Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Seema Theraja
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Seema TherajaYour feedback matters!
How good you perform in bed depends not only in your moves, but strangely and incredibly on what you eat. A good sexual life is desired by all and if that is linked with food, it only makes the prospect attainable and easy.
Some of the foods which help you spice up your sex life are:
- Strawberries: The reputation of strawberries as an aphrodisiac is well known as well as well established. According to research, strawberry considerably improves sexual functioning in men and women. At the same time, it is rich in antioxidants and increases sperm count in men.
- Avocados: It is a common knowledge that anything that helps the functioning of heart and enhances blood circulation works as a great boost for the sex life. It is precisely this that makes Avocadoes a great option to improve your sex life. Being rich in vitamin E, they work wonders for the heart, thereby reducing the risk of an erectile dysfunction that most men suffering from heart diseases tend to develop.
- Almonds: It is common knowledge that almonds are good not only for your health, but also for spicing up your sex life. Being rich in selenium, almonds help in treating problems related to infertility. At the same time, they boost libido in men and increase the production of sex hormones in men.
- Sweet potatoes: Unknown to many, sweet potatoes are a great aphrodisiac. Packed with potassium, they help in preventing high blood pressure, thereby reducing chances of erectile dysfunction.
- Sesame seeds: Sesame seeds, a common ingredient in many of your food items, are packed with zinc. It is this that makes them an excellent source for boosting libido.
- Watermelon: This may top your list as a favorite fruit as it provides considerable relief in summer but what you may know is that along with low calories, it is high in phytonutrients, thereby helping in improving your sex life.
Sir, I am 32 years old, NCM,conceived naturally after one year of trying which resulted in missed abortion at 9 wks, probable cause told was aneuploidy. My hormone tests are normal, AMH is 1.3,Diag hysterolap showed e/o bilateral dilated tubes with delayed spill. Semen analysis with Dna frag is normal. 4 iui s failed. Borderline lupus anticoagulant negative so started on aspirin, enoxaparin 40, hcqs. With Icsi, conceived following 4 embryos transferred. Had twin gestation lost one at 6wks and other twin in NT scan showed f/o Turners (cystic hygroma with hydrops). Planning termination with poc molecular Karyotyping and both of ours Karyotyping. They ve told its due to poor egg quality. Sir I ve not been able tp conceive for 2 years following first natural conception except now with icsi with chromosomal abnormalities. Pls tell me how to go ahead.
I am participating first time sex with wife on marriage night. How to participate without any diseases. And I want her to get pregnant.
I am 21 years old. I am having bleeding in vaginal discharge but not continue. What is the reason of this. I Am also having irregular periods.
This is my second month carrying, am getting pain at Anal, Please suggest me the medicine, am worrying any medicine or pain killer may effect my pregnancy. Thanks.
Have pcod. On 2 cycle of clomid. Still didn't get conceive Side effects of clomid are there. Weight increase. What should I do next.
I am 20 years old female. I have stomach pain in my period days. I take pain relief. Is that right can I take pain relief or it is harmful. What should I do now.
I am five months pregnant. My urine analysis shows 8-10 pus cells and traces of albumin. I am worried. Please advice.
Yes, you are right that is watermelon.
Isn't it amazing to have a fruit whose each and every part is useful, the fruit itself pink portion, seeds and yes the rind i.e. the white portion.
The watermelon rind or the white portion is mostly discarded, has a powerful antioxidant enzyme glutathione peroxidase. The rind also contains citrulline, an amino acid which helps in the production of nitric oxide, that dilates blood vessels and paves way for smoother blood flow, thus improving heart health.
Keep watching this space for recipes incorporating white rind of watermelon. Reducing the footprints.
I have multiple fibroids so lamnot getting pregnant during inter course semen back what are causes please give treatment.
*I had got my periods on 19th last month (November). N I took ipill on 28th. Exactly 15 days later I got bleeding (But 6 days b4 I had penetration again. Whr he never ejaculated inside me.) Just a little everyday which lasted like for 5. Days. (Kind off like periods nly) shud I get my actual periods on 19th of December again?
I am 21 years old recently married. I am afraid of pain during first intercourse. I have heard it's painful I am bit afraid of it, is there any medicine or something to get rid of the pain during first intercourse.
I got periods before coming to my actual days I think 10 days before). Is it something else or normal?
Pcod means polycystic ovarian disease, in which multiple small cystic present in ovaries.
1- losing weight
2- quite smoking
3- eat healthy food
Pelvic pain is most common in women, though sometimes it occurs in men as well. There is absolutely no reason why pelvic pain cannot be treated and therefore women need not panic if they are experiencing such pain. The treatment of any pain can be done methodically after discovering its cause. Thus, before jotting down the treatments for pelvic pain, it is important to explore the reasons that cause pelvic pain in women.
Reasons for pelvic pain
- Reproductive organs in women play an important part in causing pelvic pain. The reproductive organ is complex when it comes to women and many small or big problems there might end up leading to pelvic pain.
- Any urinary infection or bladder irritation might also lead to pelvic pain.
- The nerves and muscles of the abdomen may cause pain in the pelvis area as well. In fact, the nerves and muscles are very tender near the pelvis area and care should be taken so that one does not strain them or pull the ligaments. This can cause severe pain.
- Another interesting point to be noted is that sometimes even after going through a lot of examinations, no causes of pelvic pain are found. In such cases it is understood that the pelvic pain is a manifestation of the remains of a long forgotten injury or accident.
- It has been examined and found out that physical abuse can at times lead to chronic pelvic pain. Though this link has not yet been understood properly, but it is seen to be true.
Treatments for pelvic pain
- The most basic treatment is to apply heating pad on the affected area. Heat helps in relaxing the muscles and nerves thereby, lessening the pain. However, this would reduce the pain, but cannot make it disappear in a day. Thus, it is a continued process for a week or 10 days till the pain recedes.
- Relaxation techniques like meditation, breathing exercises, yoga and even muscle exercises like jogging help in reducing the pain. However, this should be done under guidance. One wrong move can actually aggravate the pain instead of lessening it.
- Then there are painkillers which are non-steroidal and help in lessening the pain. Painkillers have a correct dosage and must be taken only after consulting a doctor. Self-medication in such cases can prove disastrous.
- At times, when all medications fail, surgery is the last resort.
Thus, these are some of the treatments that can be undertaken if and when you are experiencing pelvic pain. All these are connected to the root cause and must be followed only under medical supervision.