Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Seema SinghalYour feedback matters!
There comes a stage in every woman's life when on one hand she is relieved to see the end of monthly menstruation, and on the other hand has to deal with a host of other problems. This is called menopause, and hot flushes are a common symptom faced by most menopausal women. Hot flushes can be described as spikes in internal body temperature and excessive sweating accompanied by dizziness, nausea and overall tiredness. Homeopathy can be very effective in relieving menopausal symptoms such as hot flushes. Each woman's symptoms of hot flushes are unique, and a homeopathic doctor will prescribe treatment based on her symptoms and personality characteristics. Five most common homeopathic remedies for hot flushes are:
Sepia is anti-spasmodic and an energy enhancer that is very effective for women who perspire heavily because of hot flushes and feel very weak. Sepia addresses not only the physical symptoms of the reproductive organs but also the emotional symptoms. It also treats associated hair loss, depression, irritability and a reduced libido.
Women who benefit from Lachesis are usually lively and easily excitable, but at the same time can quickly turn suspicious and aggressive. Menopause makes these symptoms worse. When it comes to hot flushes, Lachesis is especially beneficial for women who suffer from pressure and burning sensations on the vertex. Lachesis is also prescribed mostly for menopausal women who experience hot flushes that start from the head, and are worse just before sleeping or on waking up.
Pulsatilla is a useful remedy for any major hormonal change. It works very well on women who tend to be indecisive and do not like being isolated. Pulsatilla can be very effective if your hot flushes are followed by chilly spells and emotional upheaval.
If your hot flushes makes you feel like your face is on fire and turns your skin red, Belladonna is what you need. Doctors commonly prescribe this homeopathic remedy for patients who are restless and agitated and suffer from palpitations. Menopausal women with hot flushes, who benefit from Belladonna, also usually suffer from dizziness, throbbing headaches, diarrhea and swollen joints.
If you generally feel fine but any slight exertion makes you feel tired and you experience sudden hot flashes, you may need Ferrum Metallicum. This can be accompanied by heavy perspiration and chilly spells. Ferrum Metallicum works ideally on people who are naturally temperamental, intolerant and compulsive workers. "
I have been trying to conceive for now almost one and half year. Three months back I changed my doctor&had my HSG which was clear and was prescribed OvigynDSR on regular basis and Clomiphene frm day 2 of cycle and folic acid tablets started 2 months back. Is it ok to take OvigynDSR in regular basis.
I am 33 years old and now I am 5 month pregnant what dietbi should eat and what things should I do for a healthy baby and when can I feel the baby movements.
Dear Doctor, I'm not sure if I'm still pregnant. My Beta HCG on 15th Aug was 726 and on 22nd Aug, it was 1541. My last period was on 22nd June. But I started to bleed past three days not heavy but I need to put a pad. I did a home pregnancy test just to ease my mind it came very dark both the C & T on the home test are dark. But this bleeding is worrying me. Can any one help, am I still pregnant? 22nd or 25th is usually my menstrual date so is it my period I'm not sure as the flow is not heavy. Please reply.
Hello doctor. My girlfriend age 20 is 7 weeks pregnant. We want abortion. Surgical abortion .what is the cost of that. And best clinic for that.
Hi, on the 13th of April I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend but I'm pretty sure there was no ejaculation, the intercourse only lasted for about few minutes. Her period was on the 7th of April, she usually has a 27-30 days cycle, is there a chance of pregnancy?
Kya pregnancy ke dauran ovarian cyst ka laproscopic surgery ho sakta haii. Bina bachcha aur mother ke taklif ke. please suggest me.
If a girl is virgin and semen is released outside her vaginal part, then can speemc travel inside her vagina and can pregnancy is possible?
Hi Doctor, I have a Polycystic ovaries problem due to which my periods are irregular. Can you please suggest me the medicines to come out of this problem. Thank you
Get proper evaluations if you see blood in stool.
I am chitra, 27 years old. Had a c section 8 months ago. Last month I had a bit of bleeding just spots nd till now again no periods. Nd also I have severe back ache. Kindly suggest wt to do.
My age is 35 my sperm count is 40 million but my sperm motailty is 5% so please suggest medicine and my wife is 30 years old, she is suffering from pcod. We want to conceive but not been suceess please suggest medicine for both of them.
Hi, I have a daughter, present I don't want any children's which way is best to avoid pregnancy up to 3-4 years, can you help me in that?
I'm 30 years old male. How to increase sex drive. I'm loosing interest in sex. I regularly take cold shower.
Iam30years old I get every month 2-3 days before for my period date but this month one day before but I have period 1day only n second day little why this happens pl tells me.
A rising number of teenage girls in the country are getting affected with Poly Cystic Ovarian Disease or PCOD. Though an advanced menarche has become very rampant these days, there are many young women who are suffering from a delay in menarche which in turn is leading to PCOD as opined by gynaecologists. Obesity and sedentary lifestyle among young people have caused a rapid doubling of PCOD cases in the past five to eight years.
