Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shail SinghYour feedback matters!
Are you experiencing a low libido or reduced sex drive lately? This is referred to as frigidity. The lack of sexual desire can arise from various psychological issues which need to be addressed. In some cases, a woman may experience low libido, refuses to have sex, and avoids sexual intimacy. In other cases, she may face difficulties in getting aroused or may experience pain or discomfort during sex. Frigidity can occur from both emotional, and physical issues, which cause great strain and distress to a woman’s relationships.
If the lack of sexual desire, or frigidity becomes a major problem in your relationship, you can opt for various treatment options, depending on the underlying cause of frigidity, and the symptoms experienced.
Communication problems between a woman and her partner is a common reason which leads to frigidity in women. In a case of emotional problems, you should open up, or consult a psychologist for counselling.
Physical problems also cause frigidity and low libido in women. For this, you need to talk to a gynaecologist, or a general practitioner.
Sexuality involves several complex emotions and behaviour patterns, starting from romance, the feeling of intimacy, security to the feelings of desire and sensuality. There is no switch for intimacy which can be turned on when a partner wants to have sex. The situation or scenario has to feel right and comfortable before mutual enjoyment can be achieved.
Cures for Frigidity
Here are some effective ways of curing frigidity:
Counselling of both the partners is required when frigidity is caused because of relationship problems.
Psychotherapy is important for getting rid of your insecurities and hidden fears.
Certain dietary modifications are essential. You should add oysters, avocados, olive oil, eggs, soy, pumpkin seeds, nuts, sprouts, soy, vitamin E, zinc, and chocolates to your diet.
You can utilise herbs such as Damiana, chive, Kava Kava, wild yam, sarsaparilla, dong quai, ginger root, and Siberian ginseng for curing frigidity naturally. You can also use curative products made with the mentioned herbs, such as certain capsules, and gels.
Regular exercise and yoga are important for boosting your sexual health.
You may spend time with your husband watching erotic movies or reading erotic books together.
You should sleep for long hours for uplifting your sexual desire.
You should get rid of stress via methods such as spas, meditation, and other mindful exercises for unleashing your sexual potential.
You can also take medicines which are DHEA and testosterone based for curing frigidity.
If you experience the symptoms of female frigidity and do not get aroused sexually, you must not ignore the matter and take professional help for curing it.
Pcos: here is all that you must know about it!
Polycystic ovary syndrome (pcos) is a common hormonal disorder amongst women in their reproductive age. The symptoms of pcos being seemingly unrelated to each other, are often overlooked and remain undiagnosed. It is commonly termed as pcod (polycystic ovary disease) in which the there is an imbalance in the women’s hormones. As the name suggests, multiple cysts are formed in the ovaries that are pearl-sized (2-4mm), fluid filled and may contain immature eggs.
Whom does it most commonly affect?
Pcos most commonly affects women of reproductive age (14-45 years of age). In ceratin cases, pre-pubertal girls may also be affected by pcos.
What are the common symptoms of pcos?
Pcos, being a syndrome, is defined by a collection of signs and symptoms. The symptoms may vary from one individual to another. In case you observe two or more than two of these symptoms, make sure you undergo a thorough medical examination. Common symptoms are:
- Irregular scanty or missing menstrual periods
- Infertility such as ovulation dysfunction
- Excess or unwanted body or facial hair on the body
- Thinning hair on the scalp
- Weight problems, often leading to weight gain around the waist
- Skin problems such as skin bags, darkening of skin and acne
What causes pcos in women?
The exact cause of pcos is still not known, however, there are hypothesis suggesting a few of the common causes such as;
- High level of insulin
- Increased production of androgens
- Family history
- Environmental pollution and radiations
How can pcos be diagnosed?
Pcos symptoms affect more than 20% of the indian women and still remain undiagnosed at times. For an effective diagnosis, you may report of,
- Irregular periods in the past
- Tests revealing high levels of specific hormones
- Ultrasound showing polycystic pattern of the ovary
What are the possible complications of pcos?
Commonly reported complications of pcos include:
- Heart and blood vessel problems
- Sleep apnea
- Uterine cancer
- Heart diseases
How can pcos be managed?
Once diagnosed, the treatment of pcos may differ from an individual to another. However, a few tips to manage/ prevent pcos are:
- Exercise regularly. Include activities such as aerobics, sports and brisk walk to your daily routine.
- Eat healthy. Include foods that are low in refined carbohydrates as it helps to regulate blood sugar levels. Also add foods rich in antioxidants, green vegetables super grain and fruits to your daily diet
- Avoid excess of junk foods, spicy and oily foods and sugary diets.
