Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shailendra JainYour feedback matters!
I have suffering from persistent vaginal burning during intercourse, is there chances of STD disease.
Hidoctor Actually my period date was on 10.03.2015 but till 27.03.15 i did not get my period i had my pragnency test on my 5th i.E. On 15.03.15 it was negative again i took on 17.03.15 it was negative again on 22.03 i took my test it was negative when should i taka my pragency test again please suggest me the correct date.
Does hcg 5000 IUI injection and duphaston delay the periods. So my period is 2 days due. And every month I will have spot before periods but this time I do not even find any spot. What does it mean.
Is there is chance of fake mensuration after 7-8 days after taking unwanted 72 is there is anything to worry about or chance of pregnancy.
I am 38 years old female with 162.5 cms ht and 65 kgs weight. actually I was slim with proper proportion in my structure. For the past 1 year I ride a two wheeler to my workplace. Off late I notice a sudden increase in my hip and butts and it looks like improper structure. I also have a bloated tummy. How do I regain my structure. Can not do workouts. Help me with some home remedies.
My wife is 6 week pregnant And I can't control to do sex. But I do intercourse in side by side sleeping and doing slowly with softness. Is that any problem with her pregnancy or baby I am worried!
What to do to stop pregnancy after a month. And it is possible if a girl do not lose her period she can get pregnant? Please answer right way to stop pregnancy what type of pills should be taken or any other thing. Answer asap.
I am pregnant from 3 month. But my husband wants to sex with me. Is it right time to do this or not. Please guide me.
In this new age 'Weight Gain' is the most dreaded phrase when people left and right are obsessed with losing weight by any and every means possible, to look good and achieve an attractive personality.
Let me start with a ridiculous point, weight is NOT equal to fat (a misconception I've observed in my patients). A human's body weight consists of his/her ENTIRE body weight, including weight of internal organs like heart brain etc, bones, water content and MUSCLES.
In this series of sections on Weight gain - We will first talk about Muscle Building its Reason and Importance.
The term muscle is derived from the Latin musculus meaning 'little mouse' maybe because contracting muscles look like mice moving under the skin. Muscle cells contain 'Protein Fibres' of actin and myosin that move against each other producing contraction that changes the dimensions of the cell. Muscle is used to produce force and motion.
This may seem like a small point but is extremely essential. Muscles are responsible for maintaining and changing posture, all external movement as well as internal organ motion e.g. contraction of the heart.
Studies from the CDC have found that muscle-building exercises can also
- Improve Balance, reduce the likelihood of falls
- Improve Blood-sugar control
- Improve sleep and mental health
Gaining muscle mass is not only about looking good, it also has health benefits.
The Importance of Muscles
More Muscle Equals More Strength - The more strength you have, the more physically you're prepared for everyday activities; carrying groceries, lifting kids (or your significant other), and enjoying recreational sports.
- Muscle Helps Control Blood Sugar - DIABETES SUGAR intimidating modern day diseases, yet easily manageable if you can build a healthy body.
- Building Muscle Usually Builds Bone too - Bone density is an important issue, especially among women and the elderly. Building muscles can improve bone density and prevent osteoporosis.
- Building Muscle Helps Manage Body Fat - Gaining muscles boosts your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR). that is the amount of energy (fat) you're spending when you're just sitting doing nothing (for all practical purposes). It controls fat gain and prevents obesity and related conditions like Diabetes, Hypertension etc. Strength training is especially important for dieters. When you lose weight, up to a quarter of the loss may come from muscle, which can slow your metabolism. Strength training helps you rebuild any muscle you lost by dieting -- or keep you from losing it in the first place.
Building Muscle Builds Self - Confidence - It plays a critical role in promoting metabolic health, bone strength, maintaining body weight and reduces stress.
I am happily married in may 2011 and have a daughter aged 3 yrs and son aged 8 months, my wife is 22 and I am 32, we are enjoying our sex life but I like a trying anal which pains her, anyways I m gonna counsel her for the same but some times before sex I tell her to take my penis in mouth n even I lick her vagina I really feel very nice before starting sex, will it harm me or her, if so what are the precautions n even we don't like using condoms as it reduces sexual pleasure, shall we continue?
Sir/madam, my daughter is 9 1/2 years old and she started her periods in the month of february. That month, her bleeding continued for a month and stopped after taking some homeopathy medicines. Thereafter she did not get periods until 8th of may, but since then at an interval of a week or so she bleeds a little. Kindly advise.
According to contemporary medical studies, loss of sexual desire is more common in women than in men. As many as 3 in 10 women have reduced or limited sexual interest in any kind of sexual activity. While the medical term for this problem is Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder (HSDD), it is generally understood as a loss of libido.
There are multiple factors that contribute to this problem including psychiatric or physical disorders, relationship issues, hormonal disorders etc. Let us look at the causes of this disorder at length:
1. Medical Disorders:
a) There are conditions such as endometriosis, fibroids and thyroid disorders that may have a negative impact on the sexual drive of a woman.
b) Certain medicines such as antidepressants, oral contraceptives, and medicines that lower blood pressure may also negatively impact the sexual drive in women.