Occurrence and Symptoms:
Gynaecologists report that they get at least 15 fresh instances of PCOD cases, and a considerable number of teenagers aged 16-17 are not getting their menarche. Such patients are recommended to take a strictly balanced diet which will help them to lose weight. Initially, their mothers think that they would experience their menarche in proper time, but some girls are diagnosed with PCOD when taken to a family gynaecologist. Even worse, they could never imagine that their obesity can pave the way for such a grave health issue. PCOD can cause numerous other problems like delayed and irregular menses, rapid weight gain and tremendous difficulty in losing weight, developing acne and blocked skin pores.
Help yourself with the right diet:
There is no proven evidence regarding the cause of PCOD though gynaecologists are of the opinion that some females possess a predisposition to this disease, and it may run hereditarily in the family. You can alleviate your PCOD symptoms to a considerable extent by regulating your diet properly.
Have loads of fruits and green leafy vegetables and try to abstain from dairy products as many experts believe that dairy products are a direct cause of an increase in insulin levels, which can aggravate skin troubles along with other PCOD symptoms. Avoiding red meat and eating lean meat instead will help the condition and reduce the chances of infertility. It is always recommended to avoid hydrogenated and saturated fats, which are normally found in animal and dairy-based food. Try to put a stop to cheese, cottage cheese, clarified butter, pork, lamb, beef, etc. and certain baked products like cookies, cakes and fudges as they will trigger a rise in your blood sugar and cholesterol levels.
The following dietary tips can be helpful with the condition:
- High levels of the insulin hormone causes PCOS symptoms like high blood sugar, increased hair growth, weight gain etc. So, refined foods rich in fat and carbohydrates should be consumed in small amounts.
- Whole foods in their natural, uncooked form should be consumed fruits, vegetables, nuts, beans etc. These are low glycemic foods that reduce the glucose circulation by insulin.
- Intake of salt should be very limited. You should not consume more than 3 grams a day.
- Green vegetables have antioxidants. These are good for women with PCOS because they have a high amount of oxidative stress.
- Your daily diet should contain at least 30 grams of fiber to improve the digestion process and remove toxins.
- Milk and dairy products are best avoided because milk helps to increase the level of testosterone (male hormone) in the body.
- Soy products should also be avoided, especially if you are trying to conceive, because they interfere with the ovulation cycle.
- Processed fat is harmful but essential fatty acids found in avocado, fish, olive oil and nuts are important for the body.
- High levels of male hormones also cause high cholesterol. So foods which have high saturated fats like butter, cream, coconut oil and fatty meat should not be included in the regular diet of women with PCOS.
- Protein-rich foods like lean meat, fish, legumes, whole grains are beneficial as protein can stabilize blood sugar. These foods also keep you feeling full and prevent over-eating.
PCOD is such a condition which you can never afford to overlook. If you had been facing any of the common symptoms, then it is probably time to pay a visit to a responsive gynaecologist. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
There are a number of reasons that can cause pain during intercourse. Physical intimacy is one such thing that requires your physical and mental stimulation in order to create a satisfactory environment and peak appropriately.
From sexual interest to stimulation, excitement and even sexual peak - there are four distinct stages in the act of sex and sexual intercourse that inevitably follows, until orgasm. So, it is important to be in the right frame emotionally and physically in order for the four phases to progress properly towards sexual climax. Yet, there are a number of reasons that can cause a decline in sexual interest and drive, as well as a less than satisfactory sex life. One of the reasons includes pain that many people, especially women, experience during the act of sex. This is called Intercourse pain or even Dyspareunia. Following are the reasons behind this pain-
- Cervical Problems: Many times, problems with the cervix can lead to dryness which can cause pain during intercourse. This may occur due to infections and other such conditions which cause pain during deep penetration.
- Uterus Related Problems: There may be problems with the uterus including fibroids and other such growths in the lining which can lead to pain during intercourse. Also, the presence of Endometriosis can also cause pain during such activities. In this condition, the tissue lining usually ends up growing outside the uterus which can cause severe pain and other related symptoms.
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease: This condition is also known as PID. In such cases, the tissue within the pelvic region can get infected to a great extent which causes a variety of painful symptoms and growths including pain during intercourse.
- Ectopic Pregnancy: When the fertilised egg develops outside the uterus, it is known as an ectopic pregnancy. In such cases, there may be pain in the region during sexual stimulation and activity.
- Vaginal Infections: Pain during sexual intercourse may also be experienced due to vaginal infections and other yeast infections as well as a condition known as Vaginismus which can lead to involuntary twitches and spasms that can arise because of fear of getting hurt.
- Lack of Lubrication: Excessive dryness and lack of lubrication, especially during stimulation can lead to pain during intercourse as well, as the opening does not expand or accommodate the male member properly. In such cases, one can use a lubricant.
- Stress: Many times, a stressful situation can keep one from enjoying stimulation which creates dryness and pain during intercourse.
Ensure that you see a doctor in case your problem is more than mere occasional pain, as it could also be a side effect of a more serious ailment.