Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in New Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Seema Pandey
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Seema PandeyYour feedback matters!
My wife gave birth her first child 6 months ago but still did not have any monthly period. She is also taking iron & folic acid tabs. As she had an enlarged spleen which starts enlarging from starting pregnancy.
She is in her 5th month of pregnancy. Recent ultrasound has shown that water level in uterus is too low. Doctor gave medicine for two days and again had ultrasound but there is no improvement. Now doctor has asked to continue same medicine and see if water increases within a week. Also doctor say if no improvement in a week then may be risk. Please suggest what can be done to increase water level and also why it is happening so.
I had ectopic pregnancy in november 2015 but now in may 2016 I am trying to conceive but from last 2 months I am failed .what should I do? .i am having normoz as well .but not able to conceive.
What is foetal poal. My wife is pregnant and doctor said in ultrasound report foeal poal is not present. My wife 5 weak pregnant.
Hi, I am f 20 I had sex with my bf and I feel I am pregnant and it has been 2 weeks I had sex. So how can I do abortion at home with misoprostol pills. Please help.
Hi doctor, I am 29 years old and my height is 5.3, weight is 68kg me thyroid ki patient hu my tsh 10.36 hai face or pair me bhut swelling a rhi hai or bhut dard rheta hai pure pair me swelling a rhi hai me bhut tension me hu kya reason hai please btado I am unmarried girl.
Which yoga poses tightens vagina as I am not virgin and I am getting married with another guy next year.
His wife is not interested in sex due to being too religious. She feel guilty to have sex with her husband . What is the solution? Please tell.
A uterus has 2 layers the one with a thin layer is known as the endometrium and the thick outer layer is known as myometrium. Menstruation occurs after every 10-14 days post the ovulation. In a normal menstruation cycle, the wall of the endometrium thickens as part of the preparation process of pregnancy. In a normal scenario, the endometrium wall sheds if a woman does not conceive. While doing this the uterus might shed some blood. However, if the bleeding becomes erratic and in higher frequencies, the condition is termed as abnormal uterine bleeding.
Here is a list of reasons for abnormal uterine bleeding:
- Young girls: Any bleeding before the first menstrual cycle is termed as abnormal. The bleeding might happen due to trauma, the intervention of a foreign object, problems related the urinary tract, irritation of the uterus etc. Bleeding might also occur due to sex abuse. A qualified gynaecologist would be able to diagnose the exact cause for this condition.
- Adolescents: After the first menstrual cycle, there could be fluctuation in the subsequent menstrual cycle accompanied with excess bleeding from the uterus. This is a condition which is treatable and normalises once the ovulation and the hormonal cycle stabilises. However, if the bleeding persists in after 3-4 menstrual cycle, a doctor has to be consulted.
- Premenopausal women: There could be a variety of reasons for more than normal bleeding in women between menopause and adolescence. Some of the common reasons are hormonal changes and hormonal therapy for birth control. For women who fail to ovulate regularly can experience conditions such as endometrial polyps, uterine fibroids and uterine adenomyosis leading to excess bleeding from the uterus. Some other common factors of uterine bleeding include cervix infection, pregnancy, cervical cancer, disorders related to clotting, certain illnesses related to the kidney and liver.
- Hormonal birth control: Women taking help of hormonal birth control can experience breakthrough bleeding. This often occurs due to changes in the uterus lining. If the bleeding from the uterus persists for few months at stretch, a different birth control pill should be tried. Bleeding can also occur due to due to irregular consumption of birth control pills. If the situation does not improve, it is wise to consult a doctor to get the condition addressed.
- Menopausal transition: Towards the end of the menstrual cycle, the period timings become irregular. While the secretion of the oestrogen continues the progesterone flow declines. This phase is known as perimenopause. The sudden hormonal changes lead to an excess fluid secretion by the walls of the endometrium. The whole process can lead to an excess bleeding from the uterus. Even using birth control pills during this phase can lead to excess bleeding. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.