Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Seema Sharma
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Seema SharmaYour feedback matters!
I am 30. Maine Ipill li thi and my last date of period is 9 feb. Or abhi tak period nahi aaya h but mujhe light redish or yellow discharge ho raha h and pain in body please aap mujhe koi tablet btaiye jisse period aajaye or koi side effect naa ho.
I got married one year back and I'm studying. It found to be pcod 8 months back I took medicine for 6 months but dint cure and it dint make my irregular periods regular and now we are planning for pregnancy so how can I proceed.
Urinary infection is one widespread disorder that most of the human beings face in the later stages of their lives. The infection is experienced mostly by half of the women and according to statistical data, it has been noted that about 40% of women and 12% of men get infected with urinary infection. Women who are sexually active have more possibilities to get this infection. It is an infection suffered by many people and which is more vulnerable to children and women.
The symptoms that are identified for a person with urinary infection are frequent urination and burning sensation at the time of passing urine. In certain cases, women even experience leaking of urine while sleeping. It is advised not to take this condition casually as it can lead to further complications, and medications need to be taken to reduce the discomfort caused.
Main Causes of Urinary Infection:
- The main reason for urinary infection is the bacterium that moves from the urinary duct to the urinary bladder.
- The other main reasons for urinary tract infection are due to sexual intercourse, pregnancy and diabetes.
- There are chances to get urinary infection if a person has sex with many partners.
- In most women urinary infection is caused due to hormonal imbalance after menopause.
- Women should not hold back the urge for urinating frequently, as it can weaken the bladder and makes it prone to urinary infection.
Treatment for Urinary Infection:
There are simple and helpful home remedies that can be used for the treatment of urinary infection and these include
- It is very necessary to drink a lot of water, as it would help flush the bacteria from the bladder that causes the infection. It is advisable to drink at least 80 ounces of water on a daily basis.
- It is advisable to eat foods rich in Vitamin C as they are helpful in making the urine more acidic, and it inhibits further growth of the bacterium in the urinary tract.
- It is very important that spicy foods and bladder irritants like caffeine, carbonated drinks and artificial sweeteners be cut from the diet to reduce the irritation.
- It is very important to include healthy foods in your diet, and that are high on fiber carbohydrates and helpful in digestive health of your body.
- Herbal remedies can be opted for treatment of urinary tract infection, and the leaves of bearberry are used for this purpose.
- Most importantly, it is very necessary to adopt healthier habits and quit smoking. Women should wear loose clothing and make use of personal hygiene products that are free from any fragrance.
Hi Is mouth saliva result in pregnancy or ingestion of sperm into mouth leads to pregnancy. Is there is any chance of being pregnant during oral sex. And primal healthcare i can gives 100 percent accurate result and can we get the result after 10 days if intercourse have been take place 10 days before. And i can can detect the level of pregnancy or not.
While Navaratri fasting is very popular among the Hindu society, there is a scientific reason behind this fasting. It happens twice in a year during seasonal change. This is the time when the weather changes and the body become vulnerable due to low immunity. This is the reason why food items such as meat, grains, salt etc. are prohibited. Ayush theory suggests that food items such as the onion and salt can infuse negative energy and there are high chances of falling ill. However, the real question remains as to what to eat during the nine days of Navratri. Here is a guideline for the same:
- Keep the hydration going: This goes without saying. The level of water consumption and beverages, in general, should be stepped up during this time. While frequent drinking of water comes real handy, drinking lemon water, coconut water, buttermilk and plain milk will ensure that your energy level does not drop and a person can run through the day without any lethargy.
- Do not go empty stomach: While rituals can be a binding, it should never be a hindrance to health. Going empty stomach for long can harm the body to a large extent. First, it creates acidity in a person and makes it difficult for a person to digest food when he consumes it. Second, staying empty stomach for too long can cause a tendency to vomit, and leads to nausea and headache.
- Avoid fried food: Fried food might taste like heaven after a long day’s fast, but remember it does more harm than good. Food items such as aloo tikki, sabudana and papad are extremely popular among folks during this time, but they are very taxing for the stomach after the fast. Too much oil can lead to an upset stomach and dehydrate the body. Some healthier options include kheer and khichdi. Dairy products have the unique advantage of keeping the stomach full and maintain normal body health.
