Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Seema Bajaj
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Seema BajajYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am 17 weeks pregnant and I got some pinching like pain in left side near by lower abdomen. Shall I know the reason. I am worrying about this.
A sweet way to healthy living, is it even possible? Yes! Did you know that eating honey every day can keep you hale and healthy? You have a reason to smile, as you often control yourselves owing to the calories that come with sweetness. If there is one food that is sweet and healthy, it is none other than honey. Honey contains a treasure chest of hidden nutritional and medicinal values. The sweet golden liquid from the beehive is a popular kitchen staple loaded with antibacterial & antifungal properties and it has been used since ancient times. It is known as a power food in Ayurveda.
Apart from being one of the tastiest sweeteners in the world, honey contains compounds which provide you with immense health benefits. Ayurveda emphasizes the goodness of honey in its treatment methods and here are some of those benefits:
- Honey acts as an organic immunity booster: As per the Ayurveda, honey can be used as an ultimate immunity booster. Since the ancient times, honey has been used to create a harmony and perfect balance between the five senses. Daily and balanced consumption of honey undoubtedly leads to improved eyesight, cures impotence, diarrhea and bronchial disorders and more. When consumed with the other medicated herbs, honey increases the effectiveness of those herbs. Due to a powerful immunity system, cough and throat problems also get reduced as a result.
- Rich in antioxidants: The antioxidants present in honey help to prevent cancer, high blood pressure and makes your skin healthy. Good quality honey contains a generous amount of antioxidants, such as phenols as well as nutritious compounds like organic acids, flavonoids, etc. Antioxidants can prevent some types of cancer and also help in reducing extremely high blood pressure. The antioxidants in honey also enable you to get a healthy, glowing skin. It can be used as a natural conditioner in the case of rough and frizzy hair.
- Keeps your heart healthy: Yes, you can control heart diseases, blood sugar and diabetes with a regular dose of honey. Honey helps you to reduce weight and enable you to reduce the risk of heart diseases. A controlled intake of honey helps in reducing the level of LDL or bad cholesterol or the low-density lipoproteins. At the same time, it raises the level of high-density lipoproteins or HDL or good cholesterol. For weight watchers and people on a diet, honey is a safe option, as it reduces the level of triglycerides, thus reducing the risk of heart diseases and the type 2 diabetes.
- Honey acts as natural anti-bacterial and anti-fungal element: Honey is known to release hydrogen peroxide which acts as an anti-microbial agent that prevents the growth of bacteria.The use of raw honey mixed with water can be used as a mouthwash. Also rubbing honey directly on affected gums gives instant relief from pain and inflammation and other periodontal diseases. It work wonders in any case of gastroenteritis caused by bacteria. The existence of good bacteria like the lactobacilli or bifidobacteria enables it to heal any burn or wound quickly.
- Helps with sleep and associated issues: Quite often if you tend to suffer from insomnia or irregular sleep cycles which can result in frequent memory loss along with some other problems. Honey prevents extreme cellular damages by enabling the body to absorb the required calcium.
The level of serotonin also gets increased by honey, and it improves one’s stressed mood and mental condition. Serotonin eventually gets transformed into melatonin which prevents irregular sleep cycles. With just a spoon of honey early in the morning, take advantage of the goodness of honey; adapt your mind, body, and soul to healthier lifestyle options.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have one girl baby but iui baby. My husband only have sperm count problem. But first attempt success for me in iui. Now she has 2 years now. Now trying to second baby but not yet conceive What can I do mam. Again iui or any natural tips.
Please my prolactin level is 96.4 and am not pregnant or been pregnant before my breast is very painful and the bones of my hand and feet hurt and my veins hurt too and I have milk discharge in my two breasts whenever I press it please what could be the cause.
I had protected but I didn't confirm condom break or not so I took unwanted 72 within 1 hour is there any chance of pregnancy.
I had protected sex with my bf on 22 march 18 and pregnancy test is negative (one pink line on preganews kit) but after tow weeks after sex I feel like vomiting one day then my breast is paining and there is so much itching ans paining on down personal area Please help me I am so worried I do not want to get pregnant but I want to know that I want to know that I am present or not?
My wife present 37 week pregnancy yesterday she got thyroid levels 6.84 she taking every day 25 mcg today doctor told me25+ 12.5 mcg take daily just one week she get planning delivery present any problem thyroid effect.
Getting your period isn't exactly the most desirable biological process of life. But a lighter than normal period, can throw you off and make you start worrying about all the possible things that can be wrong with you. Even though every girl has her individual menstrual cycle, an average cycle should have a duration anywhere between three to seven days.
But when you don't expel the average amount of fluid (30 to 80 ml) and your cycle lasts only two days, it's a general indication of a problem. If your period lasts for two days you should consult a gynaecologist and buy preventive health check-up online. There are actually a few common reasons your period is light.
Here are five discussed below:
1. Hormone Imbalance
Estrogen and progesterone are the hormone duo that are largely the reason for orchestration of the menstrual cycle. The dip and rise in these two hormones can make your cycle a rollercoaster ride. When your hormones are unstable, your menstrual gets altered.
For instance, estrogen is in charge of the uterus lining. So, if your hormone levels are lower your uterus lining may not thicken enough for you to have a normal full period cycle. Also, having a high level of testosterone can also lead to a scanty period.
2. Birth control
When people are on hormonal birth control, a side effect you might suffer from is a lighter period or even goes away. This is actually a commonly discussed "perk" of long-acting reversible contraception option, like the IUD or implant. The reason for this is often attributed to endometrial atrophy, which is when your uterine lining gets thinner gradually.
Stress is a major risk factor to many reproductive health issues. If you are stressed, your body releases two hormones, cortisol and adrenal. Both these chemicals upset the stability of other hormones, even the ones responsible for the reproductive system.
Cortisol impacts the production of both estrogen and progesterone your body produces. So, if you are stressed and your body is flooded with cortisol, you might experience light period, late or no period.
Your body requires needs a specific amount of fat to be able to menstruate normally. This makes total sense in an evolutionary viewpoint, since your body should be the focus on its own health first. A low body weight can cause your menstrual cycle to diminish or even pause for some time. Light periods are also a result of an extreme weight loss, or eating disorders.
5. Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
Another common reason why your period might be scanty is PCOS. Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome for the endocrine system that causes hormone to get imbalanced. If you have this syndrome, you may be prone to small cysts forming on your ovaries which can cause the instability of hormones leading to excess hair, obesity, acne, and scanty periods. In addition to scanty periods you might even experience other symptoms, which you have to ask your doctor for ovarian cysts.