Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in New Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Seema SaxenaYour feedback matters!
Is I pill safe for her for avoiding pregnancy she also used protection & it was her first time so is it ok?
The cyclical change in the uterus and ovaries of the female reproductive system is called the menstrual cycle. It includes changes in the physiology of the uterus along with the change in hormones as well. This cyclical change is what allows a woman to get pregnant. This cycle allows the formation of ovocytes and helps to prepare the uterus for implantation.
The commencement of period is called the menarche. It normally starts from the age of twelve to fifteen years. The time between the first day of the period and the first day of the next one is usually twenty one to forty five days in young adults and twenty one to thirty five in older women. The entire cycle is mainly governed by hormones like oestrogen, progesterone, Luteinizing Hormone etc.
Hormonal changes play a big role in the menstrual cycle. It consists of three phases
- Menstrual stage (1-7 days)
- Proliferative stage
- Secretory stage
In the menstrual stage, the thick endometrial lining of the uterus will start to shed and will come out of the vagina in the form of blood and mucous. This may last from four to seven days. The levels of both progesterone and estrogen remain low in this phase.
In the second stage, i.e, the proliferative stage, the amount of oestrogen gradually rises and the menstrual flow reduces and eventually stops. The Follicle stimulating Hormone (FSH) is produced in the brain that stimulates your ovaries to produce mature eggs. The eggs are present in a follicular bag, which allows the secretion of oestrogen. Hence the amount of oestrogen is the least on the first day and increases gradually. At the same time, the uterine lining starts to thicken. This is the phase in which the egg is produced and in the presence of sperm, gets fertilised.
You may notice a thin slippery discharge around these days that makes it easier for the sperm to travel and survive in the uterus. You are most fertile in this stage, around on the 14th day of the cycle when ovulation occurs. The egg survives for around 24 hrs, whereas sperm can survive for about 2-3 days.
In the secretory phase, if the egg is not fertilised, the levels of oestrogen and progesterone fall. The thick lining that has been produced starts to shed and that commences the menstruation. If the egg is fertilised, then it may implant itself to the uterine wall and produce the pregnancy hormone called human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG). If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Does touching the vaginal outer part and intercourse outside just touching the vaginal part makes us unvirgin.
My friend is 27 years old girl and having problem problem of cyst in Ovary also 1st stage of fatty liver. And she is feeling very pain in stomach and vomit issues. And now a days there are some red patches on upper abdomen. Please tell.
Excess facial hair growth in a woman results from a condition known as the hirsutism. The growth in hair pattern is exactly similar to that of an adult male. Areas, where abnormal hair growth is visible, are chest, above the lips, etc. These hairs are dark, but fine in nature. They are more commonly known as peach fuzz.
There could be a number of reasons for excess facial hair in a woman:
- Genetic reasons: Women from the Indian sub-continent or Mediterranean region are more likely to have facial hair as compared to their American, European and East-Asian counterparts. One of the common reasons for facial hair growth is genetics. It is a trend that runs in the family, it is more likely that a woman will get it. There is not much that can be done in this case except managing the hair growth effectively.
- Imbalance of the hormone: Abnormal hormone production can lead to hirsutism. In many cases, there are conditions where female starts producing male hormones leading to abnormal hair growth in the face. One of the most common causes of facial hair growth is polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS). This again is a hormonal imbalance leading to facial hair growth. Even adrenal gland related disorders such as cushing's syndrome, Adrenal cancer and congenital adrenal hyperplasia can lead to excess hair.
- Medications: Certain medication can lead to excess hair growth in the face. For instance, the certain steroid such as anabolic can lead to excess hair growth. Minoxidil is also known to cause hirsutism if taken in excess of 1 ml per day. Other medication related to testosterone and cyclosporine can lead to excess facial hair in females. It is advised to follow the doctor’s advice before consuming any of these medicines.
- Androgens: Although androgen is a male hormone, it is present in minute quantities in women too. Facial hair increase is nothing, but the sudden increased production of androgen in a female. Even birth control pills can lead to an increased production of androgen in the body. In these cases, it is very important to seek medical advice.
Treatment and remedies:
One should get medical help at the earliest if one of these conditions matches their symptoms:
- The hair growth is sudden and abrupt.
- One witness male features such as increases muscle, acne and reduced breast size.
- Certain medication has led to the hair growth.
- Usage of shaving, plucking and depilatory cream
- Laser hair reduction procedure shows immediate results in stopping and countering any further hair growth.
- Electrolysis can be tried to permanently damage the follicles.
- Weight loss is another good solution to excess hair growth. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Successful living is a state where the mind and body are in perfect sync. In this state, one is able to make use of all of the available resources to live happily and with satisfactory results as far as life, work and relationships go. This does not mean that there are absolutely no problems. It simply means that you look at the problems and challenges as opportunities for growth, and solve them to live to the best of your abilities.
So what are the rules for successful living? Here is our list!
- Believe and Understand: While you may have heard the phrase, 'Believe in yourself', you would not have heard the word understand associated with it on a normal basis. Yet, the crux of the matter is this to believe, you must understand. Believing in your abilities is one side of the coin. Understanding your limitations is the other side. So, once you have both things in place, it becomes easier to plan your actions in a realistic manner. When you believe in your competence and understand your limitations, you will either take on those tasks that will be commensurate with your skills, or you will equip yourself with higher skills so as to take on even more varied activities and tasks.
- Simplify: This is an often repeated and extremely underrated term. To be more organised, you do not merely need the latest modular fittings in your home and office. One of the aspects of simplifying is decluttering. When you declutter, you are effectively removing all those things that do not serve you. If these things were to remain in front of you, they will only serve to expend your energy with thoughts of wastage and wastage of time as well, since you will be working your way through chaos to get to your core.
- Moderation: Simplification and moderation go hand in hand. Superfluous acts may give instant gratification, but they do not serve you in the long run. They strip you of self-control and can even alienate you from your relationships as you get closer to things rather than people. So, it is good to have a healthy dose of everything in your life for true balance and successful living.
- Perspective: If problems are bogging you down, then there are chances that your perspective is all wrong. Being more open and looking at the big picture are two sure shot ways of ensuring that the problems come and go without affecting your equilibrium.
Being in the moment and putting your family first is a part of creating a balanced situation in life where judegments, material wants and egos will not matter.