Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Seema Chopra
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Seema ChopraYour feedback matters!
I have gone through Ivf and conceived baby now I am 20 weeks pregnant when checking anatomy scan found out my cervix length is 2.7 cm during 12 weeks anatomy scan the cervix length was 3.70 cm.I am really worried now about the cervix length will it come back to normal or should I opt for any medicines or cervical cerclage.
Rose is probably the first flower that comes to our mind when we think of flowers. Associated with a variety of relationships including love, friendship, peace, etc., it holds a special place across all celebrations. Not many however, are aware about the wonderful medicinal properties that it has. Whether it is used in liquid, paste, oil or powder form, it has multiple benefits. Read on to know some of the multiple benefits that a rose has.
It is widely grown with very limited climatic restrictions and so it is time to reap the benefits of this simple, readily available flower.
- Rose powder mixed with fuller earth and rose water is one of the most common household face packs in use.
- Pure rose water is one of the best skin cleansing agents.
- The petals of the rose can be made into a paste and applied to control sweating.
- The dried rose petals can be crushed and made into a paste by adding rose water and further applied on wounds to promote healing.
- Dried rose petals can be mixed with milk and consumed to reduce acidity and treat stomach ulcers
- The tincture made from rose petals is useful in diarrhoea
- Rose buds are used in preparing a decoction which is highly useful in relieving constipation
- Herbal tea prepared using rose petals is consumed to treat acidity, burning sensation in the body, dryness of the oral cavity and is effective against treating infection in the intestine
- Rose water can be used as eye drop as they help in reducing burning and irritation
- Rose petals can be boiled and used for gargling, as it is extremely beneficial in relieving sore throat and cough
- Rose buds are rich in vitamin C and useful in preventing scurvy and cough and cold problems
- Pure rose oil is one of the common essential oils and is used to treat insomnia and reduce blood pressure.
- The rose oils are used in various creams to treat skin inflammation
- Rose oil is also widely used in various cosmetics (soaps, creams, lotions) for their multiple benefits
How to store your roses?
Given its benefit on various body organs, it generally finds its place in most homes.
- After watering the night prior, cut the flower diagonally before the sun is up fully.
- Remove the petals carefully after clearing moisture and insects
- Place a wet paper towel in an airtight container and spread the rose petals on it and close the box
- Keep it in the fridge for up to a week before use
- The dried leaves can be used in essential oils as it further enriches the oils.
- The oil has various uses and can be stored in an airtight container for months.
She got married before six months. She got period on June 5, but this month it went 3 days than expected date for period. How can I confirm whether she is conceived or not. Any basic pregnancy test can be conducted from home r do we need to check with gynecologist.
I am 24 years old. I married since 21 june 2013. I have secondary amenorrhoea since 2 years before my marriage. I try to conceive since 3 yrs. I went to several clinics for treatment. I diagnosed as pcos. I took glucofage 850 mg tid, folic acid and aspirin. Now my pc controlled. My weight was 90 kg and now 70 kg. I took many medication for ovulation and hyperstimulation as tab clomid and inj hmg but I didn't ovulate. Last period 27 April 2016 I took tab tamoxifen tid for 5 days from day 2. Then I took 150u inj hmg in day 8 and 150u in day 9. After that my follicle not reached needed size. Dr. increased dose and she gave me 150u inj hmg day 11 and 75U in day 12 than my follicle reached to max size and gave me inj hcg 10000u in day 14. After 2 day I get abdomen distended and pelvic pain. I went to doc. I get ohss mild then became moderate. I admitted in hospital for 2 days with oral fluid intake; inj ceftrixem and inj clean. I still under treatment. I have query? Can I get pregnancy this month?
Discussions and consideration of ailments begin and end with those which pertain to the physical health of an individual. Matters of the body are inevitably prioritized over the matters of the mind. However it goes without saying that your overall well-being is as much dependent on your mental health as it is on physical health. However, there are few simple measures which can be undertaken to beat the depression blues.