- Increase your intake of fruits: Fruits are one of the best options during the Navaratri fasts. Some of the recommended fruit options include watermelon, apple, mango, musk melon etc. Fruits keep the tummy at peace without any harm. However, people suffering from high blood sugar should ensure that the portion size of fruit consumption is limited. Lemon and any type of citrus food should also be avoided during this time.
- Opt for healthy vegetables: While most devotees follow a strict vegetarian diet, some vegetables should get the preference owing to their nutritious benefits to the body. Vegetables such as the potatoes, bottle gourds, pumpkins, carrots, sweet potatoes, cucumber etc. are extremely beneficial for the body. It should be kept in mind that vegetables are boiled or cooked in non-refined oil for a healthy fast. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
I am 33 years old female having 2 kids who are 4.5 years and 10 months. During last trimester of pregnancy I gained 20 kgs and I was 85. I haven't yet reduced my weight now I am 75 kgs and too much tummy is also there. Kindly advice me on how to reduce my tummy as well as weight. My height is 5.5"
Hi dr. I gave birth to a girl child on 11 dec, however got my periods for 40 days. Later after a weeks time I got it again for a week and for another week I was free, then it startef again and is still continues. Can you please advise the reason for the same?
The term neurovascular disease refers to any kind of abnormality that can be observed in the blood vessels or in the blood supply to the spine or brain. The narrowing or shrinking of the arteries due to the plaque buildup also falls under this particular disease, which intervenes the normal blood flow to the brains, and makes the risk of stroke a more prominent one. If not treated at the right time in the right way, neurovascular diseases can not only cause disabilities in the adults, but may also be fatal.
Below are some of the common types of neurovascular diseases.
- Aneurysms: Aneurysms are a particular type of neurovascular disease where a vascular lesion or a balloon shaped abnormality manifests in the artery walls due to the walls' weakness or swelling. Vomiting, nausea and sudden headache of a severe kind are a few common symptoms of it.
- Arteriovenous malformation: When a defect is formed in the circulatory system which reduces the oxygen supply to the spinal cord and the brain, AVM or arteriovenous malformation occurs. While severe pain in the back is the main symptom of arteriovenous malformation in the spinal, headaches and seizures are common symptoms of the malformation in the brain.
- Arteriovenous fistulas: AVF or arteriovenous fistulas are nothing but some unnatural passageways in the vein and the arteries, encompassing the spinal cord and the brain. Here, the blood flows directly into a vein from the arteries through the fistulas, which gives rise to the blood bypassing the capillaries continuously.
- Carotid artery stenosis: When the carotid arteries, situated on the both sides of the neck and leads to the brain, starts to become narrower due to the plaque formation or the compositions of fatty deposits, the normal blood flow gets interrupted severely. Sometimes, mini-strokes or transient ischemic attacks are its first signs.
- Moyamoya disease: It’s comparatively a very rare condition where some blood vessels in the brains close due to blood clots. Some of its early warning signs are speech problems, weakness, limp paralysis and headaches.
- Cavernous malformation: Cavernous malformation refers to a neurovascular disease where not only the malformation occurs in the blood vessels, but they bleed too. Blood leaking from the affected blood vessels makes signs like seizures, vision loss or difficulties in swallowing, visible.
- Stroke: A stroke is a neurological event that happens all of a sudden, without any warning. As a result of it, often a new onset of different neurological symptoms becomes visible. Hemorrhagic stroke, transient ischemic attack, and cerebral infarction or ischemic stroke are three common types of strokes.
Neurovascular diseases are one of the main illness conditions that affect a considerable number of the population worldwide. Therefore, having a proper idea about the types and consulting with a doctor in case one suspects having any of the neurovascular diseases, is of crucial importance for leading a safe and healthy life. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 27 years old. I got married 8 months ago now we have planned for baby. What should we do for positive result.
In an effort to eradicate Tuberculosis (TB) by 2030, a total of 114 countries have joined hands to take action against TB. This collaboration was announced at the first WHO global ministerial conference in Moscow.
It has also been observed that since the year 2000, approximately 53 million lives were saved and the overall mortality rate has been reduced by 37 percent for TB. Despite the past efforts to control the spread of this deadly disease and is known to take lives more than any other contagious disease.
How should prevent yourself from getting affected?