Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Seema Chawla
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Seema ChawlaYour feedback matters!
1.Consume organic food grown without using chemical pesticides.
2.Drink highly filtered water.
3.Do not consume canned food or stored food in plastic containers. Cook and eat fresh food.
4.Check labels especially of toys to see that they do not contain any harmful chemicals.
5.Be careful when pregnant avoiding as much exposure to chemicals as possible. Use glass feeding bottles instead of plastic ones.
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome also known as Polycystic Ovarian Disease manifests in multiple cysts covering the ovaries, filled with immature follicles (eggs) accompanied by hormonal abnormalities and irregularities in ovulation and menstruation.
While PCOS falls into a group of conditions which don’t have a cure as such, there are natural ways to manage this condition so you don’t experience any symptoms and can get pregnant if you choose to.
What to do?
1. Avoid coffee, alcohol, soft drinks, sugar and juices containing sugar, refined
carbs (white bread, biscuits, chocolate, lollies etc…).
2. Eat small protein rich meals every 3 hours to balance your blood sugar.
3. Exercise regularly – cardio and weights (the more muscles you have the
more fat you’ll burn).
4. Add cinnamon to your cooking. It has been found to improve insulin
sensitivity in women with PCOS.
5. Excess androgen production has been shown to favorably react to intake of
licorice so include some fresh licorice from an organic store.
6. Reduce stress with yoga, mediation, breathing exercises, 8 hours of sleep,
regular exercise, lavender, lemon balm and chamomile tea.
7. Take a good quality multivitamin and fish oil (make sure it’s been tested for
mercury and stabilized with vitamin E).
8. Eat more: adzuki beans, basil, cayenne, chestnut, chives, eggplant, garlic,
ginger, kohlrabi, leek, nutmeg, pepper, rice, rosemary, spearmint and
STDs or sexually transmitted diseases are infections whose transmission to a healthy person from an infected person happens through sexual contact. However, with modern medicine and diagnostic techniques, there are ways to prevent, detect and cure them effectively and quickly.
Not all diseases are curable though and it is best to follow preventive measures. Also, for sexually active adults it is an absolute necessity to get tested regularly for their health as well as the well-being of their partners.
Why do people tend to avoid getting tested for STIs or sexually transmitted infections?
One of the major factors that avert people from regular tests is the social stigma attached with sexually transmitted diseases. It is absolutely imperative for sexually active adults to go for regular checkups so that if they have any infections or diseases, it can be diagnosed quickly and remedial measure can be taken appropriately.
The benefits of regular checkups:
Some of the benefits of regular checkups are mentioned here:-
- Regular checkups can detect problems at a stage when the conditions may not have progressed too much and this will make it easily treatable.
- With HIV positive patients, the quicker the testing gets done the quicker the treatment can be started. Thus, can prevent the onset of AIDS.
- Regular checkups can control the progression of the diseases such as Chlamydia, which if left untreated can cause permanent infertility.
- Getting a prospective partner tested is also a good idea as this can enable one to protect themselves from STIs.
- Symptoms for certain STIs can be similar to many other non-sexual or non-venereal diseases. Thus getting tests done is the only way to get to know if there is an STI or if it is some other nonsexual disease.
- HPV or Human Papilloma Virus can be detected easily with regular STI checkups and thus appropriate treatment can be started. If HPV isn't detected early, it can manifest much later in the form of cancer, which makes it more important to get yourself checked early on. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Some Medications May Cause a Bent Penis
Men tend to be very proud of their penises, and why not? A good looking penis, especially when the result of careful attention to proper penis care, deserves a little applause. That's why some men with a bent penis may feel a little self-conscious. It can seem unfair when a man's member causes him anxiety or embarrassment. Preventing an extreme curvature from occurring can help him avoid these feelings, so it's important to know about one possible cause of an excessively bent penis: medications. Not all medications, of course - but some fairly common ones can be at fault.
It's important to note, of course, that there's nothing wrong with a little curvature to the penis. Millions of penises have some curving, and millions of women find a little curve to be their cup of tea. But when the curvature is so extreme as to cause pain and/or difficulty in performing sexually, then a bent penis does become a concern.
Typically, a bent penis of such extreme curvature is diagnoses as Peyronie's disease, named after the doctor credited with first describing the condition. Most of the time, Peyronie's is caused by a genetic condition or to trauma to the penis, causing plaque to build up in an area which interferes with the penis skin's ability to extend and stretch. When the skin on one side won't stretch any further, it causes the penis to curve to that side during an erection.
