Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sema PatodiaYour feedback matters!
I have irregular and painful periods problem this problem continue till then when my periods start .I have periods once in 2 months .what should I do?
Dear sir/mam I am suffering from pimple and acne on my face at the time of periods only. Five day's before of my cycle it has came out on my face and and it has been ended off after 1week of my periods how can I resolve the same. And what is the reasons of these pimples. Because my face is basically dry in nature. Is there any major reason. Kindly suggest my marriage is at the end of may. The pimples leaves so many marks on my face.
My last period was on 29th December. Then i try to get pregnant. But i missed my period till today.my pregnancy test is negative. my doctor advised me for USG. i have OLYCYSTIC OVARIES. My wt is 69 kgs. is it possible to get pregnant with polycyst? what will be my next step? how could i recover from this?
A dairy free diet has many implications. While it is considered as a healthy option by many, it also means that you are cutting off a supply of calcium and even some amount of protein. Calcium, as we all know, is the life giving force for your bones and joints.
So how can you get your dose of calcium without dairy products? Here's a quick list!
- Beans: Get your fill of calcium with the protein and calcium rich chickpea. Other brown, black and white beans also have plenty of natural calcium sealed in each bean, which can be ingested on a daily basis. Legumes or smaller beans can also be used for your daily calcium fix. You can cook the legumes like an Indian dal and have it with a serving of rice, or make a yummy hummus with plenty of chickpeas and a touch of garlic. Toss beans soaked overnight in a salad bowl to enjoy calcium for lunch too!
- Fish: Salmon and sardines are known to be excellent and healthy sources of lean protein as well as Omega three fatty acids, which keeps the heart healthy above all else. But did you also know that fish contains plenty of natural calcium which can help your bones and joints too? So stock up on fish and enjoy as often as you can. Plus, salmon and sardines also give you a good dose of Vitamin D.
- Dry Fruits: Dry fruits like figs and almonds are packed with calcium among various other nutrients and minerals, which makes it ideal for a snack as well. Munch on these to get a constant dose of calcium even when you are on the go, or busy at work.
- Greens vegetables: If you thought green vegetables were only a good source of iron and magnesium, you may have to think again. Greens like bok choy are filled with essential nutrients including a good amount of calcium, vitamin A and C. Kale, turnip greens, seaweed and black eyed peas also make it to the list of calcium rich greens.
- Citrus fruits: Get plenty of calcium by starting your day with a glass of orange juice, blended to perfection with carrots as well. Use lemons in your salad and eat all the citrus fruits you can get your hands on. These are all excellent sources of calcium.
- Sesame Seeds: These seeds are rich in calcium and can also keep cancer at bay when taken regularly.
- Fox Nuts (Makhane): Fox nuts are rich in protein and calcium. Roasted fox nuts are a great snack also. Pack your diet with all the food groups for a balanced diet that will lead to a healthy lifestyle.
Other than consuming these foods, get a full body check up done to know how healthy you are.
I have polycystic (pcod). Consulted to doctor and as suggested I was under medication" for 3 months. Now after 3 months I consulted doctor again. But she asked me to stop medication and asked me to check whether my periods are regular or not. But how to know whether my pcod is reduced or not.
Botox, derived from Clostridium Botulinum, is a cosmetic treatment often used to smooth wrinkled skin. Botox was originally used to treat spasms as it has muscles freezing qualities. Eventually it was discovered that Botox could cure the wrinkles present in the corner of the eyes,which are famously known as the crow's feet and as well as the superficial wrinkles just because it possessed the muscle freezing property.
In today's world, everyone is conscious about getting wrinkles or any other ageing signs. Eventually you will have to deal with them. But until it is absolutely obligatory for you to embrace those signs, Botox is an extremely efficient cosmetic treatment to control them.
Here are the different ways in which Botox is beneficial to you:
- Botox is nonsurgical: Botox can help you to get flawless skin without any surgery. Botox is administered into your skin in the form of injections. Hence, the hassle of going through a surgery is totally unnecessary.
