Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShahYour feedback matters!
When there is excessive acid build-up in your body, you experience a burning sensation in your chest. This condition is called acidity.
You feel a burning sensation in your chest, your mouth tastes sour and your throat may feel sore during bouts of acidity. An antacid can give you quick relief, but sometimes, you might feel like it isn’t working very well for you. Ayurveda may help you in this case.
Ayurveda is safe, and it provides a natural way to heal acidity.
Here are some Ayurvedic remedies for acidity:
1. Bananas: The potassium in bananas is an excellent antidote to acidity. Eating a ripe banana can provide you relief from the discomforting symptoms of acidity.
2. Milk: The calcium in milk bars acid build-up and absorbs the extra acid produced. For best results, drink cold milk to ease your discomfort.
3. Mint leaves: Mint reduces acid production and cools the burning sensation in your stomach. Chop and boil some mint leaves; then drink the cooled solution for relief.
4. Tulsi: Tulsi boosts mucus production in the stomach and has antiulcer properties. To ease your discomfort, chew on 5-6 tulsi leaves.
5. Cardamom: Elaichi, or cardamom, is a multi-purpose remedy. It stimulates digestion, reduces stomach spasms, soothes the stomach lining and prevents excessive acid production. Just crush two pods of elaichi in boiling water and drink it for quick results.
6. Cloves: Cloves boost saliva production, which helps in digestion and reducing the symptoms of acidity. For relieving acidity, just bite a piece of clove and keep it in your mouth. The oils released from the clove will reduce acidity within no time.
7. Aniseed: Aniseed cools the stomach lining, which reduces the burning sensation. Simply chewing a few aniseeds or saunf seeds, can bring about instant relief.
8. Cumin: Cumin stimulates saliva production, which aids in improving digestion and metabolism. You can eat cumin seeds, or boil them in water and then drink the solution for relief.
9. Ginger: Ginger improves digestion and helps absorb and assimilate essential nutrients better. It also protects your stomach from ulcers by boosting mucus secretion, which reduces the damage to the stomach lining caused by acid.
10. Amla: Also called the Indian gooseberry, amla has high amounts of vitamin C in it, which helps in healing the agitated lining of the stomach and oesophagus. You can consume one teaspoon of gooseberry powder to prevent acidity. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ayurveda and ask a free question.
I am 46 years old lady. I am suffering from skin herpes. I am taking treatment from doctor. Once after treatment of a week I was relieved from pain and blisters on skin also. But now after two weeks I am experiencing the same. Does it reauccurs? please suggest.
I had sex 5 days back, since then I have this weird kind of urge on the top part of my dick, I also have some white lubricant sort of a thing coming up automatically. Just need to know if it's normal.
Daily I am suffering from cold, when I was drinking/eating any cool food Is it any problem in my body.
I am a diabetic since last 3 years. I am too fat. I tried many medication but nothing worked. Prescribe some medicine for normal daily life.
How to increase blood quantity in body? Since I am getting blood jam in legs and hands within seconds. Suggest me a good feedback to increase blood in body. My height is 170cm and weight is 62kg.
I am 33 years old. My fasting sugar levels are in the range of 100-125 since last 4 years and recently they are in the range 145-170 from 2 months. I am not on any medication. What should I do?
I am suffering frm body pain since 2 days specially in calvs and eyes .and have fever also what should I do?
Mango and Raw Mango are the best fruit and accompaniment respectively to be included in anyone's diet this summer.
Chunda, Mango Pickle, Aam Chutneys, Aam Panna, Aam Ras, Kanda Keri, Aam Papad, Mango milkshake, Mango Sorbets, etc . Your mouth already watering ? Well mango is known to be an appetite stimulant, specially available in summers to take care of your eating appetite.
Prevents Summer in appetite, diarrhea, dysentery, dyspepsia, indigestion and constipation.
Useful in treatment of Scurvy.
Avoids blood disorders and liver disorders.