Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Seema SinghalYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from irregular menstrual cycle since 9-10 yrs. Whenever I take 21day tab I get regular cycle and when I do not my cycle comes after 5 months. I was diagnosed with PCOD once. And had ovarian cyst 7 years back. My weight has increased.
Can you say me till 7 months are over for my marriage n no pregnancy news y is this so? N I am 19 years old.
Ayurveda, which is an age old medicinal practice and has its own influence on the very important and intimate aspect of one's life that is the sex life of a person. Vajikarna, better known as ‘vishwachikitsa’, is one of the specialities in the field of Ayurveda that deals with aphrodisiacs and virility leading to good physique and freedom from impotency. The various herbs of Ayurveda help in curing major sexual problems, such as penile dysfunction, premature ejaculation and sexual exhaustion.
Here are a few reasons why Ayurvedic treatments should be preferred over conventional ones:
- The base of Ayurvedic treatments is all natural: The base of Ayurvedic treatments consists of herbs, plants, fruits and all vegetation growing around you. The usage of all natural elements for treatment of sexual diseases is more promising as they do not cause any side-effects as opposed to usage of supplements loaded with chemicals which might throw off the hormonal balance of your body.
- Ayurveda stresses on curing the ‘doshas’: The three ‘doshas’ in the body are ‘kapha’, ‘vata’ and ‘pitta’ and Ayurveda focuses on removing these ‘doshas’ along with curing the diseases. Removing these doshas while curing sex diseases is a major benefit of using Ayurveda because it helps you attain a better orgasm.
- Use of Ayurvedic herbs:
- All the medicinal plants used in Ayurveda are devoid of any side effect and help in reversing the side effects of over masturbation by strengthening the nervous system and increasing the blood flow to the penile area.
- Ashwagandha: This herb not only helps in getting rid of the side-effects but also prevents them from resurfacing. As an additional benefit, it helps in increasing the flow of libido, thus, reducing sexual exhaustion.
- Focus on overall well-being: Ayurveda is concerned with the overall physical well-being of the patient across all spheres that is physical, psychological, spiritual and is beneficial to social wellness as well while allopathic treatments rely solely on bio-chemistry and focus on fixing only one sexual problem at a time.
I am a 53 year old post menopausal married female without any children. I am a patient of hypothyroid since my childhood for which I consume 1Eltroxin 100 mg tablet daily. I am also allergic to NSAID drugs. I am also partaking a Calcium supplement daily. However from the last two years or so I feel pain ONLY below my left knee and above my left heel. I have tried Paracetamol tablets, analgesic ointments, etc. Without much relief. Please guide me as to the symptom and mode of treatment to ease the pain level. I also engage in brisk walking for about an hour on at least 3-4 days a week. Being a vegetarian I also consume fruits, green leafy vegetables, etc. Yet I see no remedy to my left leg pain. Please reply
I am feeling like I am pregnant but a little blood comes out when I am forcing to do stool and after that no blood it happens during my period time after when I was 2 days late for my period. I feel very tired n having body aches. M I pregnant ?I have done sex almost regularly.
I have pcod n m on diane35 since approx n years I haven't lost my weight m working on it bt now I have regular periods. So can I stop the medicine or continue it until I lose weight. I also have thyroid nd taking medicine for that as well.
Hi doctor, I was having my periods on 26/7/16 & I had unprotected sex on 6/8/16 but I am worried about if I will become pregnant. So I am planning to take "unwanted -72" will it be ok?
Preconception planning and health care focus on things you can do before and between pregnancies to increase your odds of having a healthy child. For a few women, preparing their body for pregnancy takes a couple of months. For others, it may take longer. Here are a few things you should consider in your preconception planning:
- See your doctor: Before getting pregnant, consult a doctor and talk to them about the preconception healthcare needs. The doctor will need to examine your family history and any other medical conditions you may have at present that could influence your future pregnancy.
- Medical conditions: In case you have any medicinal conditions, make sure they are under control and being dealt with properly. Some of these conditions include: STDs (sexually transmitted diseases), diabetes, thyroid, phenylketonuria (PKU), seizures, hypertension, joint inflammation, dietary issues and other chronic diseases.
- Lifestyle and behavior: Consult a doctor or a specialist in case you smoke, drink liquor or use drugs; live in an unpleasant or oppressive environment; or work with or live around harmful substances.
- Medication: Consuming certain medicines during pregnancy can bring about genuine birth defects. These include some remedy and over-the-counter pharmaceuticals and dietary or home grown supplements. In case you are planning a pregnancy, you need to examine the requirement for any medicine with your specialist before becoming pregnant and ensure you are taking just those medicines that are vital.
