Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SeemaYour feedback matters!
I am experiencing blisters on my lips and some other symptoms which are similar to Herpes. It all started with a fever that happened 2 years ago. Since then I have been experiencing these blisters and other such symptoms on a regular basis. Want to know how should I get sure that I have herpes or not? Which test is required? And what is the cure/treatment that I can take for herpes?
My wife age 28 years is pregnant by 37 weeks 1 day .In last doctor visit we are asked to go for planned c section in a day or two as doctor says the placenta is mature (age 3) and liquid is getting lower. So we should not wait for due date. While till now every thing was normal .All reports were ok. Suddenly we are said for c section. My wife is weighing 76 kg while baby weight was 2.6 kg last Monday. What should we do now.
I got my period 2 day before but it's black in color and spotting I took unwanted 72 a week before and I had a vaginal infection too a week before and I have thyroid problem am I pregnant.
What are the uses of astagen f tablets, does it help women trying to get pregnant or undergoing any fertility treatment?
Do you lack confidence due to facial pigmentation, I am here to help you.
What is facial pigmentation?
Facial pigmentation refers to the darkening of facial skin dueto overproduction of pigment melanin. Medically, this is known as melasma.
In melasma, patches of pigmentation appear on the face, predominantly over the cheeks, nose, forehead and upper lip. The pigmentation varies from yellowish, brownish, bluish to blackish in colour. Chloasma is another term for facial pigmentation in women during pregnancy.
Freckles or tiny dark spots appear on the face in certain cases from repeated sun exposure. Freckles are more likely in persons with fair skin.
Why do we get facialpigmentation?
The root cause of facial pigmentation is excess melanin production. Facial pigmentation is very common in women, but may also arise in men.
The causal factors are many, the major among them being hormonal changes in women during pregnancy, after childbirth, during menopause, from intake of contraceptive pills, from hormone replacement therapy and hypothyroidism.
Other factors that trigger facial pigmentation are stress, loss of sleep and sunexposure. Heredity also plays an important role in predisposing a person to facial pigmentation. Acne may also lead to scarring and facial pigmentation.
Factors affecting facial pigmentation:
I am an MBBS graduate, 23 years old. I have been noticing abnormal hair growth around the areola (these hair are thick and long), below the umbilicus, medial aspect of thighs, legs and toes and under the chin. My menstrual cycles have been regular .its only the last menstruation was delayed by 7 days. Got a hormonal profile done which revealed normalcy. The doctor prescribed tab. krimson for 6 months. Should I take it?
Had irregular periods and my gynic advised me to take meprate 10 mg for 5days 16th day of each cycle for 3 months. I got period last month after i took meprate. After 15 days of my period, observed spotting today. This is the second month which i supposed to take meprate. Can i use it even after spotting?
As much as you would like, an ice cream can't help you cool down in the scorching heat of this summer. Although one may argue that one feels just fine after an ice cream, the truth is that it's only temporary. Cooling foods are what you should have as they help to cool heat and cleanse toxins from the body.
Here are some of the foods that help cool down your body naturally:
- Cucumber - Not surprisingly, being 'cool as a cucumber' actually holds true. Cucumbers are fruits that help keep the body hydrated. Keeping your body cool during hot days is vital to your health as it can help prevent a number of complications such as heat strokes and dehydration. Munching on cucumber slices and hummus is a good way to beat the heat and stay cool.
- Watermelon - This quintessential beach fruit is yet another one which would help you beat the heat. This seasonal fruit acts like an internal air-conditioner, and is rich in water, helping in reducing body heat to a large extent while keeping you hydrated.
- Peaches - Peaches are not only delicious but are very rich in vitamins A and C, which help in keeping your body cool. Besides, these vitamins also help in maintaining healthy skin and provide useful calories to the body.
- Apples - Apples are fruits that help to fill you up and cool down your body at the same time. They contain about 4g of fiber and around 95 calories and are enriched with a soluble fiber called pectin, which stops hunger and helps in shedding weight.
- Pineapple - Along with banana, cucumber, and some other fruits, pineapple helps to make a healthy smoothie. These ingredients have cooling properties, which hydrate the body and help to clear the heat. Also, pineapple contains an enzyme called bromelain, which reduces inflammation in the body.
- Avoid caffeinated or carbonated beverages, alcoholic beverages, and those high in sugar - All these drinks contain preservatives, colours and sugars. They are acidic in nature and act as diuretics. They cause loss of fluids through urine.
- Do not drink very chilled liquids - They do not really help cool you down in summers, though they make you cool for some time. Drinking really cold liquids when feeling hot may lead to a slight constriction of the blood vessels in the skin and decrease heat loss, which is not advisable when trying to cool down.
Apart from this you must limit all strenuous activity, eat light, nutritious and non-fatty meals, and reduce intake of heaty vegetables and fruits, like spinach, radish, hot peppers, onions, garlic, beetroot, pineapple, grapefruit and ripe mangoes (if you cannot resist mangoes, soak them overnight in water). If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian/nutritionist.