Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Seema MehrotraYour feedback matters!
Hi Doctor! I am 28 and recent report shows I don't have PCODs, irregular periods or no periods for long time have been a part of my life till now, but recent report shows I don't have PCODs and still I don't get periods. Is is dangerous - even worse than having PCODs and no periods? I am married since last year but we stay in different cities so my sex life is not that much. Is not having PCODs related to sex life, is this betterment because of this?
My grandma age is 70. She was affected by cervical cancer and her urine storage tank was damaged by spreading of cancer cells. A cysts was formed on left side of kidney. A cysts like bleeding was coming out from her urine. Is there any treatment for this?
Mam, when I was about 7 years old I got heavy stomach pain when I consulted doctors they said its because of appendicitis and immediate operation to be done. But after the operation they said to my parents that there was no appendicitis but one of mine ovary has been removed because it was infected. Some infection and that was swollen. Till the age of 21 i use to get regular monthly periods for about 5 days. But i am now about 25 and from past 3 years got pcod problem and after taking tablets only I get my periods. Doctor informed me to reduce my weight. My height is 5" 4. My question is this pcod problem occured because of removing one of ovary among two ovaries? r because my weight. I am about 71kgs. 5" 4 height. Age is 24 years old. please reply to my question n do me needful.
Runner's knee is a painful condition that is usually encountered by athletes who indulge in varied exercises like running, jumping, walking, biking and more, on a regular or professional basis. The kneecap is a region that gets affected with aches and pain when a person is suffering from Runner's knee. This condition can occur due to a fall or constant bending of the knee, which can lead to misalignment of the knee joints and knee cap. Also, weak muscles and lack of balance during physical activities can add to the risk of contracting this condition.
Here's how you can deal with it.
- Give it Rest: Literally! Suffering from Runner's knee could also mean that your body is trying to ask you to slow down. Wear and tear from excessive levels of physical activity can lead to Runner's knee, and in such cases, the best way to come back to peak physical form is to take some rest so that the knee is free of activity and consequent pain until it is ready to take on exercise again.
- The Only Way is 'Up': When you are suffering from pain in the region behind and around the knee cap due to Runner's knee, the best way to alleviate the pain is to place your knee in an elevated position. Get yourself some comfortable cushions and pile a few of them up before placing your knee on top. This position will give support even as blood circulation increases and inflammation, if any, decreases.
- Anti-inflammation Medication: See your doctor for chronic Runner's knee and find out if you are suffering from inflammation which may require the help of medication. This medication can bring down and gradually eliminate the inflammation or swelling, to give you relief from the pain. Remember to check for side effects before you take these medicines, though.
- Strengthening Exercises: A sure shot way of dealing with chronic pain is to do some muscle strengthening exercises as prescribed by your orthopaedic specialist or a physiotherapist. Doing these exercises will give your muscles the strength to support your knees in a better way while you indulge in athletic activities. Remember to substantiate these exercises with a calcium and protein rich diet as well.
- Cold Compress: In case you have had a fall or suffered an injury which has led to Runner's knee, you can make use of a cold compress or an ice pack to relieve the pain for some time. Ice is a well-known treatment for acute and sudden pain.
Runner's knee is a condition that needs care, rest, and medication if it is persistent. If these methods do not help, you should see a doctor for scans and tests.
Related Tip: Physiotherapeutic Approaches for Sports Injuries?
-Water with lemon provides the body with electrolytes which hydrate your body. As lemons contain good amount of electrolytes such as potassium, calcium and magnesium.
-Water with lemon is good for the joints, reducing pain in the joints and muscles.
-Warm water with lemon helps digestion as lemon contains citric acid. It interacts with other enzymes and acids which easily stimulate the secretion of gastric juice and digestion.
-The liver produces more enzymes from water with lemon than from any other food.
-Water with lemon cleanses the liver. Lemon juice stimulates the liver to release toxins.
-Water with Lemon helps fight infections of the respiratory tract, sore throats and inflammation of the tonsils. This is due to the anti-inflammatory properties of lemon.
-Warm water with lemon helps regulate natural bowel movement.
-Water with lemon is indispensable for the normal work of metabolism. Since lemon is a powerful antioxidant, it protects the body from free radicals and strengthens the immune system.
-Water with lemon aids in proper functioning of the nervous system (as lemon has a high content of potassium). Depression and anxiety are often the result of low levels of potassium in the blood. The nervous system needs a sufficient amount of potassium to ensure sustainable signals to the heart.
-Water with lemon cleanses blood, blood vessels and arteries.
-Water with lemon can help lower blood pressure. A daily intake of one lemon can reduce high blood pressure by 10%.
