Find numerous Speech Therapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Speech Therapists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Speech Therapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Speech Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Hearing Disorders
Treatment of Speech Impairment
Therapy Oral Language
Language Therapy Treatment
Language Stimulation Treatment
Treatment of Learning Dysfunction Disorders
Language Presa Treatment
Oral Motricity Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Shabana TariqYour feedback matters!
My grand ma has got a problem in speaking. Her speech becomes mumbled when she is taking. She had just made her teeth rearranged from a dentist. Is it the problem of that?
I am 28 years old for some times I am suffering from stammering some time it's worse some time not at all please suggest allopathy treatment.
Sir/Mam I want to be a Singer and My Voice is so harsh .So what should I do to make my voice Better. What should I do not need to eat? What should I do for this.
I am suffering from stammering from the age of 5 now I am 18 but still I haven't cured it. But this time I am pursuing professional courses therefore I need to get it correct but I can't pay fees of speech therapists as they charge in thousands a month. Therefore please suggest me ways to cure it at home itself.
My younger son completed 2. 5 years and still not able to speak. Kindly advice for further action. Some times he not listing the our sound also.
I am 32, at times I feel stammer, like facing new people/environment, meeting, interview, etc. And I could not complete my words specifically, those words which require to use upper phrase, to raise tongue above, example: irr. Ra. Raa. Il. La. Etc. Appreciate your kind suggestion to resolve it quickly.
I am 30 years old. I used tobacco last 5 years. Now I facing some problem like difficulty in speaking. Due to dry mouth and irritation on tongue I can not speak fluently. Is this curable?
I am 28 years old. I got sometimes nervous when I speak. I am not able to introduce myself in a meeting. I have tried Siddha medicine. But I am not fully recovered. Could anyone help me regarding my problem.
I am very confused as a remedy for a problem. Stressed tongue so can't move it freely and pain in jaw, improper breathing which leads to stammering, a lot actually. 1. Few doctors are recommending me to get my calcium and vitamin b12 levels checked. 2. Others are recommending me to take vitamin b1 with magnesium to treat the stammering problem. So should I get checked all the above 4 things or what should I do? Help!
Stammering or stuttering is a type of speech impairment where sounds or syllables are repeated involuntarily or there are unintended gaps in between words when the person is unable to make the desired sound.
People develop stutters due to genetic flaws, motor functioning defects, coordination problems or due to psychological stressors. The condition can result in anxiety, depression and withdrawal from verbal communication.
How does homeopathy help?
A stutter can be practiced away or corrected by speech therapy but there is no specific medicine that can be used to cure stammering. Homeopathic medicines can provide relief from the symptoms by fixing flawed nervous functions, improve motor coordination and modify the vocal apparatus. Different homeopathic treatments can be used depending on the nature of the condition.
The following is a list of homeopathic remedies and lifestyle changes that can be used to address the problem:
- Foods rich in vitamin B6 like nuts, fish, bananas and chicken should be consumed regularly by children who have a stutter to help with motor functions.
- Adults should avoid caffeine, tobacco and other recreational drugs as they cause hyper-stimulation of the nervous system.
- Stramonium (jimsonweed) can be used when the stammering is violent and the person distorts the facial muscles heavily in order to be able to speak.
- Lychopodium (clubmoss) can be useful for stammering as well as depression, memory weakness and sleep problems. This is especially helpful if the patient struggles with the last few words of a sentence.
- Spigelia is beneficial for a mild stutter at the beginning of a sentence, often followed by undisturbed speech.
- Causticum is prescribed when emotional excitability causes stammering, twitching of the facial muscles or problems in the vocal chords.
- Staphysagria can aid in reducing social anxiety which often causes stammering i.e. the stammer only happens while interacting with strangers or authority figures.
- Nux vomica (strychnine) is the medicine to use when stammering is a result of extreme stress or over work.
- Fright or shock often causes speechlessness or stammering. Aconite can provide immediate relief in such cases.
- Lachesis is an effective homeopathic medicine when the patient stutters over specific letters or syllables.
- Gelsemium is used to treat stuttering after severe viral infections when the patient complains of a heavy tongue and lack of general coordination. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.