Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Seema TherajaYour feedback matters!
She had a sex with his boyfriend. She is telling me that she don't feeling orgasm while she had sex nd lots of water or liquid coming through vagina which decrease the enjoyment of sex. Is there any problem or its common in sex.
5 Sweeping Reasons To Drop That Hand Sanitizer You Carry Everywhere!
Although hand sanitizers offer you the convenience to clean your hands sans soap and water, and help in killing germs, these convenient health tools also come with their share of negatives.
Here's why you should drop that bottle of hand sanitizer, every time you can avoid and go conventional with soap and water:
1. Creation of Superbugs and Destruction of Cells
Although the ingredient triclosans prevent the development of bacteria, it does more harm than good. Studies show that it aids creation of superbugs (different types of bacteria that are resistant to certain forms of antibiotics). Furthermore, according to a 2014 study, triclosans have also been found to spur the development of breast cancer cells, not to mention the destruction of brain cells, according to research conducted by the university of california.
2. Causes Disruption in Hormones
Excessive use of hand sanitizers has also been found to bring about abnormal hormonal problems. Studies reveal that the triclosan ingredient can alter the way hormones function in the body, enabling bacteria to be able to adapt and become more resistant to antibiotics.
3. Development of Life-Threatening Health Problems
Another ingredient in hand sanitizers that play a role in preventing the growth of bacteria is parabens. This ingredient has been found to be a potent contributing factor in many health problems such as cancer, skin irritation, endocrine problems, to name a few.
4. Causes Skin Damage in The Long Run
As an active ingredient in hand sanitizers, alcohol can have an adverse effect on your health. It breaks down the protective outermost layer of skin, rendering it easy for toxins like parabens or bpa (bisphenol a) that is found in plastics to penetrate your skin easily.
5. Makes You Resistant to Antibiotics
Using hand sanitizers can make you resistant to antibiotics, thereby lowering your resistance to diseases. They may affect your body's immunity by killing off good bacteria that are responsible for keeping you safe from disease-causing bad bacteria. A study conducted in 2011 found that health care workers who used hand sanitizers more than soap and water are 6 times more likely to fall prey to outbreaks of norovirus (a highly infectious virus that causes viral gastroenteritis)
Hello Sir, I have 2 Children. I got surgery for family planning 6years ago. Till now I am getting periods in regular intervals. I. E. 28 - 30 days. But now it is late by 11 days and till now I did not got menses. Could you please tell me the reasons for this delay and what should I do. Thanks and regards. Kumari N.
My wife is pregnant. But doctor said not to have sex for 4.5 months. Is It compulsory not to have sex for 4.5 month?Please give me good suggestion.
Your suggestion was helpful. But please explain that on which particular days i.e. Before or after periods having sex is safe and a woman do not get pregnant.
My daughter is little tense about her growth of mammry gland she feel ejection of milk she is worried about it Is it natural or has some problem her age is 17 weight 40 and period is going on is there any problem because ejection is produce when pregnancy is there kindly help me.
Respected Doctor, We did unprotected sex in periods n after sex there was bleeding for next one n half day. Is there any chance of pregnancy or not. please suggest n explain.
10 Extra Precautions Need To Be Taken After Cesarean Delivery:
A Cesarean Delivery is unlike normal (vaginal) delivery with fast recovery period. It usually takes four to six weeks for a woman to recover after a C-section.
1. Take Medications for Pain and Discomfort
After the anaesthesia wears off, you will feel pain and discomfort. On first doses, the pain medications will be given intravenously and then after a few days, they will be given orally. Take these medications piously.
2. Get Plenty of Rest and Sleep
Having ample amount of rest and sleep will get your strength back after the Caesarean Delivery. A tip is to fall asleep when your baby falls asleep too. Sleep with your baby especially in the first few weeks of recovery.
3. Ambulate Early
Early ambulation is important after a C-Section. Air may be trapped inside the stomach that causes pain. To relieve the pain and discomfort, mothers should start walking 24 hours after surgery. Sitting, standing and walking should be done in the next 24 hours as well. Fast recovery will be achieved after doing moderate physical activity.
