am married since 9months and was having sex daily, now me and my partner are going to stay separately for 2-3 months. After that we are planning for a baby. Pls guide us some tips which will be good for our future sex life (aftr 2-3 months) and will help us for for getting baby. Also advise can I manstrublate in this period of 2-months? Will it effect me? Pls guide us detailedly and properly.
I recently got to know that I am 5 weeks pregnant and am bit scared. Please tell me what are the probable complications I may face?
I am 24 years old female (not married), I have urine and vaginal infection, how can I get relief from these two as it is frustrating me often, even I am being hygienic.
Polycystic Ovarian Disease results from the disorder more commonly known as PCOS or Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. A syndrome is starkly different from a disease, for the former entails a set of symptoms usually occurring in concurrence, while the latter means a particular biological condition with an identifiable reason behind it.
A syndrome solicits your concern and forethought in order to eliminate or at least control the chances of an underlying disease. Trigger to a syndrome is undetectable and hence fighting it efficiently is fairly problematic. It is rare to find adolescent girls without hormonal problems.
Hormonal imbalances are just too common to be a novel topic any further. Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is faced due to imbalances in hormone secretions. It refers to the development of multiple cysts in your ovary. This condition usually affects women falling within the age group of 15 to 50. Eight among ten women, at a given point of time, are reported with PCOS. Symptoms of PCOS, when neglected, can lead to Polycystic Ovarian Disease. If you have been facing similar health issues, it is advisable to undergo a check- up and get diagnosed at the earliest possible.
Symptoms of Polycystic Ovarian Disease
- A receding hairline or increased hair fall can lead to thinning of scalp hair. Such a sign should not be taken lightly as it could be indicative of Polycystic Ovarian Disease.
- Extremely painful menstruation, irregular periods or prolonged periods with heavy bleeding might be reason enough for worrying.
- Development of acne could be another sign. Acne is common to girls attaining puberty, but an unprecedented growth should be a matter of concern.
- Patchy skin, pigmentation and discoloration of the skin are the other symptoms.
- PCOS may also result in continual depression and anxiety.
- Obesity is the most commonly noticed symptom. People suffering from Polycystic Ovarian Disease have lower metabolism and thus, reducing weight is an ordeal.
- Many women tend to grow thick facial hair or chest hair. Such a condition discourages the person to go out in public. It leads to social ostracizing which further bears severe effects on one's mental health.
- PCOS mostly affects women belonging to the childbearing age. As a result of this syndrome, females stop ovulating. Conception becomes extremely difficult as the syndrome may lead to infertility.
Polycystic Ovarian Disease can result in Type 2 diabetes or even cardiovascular problems. If not diagnosed and treated at an early stage, it might lead to ovarian cancer. There is hardly any preventive measure to counter the chances of such a syndrome, but certain alterations in your diet under the guidance of a dietician and regular exercising can improve your health.
Related Tip: "What is Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome?"