- Take 400 micrograms of folic acid every day: Folic acid is a vital nutrient that the body requires, especially during pregnancy. If a woman has enough folic acid in her body at least one month before and during pregnancy, it can prevent some birth defects of the infant's brain and spine.
- Quit drinking alcohol, smoking, and using drugs: Smoking, drinking liquor and consuming drugs can bring about numerous issues during pregnancy for a woman and her child which may include untimely birth, birth imperfections, and newborn death.
- Dodge toxic substances and environmental contaminants: Dodge lethal substances and other ecological contaminants and destructive materials at work or at home. For example, engineered chemicals, metals, bug sprays, fertilizers and animal faeces.
- Maintain a healthy weight: Women who are overweight have a higher risk for some serious conditions, including complications during pregnancy, coronary disease, type-2 diabetes and certain other diseases (endometrial, bosom, and colon). Women who are underweight are likewise at risk for other medical issues. The way to accomplish and keep up a sound weight is not about short-term dietary changes. One should maintain it throughout in order to stay healthy and fit.
- Family history: Gathering your family's health history can be critical for your child’s well-being. Depending upon your family history, you might be recommended to genetic counselling by your doctor. Women go for genetic counselling owing to different reasons such as having had premature deliveries in the past, an infant’s death, infertility, or even a hereditary condition or birth defect that happened during a past pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
My wife aged 74 has pinching and pain in her vergina area urine culture is ok. No bp now she uses lubec ointment there but white some times come and pain didnot redused what medicine Dr.Suggest her wt. Is 58kg and ht is150.
Hello sir we had a sex n then take ipill. Also check pregnancy test by steps but both time it's come negative but my wife not getting period yet what should I do.
My wife is a 3 months pregnant. What diet is required from first trimester. Please suggest what supplement is required?
Hello Doctor. I am 28 years old and my wife 29. We are having sex without condom from long time. But she is not getting pregnant. What should I do.
Dear sir/mam, my wife age is 22 But & I was getting married before 6 Month. And that time her breast was very Loose & Small so she used suddol breast cream but still nothing improve of tightness. So please suggest how breast can tight & Big. Is there any cream & Or need to exercise please suggest me.
I am 34 Year old woman and had been suffering with gas problem since last 2 years. Its like GERD. I had taken allopathy, ayurveda and homeopathy too. Two weeks back I got pain in my lower abdomen. It lasted for two weeks. I consulted my gastro doc and my gynecologist. I went through many tests but no reason was found. I spent a big amount on several tests, ultrasounds and CECT etc. And its very disappointing that no test could gave me good reason. According to CECT, I have a cyst around 3mm in left ovary but my doc ruled out this possibility too as its not of a big size. Please let me know what can be the reasons for this pain. Can stress be a reason too?
A panic attack can start suddenly and may be caused due a variety of reasons. A patient of depression and anxiety usually goes through such attacks. The symptoms of these attacks include sudden and persistent fear, the feeling of losing control, the feeling of having a heart attack, palpitations problem, sweating, dizzy spells and more. It has been medically proven that most adults go through at least one or more panic attacks in their lifetime.
Here are a few ways in which one can stop a panic attack:
- Recognise the Signs: Take note of the symptoms. From a feeling of choking to detachment, losing control, surreal experiences, dizzy spells, nausea, pain in the abdomen and chills, to tremors, and a fear of facing death, there are many symptoms that can put your body in a fight or flight response where things may suddenly seem terrifying, and without any reason at that.
- Breath Control: Learn to control your breathing as soon as you begin to experience the symptoms. This will help in distraction even as it soothes and calms you down, thus forcing you to think rationally about the fear and helplessness that you are suddenly experiencing. Sit down with your knees bent and let your shoulders relax.
- Relaxation Techniques: Learn and practice a few relaxation techniques during times like these. This may include simple things like rubbing your neck and more focused activities like talking to yourself and meditating.
- Continuation: Remember to hold your breath, let it out, and then carry on with the activity that you had set out to do. If you stop what you were doing, then the message going to your brain is loud and clear and you will panic even further. But if you relax and zone out before letting yourself go about the chore, however robotically, then it will have a positive effect on the messages that are sent to your brain.
- Medication: In the event that you are not able to fully control and relax yourself and your thoughts, then you may want to see a psychiatrist who can prescribe specific medication that will help in relaxing you. Sedatives and antidepressants may also be prescribed for patients who are going through severe episodes of panic with debilitating symptoms.
- Differentiate between Stress and Panic: Many times, we may feel like we are panicking, yet this may simply be a way of going through stress. It is important to focus on recognising events and reactions as stress or panic.
Not allowing yourself run away from a situation is a sure shot way of dealing with panic as this condition the brain to be more accepting and resilient. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.