Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Seema ChawaraYour feedback matters!
I feel my stomach is very heavyweight. I'm 31 years old woman. No pain as usual. Only pblm is feeling pregnant but its impossible. Whenever my period getting before 5days I feel my belly was very heavy.
Over the years, a sizeable number of people have expressed their affinity for brown rice as the healthier alternative to plain rice. Doctors are growingly recommending brown rice to all those keen on losing kilos or keeping type 2 diabetes in arrest. Brown rice essentially undergoes less of processing compared to white rice, hence it retains all the essential nutrients. Brown rice contains the side hull and bran, consequently, it helps in replenishing the crucial body nutrients like proteins, thiamine, calcium, magnesium, fiber and potassium. The growing popularity of brown rice not only stems from its nutritive values but also from the myriad healthy diet options that revolve around it. Unlike white rice, brown rice does not require artificial fortifications like synthetic vitamins in order to conform to the required standards of FDA. Brown rice enables you to enjoy the health benefits without compromising on the taste of rice. Brown rice is advantageous to not just the fitness fanatics, but is also the preferred meal for those with specialized dietary preferences like vegans. Some of the obverse rationale for brown rice may be listed as follows.
1. Controls insulin spikes
Brown rice has extremely low glycemic rating because of which the blood sugar levels in our body can be adequately controlled. While plain rice enhances the risk of developing diabetes, brown rice goes a long way in nullifying the glucose fluctuations in our body.
2. High in fiber
Brown rice is one of the most important sources of essential body fibers. It helps in preventing colon cancer by supplying the necessary fibers and it also detoxifies the colon walls by eliminating the cancer causing substances from the body.
3. Promotes weight loss
Brown rice regulates the bowel movements and thereby stimulates better metabolism. It is also considered to be one of the most wholesome dietary supplements because it remains a whole grain, unlike plain rice. Therefore, it is one of the most opted for food items for those wishing to lose the extra kilos.
4. Rich in salts and naturally occurring oils
Brown rice is rich in body salts like selenium and manganese which nourish your nervous and reproductive systems, thereby reducing the occurrence of diseases like cancer, arthritis and other cardiovascular syndromes.
5. Ideal as baby food
Given that brown rice is replete in necessary body fibers and health boosting nutrients, it is ideal for baby food because it promotes fast growth in babies and also averts any nutrition deficiency diseases. It also protects the baby from any synthetic vitamins that emerge from the consumption of white rice.
My last period was on august 1. M pregnant now but I took 2 tablets of mensovit plus around 1st of november before I knew I was pregnant. Are those tablets gonna have any effect on the baby. If so what are those.
It’s onset of festive season and also a heavy travelling time in India. Very often many people feel unwell while travelling. This problem is called Motion Sickness. Many of us, irrespective of age, feel sick while on road trips. This does extend to other modes of transports as well. Some common symptoms of motion sickness are fatigue, nausea, pale skin, headache, vomiting, increased salivation, sweating and dizziness. They usually occur when the motion begins and stop with the motion. Some ways to combat motion sickness with natural remedies are:
1. Ginger: Ginger is well known for its effectiveness in motion sickness. Ginger's primary active chemical component is Gingerol has been scientifically proven to be a valuable anti-motion sickness agent.
You can have ginger in tea, or as juice mixed with lemon juice, or just swallowing half a teaspoon of freshly chopped ginger with or without honey, before you travel. Ginger 500mg capsules are available in the market that also can be taken. It has antiemetic properties which reduce motion sickness and also aids digestion which in turn helps avoid nausea. Ginger is safe for even pregnant women and children.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar - It is helpful in many health conditions, motion sickness being one of them. It has alkaline and pH balancing effect on our bodies, this helping cure motion sickness. In a cup of lukewarm water, add a tablespoon of honey and two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. Drink this about half an hour before you are due to travel and give it some time to settle. If already suffering from motion sickness, then rinse your mouth with a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar mixed in half a cup of water.
3. Peppermint - Drinking peppermint tea before travelling is an effective way to combat motion sickness. You can also keep peppermint candy with you and suck on to it slowly when you start feeling uneasy. Alternatively, drop a few drops of peppermint oil on your handkerchief and smell it whenever you don't feel good.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
I am a 21 year old female. I had my periods on 20th of april for 4 days my cycle length is of 35 days. I took an ipill on 8th of may as a consequence of unprotected sex which resulted into bleeding on 9th and lasted for 4 days. My periods for this month was to scheduled to be on 26th may but I had to take an ipill again on 22nd yet my periods have not arrived. The pill has been taken within the duration of 24 hrs. Is it safe to have these pills twice a month and why I am not bleeding yet? Please consult as this is my very first experience with these pills.
Hi I got my period on 10th in Jan and 14th in Feb. This month I didn't get my period yet. I had pregnancy test on 17th it's negative. So wat to do now. Pls suggest.
Hello doctor I want to know can any kind of male condom cause any disease or infection to male.like lubricant used in condom can cause anything wrong .or is it safe.
Doesn't really sound like much, does it? especially when your daily calorie requirement is somewhere between 1500-2500. Given that calorie intake varies from person to person, based on gender, weight, age, and various other factors; the calories consumed don't change a bit no matter who's consuming them.
If someone says 200 calories, it seems like nothing when we talk about desserts and fried food, but it seems like a lot in context to fruits and healthy food. So let's take a look at some pictures of food depicting 200 calories to figure out how much is too much.
