Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Seema Gupta
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Seema GuptaYour feedback matters!
Vitamin D and pregnancy go hand in hand. Expecting mothers need to ensure they get the recommended amounts of vitamin D during pregnancy for the healthy development of the baby as well as their own well-being.
Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin obtained mostly from consuming fortified milk or juice, fish oils and dietary supplements. It also is produced in the skin by exposure to sunlight. Vitamin D, which is ingested or produced in the skin must undergo hydroxylation in the liver and kidney to promote absorption of calcium from the gut to enable normal bone mineralization and growth. Severe maternal vitamin D deficiency has been associated with congenital rickets and disordered skeletal homeostasis coupled with fractures in the newborn during pregnancy. Vitamin D is necessary for the metabolism and absorption of phosphorus and calcium. Many studies are finding a connection between low serum vitamin D levels and an increased risk of certain types of autoimmune disease, cancers, insulin resistance, neurological disease and cardiovascular disease.
Latest studies have shown that vitamin D deficiency is common during pregnancy especially among women residing in northern latitudes, living in cold climates or wear sun and winter protective clothing and ethnic minorities, especially those with darker skin. As the vitamin D level of newborn is largely dependent on maternal vitamin D status, the infants of mothers with vitamin D deficiency are also at risk of vitamin D deficiency. Inadequate level of vitamin D can lead to abnormal bone growth, fractures, or rickets in newborns. Deficiency of vitamin D leads to a higher risk of pregnancy complications like gestational diabetes, premature birth and low birth weight.
The symptoms of a vitamin D deficiency include aching muscles, bone pain, and softened bones leading to fractures. Fish liver oil, fatty fish, and eggs are excellent food source for Vitamin D. It is difficult to get sufficient vitamin D from food, which makes it necessary to have vitamin D supplements. Since the skin uses the sun's rays to produce vitamin D, limited sun exposure is recommended. Exposure to the sun's ultraviolet rays intensifies the pigment changes causing skin darkening in pregnant women. Thus, most doctors endorse that pregnant women protect themselves from the sun and get their vitamin D from supplements. The average prenatal vitamin contains 400 IU of vitamin D, which makes it imperative that additional supplements should be taken. The significant compounds for human development are D2 and D3. The best way to really ensure adequate vitamin D is through simple supplementation. Ergocalciferol is the vegetarian form of vitamin D, whereas cholecalciferol is the animal-sourced form, derived from fish liver oil or lanolin from sheep.
1. Taking plenty of water daily improve your skin texture.
2. Taking water in an empty stomach will reduce risk of getting stomach related illness.
3. It will improve the functioning of each organ.
4. If you drink more water before meal, obesity problem is gone.
Hi, what is the good time to sex for pregnancy before rapture or after rapture egg? We have contact from alternative days after period it possible for Pregnancy? When should we do sex for pregnancy after periods? What type positions in sex useful for pregnancy? Please help me sir.
My wife is 24 weeks pregnant and recent ultrasound revealed severe bilateral hydronephrosis 11 mm and 17 mm. Can you please suggest any procedure/surgery/medicine in the current neonatal stage.
I had sex without protection after which I had unwanted 72 within 30 hrs. But I had taken medicine to postpone my periods on the day before. What are my chances of getting pregnant. As I have not got my period yet n its almost 7 days since unwanted n that periods medicine.
Smith and Mackie (2007) term self-esteem as a set of positive or negative opinions about oneself. Self-esteem is an important predictor of success in career, relationships, marriage and public life. People who are depressed have a very low self-esteem about themselves. They think of themselves as good for nothings and persons having a nil value. There are three states of self-esteem. They are;
- Shattered: An example of a person having shattered self-esteem is when he says, “I am old and useless to do this kind of work”. This person sees himself as an absolutely useless person.
- Vulnerable: In this state, a slight embarrassment or defeat may expose the vulnerable side of the person. Otherwise, such persons have a positive frame of mind.
- Strong: People in this state are very strong emotionally. Defeats, embarrassments etc. do not affect them. These people have a very high sense of self-esteem.
Psychologists, however, have prescribed several ways through which one can improve one’s self-esteem.
How to improve one’s self-esteem
- Control your thoughts- Watch out what your inner critic is saying to you. Every time you hear its voice, ask yourself- would this be the way your best friend would speak to you? If your inner critic is being merciless on you all the time, you need to silence it.
- Focus on the good things that happen to you- Everyday, write at least 3 good things that happened to you. Avoid the obstructive or harmful things that came your way. Focus on the happier side of the day. Do not dwell upon the negatives.
- No need to be perfect- In the quest to be perfect, many people lose control of themselves. It probably must do with the pressures of modern life where achievement is the be all and end all. But, not everyone can be perfect. Rather, focus on the effort or process. This way, you will be better able to appreciate yourself as a person.
- Accept mistakes- Often we fail to realise that mistakes come to us masked as opportunities. But, we are too fixated by the mistakes we commit. We are obsessed with the thought, “Why did I commit this mistake?” rather than, “How to avoid this particular mistake?”. If we learn how to avoid committing mistakes, we will tremendously improve our self-esteem.