-Water with lemon creates an alkalizing effect in the body. Even if you drink it immediately before a meal, it can help your body maintain a higher level of pH. The higher the pH, the more your body is able to fight diseases.
-Water with lemon is good for the skin. Vitamin C in lemon, improves our skin by rejuvenating the body. Drinking water with lemon regularly (every morning) will improve the condition of your skin.
-Water with lemon helps to dilute uric acid, the built up of which leads to pain in the joints and gout.
-Water with lemon is beneficial for pregnant women. Since lemons are loaded with Vitamin C, it acts as an adaptogen helping the body cope with viruses such as colds. Furthermore, vitamin C helps the formation of bone tissue of the unborn baby. At the same time, due to the high content of potassium, a mixture of water with lemon helps forming cells of the brain and nervous system of the baby.
-Water with lemon relieves heartburn. For this, mix a teaspoon of lemon juice in half a glass of water.
-Water with lemon helps dissolve gallstones, kidney stones, pancreatic stones, and calcium deposits.
-Water with lemon helps with weight loss. Lemons contain pectin fiber, which helps suppress hunger cravings. Studies have proven people with a better alkaline diet have lost weight faster.
-Water with lemon helps with tooth pain and gingivitis.
-Water with lemon prevents cancer. This is due to the fact that lemons are a highly alkaline food. Multiple studies have found that cancer cannot thrive in an alkaline environment.
My mother have 2 big and 2 small fibroids in the uterus. Can it be dangerous for the health? and is there any chances of converting it into the cancer?
My friend 28 yrs old married woman having pcod from last 6 years. She is overweight problem is unable to conceived despite taking iui treatment for three times also. Please advice.
I am 33 years old female I have thyroid and I am taking thyronorm 100 mcg. 3 years back I gave birth to my son and a milk gland was formed in my breast and puss was formed. Along with other medications I was given Lizoforce 600. Which was quite effective and I was ok only the lump was there which the doctor said will go off gradually. But now after 3 years I could feel pinching sensation in the same breast while I press. I am very tensed what to do please guide and my periods are happening every 20 days since 5 months. Big time hairfall too.
Hello sir/mam. I had sex with a gay on 11th may 2017. In between condom burst. But when I came to know this I already had penetrated my penis 7 to 8 times. Then I changed the condom. But after 3-4 days of sex I had loose motions and muscle pain and joint pain. Now problem of loose motions has been fixed with medicines but muscle pain is still there. And from last few days I'm having pain in my throat. So can these be the symptoms of HIV. But reports of both of us were HIV negative. But all that worries me that it may be his window period. So his virus was not detected. But what about the symptoms that I'm facing. So can these be the symptoms of HIV Or not? And sir im taking medicines from last one month but still medicines are unable to cure my pain. Earlier I consulted a doctor. He said everything is ok. But sir if everything is okay then why medicines are not working anymore? I feel too much pain in my legs and in my back. So can these be the symptoms of HIV Please help me. I'm very depressed. Please help me.
As per the latest statistics published by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, about 9% women suffer from a deficiency of iron. Though the proportion is relatively low, iron deficiency can lead to various diseases, which can be very difficult to cure. So, look out for these telltale signs of iron deficiency and check whether you suffer from any of them.
- Fatigue: Your internal system uses iron for the production of haemoglobin, which is a component in the red blood cells, responsible for carrying oxygen to all parts of the body. So when the iron content is low, there is not enough haemoglobin production and all organ do not receive oxygen in the required quantities. This is bound to make you feel tired at most times.
- Inability to focus: People with iron deficiency often suffer from alteration in the synthesis of neurotransmitters. This can lead to decreased functionality and focusing abilities. This may also lead to the development of apathy towards all things, including family, friends, books, music or anything that you loved and enjoyed doing.
- Breathlessness: Without a proper supply of iron, there could be an oxygen crunch in the body, compelling you to feel breathless. This may happen anytime when you are working out or walking or reading a book.
- Paleness: Do you think your skin has lost lustre and become pale in the last few days? That’s definitely not a good sign and may be a symptom of decreased flow of blood and reduction in the RBC count.
- Trouble doing your daily chores: Low levels of iron in the body can cause your endurance level to suffer. Thus, you may find it difficult to run up the stairs or catch a vehicle or swim for a while.
- Soreness of muscles: Even if you could push yourself to reach the gym, you would experience the burns last longer than normal. Lack of right amount of iron prevents your muscles to recover at the right pace. As a result, you are likely to suffer from muscle aches.
- Brittle nails: If there is a recent a development of spoon shaped or concave depression in the nails, it could be a sign of possible deficiency of iron.
Often people tend to ignore the warning signs that the body gives to inform about the problem that’s cropping up. But you can’t take chances with your health and so, check for these signs without any delay. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.