Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shailendra JainYour feedback matters!
Sir meri shadi ko 3 month ho gaye hai but abhi tak me apne husband se sex ni kar pai hu wo bahot try karte hai har rat k hamare bich aaj sab ho lekin ni ho pata wo jese sex karne ko try karte hai pata ni kya ho jata hai me unhe dur kar deti hu andar jane hi ni deti dard ka dar ya aur kuch mentally problem pata ni kya hai but mene bahot try kiya but ni ho pata me bahot stress me hu kese karu kya karu k hum ek ho jaye please doctor help me.
"Men get naughty at 4-0 forty" but for women, the case may be very-very different. By their thirtieth birthday, many women begin complaining of a lowered libido or lack of interest in sex with their partner. This can be quite frustrating for both partners and can lead to a rift in the relationship. Hence, it becomes essential to pay attention to this condition.
The first step to finding a solution to any problem is to understand the factors that trigger it. Some causes for a lowered libido in women are -
Birth Control and Medication: Birth control essentially manipulates the hormone levels in the body. While this may prevent unwanted pregnancies, a lowered libido is a common side effect of birth control medication. Antidepressants also have similar side effects.
Over Working: Working hard is a good thing but too much of a good thing can have a negative effect on your health. In this case, overworking may lead to stress, anxiety, fatigue and burnout. This can lead to a weakened adrenal gland. The adrenal glands are responsible for the production of testosterone and in this way, working too hard can be the reason for women to not enjoy sex as much as they once used to.
Hormonal Changes: With age, every woman faces hormonal changes. This can result in a lack of lubrication making intercourse uncomfortable. Over time, this can lower libido considerably.
Ways to Enhance a Woman's Libido-
A lowered libido isn't something you have to quietly accept. Here are a few ways to enhance a woman's libido.
Go on a date:
Intercourse is as much an emotional exercise as it is a physical one. Cutting back from other responsibilities, work, children etc and spending time alone with your partner can help you emotionally reconnect with him.
Meditation can help calm the mind and reduce stress. This, in turn, will enhance the production of testosterone in the adrenal glands and thereby enhance libido. Meditation can also help you disconnect from worries and tensions that may be weighing you down.
When it comes to a diminished libido, medication may be an effective form of treatment, but it must be tailored to the individual. While estrogen skin creams may be beneficial for some women, others may benefit from testosterone supplements. A few antidepressants can also enhance a woman's libido by increasing dopamine and norepinephrine levels. Viagra can also help enhance a woman's libido especially in cases where the lowered libido was caused by antidepressants.
I am 33 years old lady. I am 8 week pregnant now. I had a problem that the counting of heart beat is 115 what to do? is it normal?
Coriander leaves are largely used for seasoning and in chutneys across india. Its seeds are also used in making regular indian dishes, giving them a distinct flavour and fragrance. What a lot of us might not know is that it has numerous health benefits.
Some of them are as follows.
1) Coriander assists in increasing milk flow for better breastfeeding.
2) As a culinary spice, it also negates any chance of food poisoning.
3) Essential oils cineole and linoleic acid which are present in coriander enable it to help reduce arthritis and rheumatism.
4) Coriander is also effective on conditions like swelling due to kidney malfunction or anemia.
5) It has antifungal, antioxidant, antiseptic, disinfectant and detoxifying properties which make it useful in curing skin problems like dryness, fungal infection and eczema.
6) It has certain acids which are said to be very effective in reducing levels of cholesterol in the blood, along with reducing the level of bad cholesterol all the while, raising the levels of good cholesterol.
7) Borneol and linalool found in coriander aid reducing diarrheas, digestion and proper functioning of liver. It also fights against salmonella bacteria
8) It is also used to prevent stomach disorders, vomiting and nausea.
9) Consumption of coriander assists in reducing blood pressure in many people suffering from hypertension.
10) Coriander also has antiseptic properties; it heals ulcers of the mouth and wounds.
11) Being high in iron content, coriander is highly beneficial for those suffering from anemia.
12) It protects against urinary tract infection.
13) Coriander is rich in phytonutrients and flavonoids too.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over Whatsapp, Facebook and other media.
Important for everybody for a better health, glowing skin, better digestion and increased energy
Breathe a little easier
While many people don’t consider the lungs part of detoxification squad, they are responsible for filtering out fumes, allergens,and airborne toxins.
When we’re stressed, we tend to shift from deep belly breathing to short, shallow ‘chest’ breaths, which reduces your lungs ability to transport oxygen to all your tissues. If you want to boost your lung power, begin to practise diaphragmatic breathing a few minutes each day:
Lie flat on the floor. Raise your knees. (You can put a cushion under them if you wish.)