- In case you smoke, it is best recommended to quit smoking.
- Avoid stimulants. Beverages such as coffee, that act as a rich source of stimulating compounds, have been found to increase insulin production.
- Keep stress away. Combat this depression by engaging yourself in activities such as opting for bubble bath, watching an old favorite movie, reading a classic or meeting friends who could be good company.
The doctor may prescribe you will relevant medications to treat the complications, in case any.
Coccydynia - Tailbone Pain:
The back bone or spine is made of a series of bones extending all the way from the neck (cervical) to the tail (coccyx). These joints, like others, are prone to inflammation, sprain and strain, some more than the others. The coccyx in particular is highly prone to inflammation and can lead to localized pain, which is very typical, with the pain in the tailbone. This is known as coccydynia.
What is coccydynia?
- Literally, coccydynia translates to tailbone pain.
- It is characterized by a sharp, localized pain between the buttocks in the tail bone.
- It is often caused by injury to the pelvic area or the tail bone.
- Sitting and/or leaning against the buttocks make it worse.
- Pregnancy, when the additional hormones relax on the pelvic floor, also leads to increased pain of the tailbone.
The pain can be easily confused with other conditions like sciatica, fractured tailbone, tailbone infections like shingles, etc. However, for a trained medical person, the symptoms of tenderness and pain are quite diagnostic. Pilonidal sinus, fistula, pudendal neuralgia is also same as coccydynia and show same symptoms.
- If there is a rash or inflammation, it needs to be evaluated further for additional problems.
- Where possible, rest completely for a short period of time till the acute phase of pain subsides.
- In case of injury, ensure there is no repeat injury to the same area.
- Pain medications are used to relieve pain, where it is severe and intolerable.
- In severe cases, cortisone injection may be given in the doctor s office. In addition to pain relief, it may even take care of the underlying problem per se.
- Avoid sitting for prolonged periods where possible.
- After the acute phase is over, when sitting for prolonged periods, sufficient padding is advised. This could be in the form of pillows or padded seats.
- Sleeping on the sides is difficult, so sleep straight. If required, take a pillow in the middle.
- Physiotherapy is also helpful in some people who have repeat attacks. This helps in pain management and controlling acute phases. There are specific tailbone stretches, which should be done under supervision.
- Walking is one of the many effective ways to keep the tailbone unlocked, which helps in getting rid of the pain and avoiding spasms of the muscles around the tailbone.
- Best internal manipulation and pain management can be done with coccyx exercise.
- The time taken for healing of the tailbone depends on whether it is a simple bruise or a severe one. The former would heal completely in about four weeks, while the latter will take about 12 weeks.
I take regestrone tablet when my period dates are gone. I wait for 3-4days after that I take that medicine for five days morning evening after take food. But still now no change. What can I do please suggest me.
Dear doctors, which dates are safe for sex without using any contraception when the dates of period is 13-15th per month? please clearly mention the dates and if there are any chance of pregnancy.
STDs or STIs are usually transmitted from one person to another through body fluids while being in a physical relationship. Herpes, Chlamydia, HIV and gonorrhea are some of the common STDs you may be susceptible to. These diseases are extremely unpleasant and usually cause long term health issues. Sometimes they might even be fatal. Here are a few ways you could use to prevent yourself from getting affected with STDs:
- Abstinence: The best and most certain way of preventing STDs is practicing abstinence. Although abstinence from any type of sexual activities including oral, vaginal or anal sex is a surefire method of prevention, it is not a very realistic method to do so. If you don't want to practice abstinence, make sure you educate yourself about other prevention methods.
- Single partner: Practicing monogamy in terms of sex is the safest kind of sexual activity. Make sure both you and your partner get tested for any STD. If you and your partner are not suffering from any STD and you both agree to practice monogamy with each other, then you automatically cut down on the risk of suffering from STDs.
- Talk: Talk to your sexual partner about his/her sexual health. Inform him/her about yours as well. Avoid having sex with someone who does not inform you with his or her sexual health information.
- Avoid taking drugs or alcohol: Try not to get drunk or take drugs before having sex. They reduce inhibitions which actually tend to make you reckless. You tend to become more adventurous and do not keep the sexual hygiene in mind at that time. Using a condom in the influence of alcohol and drugs can also result in a condom failure. Be sober enough before you have sex.