In some instances, however, this plaque build-up appears to have a different cause - as mentioned, certain medications. At this point, there appear to be three main culprits:
- Beta blockers. Many people with high blood pressure use a class of medications known as beta blockers to stabilize and control it. Also called beta-andrenergic blocking agents, beta blockers operate by slowing down the adrenaline. But they also can cause fibrotic tissue to develop, and when that happens in the penis, a bent penis can result.
- Interferon. Many people with multiple sclerosis or who are being treated for hepatitis C use a drug called interferon. Doctors have noticed a link between multiple sclerosis and Peyronie's disease, and many believe that the link may be interferon, rather than multiple sclerosis itself.
- Anticonvulsants. People with epilepsy use anticonvulsants to help manage their condition. Anticonvulsants may also be used to treat other conditions such as bipolar disorder and neuropathic pain. There is some evidence that one anticonvulsant, phenytoin, may contribute to Peyronie's.
If a man experiences a severely bent penis and thinks that his medications may be at least partially responsible, he should contact his doctor. Before stopping the medication, he needs to talk with his physician and see what alternative options may be available. There may be other medications which can be tried. He may also want to explore what can be done to address the curvature. In some cases, halting medication does the trick; in others, further treatment may be advised.
A severely bent penis, whether due to medications or other causes, is not necessarily a sign of poor penis health - but sometimes paying attention to penis health can help alleviate some of the pain associated with the bending. Using a top drawer penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin) is strongly advised. Take time to look for a crème that contains vitamin C. Why? Because this vitamin is a key component in collagen, which helps give penis skin tone and elasticity, which can be beneficial when excess curvature is present. The crème should also include L-carnitine, a neuroprotectiuve ingredient which can help maintain penis sensation which may diminish due to plaque build-up.
I had sex on 25. I bleed on 2 june. But in next menstrual cycle. It's been 7 days I am not able to bleed. Is this a sign of pregnancy?
Hi I have a problem of loose vagina I Will get married after 2 months I am very worried about it there is any solution for that situation. If there is any medicine available for that please guide me.
While how well the flu vaccine works can vary, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends a yearly flu vaccination as the first and most important step in protecting against flu and its potentially serious complications. Millions of people have safely received flu vaccines for decades. Flu vaccination can reduce flu illnesses, doctors' visits, and missed work and school due to flu, as well as prevent flu-related hospitalizations.
A flu vaccination does not guarantee protection against the flu. Some people who get vaccinated might still get sick. However, people who get a flu vaccine are less likely to get sick with flu or hospitalized from flu than someone who does not get vaccinated.
Why do I need to get vaccinated every year?
New flu vaccines are released every year to keep up with rapidly adapting flu viruses. Because flu viruses evolve so quickly, last year's vaccine may not protect you from this year's viruses.
After vaccination, your immune system produces antibodies that will protect you from the vaccine viruses. In general, though, antibody levels start to decline over time — another reason to get a flu shot every year.
Flu vaccines bring down the risks of suffering from flu. However, its effectiveness is based on different factors.
Age: Usually, the flu vaccine happens to work the best for healthy adults. However, these vaccines cannot work as well with children, especially infants (below the age of 2-3 years). Nevertheless, the efficacy improves with age. Since older people are more prone to contracting the flu virus, it is essential that they get themselves vaccinated. Even if the vaccine is not able to ward off the flu entirely, it can still help reduce the risks to some extent.
General Health: Vaccine spurs immunity into action. It helps your body in identifying and fighting the virus. The efficacy of the flu vaccine solely depends on the capability of your body’s immunity system and how well it responds to the virus. Chronic illnesses weaken your body’s defense mechanism and with a poor immunity system, the vaccine may not work properly.
The time of the vaccination: For optimal protection, it is advised to go for the vaccination every year right before the ‘flu’ season starts. This is because after the flu season gets done with, old vaccines may not work as effectively.
The flu vaccine needs to be updated every season to guard you against the kind of flu dominant in that particular year. Getting yourself vaccinated is also not a guaranteed foolproof protection, however, it does render partial immunity and helps reduce the severity of the symptoms. However, it should be noted that flu vaccine cannot shield one from cold viruses.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!