2. Hormonal Disorders:
a) Dryness of the vagina and pain during sexual intercourse may affect sexual drive both mentally and physically.
b) After menopause, drop in the count of testosterone hormone also affects sexual drive which can result in loss of libido.
c) With advancing age, the level of androgens decrease, and hence results in a lack of sexual desire.
3. Lifestyle Disorders:
a) In some of the cases, lack of emotional support in a relationship plays a significant role in the loss of libido. Post baby 'coolness' may also act as a driving force for loss in libido.
b) In today's era, changing lifestyle is drastically affecting our lives. Following an unhealthy lifestyle may result in increased weight that may affect self-image, and indirectly may also affect the sexual desire.
c) Stress and job, family pressure and exhaustion may also influence sexual desire of a woman.
4. Psychological factors
a) Increasing cases of depression, anxiety, frustration, stress is also an important cause of loss of libido in the contemporary society.
b) After childbirth, new moms tend to suffer from lack of sleep, insufficient lubrication of the vagina and exhaustion, which may affect her sexual desire.
The first and foremost step towards dealing with it is to make your partner understand your problem. Then, it is important to consult a doctor to find out the underlying cause, thereafter, treatment of the cause can normalize the condition. Since there are multiple causes of the problem, there are different ways by which the loss of libido can be easily managed and treated. Some of them are discussed below:
1. Treatment of Hormonal Disorders: The doctors will suitably treat problems like thyroids or recommend surgical treatment for fibroids to manage HSSD.
2. Change in Medications: Since some of the medications are responsible for the lack of libido, the doctors will replace the medications to reverse this lack.
3. Addressing the psychological factors: Your doctor will either arrange for suitable psychiatric sessions or ask your partner to coordinate mutually.
4. Sex Therapy/Relationship Counseling or Testosterone Therapy: While sex therapy or relationship counseling brings back the interest by effectively counseling the individual, Testosterone therapy involves off-label usage of testosterone hormone since it is not recommended by FDA.
Proper treatment and consulting a medical expert can reverse this disorder efficiently. So, talk about the problem more openly to seek proper guidance and cure. You can also submit your queries or seek for our advice in detail by writing to us.
Related Tip: 7 Libido Boosting Foods?
Hi doctor, I am 22 years old unmarried and I have PCO problem I had a physical relation with my Bf and now my parents are taking me for pcos treatment to gynecology treatment the doctor ask my mum that did I had any physically relation because my ovary in large before that he has given some test like usg pelvis and some more blood test doctor my mum is nurse I am very afraid that they will come to know about my relation as I am no longer with him last we got physical in August doctor I am very afraid that if they ill know my relationship it will be a big problem please help doctor.
I had miss a period for more than 20 days. I made a urine pregnancy test and found negative. This is not a first time I miss a period. I keep missing it but not this much. What will be the reason and what should I do or which medicine should I take. Please suggest.
I tested in june month thyroid. And its level was 14. And I take medicine thyrox -50. I missed my period. I have a baby who is 7 years. I breast feed upto 3 yrs. And I test know for pregnancy. But there result is negative. When I squeezed my breasts. Little milk comes out. Before period my breasts are heavy. After period it was low. Doctor tell me for test prolactin. Am I patient of high prolactin or galactorrhea? please tell me. Now doctor prescribe me primolut and for come period.
It is a common misbelief that eating home cooked food is the healthiest option. Whenever, we plan to eat out, there is always a question lingering about the cleanliness of the hotel’s kitchen. We need to realize that it is not just the hotel, but our own kitchen should also be taken care of.
Listed below are some commonly overlooked things that could be contributing to your health in a bad way. With kitchen shopping continuing through the years, there are unused and/or overused things, both of which are harmful. Read on to know more.
- Overused utensils: In most homes, the cooking vessels turn brown over a period of time. This happens, especially in metallic ones like aluminium. It is due to leftover food and is a breeding ground for germs. Leaving the vessels for a later wash can lead to these stains getting tougher and the vessel taking on a permanent brownish color. A good way to manage this is to clean the vessels as soon as possible.
- Stained mugs and cups: It is a common belief that tea cups will stain over a period of use, which is not true. In some cases, the hard water has high concentration of calcium carbonate, which mixes with the tea and lead to altered bowel movement and improper digestion. The best way to manage this is to mix vinegar and baking soda and remove the stains.
- Chopping board: First things first. Never use the same chopping board for your meat and your veggies. The germs from the uncooked meat affect the vegetables also. As the bacteria continues to grow, in about 10 minutes, there will be double the number of bacteria that will affect the vegetables.
- Chipped melamine dishware: While the melamine kitchenware is unbreakable, do not use them at high temperatures. This can cause it to chip and melamine leaks into the food, causing kidney stones and renal failure. A good way to avoid this risk is not to heat food in the melamine dishes.
- Non-stick cookware: While nonstick ware helps reduce the amount of oil used, constant use erodes the coating and slowly the chemical is leaked, which can add carcinogenic elements into your dosa or roti. This can cause liver and stomach problems with continued use.
- Coffee makers: The reservoir in the coffee makers hoards a whole lot of bacteria and can cause various diseases. Thorough cleaning with hot water can help you keep it clean.
These are some of the common ways your kitchen can affect your health, there are definitely more. So, keep your kitchen clean for a healthier life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.