- Do not indulge with a person with symptoms: If someone shows symptoms of suffering from any kind of STD, do not indulge in any sexual activity with him or her. Refrain from having sex with him or her until he or she is treated by a doctor.
- Take precaution: Use different forms of protection while having sex to prevent pregnancy as well as STDs. But you have to realize the fact that these forms of protection are not full proof and always have a slight percentage of risk embedded in them.
Be extremely careful before you indulge in any type of sexual activity with anyone. After all, your health is in your hands. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
My wife is pregnant 34 weeks doctor prescribed betnesol injection and decide to Cisor on 06/04/2016. From USG doppler study baby fond in breech presentation and weight is 2664gm. Is it safe of betnesol in this time.
Inflammation in the body is characterized by swollen, red, painful, and even warm skin. Inflammation can occur as acute or chronic inflammation. Acute inflammation occurs immediately and only lasts temporarily. If the culprit is not identified and the issue resolved, the inflammation may become chronic (long-lasting). Psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis, and ulcerative colitis are examples of chronic inflammation, being a result of hyperactivity of theimmune system.
Top rich natural anti inflammatory herbs that fight inflammation.
Inflammation, especially chronic inflammation, can be extremely painful and uncomfortable and will lead sufferers to seek a remedy immediately. Fortunately, there are some natural remedies found in herbs that help treat this inflammation.
There is a substance within the herb turmeric called curcurmin which is known to be effective in treating swelling and joint pain. According to some studies, the anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric are very similar to the capabilities of motrin and similar medicines that are taken to reduce inflammation. Furthermore, studies have shown that turmeric can reduce pain associated with inflammation. It is important to note that turmeric should not be consumed by pregnant or lactating women or those with gallstones or bile duct problems.
This herb has long been used throughout asia, and especially india, to help treat pain and inflammation. Studies support this belief, showing that a majority of test subjects experience relief from pain and other inflammation-related symptoms after consuming ginger. You can simply incorporate more ginger into your diet, or opt for a ginger supplement, being sure to read the directions for proper dosage.
No, this is not the red licorice you’re probably thinking of, but rather the herb in its purest form. This herb is not only an effective anti-inflammatory, but also an effective anti-depressant and anti-fungal herb. Licorice can easily be added to meat, vegetables, tea, or pastries. Studies support the anti-inflammatory properties of licorice; however, it should be noted that licorice should not be taken in excess.
Basil is probably one of the most popular herbs and easiest to add to your diet for treatment of inflammation. Basil works in the same way as ibuprofen and similar medications in that it inhibits a particular enzyme related to inflammation.
Rosemary is rich in flavonoids and a powerful tonic, making it especially useful for use as an anti-inflammatory. Studies suggest that consuming rosemary extract can help protect cellular membranes from inflammation. While it should not be used in excess by pregnant women or those with low iron, rosemary is a great-tasting herb that is easy to incorporate into your diet to help deal with inflammation.
Garlic is great for your health for a variety of reasons, and fighting inflammation is just one of its many benefits. Garlic is so powerful it can help treat sinus infections, colds, and even hypertension. Working similarly to penicillin, garlic works by altering cytokines, which cause inflammation. You can easily incorporate garlic into your diet, or opt for odorless garlic capsules if you don’t like the smell.
If you can handle the flavor, cayenne pepper is excellent in treating inflammation. Its efficacy is in large part due to the high amounts of calcium, potassium, b complex and vitamin c, all of which assist in the reduction of inflammation. You may have heard of capsaicin before, which is the main active ingredient in cayenne; capsaicin has been shown to help reduce inflammation in the body.
8. Ceylon cinnamon
Not only is it delicious, but cinnamon is also an effective anti-inflammatory herb. Studies support that connection between cinnamon consumption and a reduction of inflammation. Avoid taking it in high amounts, but otherwise cinnamon has very few side effects. It is easy to add to your coffee, tea, oatmeal, cereal, pastries, and more.
9. Saw palmetto
Saw palmetto is an effective digestive aid and appetite stimulant, in addition to its abilities to boost the metabolism. Most importantly, saw palmetto is also effective in treating inflammation throughout the body, even utis and testicular inflammation. You can easily get saw palmetto (capsules, berries, extract) online or your local health food store.
Additional herbs that help treat inflammation on a smaller scale include ashwagandha, arnica, gotu kola, slippery elm, nutmeg and black pepper. Whether you experience chronic inflammation or are dealing with inflammation as a temporary reaction to a stimulant, the herbs mentioned above are extremely useful in reducing your inflammation and the pain, discomfort, and other side effects that come with it.