Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. SeemaYour feedback matters!
I have shortsightedness. I am having regular checkups for every 6 months. But for every time their is an increase in my sight. How can I control my problem. Can you please intimate me some homely tips also.
I've been having clear vaginal discharge here lately, it soaks my panties. My vagina is healthy but sometimes burns or itches. A couple months ago my boyfriend took my virginity. I don't know if this has anything to do with it or not:/ but I did have my last period on time and my normal flow. What's going on, should I go see the doctor?
I am 25 year old girl. I have short sight. I specs power 6. Contact lens creating red eyes. Can I able to remove my specs. For that what I have to do.
I am 25 years old and I am a software employe. All the time I am working infront of a deskop. Since some days my eyes are little blur and water from eyes. Is there any problem with my eyes. If you please suggest may I consult a doctor or to take any precaution please let me know. Thank you.
I am 22 years old. My eyes are very weak. I am using many types of eyes proper but my eyes are weak so tell me how I sharp.
Burning sensation of eyes reduces.
I am suffering from myopia How can I get my eyes back without myopia. Without surgery is it possible?
Have pain in my eyes. I feel that there is some dust particle in my eyes but there is no particle. Also I feel itching on the corners of my eyes. Also I do not have any number in both my eyes.
I am 13 years old. I can't focused on my studies. When I sit with my books I don't wnt to see it. But I don't hate studies. Tell me anything that my mind goes in studies and I can achieve ranks in my class. Tell me method for studying in short a long lesson but I want to under stand it very nicely. Please tell me best method for studying well and can achieve ranks in my class and my can grow up. Please tell a best method. Pleasssssssse.
I am suffering from myopia since when I am was 10years old. After the consult with eye expert I am wearing glasses, but year after year my lens power goes high, how I can get rid from this. Please help me.
Hi I have weakness in my legs and arms. Sometime pain in legs and arms and feel feverish and pain/weakness between both in my eyes and just the upper part of my nose, no cough no cold and no fever. Sometimes it show little fvr 98.6. Cbc kft spine chest x-ray, lungs ct, esr urine, widal sugar bp are normal vitamin d 29.2. Taking vitamin D 12 medicines. Good appetite sleep. Stomach pain sometimes. Last month I had fever cold n cough for longer than 15 days. Dr. said it is sinus. Now cough fever cold r fine but pain/ tiredness in eyes. Talked to many Doctors. Please request you to help. I am worried now because this problem and symptoms are increasing since last month.
Hi I am 22 years old. I am suffering from puffy eye bags, dark circle, semen leakage from 6 years. Please help me out asap. I am currently taking medications at Sri Sri Ayurveda Centre Kolkata but seen no changes. Even my eye bags goes on increasing and my face looks much older than actually I am. Please suggest any eye cream. I have somehow controlled my semen leakage but I am very much irritated after looking over my face and heavy eye bags.
Hello sir /mam My name is naveen chauhan and am from haryana Sir/mam I have a problem in my eyes the water drops in my eyes are flowing continuously in 5-5 seconds. I don't know. What can I do? Sir/mam tell me solution please.
Dear doctors I am suffering from pain behind my eyes and right side of my area over the eyes. What is its cause. recently I recovered from viral fever.
I study a lot around 10-12 hrs a day and my eyes got pain and becomes red like when somebody do not sleep 2-3 days or like alcoholic person. After sleeping 7-8 hrs the condition is same reddish. What is the problem and cure of it. Please tell.
An inflammation resulting in the formation of a thin layer inside the eyelids or the white part of the eyeball is known as pink eye or conjunctivitis. This condition turns the eye ball into pinkish color, hence the name. Based on the severity of the infection, either one or both eyes get affected.
What are the common symptoms?
- Medium to heavy swelling of the eye
- Eye crusting after sleep
- A burning sensation
- Irritation, itching or blurred vision
- Redness and increased sensitivity of the eye
Different kinds of conjunctivitis:
- Allergic Conjunctivitis: This is the type of conjunctivitis that results from eye irritants such as animal dander, dust particles and pollen. This is not infectious in nature. Treatment prescribed by ophthalmologist includes eye drops and non-steroidal medications. It is advised to keep the eye moist till it gets cured.
- Viral Conjunctivitis: As the name suggests, this kind of conjunctivitis is caused due to a viral attack. Sadly though, antibiotics don’t work and there is no particular medication for this type of conjunctivitis. Like common cold, viral conjunctivitis runs its course in a span of 1-2 weeks. Since virus is contagious, it is necessary to ensure that the microbes don’t spread. Some common prevention measures are listed below:
- Eye cosmetics should be abandoned till the conjunctivitis is cured
- Hands should be frequently cleaned
- Hand and eyes should not be in contact
- Frequent change of pillow covers, towels and clothes
- Swimming should be completely avoided
- Spectacles in place of lens should be used until advised otherwise by a medical practitioner
- Bacterial Conjunctivitis: This kind of conjunctivitis is caused by the streptococcal bacteria and has potential to cause real damage if proper medication is not taken on time. This is highly contagious. Prescription often includes antibiotic drop and ointments. The medication is prescribed for 2-3 weeks depending on the level of bacterial spread in the eye. It is very essential to complete the full course of medication to avoid recurrence. Prevention measures as stated above should be strictly followed.
- Chemical conjunctivitis: Eye irritants such as chlorine cause this conjunctivitis. Frequent swimmers often get affected by this type of eye infection. Topical steroids are prescribed to cure this kind of infection. Immediate medical attention is required to avoid lasting injury to the eye.
How to prevent pink eye?
While prevention is the best way to refrain from conjunctivitis, some basic hygiene checks are very important. Here is a list of must do’s:
- Do not share personal items such as combs, towels and toiletries.
- Stay away from a conjunctivitis infected patient
- Using of goggles while swimming
- Frequent usage of hand sanitizer and hand wash. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.