Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Seema Sharma
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Seema SharmaYour feedback matters!
For getting pregnant can we do intercourse daily in her fertile days ? What is meaning of alternate days?
Sir / Madam, My friend had a intercourse with his gf 18 days ago. She should've menstruation 5 days ago but it'd not occurred. Does she has conceived? How to stop pregnancy? Is there any pill or abortion is the only way?
I am 10 week pregnant. My ESR is 26 it should be between 0 - 20. Could you please tell me what is the issue.
I am 5 months pregnant. I have low BP 65/107. I am feeling dizzy while changing my position. What should I do?
I had my first sex with my hubby I can not allow him to do. I can not tolerate the pain after 5 to 6 attempt. And his body got hotter and fell stress and his organ wouldn't get up. What shall we do for this Doctor.
Hello sir/ mam, Actually m little confuse about the women's mensuration cycle and also want to know that which is the best time for a lady to get pregnant before or after MC .
Now i'm pregnant for around two months please Suggest me doing sex is safe for me or not in pregnancy. Please advise.
Dr. Meri period date 20 hai aur is month mujhe hamare god ka imp function attend krna hai. Aur meri date kabhi extend nhi hoti .main hamesha 3 ya 4 din phle hoti hu. I want to ask you k 15 aug ko mujhe thodi bleeding hui uske baad abhi tak koi bleeding nhi hui. To ye kyun hua. Aur kya aise me main primolut n lungi to meri date extend hogi. Ya main tablet lete lete period me na ho jaun. Pls suggest kijiye. I am very tensed.
I'm 27 years old nd I take unwanted 72 on 16/4/17 after 2 hr of sex nd after that I have abdominal pain continuously, what is provisional diagnosis and what should I do?
I am 35 and my wife is 33, its been 4 years since we are married. We do not have children. She is suffering from vaginismus, and she is so scared. Is it curable, or any suggestions. She was not cooperating for treatment.
Watermelon is by far, one of the most powerful, body-healing fruits out there! The amazing health benefits of watermelon cover everything from your brain all the way to the cells in your feet.
The fruit there is incredible, and watermelon tasted about 80% better than the stuff you buy in stores in North America. Plus, they all contained seeds, which means none of them were GMO, hybrid, or tainted in any respect. If you want to eat some tasty fruit with me down there at the Live Love Fruit Rawjuvenation Retreat, you won't be disappointed. Raw foods, unlimited fruit, and vegetables, freshly cracked coconut water, yoga, eco-adventures and so much more!
Muscle and Nerve Support
Rich in potassium, watermelon is a great natural electrolyte and thus helps regulate the action of nerves and muscles in our body. Potassium determines the degree and frequency with which our muscles contract and controls the excitation of nerves in our body.
Improves Eye Health
Watermelon is a wonderful source of beta-carotene (that rich red hue of watermelon = beta carotene) which is converted in the body to vitamin A. It helps produce the pigments in the retina of the eye and protects against age-related macular degeneration as well as prevents night blindness. Vitamin A also maintains healthy skin, teeth, skeletal and soft tissue, and mucus membranes.
Sunlight plays a significant role in enhancing the sex hormones in human blood. Sunlight has a direct impact on brain’s serotonin production, which promotes sexual activity. It aids sexual development, improved fertility, increased arousal, heightened libido, enhanced sensations.
The Sunshine Vitamin (Vitamin D):
About 80% of Vitamin D, a steroid hormone is produced in our skin due to sunlight exposure, the ultraviolet-B (UVB) exposure to be precise. Vitamin D deficiency results in low sex drive in both men and women.
Sunlight exposure stimulates man’s libido by enhancing testosterone levels in the body.
Vitamin D deficiency causes low estrogen levels in women. A hormone regulated by the photosensitive pineal gland, LH (luteinizing hormone), is responsible for ovulation. Inadequacy of this hormone can hamper fertility. The sun exposure also reduces the level of melatonin hormone which curbs fertility.It’s not surprising that there are higher chances to conceive during summer.
Too much exposure to the Sun in our climatic conditions can be harmful.
I am afraid of second pregnancy, but also can not avoid sex. Kindly suggest me the medicine which can be effective and safe regarding this except I pill or unwanted 72 because I do not want to harm myself too.
