Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shabnam Khare
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shabnam KhareYour feedback matters!
I have history of irregular periods. Since I have started having periods. Initially sometimes it used to come on time and sometime after skipping one or two months but duration ws 8 days. After 10 years I started bleeding for 15-20 days. I consulted a gyno after getting ultrasound she said everything is fine reduce your weight and don't take too much stress it will be fine. Den since last 2 years I have spotting all the time. Sometimes more and sometime less. Bt all d time there is no day dat I see white discharge. It's always red and brown sometimes I need to wear pads some time not. I n between I have normal period like bleeding also den again after one week of normal days it come on spotting. O have done 4-5 ultrasound nothing found wrong and abnormal but thyroid test came positive my thyroid is 9 nw shall I see a gynecologist or endocrinologist who can help me. What can be the problem is it because of thyroid or something else.
Hi this is kalpana. I am 29 years old. I am married. Still now I do not get period. I went a hospital but doctor said it's miracle uterus is not there. Any treatment is there. I need children's.
When a hole develops in the wall of the gallbladder, rectum, large bowel, small intestine, stomach or oesophagus, it is called gastrointestinal perforation. It is a medical emergency that needs urgent medical attention.
Symptoms of gastrointestinal perforation (GP) usually include
1. Serious stomach pain
Peritonitis (abdominal cavity lining inflammation) can also accompany the abovementioned condition. So in addition to the above symptoms, you may also experience peritonitis symptoms such as:
2. Passing less gas, urine or stools
3. Breathing difficulties
4. Fast heartbeats
Certain diseases can cause Gastro-intestinal perforation, such as:
2. Diverticulitis (A type of digestive disorder)
3. Stomach ulcer
5. Gallbladder infection
6. Inflammatory bowel diseases (inflammation in the small intestine and the colon)
7. Swollen Meckel’s diverticulum (abnormal bulging of the small intestine at birth)
8. Gastrointestinal tract cancer
Besides diseases, the following conditions can also lead to Gastro-intestinal perforation:
1. Blunt abdominal trauma
2. Gunshot or knife wound to the abdomen
3. Abdominal surgery
4. Stomach ulcers caused by excessive consumption of steroids, anti-inflammatory drugs and aspirin
5. Ingestion of caustic substances or foreign objects
Other than these, drinking alcohol, smoking and bowel injuries (caused by colonoscopy or endoscopy) can lead to GP as well.
Treatment options available
This condition is mostly treated with surgery. The goal of the surgery is to repair the anatomical problem and cause of peritonitis, along with removal of any foreign object in the abdominal socket, such as food, faeces and bile. However, if your doctor deems surgery unnecessary (in instances where the hole closes voluntarily) you will be only given antibiotics.
In some cases, a section of the intestine might need to be removed. An ileostomy or colostomy is performed where a portion of the large or small intestine is removed, which grants intestinal contents to empty or drain into a bag implanted on the wall of your abdomen.
The complications include:
2. Sepsis (Critical and fatal bacterial infection)
3. Belly ulcers
4. Wound infection
5. Bowel infarction (impaired supply of blood to the bowels)
6. Permanent colostomy or ileostomy
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Please give me tips how can make my wife pregnant. I am doing sex with her but not able to make her conceive. Help me.
- Take Moderate hot food and drinks
- Raw Vegetables are not hygienic during monsoon so either stir fry them or make soup.
- Drink Herbal Tea / Concoctions particularly those with anti-bacterial properties like Green Tea with Mint Lemon grass tea
- It is advisable to avoid cold milk or raw milk instead boil it well at 100 degree and add turmeric or cinnamon powder to reap good health benefits.
- Avoid eating road side food.