Put one palm on your upper chest and the other over your navel.
Breathe out fully – and then a little bit more. With practise you will find you can do this by drawing in your abdomen. Pause for 2-4 seconds.
Allow the air to naturally flow in again.
Slowly and calmly repeat this cycle a few times.
we always say exercise is a must because your skin is also a source of toxic elimination just like the lungs
with best of health
My wife is 2 month pregnant. Which food/fruit she should avoid. What should I give her daily for her & baby health. I was thinking for pomegranate juice daily, but my wife says it will cause constipation, I ask about carrot juice, she told its hot by nature, hot items r not meant till 8 months.
Hello Doctor, My last month period was on aug 6 to 9, this month's date was exceeded and till my period was not started Nd I checked pregnancy test on 5of sep it was negative, will be any chances of getting pregnant doc, I excepting kid please suggest me, my last abortion was in month of April so I used folic acid tabs for 3 months, after completing 3 months I was stopped using that folic acid tabs. Please help me out should I continue till get pregnant or not. Please help me. I want to conceive asap.
Can someone let me know complete precautions that someone needs to take to avoid pregnancy? Is condom the only way? Me and my partner had unprotected sex for dew times now. Is there anything that she needs to worry about it take some pills? Any suggestions is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Kindly suggest about my non-continuous bleeding with some abdominal pain after taking Gestapro (combination of Mifepristone and Misoprostol tablets) taken on 2nd January night. Unfortunately next day I miss to keep 2 tablets to keep in mouth for half an hour and had taken it with water and repeated the same on next day too. Brief information in this matter is due to no growth of fetus earlier, doctor successfully surgically abort it on 12 October and since than once I completed menstrual cycle and next time on being unintended pregnant, tried Gestapro (combination of Mifepristone and Misoprostol tablets) taken on 2nd January night. Kindly suggest. I don’t wish to visit doctor.
I am a 31 year old woman who has completely lost interest in sex almost immediately after marriage (now 5 years) i've gone to a psychotherapist for 2 years now, but it doesn't seem to be helping. Are there any medicines I can take for this? can this be a physical problem rather than a mental one? if so, what type of doctor should I consult with?
The body produces a number of chemicals called hormones which are essential for the regulation of various functions including growth and metabolism. These hormones are produced by endocrine glands which are located in various parts of the body. One such important gland is the pituitary gland which produces the important growth hormone. This is essential for regulating optimal growth during the growing years and for maintaining proper amounts of body fat, muscles, and bones in the later years of life.
Causes: Deficiency of the growth hormones can occur due to a number of causes, some of which are listed below. It can be congenital (present at birth) or acquired later in life.
The congenital issue could be due to problem in the pituitary gland structure, leading to complete absence or reduced secretion of the hormone.
With age, there is a decrease in the amount of secretion. However, infections, injuries, brain tumors, surgery and radiation can also lead to altered amounts of secretion.
Symptoms: While growth hormone deficiency can occur at any age, symptoms differ depending on the age when the deficiency sets in.
In the early ages:
- Lower rate of growth for a given age
- Delayed developmental milestones
- Delayed onset of puberty
- Short stature/reduced height
- Younger looking compared to other children their age
- Fat deposition around the waist
- Delayed dental development
When the deficiency sets in during the later years, there is
- Low energy levels, constant tiredness
- Decreased strength
- Decreased exercise tolerance
- Decreased overall muscle mass
- Thin and dry skin
- Increased fat deposition and weight gain around the waist
- Changes in social behavior including alternate cycles of anxiety and depression
- Lack of motivation
- History of pituitary tumors
- High levels of fat and cholesterol
The diagnosis depends on the age of the person
- Blood tests are carried out to check the hormone levels in circulation
- In children, in addition to the hormone levels, x-rays to see the status of growth plates is very helpful.
- An insulin hypoglycemia test where insulin is given intravenously to see the levels of the growth hormone after 30 minutes.
- Total cholesterol levels, low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol, apolipoprotein B, and triglyceride levels can be used to supplement the above tests.
- CT scan and/or MRI of the brain may be needed if tumors are suspected.
Treatment: Once diagnosed, replacement therapy is given as shots a few times a week under the skin. This restores normal growth and helps in controlling the symptoms in adults too.
In cases of tumor, radiation or surgery may be required, but most cases are managed with hormone replacement.
Watch out for the symptoms if your child has delayed developmental milestones and early intervention can help restore growth and function to normal levels.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.