- Exercise: What works for the body may also work for the mind and exercise is a leading example of that. It is recommended that every day you set aside at least some time for exercising. It will not only benefit your physical constitution, but will also keep your thoughts away from the issues which are tormenting you in the first place.
- Converse: It is a given that depression alienates people, drowns them in solitude. However, seclusion is merely a temporary refuge, one that can hardly benefit you in the long run. Hard as it may be, try talking to people and engage in conversations with people. In the course of the conversation, try putting into words what exactly you are suffering from. Reaching out for an extended arm goes a long way in recuperating from this condition.
- Meditation: When you suffer from depression, you inevitably are, in the process, trying to grapple with plenty of tumultuous issues. It is imperative therefore that you find a way to calm your mind and there is no other way to do it than indulge in meditation.
- Find a confidante: When suffering from depression, it is crucial that you find yourself a confidante. It is important to talk to others but it is perhaps more important to find the right person. Irrespective of your relationship with him or her, by all means find a confidante in whom you can unflinchingly confide.
- Break monotony: Monotony not only triggers depression but in most cases, breeds it. It is important therefore than you break the monotony. If not a drastic change, go for small changes initially and try to change your daily routine as much as possible.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Me and my girlfriend had unprotected sex on 27th July and she took unwanted 72 after half an hour. She had vomiting after 3-4 days and on 3rd august she got brown few drops of blood (only few drops 1 2 drops) on 4th she had little normal kind of dark red bleeding it continued with normal blood colour and very light flow till 6th (it had no clots. She took a home pregnancy test on 10th august and it came back negative. Her periods was due on 14th aug. On 15th august she took test and again the result was negative again on 23rd she took a test and it was negative. It’s 26th aug now and she hasn’t got any bleeding yet Is she pregnant or the bleeding she got on 3rd what was that?
I am 25 years old female .I have taken 5 promolit n tablets to delay my periods. After 2 days I got my periods but I am having vomiting. Very slight amount of bleeding is happening. Can I be pregnant.
Hi sir .I have one girl introduced in Facebook then we are in love .She said once time doing the intercourse without safety. I said give me sometime .I will say you my opinion but I'm scare in case doing this type of any chance to HIV. I don't know about her is Facebook only so .If may I go .She is test in HIV if she is negative. May I do intercourse with her without safety. Please reply me sir.
If you are a heavy drinker and you are having problems with your sex life, they are likely to be caused because of your alcohol consumption. Sex and alcohol are not considered to be a good mixture. Although a small amount of alcohol is harmless, moderate to heavy drinking can hamper your sex life in several ways. Moreover, alcohol is very dangerous for pregnant women.
Alcohol can lead to sexual problems and issues in both men and women. It can also make them behave in a different and unusual manner, which may lead them into having sex with people who are unsuitable. It makes people take unnecessary risks and many get infected with sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). Unwanted pregnancy after having sex is a common aspect in today’s world. Alcohol also makes people likely to be victims of sexual attacks.
The bad effects of alcohol on your sex life
There are several bad effects of alcohol which take a toll on your sexual life. They are as follows:
- Alcohol may make people more likely to engross in sexual activity with the wrong person. Getting pregnant, catching infections and embarking in affairs which lead to the breakup of many marriages are common effects of alcohol. Alcohol is a primary reason for the demand of the emergency contraceptive or morning after pill, all over the world.
- Alcohol fuddles up people's brain and many of them forget to take proper contraceptive precautions before having sex.
- Alcohol is very harmful for unborn babies in pregnant women. It may cause brain damage to the baby. You should consume alcohol as less as possible during pregnancy and totally avoid it during the first three months of pregnancy.
- Alcohol accounts for being a major cause of erectile dysfunction or impotence in men. Alcohol may increase your sexual desire, but it reduces your performance.
- Men who are heavy drinkers may develop a permanent case of brewer’s droop. Loss of sexual interest is also likely.
- Excessive alcohol may lead to diminished or reduced libido in women as well. It is yet to be proven whether alcohol causes any other sexual complications in women.
If you are facing problems with excessive alcohol consumption and it is affecting your sex life, you need to take some steps. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.