4. Monitor Your Bleeding
Lochia bleeding is important to monitor in the first few weeks after the delivery. The lochia colour, consistency and amount should change over time.
5. Take Fibre-Rich Foods and Know What to Avoid
Fibre-rich foods are important in women recovering from Caesarean Delivery because they relieve constipation and gas formation. Fruits and vegetables are good source of fibre.
6. Learn How to Care for Your Wound
Wash your hands whenever you inspect your wound or change wound dressing. This is the best way to prevent infection. Watch out for signs of infections such as an oozing green discharge or red skin around the wound area. Call your doctor immediately.
7. Avoid Strenuous Activities
All physical activities should be limited in the first few weeks following a C-Section. Even after the sixth week or being fully recovered from the delivery, mothers are advised to refrain from overexertion.
8. Be Warned of Emotional Imbalance
Women are normally emotional after delivery because of hormonal changes. You must watch out if you become overly depressed and hopeless. This may be sign of emotional imbalance and may lead to postpartum depression.
9. Educate Yourself with Right Breastfeeding Techniques
There are different types of baby holding techniques for breastfeeding purpose. It is important to familiarize them and try it on your baby later on. The best advice is to be able to find which ones suit you and your baby the most.
10. Know When To Ring The Emergency Numbers
Secure your Obstetrician and Paediatrician’s numbers in case of emergency. Store them on your phone’s memory. Scribble them down on your notes or pin them on your fridge. You must call for help if you experience fever, flu, skin discoloration and difficulty breathing. Give your OB a ring if you notice green oozing discharges and red flashes on your wound area, smelly vagina, pain when urinating, abdominal pains, severe headache and chest pain.
Hello doctor, Whenever my partner and I have sex my periods date is keep on reducing mean consider if I have date on 26th after sex it will be on 22nd. Why is this? And also the leakage during menstrual cycle on 1st and 2nd day is kind of black clots.
In general, the menstrual flow consists of several layers, which include old blood, endometrial lining, nutrients, the tissue remains, etc. All these layers are discharged together as menstrual bleeding/menstrual flow. Sometimes only the layer of nutrients may be discharged before the actual menstruation - this is causing the brown discharge before period.
Incidents in a menstrual cycle may happen that the endometrial cells are not entirely expelled - 'old' endometrial cells can leave uterus during next period and usually appear as brown discharge before period. If the cause of the discharge is the endometrial cells turning from red to brown due to the delayed elimination, there would be no reason to worry. Often polyps of the uterus and/or cervical polyps can be responsible for brown discharge before period. Polyps are the groups of cells that have grown abnormally inside the uterus (mainly because of hormonal dysfunctions). Cells of polyps can bleed very slowly before period and the brown discharge before period could be a result of the bleeding from polyps.
I am 25 years I had sex for the first time with my boy friend and now I am feeling that my vagina is bit loose please suggest me how to tighten vaginal walls and is there any remedy to regain hymen Please suggest.
I am pregnant now I am tried to be after 5-5 mint I have to go for pee even I can't sleep at night can you suggest for pee n insomnia.
I am 31 years female with primary infertility I will be having pinning and prickling sensation over right side of lower abdomen ie near ovary region and also will be having severe breast pains if these pains are there I will get periods I don't know what to do and why these are coming. One more thing is when female conceived she will not have breast pains and stomach pain? Pls help me.
In India, we move from one festival to the next. Lohri is the first major festival of the year and is celebrated in most parts of North India to mark the waning of winter and the harvest of Rabi crop. Lohri celebrations are characterised by blazing bonfires, folk dance and songs and trays filled with rewri, peanuts, popcorn, gajjak, sarson ka saag and makki ki roti. Unlike traditional mithais that go along with all other festivals, these foods are in fact healthy. Here are a few of their health benefits.
- Rewri and Gajjak: Rewri is a hardened toffee like sweet made from jaggery and sesame seeds. Jaggery helps regulate digestion and internal temperature, cleanses the blood and helps prevent problems like acne, joint pains and menstrual problems. It is also a rich source of iron and has anti-allergenic properties.
