Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shabnam KhareYour feedback matters!
Hi doc, This query is related to periods I and my gf had made out on 11 jan (not intercourse. After that she had her periods on 1 feb. This is march, she is 2 weeks late.
Can a lady have a another baby or another pregnancy if she is pregnant and had sex during her 4th or 5th month of pregnancy.
If after taking abortion pill at home and pregnancy not clear after 5 days of bleeding then what shall I do?
My periods got late 15 days. I am not pregnant. please suggest me some medicine for immediate and suggest me treatment also. Because facing it often.
I want to know is saheli a oral contraceptive just like ipill and unwanted. After searching from net I saw that one strip contains 8 tablets. I want to know how we take theseveral tablets. I mean to say before sex or after sex. Or we have to take these tablets for 21 days or only one tablet after sex.
The news of pregnancy can be one of the best news in a couple’s lifetime. However, where this news does not arrive, it can turn very stressful. Whatever the reasons, if a couple has been trying to have a baby and are not able to, it can be very strenuous. However, statistics reveal that most couples take four to six months to conceive. Some couples even take up to two years.
Lifestyles are changing and there are a lot of factors, which determine the ability of a couple to conceive. There could be issues with either of the couple, and sometimes it might not even be an actual issue, but only psychological barriers hampering the health of the relationship.
Some common conditions that can contribute to the couple not conceiving include endometriosis, ovarian issues, polycystic ovaries, hormonal imbalances, medical illnesses, etc. A few common remedies can be tried first, before reaching out for professional help.
- Using lubricants without spermicide topical agents may be used, but some of them could contain chemicals, which are spermicides and reduce the sperm count. This needs to be ruled out before investigating the cause for infertility.
- Vitamin B6 helps in the luteal phase, which is from the time of ovulation to menstruation. Zinc also plays a vital role in pregnancy and conception, and so it is advisable to take these supplements when trying to get pregnant.
- Weight management, quit smoking, improved hydration, general detoxification, dietary changes, adequate hours of sleep are some changes that can immensely benefit.
- An ovulation predictor kit and trying to conceive around that time also increases chances of conception.
- For a woman who is 35 years or younger, conception should happen in about four to six months’ time. If not, it is time to see a doctor to see what is preventing pregnancy.
Some of the other conditions, which would require a visit to the doctor are as follows:
- Consumption of regular asthma medications
- Diabetic patients
- Epilepsy patients
- Chronic smoker
- Underweight or overweight women
- Diagnosed endometriosis
- History of polycystic ovaries
- History of irregular periods or other menstrual disorders
- History of thyroid disease, especially hypothyroidism, which is one of the main contributing reasons for infertility. Quite often, treating the thyroid levels can lead to pregnancy
- History of sexually transmitted disease like chlamydia
- History of sexual hormonal imbalance
- History of prolonged use of birth control pills
If there is no underlying medical issue, it will happen, don’t be anxious. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Does first-time sex always lead to bleeding? Or there can be no bleeding at all because the girl is quite athletic as she used to do Skating, Badminton.
Hello doctor, my frnd asked you a question yesterday for my problem of frequent urination. From december 2015 I consulted a doctor he made test of UTI and uc. In reports. There is. Under chemical examination PH is ALKALINE, ALBUMIN is (+) and sugar is nil. And under Microscopic examination. Pus cells were 8-10 and epithelial cells were 3-5. RBC nil. Crystals nil. Casts nil. Others YEAST CELLS (+). In urine examination. And in urine culture and sensitivity test result came out is. Growth of escherichia COLI > 10 is to power 3 ORGANISM / ml of URINE AFTER AEROBIC INCUBATION AT 37° C. It is found that m suffering from urin infection for which doctor gave me medicines in January. Then faced same problem in feb and now today again it is started from morning m feeling very frustrated have to go washroom again n again and I feel very much pain in vagina during urination. My periods are normal. And you answered her question that it is due to poor hygiene or transferred from male during sex. Dr. Actually m 19 year old girl and I never had sex in my life till date. But I mansburate sometimes. So it is due to mansburate or something else? Because m virgin n never had sex. Please explain me in brief so I can understand each and everything about my problem.
I am 23 years old, my period have got delayed .Due to that I am experiencing mood swings and irritation and itching in my lower waist portion .What should I do and or these could be the symptoms of pregnancy?
Im now 7 months pregnant having problem with stomach ache, ultrasound scan and all reports positive, what should I do can I get any answers pls.
After taking the abortion pils, having the abdominal pain and lots of blood. What is the reason and treatment.
I want to know 14 is her period date after how many days we can sex for no pregnancy and tension free sex we enjoy.
Hyperpigmentation is a medical condition which occurs when an area of the skin becomes much darker in comparison to the rest of the skin tone. This happens due to an excess of a pigment called melanin. Hyper-pigmentation is fairly common and many people have reported this condition at some point in their lives.
Types of Hyperpigmentation
1. Lentigines or Freckled Skin: They are mainly freckles which arise on the skin.
2. Solar Lentigines: Although these are known as age spots, sun spots and liver spots they are caused primarily due to prolonged exposure to the sun.
3. Melasma: This condition mostly seen in pregnant women and is caused due to hormonal changes during pregnancy. Melasma typically manifests as pigmented and patchy areas of discoloration on the face except the eye area.
What causes hyperpigmentation?
- Hyper pigmentation can be hereditary i.e. passed on to children from parents
- Prolonged exposure to sun.
- Picking and poking at the skin can also cause hyper pigmentation.
- Medications such as hormone treatments, antibiotics and anti-seizure drugs may result in it as an unwanted side effect.
- Skin injuries due to bad forms of acne vulgaris and inflammation.