- Botox lifts your eyebrow: Your eyebrow may drop due to various factors like age or lifestyle. Botox helps lift your drooping eyebrows; giving you a fresher and youthful look.
- Botox reduces excessive sweating: Excessive sweating can be extremely embarrassing at times, especially if it is under the arms. To be saved from this embarrassment, you can take a Botox shot and it will reduce the amount of sweat produced in your body, hence preventing excessive sweating.
- Botox can help with migraines: If you are suffering from migraine headaches, you might consider taking a Botox shot, as it may help reduce your headache and decrease their recurrence. It is extremely beneficial for those who suffer from chronic headaches during one such migraine attack.
- Botox helps with eye spasm: Botox helps cure strabismus, diplopia and blepharospasm. Botox relaxes the eye muscles so that they do not work against each other and let the defected muscles heal.
- Botox cures overactive bladders: Suffering from an overactive bladder can cause a lot of inconvenience. If you are suffering from a case of bladder incontinence, then you can think about getting a Botox shot. Botox increases the volume of the bladder thereby, reducing the incontinence. Once you get a shot, the overactive bladder will be cured gradually.
Although Botox has many benefits, it is still advised you consult your doctor before taking up the treatment.
Zinc deficiency is one epidemic that people are mostly unaware of. As per the data shared by World Health Organization, around 31% of the world population is suffering from zinc deficiency. The problem is also ranked 5th in the leading factors that cause several diseases. It is also a primary reason why underdeveloped nations suffer from high mortality rate as zinc deficiency is associated with child pneumonia and diarrhea.
Every person, young or old, needs to have a regular intake of zinc for a healthy life, which it is known as an essential nutrient. It is also present in every cell, tissue, bone and fluid in the human body; zinc is especially prevalent in male semen and prostate glands.
Common Symptoms Of Zinc Deficiency
Unfortunately, millions of people suffering from zinc deficiency are unaware of their condition. However, looking out for certain key indicators can help in identifying the problem before it becomes severe. Here are the common symptoms of zinc deficiency that everyone must look out for:
- Poor Neurological Function - Zinc is an absolute necessity for neuropsychologic performance and growth. Low levels of zinc lead to attention disorders in infants, which may persist till the adulthood. But, it doesn’t mean you will start pumping your kids with an overdose of zinc. It has been found that zinc is absorbed best with other nutrients and especially when taken with whole foods.
- Weak Immunity - Your immune function works best when it has an adequate amount of zinc. It is vital for the growth of T-Cell and differentiating white blood cells to keep diseases at bay. Zinc is also necessary for the structural component of the hormone receptors. They contribute exponentially to have a healthy and balanced immune function.
- Diarrhea & Leaky Gut - Impaired immunity causes zinc deficiency diarrhea, which can become a persistent health problem. Every year diarrhea affects nearly 2 million children worldwide, and most of them are suspected to have a zinc deficiency and bacterial infection. Leaky gut, also called intestinal permeability can lead to a slew of health problems like skin allergies, thyroid problems, and nutrient malabsorption.
Zinc Rich Foods You Must Include In Your Diet
If you are experiencing any of the symptoms shared above, then you might be suffering from the zinc deficiency. To improve the level of zinc in your body, you can either take all natural zinc supplements. But, supplements usually contain several forms of zinc like zinc sulfate, zinc acetate and more. Thus, it is better to include the below-shared foods in your diet, which contain a high amount of zinc:
- Pumpkin seeds –1/2 cup: 8.4 mg
- Grass-fed Beef – 4 oz: 5.2 mg
- Lamb – 4 oz: 5.2 mg
- Cashews – 1/2 cup: 3.8 mg
- Chickpeas (Garbanzo beans) – 1 cup cooked: 2.5 mg
- Mushrooms – 1 cup cooked: 1.9 mg
- Chicken – 4 oz: 1.6 mg
- Kefir or Yogurt – 1 cup: 1.4 mg
- Spinach – 1 cup cooked: 1.4 mg
- Cocoa powder – 1 Tbsp: 0.4 mg
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.