Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Seema Singhal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Seema SinghalYour feedback matters!
I am 37 years and married. Last year went through failed IVF. For some time I got my periods regular but for the last 4-5 months the periods have stopped suddenly and there is no pregnancy. I have already been treated for cyst also before the IVF. What would you suggest.
My wife is not having menstrual cycle for past two months she is not pregnant she is to fatty in regards with her age and height is ther any complication in becoming pregnant.
Polycystic Ovarian Disease or PCOD is a hormonal system disorder occurring in women of reproductive age. It is also known as Stein-Leventhal syndrome. PCOD refers a unique set of symptoms, which occur when there is a hormonal imbalance in a woman’s body. The symptoms include late or no periods, pain in the pelvic region, heavy bleeding during periods, weight gain, growth of facial hair, acne and difficulty in conception or getting pregnant.
Cysts develop in the ovaries, which cause hormonal imbalances like the levels of androgen get raised more than the normal limits. Although androgens are the hormones for male, they are present in minor quantities in normal females. With the increase of androgen levels, it creates a disturbance in normal ovulation cycle leading to disturbance in menses.
All PCOD patients are advised to lose weight and do regular exercise. The common symptoms include irregular menses, growth of facial hair and other parts of the body like arms, abdomen, chest, legs and fingers. An ultrasound examination can confirm the ovarian cysts. PCOD can lead to complications like type 2 diabetes, raised cholesterol levels, infertility, depression, cancer of uterus.
Losing weight helps to reduce high insulin level in the blood. In case of obesity, weight loss will reduce insulin resistance, stimulate ovulation and will improve fertility rate.
The conventional system of medicine has no cure for PCOD. Homeopathy, however, offers the best alternative as it concentrates on treating and curing the root cause of the problem. Homeopathy believes that the human body is designed by nature to keep itself disease free and when its own internal vitality is unbalanced, the body becomes prone to disease. Once the vitality regains its original balance, the human body is able to nurse itself back to health without any external aid.
The correct homeopathy treatment is by giving constitutional medicine after taking into consideration the physical and mental make -up of the patient. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
Some critical question which everybody has doged in earlier attempts. 1. What is the best contraceptive for male other than condoms. 2. Does usage of condom by men impacts on pleasure for a woman. 3. What is healthy intercourse duration after foreplay. 4. What is the best medicine to improve sexual life.
With changing lifestyles, the small household chores have become the workouts for most of us. When not done properly, however, these cause more harm than good. The spine often bears the brunt of this damage. Read on to know if you are damaging your spine on a daily basis. If yes, time to change the way you do these activities.
- Carrying shopping bags: While two bags might look more expensive, carrying one bag tilts the weight to one side and causes the spine to bend. Instead, opt for two small bags, and this weight distribution is friendly on the spine.
- Cleaning the floor: Either sit down completely or stand and use a mop. Never bend down and try to clean the floor with a cloth. The spine posture created during this is very unhealthy and puts pressure on the spine.
- Tying up shoe laces: While it is difficult to sit down and tie the shoe laces, it is definitely worth the effort. Bending down and tying is harmful to the spine posture, and when repeatedly done, can be damaging in the long run.
- Washing vessels: Bending and washing vessels is a strict no-no. It puts too much pressure on the back and the disk wears out faster. Try standing and keep a stool at knee level, on which you can rest the knee. Take turns to do this on the right and left knee.
- At the washbasin: Bending down to brush the teeth or wash face is bad on the spine. Over a long period, this can put lot of strain on the spine. Try to rest your hand on the wall or the sink and see the pressure on the spine reduce.
- Office/school bags: It is very easy to sling a bag onto the shoulder and go on. The bag could contain books of a school kid or laptop of an office goer, whatever may be the situation, this puts uneven pressure on the back and can cause shoulder and spine issues. Always try to put the bag on both your shoulders. This distributes the weight and makes it easy on your shoulders and spine. Especially for people who are going to do some walking with the bag, it is definitely not advisable to carry it on one side.
- Sitting: For those who end up sitting for long hours, there is too much stress on the back and so support is advisable. Take short breaks and avoid sitting for more than an hour at a stretch.
- Bad mattress: While a soft mattress is very inviting, it does not support the spine and does not leave you fresh in the morning. Choose a mattress that supports the spine and see the difference. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.