- Sesame seeds: Sesame seeds are rich in copper, zinc, iron, calcium, phosphorus and manganese. These nutrients help promote healthy bones, boost immunity, reduce stress and fight free radicals. This can help reduce chances of osteoporosis and slow down the ageing process. Sesame seeds are also said to have the ability to reduce the risk of many types of cancer.
- Peanuts: Peanuts are a rich source of folate, manganese and essential amino acids like tryptophan. This helps regulate blood sugar, metabolise fats and carbohydrates and helps the body to absorb calcium and promote healthy joints. Pregnant women can benefit from peanuts as the folic acid in them can help reduce the risk of giving birth to a baby with congenital defects. Peanuts can also help prevent gallstones and help regulate mood swings. Peanuts are also great for the brain as the vitamin B3 and niacin in them helps boost memory. These nutrients also help reduce bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol levels. Hence, peanuts reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Popcorn: Unlike the popcorn you enjoy at a movie hall, popcorn that is eaten at Lohri celebrations is free from butter and added flavouring. On its own popcorn is a rich source of fibre and has a very low calorific value. This makes popcorn a good snack to eat between meals. Popcorn is a whole grain snack and is rich in anti-oxidants called polyphenols. This can help protect the body against cancer, heart disease and other diseases caused by free radicals.
To make your Lohri even healthier, don’t just sit around the bonfire and warm your hands, Get up and dance to the beat of the dhol and burn all the calories you’ve been eating.
We are trying for pregnancy from last 1 year. We have done semen analysis, HSG, and now we are doing follicular study. Now it's 2nd cycle. Doctor has given tablets Mvista, Maturova from day 2nd to day 7th. 2 days before (on day 13th of cycle) my follicle size is 24 mm. Doctor gave me hcg injection & advised to take susten tablets for 15 day (daily 2). Yesterday in ultrasound Sonography it is showing 32 mm size & cyst formed. There is pain in my ovary. What we should do next. Please give me information about cyst. I am scared about cyst. What could be the next treatment?
Social networking refers to a multitude of websites that let the people from across the globe to get in touch with each other and interact through photos, videos discussions or audio. To name a few, Facebook tops the list by having over 1.2 billion active users monthly from across the world, followed by Twitter, Snapchat and LinkedIn.
As per the latest statistics, around 42% of populace online at one time, is using social networking sites either on their laptops or mobiles. Majority of this population is below 30 years of age, whereas the figure is changing for internet users aged 65 years and above. People use these sites to stay in touch with family and friends, to share things, express their views on matters and to find out what's happening in the other corner of the world.
But this usage can have many negative effects on the mental health and well-being of users both children and adults.
- It is addictive: It has been analyzed that these social networking sites are often addictive with people using them daily or even several times during a day. They log in to these sites for many reasons like to overcome boredom, distraction, to check their likes and comments which are usually a positive support after posting a status or information.
- It makes us do unfair comparisons: Various posts on social media at times make people compare their lives with others. And it is said, the grass is always greener on the other side, it makes you feel low thinking how idealized are the lives of people connected to you.
- Social media makes us restless: Many people start feeling restless when they are unable to access their social media accounts.
- Cyberbullying: Social media increases cyberbullying specifically in adolescents.
- Increased use of Alcohol: Social media glamorizes the use of drugs and alcohol since the teenagers often view the pictures of people using it and out of peer pressure would like to try them.
- Social media increases unhappiness: Enthusiastic users feel that social media fluctuates their moods also leaving them dissatisfied in their lives.
- FOMO: It might also lead to FOMO, fear of missing out. Pinterest might give you a feeling that you are not creative or talented, Twitter and Facebook might make you feel that you are not smart and are not enjoying your life enough.
Excess of social networking might also lead to problems like anxiety, feeling of imperfection, may induce a feeling of being miserable or in some cases might even cripple the basic need for social interaction. It has been known to create a digital landscape has exerts an unnecessary and increased pressure on the generation today and the general population has to a larger extent.