First is some fish, particularly salmon. This amount is great for a filling healthy snack. Add some vegetables or some vinegar to make it a perfect dinner.
Then comes 3 small pieces of brown bread which is actually more than enough for a light snack.
Pasta in that amount makes 200 calories, so you add some chicken or vegetables and mix it up in a great sauce to make it a healthy meal under 500 calories.
One full glass of white wine comes up to 92 calories, so you easily kick back and enjoy 2 glasses of wine!
Potatoes the best sin. French fries an even deadlier sin! but be careful not to order a large amount, stick to a small portion for a quick snack.
Now don't look at the brownies and get too excited, you're allowed only one such piece because that's around 190 calories.
White rice can be consumed in more than a mouthful, though; you can enjoy one full bowl of white rice without worrying about more than 200 calories.
3 boiled eggs the perfect healthy snack, which is astoundingly so filling is another snack under 200 calories.
One glass of full-fat milk comes up to 200 calories, which is why it is a recommended midnight snack.
Then, we have one whole chicken breast, which can be spruced up with sauce or cooked in any manner without worrying about too many calories.
A plate full of fruit such as kiwi makes up 200 calories now that's a great way to feel full and be healthy!
Black coffee makes up for barely 10 calories. And if you have it with sugar that'll be around 30-40 calories. This means you're allowed 5-8 cups a day (it's safe to assume you will become a night owl after such consumption). If you like your coffee with milk and sugar, that's almost 100 calories so you're allowed 2 cups of that.
Your morning cup provides more than just a jolt of caffeine. Well, now you know what 200 calories look like. In some cases, it's barely a mouthful, while it's more than a yummy meal in others. Another great way to make sure you're snacking under 200 calories or consuming the necessary amount, download a calorie counter app. It allows you to record every food item and shows you the total amount of calories you consumed.
Here's to some healthy snacking, some unhealthy binging (once in a while) and an overall diet within your calorie budget.
Enjoy your healthy meals:)
In case of any query or to book an appointment with dt. Silky mahajan please send us a mail at info@foodsandnutrition. In or call on 08067417780 (dial extension: 778)
I am 35 year old male, I have infertility problem due to undecending testicals by birth. Now am having single testicle which was placed at 9 years and another removed at 11. My seimen count is nil. Is there any treatment for me to give birth for child.
Hi Doctor, My wife after giving birth to baby in 2011 she gained weight as well she have many marks on her stocmach, so i want those marks to be removed as well as want her to lose that extra pulp and fat in her body how to do that?
Hello Dr. I am 23 years old. Meri 2 saal ki ek baby h and 2nd pregnancy hai 8 month ki. And meri peit me bht saare stretch marks pehle ke the. Aur bhi aa gye h.kya precaution lu. please help me.
Hello doc. Doc my period cycle is around 30 days. Means 15 of every month. I want to ask about safe days for making relation.
What is laser laparoscopy? What are the chances of conceiving after this procedure? Does age matters to conceive? laparoscopy works for those who dosent have matured egg? please ans.
Have you ever taken a look at your food and questioned yourself about your nutritional intake? Whether you’re a vegan, pescatarian or non-vegetarian, it is essential that your food provides you with vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates, proteins and fats. Never rely on vitamin supplements alone to give your body the nutrition it needs. Though a few nutrient deficiencies have no symptoms, most can be easily identified. Here are a few tips to help you understand whether your body is getting all the nutrition it requires or not.
- Cracks around the lips: Dehydration is not the only cause for cracks around the lips. This could be a sign of vitamin B, zinc or iron deficiency. It could also be a sign of not getting enough protein. To correct this deficiency, increase your intake of poultry products, eggs, cheese and salmon. Vitamin C helps the body absorb iron and hence you should also include fruits and vegetables rich in vitamin C in your diet.
- Hair loss and brittle nails: Biotin or vitamin B7 is crucial for healthy hair and nails. Hence, if you’re experiencing sudden hair loss and brittle nails, it could be a sign of vitamin B7 deficiency. Egg yolks are a rich source of biotin, but to get the most out of them it is best to eat them raw. However, avoid eating raw egg whites as this can be counterproductive. Other food items rich in biotin are nuts, mushrooms, salmon, cauliflowers and bananas.
- Red bumps on the skin: Red eruptions on the skin can be a sign of low levels of essential fatty acids or vitamin A or D. Sardines and anchovies are rich sources of Omega-3 fatty acids that can correct this deficiency. To deal with a vitamin A deficiency, you need to eat lots of green leafy vegetables, carrots and sweet potatoes. The best way to get Vitamin D is through safe sun exposure (get your vitamin D level tested today).
- Numbness in hands and feet: Numbness and a tingling sensation in your hands and feet could be a sign of vitamin B deficiency. This is often also accompanied by anxiety, depression and tiredness. Vitamin B supplements are easily available in tablet and capsule forms or can be found in spinach, beetroots, eggs and poultry.
- Leg muscle cramps: Frequent cramps in your toes, calves and arches of the foot could be a sign of potassium, magnesium and calcium deficiency, so get yourself tested today. To fix this, eat plenty of almonds, hazelnuts, apples and green leafy vegetables like kale and spinach. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized and ask a free question.
Experiencing any of these symptoms? Get tested yourself today and find out for sure!