There are few things more exhausting or more irritating than the four month long Indian summer. With soaring temperatures and the sun raging outside, mangoes and lychees don't seem like much of a silver lining.
So, here are 8 health hacks that will make your summer a little better:
- Replace soft drinks with water: When you are out on the streets or sweating at home, a sweet fizzy drink does seem tempting but try resisting and have a glass of sparkling water instead. The preservatives and chemicals in the soft drinks do nothing to help your metabolism, which is slowed down by dehydration. Add a bit of lemon juice if only water does not appeal to you.
- Try yoghurt instead of ice cream: The primary difference between the two is that one contains cream and the other does not. Yoghurt is lighter and has lesser fat content. Excess fat consumption during summer actually makes you sweat more.
- Use honey instead of butter: Butter like cream has a heavy fat content and your metabolism (which is slower in summer to retain water in the body) takes longer to break fat down. So, ditch butter this summer and spread some honey on your crunchy breakfast toast.
- Stock up on cucumber: Cucumber is an underrated blessing. You can munch on them anytime you like without worrying about calorie intake or stomach aches. Rubbing some cucumber on your skin can soothe sunburns and itches.
- Aloe Vera can work wonders: You must have heard about the boon that aloe vera is when it comes to skincare. It is the best solution to nasty sunburns, especially aloe vera gel frozen in small Ziploc bags, can heal burns and prevent skin peeling and chaffing.
- Lower the pH value of your skin: Application of citrus fruit juices like apples and lemons or vinegar can lower the pH value of our skin and prevent the multiplication of bacteria. This keeps both sweat and body odor away much more effectively than deodorants.
- Make small sacrifices in terms of diet: Some of your favorite things like coffee, alcohol, spicy food, sugar and cigarettes are best consumed minimally in summer because they all aggravate the functioning of the apocrine glands and cause sweat and body odor.
- Shower before you workout: One of the good things about summer might be that you have an excuse to skip work out. But, if you start with a cold shower or a swim, or keep a cold, wet towel round your neck, workout can be surprisingly refreshing. You can do the same after your workout, it lowers the body temperature and cooling the muscles can heal soreness very quickly.
I am 28 years old and it's been a year. I got married. I am not getting pregnant. My prolactin test is normal.
The last few decades have seen obesity has grown as the new social evil. One of the major culprits is the reduced physical activity and sedentary lifestyle that has become the norm. It is therefore not surprising that weight loss is on everybody's personal goals. In a lot of cases, ironically, the methods and techniques have involved turning the clock back, what was being done a couple of decades ago. Let us look at using stairs for example. From an engineering point of view, elevators and escalators were a major focus area in the 1900s and 2000s. However, now, stair designs that are easy on the body are the highlight.
Let us look at some facts related to weight loss and climbing stairs. These should provide you sufficiently good reasons to start using the stairs next time when you have a choice.
- Fact 1: Climbing stairs help burn more calories per minute than jogging. It is declared as a 'vigorous exercise'.
- Fact 2: Climbing a step helps you burn about 0.2 calories and going down burns 0.05, so to burn 1 calorie, all you need to do is go up 5 steps or go down 20 steps.
- Fact 3: However, though the number of calories burned is less by going downstairs, the muscles and joints used for getting down stairs are different. Using stairs to go up and down should be regularly practiced.
- Fact 4: Climbing stairs require about 9 times more energy than sitting and about 7 times more energy than required to take the lift.
- Fact 5: For going up or down 3 to 4 flights of stairs, taking the stairs helps save about 15 minutes of valuable time (most of it waiting for the lift to arrive).
- Fact 6: Regular use of stairs safeguards you against heart disease, diabetes, muscle weakness and stroke.
- Fact 7: Endorphins are released when you climb stairs, which also induce a feeling of well-being.
- Fact 8: Overweight people burn more calories by climbing stairs.
- Fact 9: Taking one step at a time in more beneficial than taking two at a time. Calories are burned gradually, but more efficiently.
- Fact 10: Climbing stairs is eco-friendly as well, as it reduces carbon emissions. Just another reason why you should avoid the lift!