How Homeopathy Works on Hyperpigmentation?
Homoeopathy considers blemishes or pigmentation as a local expression of a systemic / internal disturbance. Homeopathy believes that skin disorders are a reflection of an internal imbalance and to be treated from within. The homeopathic medicines are selected after a full individualizing examination and case-analysis, which includes the medical history of the patient, physical and mental constitution, genetic predisposition and so on. While choosing homeopathic remedies the cause of pigmentation is evaluated, for example, mental stress, hormonal imbalances, sun exposure, nutritional deficiency, poor immune system and so on.
Homeopathic treatment, which gets to the root of the problem will reinforce the immune system and gradually restore the pigmented spots to the normal skin color. Homeopathic medicines restore the hormonal imbalance and control the excessive production of melanin. Homeopathy will not inhibit the natural process of the skin's melanin production. It will act on melanocytes to produce less melanin naturally thus strengthening the skin cells to stay healthy and remove excessive melanin in the skin. This improves the quality (texture) of skin, blemishes disappear and further discoloration of skin stops.
For fast recovery and to maintain the skin texture and glow homeopaths also use external creams which are purely prepared by homeopathic Mother tincture and low potency’s and are very safe and without any side effects.
Homeopathy medicines cure pigmentation from the root cause and assuring the patient of not facing the similar problem in future. Some of the common homeopathic medicines for treating pigmentation are:
- Medicines like Lycopodium Clavatum can be consumed if you experience grayish-yellow discolored face with blue circles around the eyes. It can also cure brown spots on the nose and face.
- Sepia offincinalis can treat chloasma (Yellow spots on the face and a yellow mark across the upper region of the nose and cheeks). This medicine also treats ailments during pregnancy and is best suited for patients who have dark hair.
- Thuja occidentalis should be consumed to treat dry skin with uneven brown spots. People who have waxy faces with dark under eyes should consume this medicine.
- Argenticum nitricum can also be consumed if your face looks pale, old and bluish. It is best suited for people who have tense, hard and brown skin with irregular brown blotches.
- Cadmium sulphuratum can treat yellow stains on the cheeks and nose. This usually worsens due to prolonged exposure to the wind and sun.
- Copaiva offincinalis reduces brown lenticular spots. These spots give a mottled appearance and can itch at times.
- Caulophyllum thalictroides can be consumed by women who experience discoloration of the skin due to uterine and menstrual disorders.
- Plumbum melallicum usually treat liver spots, hyper pigmentation and reduces the oil content of the face.
These remedies treat discoloration of the face along with liver spots, brown spots and excess oil formation of the face which is accompanied by hyperpigmentation.
However, the correct choice and the resulting relief is a matter of experience and right judgment on the part of the homeopathy doctor. The treatment is decided after thorough case taking of the patient. Thus homeopathic remedies of pigmentation are tailor-made and should be taken after consulting a specialized homeopath.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopathic and ask a free question.
I'm 21 years old female. My periods are absent due to sex before 1 week of periods time. I dont want any pregnancy now. What should I do. Is there any alternate solution.
Last night I hv sex with 2 girls one is my girlfriend and 2nd was her sister we did it in group so I dnt use condom her sister was virgin so she bleeding too much but I clean. And I ejaculate in there vagina too so m worried now any decease can be harm us if do that again.
When you just came to the conclusion that olive oil is healthy for your health, suddenly, you may have read another study result that says that coconut oil is best for your health. No doubt, you are puzzled and confused which one to take. In this article, we will try to give you some idea of the healthy aspects of coconut oil and olive oil and some hard facts about them.
Let’s find them out
|1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil||1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil|
|119 Calories||116 Calories|
|14 (g) Total Fat||14 (g) Total Fat|
|1(g) Saturated Fat||12 (g) Saturated Fat|
|9.8 (g) Monosaturated Fat||0.8 (g) Monosaturated Fat|
|1.4 (g) Polysaturated Fat||0.2 (g) Polysaturated Fat|
|0 (mg) Cholesterol||0 (mg) Cholesterol|
Goodness of Coconut Oil - The Saturated Fats
- Acts as an Antioxidant and Reduces Oxidative Stress: Virgin coconut oil consists of some antioxidants, like polyphenols and flavonoids. In the process of oxidative stress, the blood vessels in our body and heart get affected that leads to heart attack. These antioxidants keep us safe from such heart ailments.
- HighTemperature Resistant: It means that, if you cook in high temperature in coconut oil, you won’t get your food smoked. Coconut oil is a saturated fat, and it is high temperature resistant.
- Reduces Hunger: It keeps you away from those irritating hunger pangs when you consume foods cooked in coconut oil.
- Improves metabolic rate: Coconut oil increases metabolic rate that ultimately helps to reduce our waist size.
Goodness of Olive Oil - The Monounsaturated Fats
- Heart Friendly Fat: Olive oil is rich in monounsaturated fats. The American Heart Association has certified these fats as a heart friendly fat.
- Lowers LDL Cholesterol: Olive oil helps in lowering the low density cholesterol level that is known as bad cholesterol in our body.
- Some Essential Substances Present in It: Olive oil is rich in vitamin E and polyphenolic compounds. These two components are antioxidants that help in reducing the systemic inflammation level in our body.
Now the point is: Which Oil Is Better for Your Health?
So, from the table and discussion, it is clear that both coconut and olive oil are good for our health. But none of them are miracle fats. You need to consume both oils in small amounts. For cooking foods that need high temperature, like roasting, stir frying, you can use coconut oil as it has high temperature resistance. On the other hand, for simple cooking, use olive oil. But don’t use extra virgin olive oil for cooking, as heat at higher levels can destroy the Vitamin E and Polyphenol compounds in the Olive Oil. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.