- Experiment with new skills- Try out new skills and then improve upon them. For example, you may pick up music and track your achievement levels. If you continually improve yourself in this new skill, you will obviously set new benchmarks. Give credit to yourself after achievement of every new milestone.
- Accept your limits- You are no superman. You have your own limits. Once you accept your limitations, you will stop blaming yourself for all the wrongs that are happening to you.
Sexologist Dr. Shirish Malde Mumbai se ap sab hi ko namashkar. Aj hum is mudday per baat karenge jau hum humare Lybrate app per questions ka samna kerte hain. Samajh lijeaye humare 50% jau sawal hain who inhi common samasiyoun ke liye humein pochay jatey hain.Tau hum buhat hi quickly hum in common questions se jau frequently asked questions hainuske barey mein hum jankari denge. Sab se agar ziada sawal ate hain tau ate hain Penis ke yanipurush ke shish ke lambae aur chorea ke barey mein. Tau doston ek simple me apko answerdunga ke agar kisi bhi viqti ka ling uthay ki tavasdha mein 3 inch ya uske oper hai tau us viqti kaling normal size hai waise viqti ke anushaar jaise uska qadd kam ziada hota hai uski height kamziada hoti hai waise ling ki bhi size kam ziada hosakti hai. Lekin 3 inch ke oper hai uthay kitavasdha mein tau yeh norma lmana jata hai us viqti ke liye bhi aur uske partner ke liye bhi.Kyoun ke sambuq ke waqt size does not matter. What actually matters is the sctual skill of love making and time duration. Mitron second most common samasya hoti hai shigar patan yapremature ejaculation ki, tau doston ek baat yaad rakheye sambuq mein kuch standard timenahi hota hai. Apke sawamann mein sawal ayega ke minimum kitna hona chahye. Tau jawabyeh hai ke dono ki santushti ho tab tak. Iske liye apko ghari mein dekhne ki zarurat nahi hai aurwaise ek baat ka yaad rakheye ke jab samboq naya hota hai jaise young generation hai unka jabfirst initial sex hota hai tab uttayjina buhat taizi se barhne ki waja se veere patan jaldi hojata hai.Phir kuch log aise hain jau samboq ka jau hai unhe chance buhat kam milta hai tau aise logon mein bhi jaisay lambay arse ke baad samboq hota hai kabhi kaam kaaj ke, krobar ke waja se,ghar se durr rehne wali viqti jab ghar lotti hai us waqt bhi who uttayjit hoker bhi buhat jaldi veerepatan hojata hai , yeh ek aam samasya hai normal hoti hai. Shigarpatan tau sabsecommon samsya hai hi lekin uske sath sath uski other side yani delayed ejaculation, kuch viqtiko samboq mein buhat late veere patan hota hai ya hota hi nahi hai. Aksar aise log bhi hote hainjau infertility ke samasya ke liye dhanto ki pareksha dene who laboratory mein jate hain aur who masturbation ker ker ke apna dhanto nahi de pate hain unka veerepatan hota hi nahi hai.Tau doston yeh sari samsyaen kafi had tak mansik samsya se jurri hue hoti hain aur iske operachi tarah se control develop kerna yeh seekhne wali cheez hai. Jaise insan gari chalana seekhna hota hai ya pani mein tairna seekhna hai who regular practice ke zariye hi seekh patey hain.Waise hi shigarpatan ke oper bhi control bhi ek regular exercise se hi seekh sakte hain. Aur absab se ziada jau mahaz samsya logon ko satati hai yeh hai hans matun ke sath sath unke mannmein jau hazaron sawal rehte hain aur veerepatan se hone wale nuqsan ke barey mein unke mann mein hazaron duwedhaiyen rehti hain kyoun ke aksar kafi had tak yeh neem hakeem duwara yeh phelaye gae ek yeh brahmina hoti hai keh hans matun kerne se falan hojata haihans matun kerne se dikna hojata hai. Halanke hans matun ko vigyan ne ek normak kareyamana gaya hai even humara jau purana kamashastara hai vashtun doshtri ka likha hua haiunhon ne bhi isey pani metrun yani pani yani sankrit mein hath tau hans matun ek normal kiryahai yeh humare vastayan ke kamasutrye mein bhi dikhaya gaya hai tau yeh ek normal kirya hai isse sharer ka oper koi bhi viper prenaam nahi hota . tau young doston ya dost jinke pas partner available nahi hai who hans matun ka preyok ker ke apne apko ya apni sex ki ichcha ko normalrakh sakte hain yeh bilkul normal cheez hai. sharer mein jau veere uska nirman utserjin ke liyeyani bahar nikalne ke liye hi kiya gaya hai na ke sharer mein rehne ke liye. Is liye agr veeriyast kautsarjan hojata hai veeriyast khalan hojata hai tau bhi sharer ke oper koi viprit prenam nahihota yeh baat ap dehan rakhen.
Tau mitron yeh samsyaein ya isse milti julti aur bhi buhat sarisamasyain hun ya duwedha paida kerne wale koi preshant hun tau ap mera contact lybrate yeh health app ke dujerye ker sakte hain aur appointment bhi book ker sakte hain.