Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Seema Tyagi
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Management of Fertile Period
Submit a review for Dr. Seema TyagiYour feedback matters!
Only rarely does a food product can be associated with both the names of “good product” and a “bad product”. This is because the content of the food might vary and over a period of time, the same can be termed bad.
In a nutshell, yoghurt or the plain, low-fat yoghurt is an excellent health food. But however, the same cannot be said about certain ingredients in the yoghurt like the added sweeteners. So let's talk about what to look for in a healthy yoghurt.
- Fat: Most yoghurts have the same percentage of fat as the milk. Many people do prefer low-fat yoghurt over milk as it has a good taste and maintains a healthy balance of the saturated fats
- Protein: Yoghurt is a good source of lean protein. But the amount of protein in yoghurt products differs quite a bit. It is better to have yoghurt that has less water content as their protein ratio would be intact.
Yoghurts to avoid:
Now comes the trickiest part of the types of yoghurt to avoid. Mostly try avoiding sweetened yoghurt. Most of them have artificial sweeteners and they are a strict “no” for your body. Also stay away from “lite” yoghurts. It is true that the fat is removed in these yoghurts, but to compensate for the fat removed, manufacturers add thickeners such as gelatin, gum or starch. The result may not be as beneficial as a natural yoghurt and they can be effectively be categorised as a “bad” yoghurt.
There are many ways by which you can customise your taste by using a yoghurt.
- Fruit and yoghurt, a cup of plain, low-fat yoghurt, a handful of fresh fruit, and a dash of nuts is all that you need. You can mix the contents and to sweeten it you can add a few drops of honey.
- You can also try incorporating yoghurt into other meal plans and snacks throughout the day. They also can be had any time of the day.
- You can even alternate this with that of sour cream and see the taste difference.
- You can add 1teaspoon of flax seeds to 1 bowl curd and take it as mid meal.
- You can make fruit smoothie with curd, fruits and nuts. Take it as breakfast option for weight watchers.
One of the biggest criteria is to check the nutritional value of the yoghurt before taking it for consumption. It would be even better if you check your doctor about the type of yoghurt you can take in. Apart from the health benefits, yoghurt can be used in a number of homemade facials and hair masks. They are also predominantly used as skin moisturisers and be beneficial in getting a blemish free skin. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
Hello Dr, I have "pimple in my vagina" its my problem so what can I do please help me And give some medicine name.
Hello Team, We are trying for a baby from the past 5 months. Our Gynecologist suggested for going through follicular study 2 times but that didn't yielded the result infact she find everything fine in terms of Egg size, Egg getting ruptured etc then she asked for few tests TB PCR, AFB Stain, AFB Culture, HPE Small Biopsy, Gene Expert and all of them are negative. Now she has asked my wife to come over again after few days as she would like to check the tubes. Could anyone suggest if we are on right track. We are having a 6 years old daughter who was conceived without any issue. She was even given birth as a normal delivery. Why are we having so much trouble with our 2nd baby. Do you think we should try for more months as 5 months isn't appropriate period of giving up hopes so far we have tried having relation ship on the dates as suggested by our doctor only still we are having no result. My wife is having Folvite tablet is there anything else which you suggest.
Sir/Madam, my sister. She is staying at Delhi. Water for general use she gets there chlorinated. If she bathes with this chlorinated water. What will be the side effects especially for hair? And what can be the to neutralize chlorinated water. I hope you will answer sooner. Thank You.
I m 7 months pregnant now. Doctor told abdominal circumference for fetus is low Wat does it mean? It'll affect fetus growth?
Many people dread going to the toilet, all thanks to the extreme pain, bleeding (not always though), or itchiness that one experiences during the bowel movement. These are some of the discomfort and complications associated with a condition referred to as Fissure-in-Ano (also known as Anal fissures). Age or sex has no impact in triggering anal fissures as the condition can affect all and sundry (though infants are more susceptible).
Medically, anal fissures are nothing but cuts or cracks (can be chronic or acute longitudinal tears that mainly develop in the anoderm or the epithelial lining of the anal canal) that affects the anal as well as an anal canal (terminal end of the gastrointestinal tract). Without proper treatment and medication, the condition will only deteriorate further piling on the agony and discomfort.
What triggers Anal Fissures?
