Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Seema Gupta
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Seema GuptaYour feedback matters!
I am 23 years old, I am having sex and suddenly got heavy bleeding of blood red that means dark red colour. Why it happened I want to know?
Hi i am 28 years old girl my periods are not regular and soon i get tired please suggest me some solution
5 Facts About Maternal Weight Gain in Pregnancy
1) Every now and then we find expectant women fussing about too much or too little weight gain during their pregnancy. One must remember that the absolute weight of the mother is not an indicator of the baby's well being inside the womb. Instead, another indicator called as the Basal metabolic Index (BMI- taken as a ratio of weight in kg/ height in m2) is more useful.
2) A normal healthy woman should have a BMI of 20-25 at the start of her pregnancy and the total average weight gain that she should achieve is between 12-16 kg spread over 9 months. Around 50% of this weight should be gained in the last three months of pregnancy. For women whose BMI is more than this value, should target less overall weight gain and vice-versa.
For example, if a woman weighs 80kg at the start of her pregnancy and is 1.72m(172 cm or 5-7feet) tall, her BMI would be approximately 27 and the average weight gain during pregnancy should now be between 7- 11.5 kg. Given below are approximate weight gain allowed for BMI values:
BMI Interpretation Recommended weight gain in pregnancy
1 15-20 Underweight 12.5-18 kg
2 20-25 Desirable weight 11.5-16 kg
3 25-30 Overweight 7-11.5 kg
4 30 and above Serious obesity 5-9 kg
3) Women who start their pregnancies at a higher than normal BMI are at higher risk of pregnancy-related complications but pregnancy is not the time for dieting or other weight loss procedures. One should aim to have a balanced approach and limit the total gain within the permissible range.
4) Some women loose 1-2 kg of weight in the first three months of pregnancy due to poor appetite and frequent vomiting. This is totally acceptable as long as their general health is not affected and there are no ketones appearing in their urine.Similarly, there might be times anytime during pregnancy when the weight gain would slow down or a woman may loose weight also due to poor appetite or loose motions.
5) At times, there would be a very rapid maternal weight gain in a span of a few weeks. Again there is no correlation with the baby's weight gain. Please have a look at your food intake and if there is no significant difference with the previous weeks, then have your blood pressure checked because water retention and swelling in the feet are common reasons for a sudden weight gain. Please ensure that you continue to hydrate your skin in this situation, to avoid getting too many stretch marks. Quick weight gain around the belly and thighs has been suggested as the number one reasons for excessive stretch marks.
My daughter of age 12 has attained puberty before 1 year. She gets irregular periods. She gets periods twice in a month. Please suggest any treatment ?
Me and my bf did not had sex but just rubbing of genitals. There was pre cum. We don't know if it is near vagina or not. Now after 4 days there is no white discharge. Usually I do get discharge daily. But it suddenly stopped. I'm really worried that if I'm pregnant. Can you please help me?
I am 26 years old married lady i am suffered from hyperthyroidism and pcod from last 4 years now thyroid is in control and pcod are still there and testosterone levels are also hegh from past one year I have no periods but on july 22 of this year I find some blood drops so on panty and some blood lumps. So my doubt is was it is period I got. Now tell me what should I do to get pregnancy ?
I am female from deoria. I don't want to get pregnant for next 3 years what should I do? Pllzz help. I have sex with my husband only 2 days in a month.
Premature ejaculation is a common sexual complaint. Both psychological and biological factors can play a role in premature ejaculation.
Homeopathic medication, psychological counseling and sexual techniques that delay ejaculation can improve sex.
The primary sign of premature ejaculation is ejaculation that occurs before both partners wish, causing concern or distress.
1. Ejaculation that always or nearly always occurs within one minute or less of vaginal penetration
2. The inability to delay ejaculation on all or nearly all vaginal penetrations
3. Negative personal consequences, such as distress, anger, frustration or the avoidance of sexual intimacy.
4. Is marked by persistent or recurrent ejaculation with minimal
Stimulation before, on, or shortly after penetration.
The exact cause of premature ejaculation is not known. It involves a complex interaction of both psychological and biological factors.
Early sexual experiences may establish a
Pattern that can be difficult to change later in life, such as:
1. Situations in which you may have hurried to reach climax in order to avoid being discovered
2. Guilty feelings that increase your tendency to rush through sexual encounters
Other factors that can play a role in causing premature ejaculation include:
Erectile dysfunction.&nbsp;Men who are anxious about obtaining or maintaining their erection during sexual intercourse may form a pattern of rushing to ejaculate which can be difficult to change.
Anxiety.&nbsp;Many men with premature ejaculation also have problems with anxiety - either specifically about sexual performance or caused by other issues.
Relationship problems. Interpersonal issues between the partners may contribute to this problem.
A number of biological factors may contribute to premature ejaculation, including:
Abnormal hormone levels
Abnormal levels of brain chemicals called neurotransmitters.
The abnormal reflex activity of the ejaculatory system.
Certain thyroid problems
Inflammation and infection of the prostate or urethra
Rarely, premature ejaculation is caused by:
Nervous system damages resulting from surgery or trauma
Withdrawal from narcotics.
While premature ejaculation doesn't increase your risk of serious health problems, it can cause problems in your personal life, including:
1. Relationship strains. The most common complication of premature ejaculation is relationship stress.
2. Fertility problems. Premature ejaculation can occasionally make fertilization difficult or impossible for couples who are trying to become pregnant.
Diet and nutrition: one should take a diet rich in citrus fruits, sprouts, egg, fish, wheat germ oil, flax seeds, almond, figs, walnut and seeds preferably muskmelon. Drink plenty of water, avoid too much use of antidepressant drugs, avoid narcotic drugs, avoid excess alcohol. Sleeping hours must be 7-8. Yoga is also beneficial in keeping good health but before doing yoga always have an expert opinion.
Homeopathic medicines indicated for this problem are:
Berberis, caladium, carbo veg, china, conium, calc carb, eryng-aqua, gels, graph, lyco, natrum carb, natrum mur, nux vom, phos acid, phos, picric acid, platina, selenium, spongia, staph, sulph, sepia, titanium, vanilla, zinc.
Homeopathic treatment cures premature ejaculation without side effects permanently.