- In the majority of the cases, the anal fissures, (that mostly appears in the midline posteriorly of the anal canal), are triggered by Constipation or passing of hard stools that cause repeated wear and tear of the anal mucosa resulting in the cracks or fissures.
- Crohn’s Disease (an Inflammatory Bowel Disease that often results in the digestive tract getting inflamed) can play a significant role in the formation of fissures.
- Anal fissures can also result from childbirth, severe diarrhea, HIV, Tuberculosis, anal cancer, to name a few.
- Anal sex can, at times, play a pivotal role in triggering anal fissures.
A person with anal fissures complain of
- Pain and discomfort while passing stool. At times, there may be rectal bleeding as well.
- A skin tag often appears on the skin close to the fissure.
- The skin around the anus appears cracked with irritation and itching.
Ayurveda and Anal Fissures
Many patients with anal fissures, even severe and chronic cases, have been completely cured and treated (ensuring there is no recurrence of the condition) with Ayurveda.
- With constipation being a trigger for anal fissures, Ayurvedic medicines are given to soften the stool and also to treat constipation. In this regard, Triphala deserves a special mention. It works magically to provide relief from constipation and the associated discomfort that comes tagged along.
- The use of Panchakarma can also work wonders to treat anal fissures. Panchakarma involves the use of various herbal oil baths and massages to cleanse the body of the harmful toxins. Anal fissures can be treated using Basti (a part of Panchakarma therapy that eliminates the toxins present in the lower colon using an Ayurvedic enema such as milk, ghee).
- The diet should also be taken care off. Increase the intake of dietary fibers (citrus fruits, prunes, whole grains, beans, nuts, seeds, Brussels Sprouts, peas, to name a few).
- Make it a habit to indulge in exercise and physical activities daily.
- Increase the fluid intake (water, fresh fruit juice, vegetable soup) to keep the body hydrated.
Note: For maximum results, the dosage of the medicine (Triphala or any other Ayurvedic medicines) should be as per the doctor recommended.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Is it good to use hair roots tablets during pregnancy? Does it harm the baby? I'm taking iron n calcium tablets.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
Hey, i got blood with while I go to toilet. Then it came out with shit .tomorrow I eat too much hot food like mutton, chicken, fish, egg. And I am also getting pain insider upper side of penis part where the legs are bend. Is this a serious problem?
I have pcos problem with irregular periods. I am trying for second baby as soon as possible. So pls anybody help where I could solve my problem.
My friend had sex last 3 days ago, and she do not want to get pregnant. Now what she do in this situation?
Hi My wife 4 time pregnant but pregnancy not completed after 15 to 20 days pregnancy automatically miscarriage.
Research proves that exercise is a great way to improve sexual function in both men and women. Whether one suffers from sexual problems like erectile dysfunction or may just want to improve their sex life, exercising the sex muscles is effective in both cases. A particular group of muscles function together and are involved directly in the process. Exercising these muscles will naturally increase the flow of blood to your penis and help improve sexual performance.
Here are ways to exercise which prove to be effective in enhancing your sex life.
- Exercising the core muscles and supporting muscles: This type of exercise aims at strengthening your pelvic floor muscles. An easy way to locate these muscles is to stop the flow of urine midway or to hold one's bladder when one needs to pee. Keeping the muscles contracted for a period of ten seconds and relaxing them completes one cycle. This exercise helps improve erection and control your orgasm better by strengthening the core muscles.
- Exercising the supporting muscles: The second exercise involves pushups. Without this exercise, the other muscles might become tired and one may not be able to achieve sexual fulfillment. This exercise tends to improve the strength of one's abs, lower back, shoulder, chest, arms, legs and buttocks. The muscles in these body parts are the supporting sex muscles which work together to make the act more fulfilling. A set of 10 or 20 pushups, three times a day is recommended.
- Exercising to enhance flow of blood to all body parts: Rebounding on a mini trampoline for at least 10 minutes a day can improve one's sexual performance to a great extent. It is important that one engages in the act carefully so as to avoid injury or accidents. This exercise is both fun and easy. It helps to increase the circulation of blood to all areas of the body and helps to strengthen the pelvic, abdominal muscles, hip and leg muscles. This exercise also helps to overcome lethargy. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!
Obesity is rapidly evolving as a public health issue for our country and as educated people we are responsible in contributing to the ever increasing problem. So what is there that leads to weight gain despite our all effort? The simplest answer is ignorance! Most of the person who are trying hard to curb on weight gain do not succeed in doing so due to inadequate and poor gathered information. Remaining hungry is not the solution for weight loss and we need to inculcate good habits in ourselves smartly to sustain it for long time, else you will loose kilos in few months and regain much more than that .This cycle would continue until we understand the basic of healthy eating.
So the important aspect is to make consistent and slow changes in our lifestyle to sustain ideal weight.
There are few bad habits to watch for:
- Fizzy drinks: Most of fizzy drinks are full of calories and they go down easy the throat. But before we realize we make our system take in loads of calories. Try to restrict on your soft drinks and prefer other beverages like lemon juice and coconut water, both of which can be refreshing with minimal calories.
- TV watching: Eating while watching TV is something which is a very prominent cause of gaining fat. Usually while on screen we tend to forget how much we have taken in and most of time we realize this when a packet full of chips becomes empty!!
- Lack of sleep: It has been shown that due to lack of sleep our hormone cycle gets disturbed and the cortisol levels change, leading to weight gain. Second if we remain awake for long time we tend to eat more , there by gaining extra calories.
- Shopping when hungry: Research has shown that when we buy our grocery when we are hungry, you tend to buy things which are easy to grab and are high in calorie dense. Hence always have a healthy food before you go for shopping.
- Desserts: Eating something after main course often leads to high calorie food intake like ice cream, sweets. So instead of these, try to take simple deserts like lemon water, or something non caloric. Best is to avoid it completely.
- Time of meal: Most of the time we try to postpone or skip our meal, ultimately this leads to severe hunger, making us eat whatever we can grab immediately. Most of the time this is high caloric fast food. Always plan your meals and carry healthy food items with you like fruits, sandwiches.
- Fat free/ sugar free food: Fat free or sugar free foods are not calorie free food items. We should always look for the portion size and amount of calorie we are going to have.
- Lack of exercise: Not taking time out for your regular exercise makes you gain weight and also makes you lazy.
- Going out to eat: Frequent outings leads to increase in the consumption of food high in calorie, sugar and salt, leading to weight gain. Restrict your outings to not more than once or twice a month.
- Dehydration: Drink lots of water, so that you keep on flushing out harmful toxins.
So to avoid being obese eat healthy and exercise regularly.
I am planning to have sex for first time, I am looking for some medicine like manforce or Viagra. Please tell me which 1 I should use.
Marriage is believed to be a license for sex, there is always a partner available anytime, anywhere. Right? Maybe, in the initial stages, before the realities of marriage set in (that too provided you have the privacy and the household chores in order). With kids entering the scene, this scene changes completely. For both men and women, life changes drastically, and sex soon becomes a thing of the past.
While the woman undergoes a lot of physical changes and the new one becomes the centre of all her attention, the male is confused somewhere between frustration and loss of attention.
Suddenly, everything revolves around the new one, and somewhere, the physical intimacy between the couples is completely lost. Most couples resign to it as a way of life, a part of parenthood. Some get frustrated and may even look for sex outside marriage. Come to think of it, what created the child is taken away completely by the child.
However, the scene need not be as bad too. There are always ways and workarounds and taking out a couple of hours for the couple should not be a problem, if planned nicely.
Lost privacy: With the kid on the scene, the couple often loses privacy (of the house sometimes, of their bedroom for sure). This is also one of the main reasons for the loss of sex. Maybe, after a year (or earlier depending on a case-to-case basis), try to have a separate bedroom for the child. This not only gives you privacy but also can lead to a romantic night. So, growing a baby does not have to take you away from your partner!!
Planned dates: Ensure the kid (or kids) is taken care of. Get your close family or friends to babysit them and get yourself out of the environment physically. Being at home will make you constantly want to supervise if things are going well. Trust your babysitters, and they will be fine. Do this at least once a month (or more frequently if possible) to keep the romance alive.
Plan your day: With a newborn baby around (or for that matter, with a child around, whatever the age), there is never an end to the to-do list. Getting to bed very late completely drained does not allow for any physical intimacy between you and the partner. Once in a while, wind up a little early, leave some things for the next day and take some time out with the partner. Even some heartfelt talk would leave you feeling close and be a great way to end the day. Sex, for sure, demands some physical energy and reserve it!! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist and ask a free question.